Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] Empty Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2]

Post by Tsubine Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Sign here—and your fate shall be sealed.
    Human Template

Basics

Name: Neil Reagan O'Cary
    ALIAS: Murder Priest; il Drago;
    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 188lbs

History and Personality

History:

We'll be there for you always.

You'll never be alone.

We'll be friends forever!

I'll never leave you.

"Let me tell you a lesson. Let me tell you that no matta' what you do—someone is gonna cause you to hate. That no matta' what—they're gonna lie, cheat, and steal. It might not be towards you, but they will. No one can resist the temptation of a sweet white lie. All those things I just said? All things said to me. All of them, lies. Not a single one has been true in the end.

I once was told that 'The world is my oyster.' Well, I learned from a young age that I didn't like shellfish. Deadly allergic, actually. So I said 'fuck you' to the world being my oyster, and decided to go on and make the world what -I- wanted it to be. It wasn't gonna be an oyster. It was going to be somethin' betta'.

I was born in Grandview thirty-two years ago on Christmas Eve. Parents said I was 'the best present they eva' had.' Mom was a baker and Dad used to be an enforcer for the Scarlettelis before he 'lost his arm in an accident.' Truth is, he cut it off so he could leave the life. Can't really blame him. Yanno, he had a kid now. He didn't want me to go down the same path. What a load of bullshit that turned out to be.

When I was four, my brothah came along. Little shit was named Lyle Thomas. Little shit didn't know what was good for him from a young age. I mean, he idolized me of all people. What kind of shit is that, yanno what I mean? Little shit, as that's what I called him from when I was twelve on, and I got into fights all the time. All his fault, as he wouldn't stop followin' me around. He was like a little shadow, and a loud one at that.

When I was thirteen, mom left the fire in the oven on one night. It's a thing of luck Little Shit and I's bedroom was on the ground floor. By the time the fire spread enough to wake us up, the top floor had collapsed. Pretty sure I saw Mom's half of the bed half-in the oven. Shitty wooden houses. But anyways, they didn't make it out but little shit and I did. It would bother as much if Mom hadn't always been beatin' my ass for forgettin' to put out the fire completely. Lazy bitch didn' even follow her own advice...

Anyways, little shit and I didn't have much after that. Our home was a loss, but we did stay there for a little while. It had half a ceiling and no one dared try to kick us out. Thankfully though, one of the Scarlettelis learned we was still alive. He was a friend of Dad's, so he took us in. Took 'em nearly a month to realize that Dad had even died. But anyways, he took us in, fed us, yadda yadda yadda.

Then about three months later, he came up to me with a 'favor.' And it's not like I could refuse—the guy practically saved my life. He needed some help with a job. The guy he normally got to help him got stuck in a meat grinder. Pretty messy shit, but then came the job. Turns out it was a simple job. Some guy wasn't payin' protection money. Well, little did we know the reason he didn't pay was 'cause he was payin' the Vermonas. So we go there to collect, and end up getting our asses kicked by these two six-foot-four twins that looked like there were part bear.

So the guy takes me and little shit with us to the Scarlettelis. He tells them this, and yanno, they ain't too happy. So they send us and ten more guys to this business again. Problem is, we had a leak. I am the only one that escaped. Little shit wasn't there, thankfully. Well, not thankfully lookin' back. Turns out he was the one that leaked everything. Not that he meant to, but yeah. It woulda been a lot betta' if he had been there and died there. Then the Scarlettelis wouldn't've come after him.

A week later, I found Lyle's arm stickin' out of the drainpipe in front of the house. It was all that was there of him. Little shit should've kept his damn mouth shut. But anyways, I wasn't safe from the Scarlettelis at that point. Instead, I found an old clocktower in the northern part of town. No one seemed to be usin' it, so I started to use it. Turns out, it was neutral ground and where deals were done. So I got all the scoop around Grandview. And with that scoop, I made a livin'.

It's also where I learned to summon a demon, and when I was sixteen, I made my first contract. Cost me this eye, but I  got my power from that. Well, I had the power... I just learned how to use it from that damn thing. I got drunk with the power and tried to use it again. I can hear better and remember more shit thanks to it. That one cost me somethin' else, and I couldn't contract another until I was 'twice my age.'

Now I cold hear even better, and I could make anyone my bitch. One time I even got a capo of the Vermonas in a deal with a Caporetti. He paid me off with the knowledge of a bar that was the cream of the crop. So with that knowledge, I went there. And there, I met a girl. Damn fine girl at that.  I was seventeen, she was twenty-three... And damn what an ass she had. But we hit it off all easy like. Two hours later, we were bangin' at her place.

Eventually, I fell for the broad. But she didn't fall for me, and instead went off to screw when I wasn't around. I didn't know this, and for two years, we dated and I basically ended up rubbin' dicks with every man in Grandview. I knew somethin' was up when she started to get fatter, and turned out she was pregnant. I never once went bare, 'cause I couldn't take care of a kid, yanno? I lived in a damn clocktower. I was not a good role model.

And so when I confronted her, she said she was leavin' me for the dad. I got slapped when I asked which one. She left, and I went back to the clocktower deal-makin'. I met a guy there—and no, I don't swing that way. He was a cool cat. Gave me this eyepatch. Anyways, the guy would go on and on about how he was on-track to be a capo. I called him out on it many times, and we got into much-needed brawls with one another every time. And then, the bastard sold me out. He figured out what I was doin', and told the Scarlettelis about it. Turns out he was the nephew of an old Scarletteli consigliere.

Well, I wasn't takin' any of that shit. Usin' what information I could, I got myself into the Scarletteli mansion and took out the don. Well, that's what people say. What actually happened was that I took out the guards to him... And then made a deal. Told him if I ever saw his ugly face in Grandview again, I would rip out his balls and shove them into his lungs. Considering he had a red-hot brand aimed at 'em, I guess you could call it aggressive negotiations. I also had him give control of the Scarlettelis to me, and I've been runnin' them as a sort of protection for myself. They make money, and I restore the clocktower. Some idiots still think it's a safe place to make deals... Well, that's about it for my life story. Borin', ain't it?"

Personality: There's much to say in a name. Neil's name is no different. Neil comes from the Braukan word meaning 'champion,' Reagan comes from the Braukan word for 'furious,' and O'Cary comes from the Braukan word for 'dark one.'

• Born to Be Wild: Neil may be a planner, but he knows that sometimes the best option is to just go with the flow. If there are cops about to storm a building, sometimes the plan may not work. Sometimes the best idea is to charge through using a makeshift shield and surprise them. Or maybe it's to just hide in the bathroom until the cops are done canvasing the place. Although, to him, the first sounds better every time.

• City's Burning: Grandview. Most people hate it. Neil is no exception. The town is a rotten shithole with little chance of salvation. But that's why he likes it. If there's any place to be deceptive and cloak-and-dagger, it's a place like Grandview. It's easy to find people who only value their lives, allowing him to use his geasa to his advantage.

• Deceptively Against You: Although he will never lie, always suspect Neil has his own motives in helping someone. In the world of Grandview—you need to look after yourself first and foremost. No one else will look after you in the end, so if you can't keep your own goals going, then you're going to fall faster than a wingless Endellion.

• Everybody Wants to Rule the World: Everybody has a bit of evil in them, just like everybody has a bit of good in them. You may find a murderer who has two loving daughters he'll give his life for. You gotta ask, which is he first—the 'evil' hitman or the 'good' father? That'll depend on your own views on the situation, but Neil would view the guy as a father first and would say he's a little more on the lighter side of grey (saying he's more good than evil).

• Getting Away with Murder: Death. It happens. Sometimes, you can't avoid it. But there are times you can. There are always more options to take than many of the people he's used a geis on realize. And when he uses a death geis, he'll never regret if their death comes up. He's given them a chance to live on... and if they won't respect his chance, then he has no need to care.

• Just This Side of Insincere: It's not that Neil doesn't care—it's that you have to give him a reason to care. If there's a kid crying, he won't care until he knows why the damn thing is crying. If it's because the kid dropped his ice cream, then Neil will probably care more about the moss growing on a tree. If it's because the kid's parents just got shot, he might be more inclined to care.

• Runnin' with the Devil: If Neil wants it, he'll get it. He'll give up his humanity if it gets him that, and he's willing to become a pitch-black soul if need be. This is evidenced by the fact he has contracted not one, but three demons so far (although 2 have had their contracts expire). He wanted power, he got it from a demon. He wanted a stronger body, he got it from another demon.

• Sharp Dressed Man: Neil never wears anything 'ratty.' He's always seen in some variation of a suit. Save for when he gets out of the bath, he has a white tiger-pelt robe he wears. Most of his clothing is black, although he does wear dark shades of blue, red, and grey if he feels like it.

• Won't Get Fooled Again: If there is one thing Neil hates, it's a liar. Even little white lies add up over time. 'Does this make my ass look big?' might be a hard question to answer, but continuously saying 'No' might just end up with your wife being the size of a truck. It all adds up in the end, so you might as well end up with the lesser sum.

Appearance

Appearance:

Magic

Type: Sorcerer
    Description:
    Dorchadas: Dorchadas is the name of the power he gained from the first contract, then further modified by the second. It takes the form of a black ooze normally. Underneath his skin, this ooze forms a barrier. The first time that part of the skin is wounded, it doesn't go through to his body. Instead, it only opens up the skin and the ooze begins to seep out. The second wound in that area passes through as normal. Dorchadas's main power is not the barrier. The main power is a pair of black snake-like tentacles which come from his back. They phase through his clothing, and don't tear through. The serpents are so black they are difficult to look at. No matter how much light is shone on them, they appear as that odd black. They can extend to 3 meters away from his body. Their mouths are more like an aligator's, and they have a total of 24 teeth capable of easily biting through a heavy jacket.

Serpent's Geis: Neil's main power is the power of the geis. A geis is a sort-of contract, which binds someone to a certain condition. A geis's punishment and the condition(s) are set upon the creation of the geis. For example, he could create a geis that says 'You can not cause my death, otherwise you will die.' The other person would have to agree to the geis, of course, but if they did anything—even by accident—to directly cause his death, they would die as well. There is usually a single degree of separation to constitute a 'direct' cause in that sense. Thus he could not order someone to kill Neil, but someone else under his command could without consequence. A geis can have two conditions at maximum, and a person can only have a maximum of three geasa at the same time. Neil can not give a person geis that directly conflict with one another.

List of Geasa:

Combat

Equipment: Neil has various standard mafia equipment—a small illegal handgun, a switchblade, etc. He can also get just about anything with his connections.
    Skills: Neil has a heightened sense of hearing and memory thanks to a former contract with a Demon. He also isn't half-bad with a knife and is a very dirty fighter.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2] Empty Re: Neil O'Cary [Approved; 1-2]

Post by Dai Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:04 am

Application Checklist
    • Name [x]
    • Appropriate Age [x]
    • Gender [x]
    • Appearance Present [x]
    • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [x]
    • Appearance is Not Claimed [x]
    • 15 sentences for personality [x]
    • History is 10 sentences [x]
    • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [x]
    • Powers are described reasonably enough [x]
    • Application is not in First Person [x]

Comments/Notes:
    Tier: 1-2
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:02 am

Agility: 23
    Durability: 23
    Endurance: 23
    Speed: 23
    Strength: 23

Energy Control: 23

Last edited by Tsubine on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

Post by Dai Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:33 am

Application Checklist

• Name [x]
    • Appropriate Age [x]
    • Gender [x]
    • Appearance Present [x]
    • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [x]
    • Appearance is Not Claimed [x]
    • 15 sentences for personality [x]
    • History is 10 sentences [x]
    • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [x]