Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed]

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] Empty Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed]

Post by Schnockles Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] SnopyAE_zps1054f6b7

It was a surprisingly quiet morning in the forest.  A very unusual day, Arcadia usually bustling with sound in one way or another.  It wasn't really an uneasy stillness though.  A light breeze blew through the trees, releasing the gentle sound of rustling leaves through the air.  Occasionally there'd be the chirp of a bird, or the sound of a distant animal running, but other than that it seemed to be mostly quiet.  The creatures of the night were retiring for the day, the last cricket chirp ending 10 minutes prior.  The creatures of the day seemed to be remaining in their homes.  Perhaps they had not yet quite realized it was day.  There were thick clouds overhead.  Not so thick that it was raining, but thick enough to make it a distinct possibility.  As a result, the forest was blanketed in a dull grayish lighting.  Not exactly pretty, but to some it was a nice ambiance.  The moisture in the air was rather thick, further indicating the possibility of rain.  Still, there would definitely be some time before it rained.  Perhaps this is why there were a few creatures still bustling about, making sure their home was safe and stocked up.  The treetops further shaded the ground.  It was surprisingly not a very cold day, but the shade gave the forest a nice cool feeling.  It was almost as if the forest was in a strange form of partial hibernation.  Of course, not everything was hiding away in the safety of some permanent or makeshift home.  SOME people had better things to do.  And by people, I mean person.  And by person, I mean a 6'0 ape descendant whose house for all he knows could have been destroyed to make way for a bypass.  Well, probably not, Arcadia probably has little use of bypasses.  Still, the heterochromic man in his head had more important things to do than sit around and relax.  People like him don't get to relax, no matter how badly they want to.  As he walked through the forest, a light breeze blew his medium length blonde hair.  His clothes, too, moved a bit as a result of the breeze.

Upon coming to a small clearing, he stopped and sighed.  He never pictured his life coming to this.  He used to have everything he could ever want, and now he has nothing.  Nothing but his clothes, and the old sword made by his great grandfather.  Having that sword was better than nothing, seeing as he needed to protect himself.  Truthfully though, what he carried was a weapon of quality that was almost impossible to match, for an unenchanted sword anyway.  You could find equals if you were lucky, but not a better blade.  He had no idea what he really carried in his hand though, so to him, it was just a means of protection and the last connection to his family.  His life wasn't all bad luck though, he had met an elf whom seemed to be willing to help him.  Sure, after being abandoned and betrayed by nearly everyone he once knew, he was painfully distrustful, but that was mere self defense.  He knew he needed to be able to physically protect himself, and she seemed like his best bet.  Elwyn, as was the elf's name, was asleep when he last saw her.  Rather than wake her up, he decided he'd go out and practice a little himself.  Honestly, he was sort of expecting her to just get up and leave once she saw he wasn't there.  Though deep in his heart, a part of his hear he himself was not truly aware of, he was praying that wasn't the case.  That self defense mechanism of his probably caused him more grief than it was worth, he was not a loner in his heart.

From it's sheathe Snopy drew Yasumasa.  The katana was definitely strange, and he realized this whenever he drew it.  It somehow felt both heavy and light when he picked it up.  It did what it was supposed to surprisingly well though, so he never really questioned it.  He took up the basic stance his father had taught him.  Both hands on the hilt, the tip pointing upward to where an opponent's throat might be.  Snopy always thought that it'd be far easier to swing the blade as he unsheathed it, but he had so little training something like that would probably get him killed.  Keeping both hands on the blade he began swinging.  Not optimal training obviously, but being self taught isn't exactly easy.  Swinging the blade around though would at least help him with his strength and coordination, since both of those were needed to ACTUALLY swing the thing as he wanted.  Later he might switch to something else, maybe running in order to improve his speed and stamina.  Still, he was training alone, and he wasn't an expert on the concept.  At this rate it would take a long time to see real results.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] Empty Re: Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed]

Post by Serenity Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] Elwyn%20-%20Callie%20Hand_zpsv4w0bnrd

It was just a small shift in the air, a soft breeze moving through the hut as a door had been opened. Still, no matter how small the breeze was, Elwyn was quickly alerted to the change in the air around her and her sister. She sensed no danger, only the movement of a new addition to the duo that was her and Nilani. Sliding quietly out of bed, she picked up a brush and combed her hair back, sliding the angelic headdress onto her head before stepping out of her room. The air was still now; Snopy had gone from here. It was not hard to guess why he would leave now, though it was a foolish choice. If Elwyn would allow Nilani to run around when and where she pleased, she doubted that she would be able to see her little sister again; small and innocent was easily captured.

With a final glance toward her sleeping younger sister, Elwyn stepped out of the hut and quietly over to her 'apprentice', if you could really call him that. She watched him silently, her arms crossed along her chest. The day was quite gloomy, unlike the past few that had passed them by. The grey tint that held itself overhead was depressing, and that wasn't something Elwyn felt like experiencing. Something needed to lighten the mood. The only thing that came to Elwyn's mind was to help Snopy with his training. Right now, he was just practicing with his blade, swinging it around. He seemed so focused that he didn't know she was here. That wasn't entirely surprising; she was on the stealthier side when she needed to be and he wasn't exactly trained, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Let's see if he notices it coming." she thought as she raised her arm and pointed toward his back. Gathering water from the air and wrapping it around her arm, she shot forward a jet-stream of cool water. She did not keep it quiet and it sounded like normal rushing water being shot out of a hose. If he was hit with this, since it technically was a surprise attack, he'd merely be knocked off his feet. She wasn't aiming to harm him; she was seeing if he was aware of his surroundings.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] Empty Re: Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed]

Post by Schnockles Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:24 am

Snopy was pretty engrossed in his training.  Coordination, some muscle build up, any result at all would have made him happy.  Unfortunately intense training usually lead to intense fatigue and pain, which was all well and good until he realized that he constantly needs to be able to move around and get things done regardless.  At least with Elwyn, he knew he could at least work a little harder, and yet even then he was a little reluctant to do so.  He honestly still wondered if this girl had some ulterior motive, something he should be worried about.  Snopy looked up for a moment and stopped swinging.  Hmm.  He turned around in a sudden jolt and brought his sword about, he thought he heard someone sneaking up on him.  But...the sound he heard was a squirrel...that he was now pointing his blade towards.  "Now I feel silly."  He lowered his sword, obviously he didn't intend on running a squirrel through, though honest he'd be lucky to even hit it if he tried.  

From there though, he heard something...it sounded like running water.  "Eh?"  He spoke, as he turned around just in time to see a stream of water, slamming into his stomach and sending him barreling down onto his ass.  "Ow."  He spoke as he rubbed his behind.  His other hand still had his sword firmly gripped, and for a moment he readied it, pointing towards the source of the water.  Of course, it ended up just being Elwyn.  "A hello would have sufficed."  He said as he got up, perhaps a tad annoyed at the scenario.  Part of him thought that maybe she was trying to keep him alert, but part of him wondered if she was just being a jerk.  Of course there was a third part of him that thought he should have been amused, but that part of him was never invited to these sorts of parties.  "Did I really need a bath that bad that you'd hose me down?"  He said jokingly.  It was quite obvious that the hosing annoyed him a bit at first, but he did soften up with a bit of a smile.  Snopy was dripping wet, water ended up soaking his hair and his clothes.  He did like water to an extent, so it was hard to stay annoyed.  Combined with the feeling of the cool air, it actually felt really nice once you got used to it.

"So, what is it that was so important you got my super nice clean clothes all wet and muddy."  He was OBVIOUSLY joking, considering that while he did his best to keep them somewhat clean, they were traveling.  They were bound to get dirty, and the clothes had obvious signs of wear.  They were also weren't considered fine clothes even when they were new, just average.  Plus, he just had a tone in the voice that said he was kidding.  "Ah, worried about me were you?"  He said with a chuckle before continuing.  "Well whatever the case, that training you were talked about before...I'd uh..."  Snopy could thank someone, but asking for help like this wasn't something he was used to.  After a little struggling to just say the damned words and admit he needed the help of someone he didn't know very well, he finally just sighed.  "Could you please help me train?  I don't think I'm going to get very far on my own, and...you're a much better fighter than I."  He felt a little like crawling into a hole.  The only reason he could honestly muster this was because he had been with Elwyn for at least a little while, but his lack of trust made him feel needlessly small and helpless when he did need help. Fact was though, he desperately needed training, so he had to suck it up.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:40 am

There was one thing about these two interacting that was a little entertaining. Elwyn was quiet. She often kept to herself, talking only when she felt it was necessary. She always spoke in a commanding manner, but it was never excessive. Snopy, on the other hand, was a talker. It was a little surprising how talkative the guy who seemed not to trust anyone was. A lot of the time, he answered his own questions or spoke up before she would. Since Elwyn preferred not to interrupt or be interrupted, it was often that she just let him talk until he was staring at her and waiting for an answer. It seemed to work all the time, including this time. He went on about messing up his clothes because she had just knocked him on his ass and then asked her to help train him.

Even when he asked why she had soaked him, she waited for a moment and allowed him to continue. She merely placed her hand on her right him. And through out this entire conversation, Elwyn was smiling. "Hello." she finally said once he finished. She was actually saying that in reply to his 'a hello would have sufficed' comment, but a long time after he asked it. She was a little bit of a smart-ass when she wanted to be. He was amusing to her, and not in an offensive way. "I was not worried about you. There was nothing you were doing that would cause me to worry." she said as she straightened her posture, "If you wished to leave, you would have. I would have not stopped you. Instead, Nilani and I would have moved on and you would have not gotten your training."

"So yes, Snopy. I will do my best to train you." Elwyn told him with a quick nod, "Though, you seem to be concentrating on fight with a sword. You do realize that to really learn to fight that basics, strength, speed, and agility need to be enhanced first? If your body can not move the way it needs to, any ability you have to fight will fail. So, if you're wanting to train, it's time for some strength and stamina building exercises..." Elwyn pulled out a white ribbon and wrapped it around her hair, pulling her blonde locks back into a ponytail. After that was set, she walked over to him and pulled every ounce of surface water from his body and clothing, tossing it to the side to dry him off. "I do have a question though... Why exactly are you wanting to learn to fight so badly?"

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Snopy's mind was on a lot of things, and unfortunately when his mind raced he had a bit of a bad habit of not putting pauses between statements.  Elwyn was very patient though, and waited until the end of his tangent to finally say hello.  She had a smile on her face.  Why did she just have a smile on her face that whole time?  Thinking about it, Snopy had just said a lot all at once, and he didn't realize it until he stopped to think.  Was she laughing at him?  Of course she was in a way, the real question was if it was malignant.  With the smile on her face, any normal person would not have even considered that a possibility, but Snopy was not any person.  Then again, she did sound like a smart-ass.  He just shook it from his mind and moved on.  She shot down his joke with simple fact, but a true one.  As far as he could tell, there wasn't much practical reason to keep it around, and if there WAS an ulterior motive he has no clue what it would be.

She confirmed she would try to train him, and he nodded back to her.  She then began to explain why what he was doing wasn't going to get him anywhere.  She was right, though it always surprised him that all the running he did didn't give him some huge stamina pool.  Though the running instances were scattered, so odds were he made slight progress, but it'd have been years before it actually meant made any difference whatsoever, which isn't really progress.  "You're right."  He knew she was, so all he could do was confirm it.  Elwyn pulled the water out of his clothes and suddenly he was dry again.  A rather efficient ability this girl had.  She actually dried me off.  He wasn't going to complain, though he'd likely be wet again soon.  Snopy took his sword and sheathed it, lying it on a tree.  

As he did so, Elwyn asked him a question.  He stopped for a moment, staring off into space.  He had already told Elwyn a lot about his sister, which in hindsight he feels wasn't the greatest idea.  Fact of that matter was, though, he was looking for his family, most notably his sister.  If he could fight he could travel without getting killed, and he could look for her.  "I felt like I needed to get away from Aria, and I need to be able to fight to be able to travel without being protected whenever something goes wrong."  He turned around and stated fairly convincingly, although with some minor body language and tone inflection that might tell the more observant he wasn't telling the whole truth.  He isn't really sure what he'd say if she asked him more.  "Alright, so you're the trainer.  What do you want me to do first?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:03 am

Whether he would admit it or not, Elwyn knew there was something more than needing to defend himself at work here. She remembered what was said about his younger sister; she too felt the same pain. The entire reason she was out here was to find Nahbe, but wondered if she ever would. She couldn't stay in the wilderness forever. She did have a clan to run after all. Either way, if he needed some training, she would help him for as long as she could. He would just have to deal with the conditions of constant traveling and be willing to go where they were going. It would not be now, it may not even be any time soon, but Elwyn knew she would have to explain their traveling to Snopy some time. He could not be left in the dark for long; Trust doesn't build through secrets.

"Understood." was Elwyn's reply to Snopy's answer. He would open up when he wanted. It seemed he wanted to get started too. He asked her where she wanted him to start, so she glanced him up and down while thinking back to when she and Nilani had started their training. "Stamina." she said, "Take no offensive, but through observation, it is obvious you're not one of strength. Your asset will be speed in battle. As long as the opponent cannot hit you, you will be fine. To acquire this though, you'll have to stretch your muscles and work your body to the breaking point. Running is the easiest way to start. So, do a few stretches to limber up, start off in a jog, and then move into a run and see how long and far you are able to get." With this, she pointed into the forest away from the hut.

"This forest is a maze in it's own. Rocks, raised roots, large trees, and even animals will be your obstacles. I will be running with you, so you don't have to worry about being taken out by a bear or anything else that might be in there..." she explained and then lowered her arm, looking back to him with a confident smile, "Right now, I am testing you more than anything. I want to see how much you can do before I decide at what level to train you at. Keep your breath even, calm any nerves that may hold you back, and keep the path you take in your mind so you don't trip and fall." Elwyn guided him over to the edge of the forest and took a deep breath herself. She stretched a little bit, though she didn't really need to, and looked back to him, "Once you're ready... Start and I will follow."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 am

When Snopy explained his simple excuse for why he wanted training, Elwyn didn't press him on it.  He was thankful for that, he wasn't a professional liar.  He'd only be able to keep it up for so long. As he asked where they should start, it didn't take much glancing for Elwyn to decide stamina.  No, he couldn't even blame her.  He wasn't Mr. muscle, he was lean.  Though while he couldn't blame her, it did slightly bother him.  Even if he didn't want to be some muscle head, being called weak didn't exactly appeal to him, even if he KNEW that wasn't what she was saying.  It was dumb, but it was how he felt.  She explained he'd need to run first, as it was the simplest way to start.  Oh no, like he wanted to do MORE running.  Still, it would be nice to run a longer distance before being winded.  "To the breaking point...something tells me I'm going to hate this."  He stated simply, although he did not flinch.  He was going to do it.  Unless he met some unfortunate end during the training, he was going to become stronger.  He’d stop being dead weight.  The work of the mind never got him anywhere in this world, mostly because so many people undervalued it.  However, he’d combine his brains with some physical prowess, and he’d find a way to get things done.  He would find out what happened to his sister, and if she was still out there somewhere.

Elwyn began to explain what running through the woods would be like, and while he wasn't the most physically adept, he DID have plenty of experience running through the forest.  He wasn't perfect, but the odds of him tripping were much smaller than some random person pulled from the city.  Though her being there did make him feel a little less like Taerick fodder.  She looked to him with a confident smile, a smile that was somehow a little comforting.  It would all be a test to see how hard she should push him initially.  She explained what to do to optimize the session.  "Right."  He responded.  He took her advice and decided to stretch a bit.  He stretched down to his toes, stretched his arms a bit, and most importantly, stretched his legs.  He knew how to stretch mostly from how much better his muscles felt in the past after certain stretches.  He looked forward, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.  He opened them and began to jog as she had instructed.

From here Snopy would be jogging through the forest, along with Elwyn.  He made it a point to be aware of her position, but not to look at her.  Seeing her effortlessly do what would eventually have him gasping for breath would not be good for his flow.  Though in truth, thinking about it didn't help much either.  Snopy had to keep going though.  Ducking under a branch that almost smashed him in the head, and quickly needing to hop over a rock, he almost ended up stumbling, but by some sheer luck he didn't fall flat on his face.  Unfortunately less than 5 minutes later, he ended up stepping in a branch for a classic cartoon rake to face moment.  Stepping on one end, the other end smashed into his face, causing him to slow to a walk for a moment, before he pressed back into a run.  He might have been bleeding a little, but he ignored it.  He could tell he didn't get some giant gash, so he would walk it off.  He broke into a true run about 7 minutes from starting.  He had some running experience, so he didn't start gasping within the first few minutes, but after 10 minutes of running his breathing became heavy.  Still, he kept going.  He managed to keep going another 10 minutes before he ended up stopping, his legs feeling like jello.  7 minutes of jogging and 20 minutes of running.  In normal circumstances he'd have stopped running after 10 minutes, but when pushing himself to keep going he made it to 20.  While it wasn't full sprint, and actually his max speed wasn't that impressive, it was better than he thought he could do.  Still, there were people and animals that could run for hours on end, all day even.  He'd need a lot of improvement in both speed and general stamina in order to stand a chance at surviving attacks.  Gripping onto a nearby tree to stay standing, he turned to Elwyn.  "So, how sad is my stamina?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 pm

The moment he started, Elwyn ran along side him. Not only was she trained in this, but she had grown up in the forest anyway. She knew exactly how to manuever, predict, dodge, and outsmart most things that would come at her in this place. She really was a 'wood elf'. She didn't exactly run along side him though. She was usually about six to ten feet to his right or left and about five feet behind him. She moved from area to area to watch his form and see exactly how he was using his body to maneuver. From what she could tell, he was definitely a runner. He knew how to pace himself. He also was a good listener because he started off at the jog like she had asked. She could already tell that this wasn't going to be a pain in the ass. Even Nilani would likely join in and help him out.

He did mess up a few times. Whether he wasn't paying attention or things kind of snuck up on him, only a few things seemed to slow him down. He was agile and speedy, just like she thought. After quite a bit of running, a lot more than she actually expected from him, the two of them came to a stop. He went in a straight line, like she assumed he would. Now she wondered, did he realize he now had to go back? This was how his training was going to be. As they stopped, she stood perfectly straight and took in a deep breath, slowly letting it out. She had a few beads of sweat along her forehead, but wiped them off. He asked how he had done and she nodded in approval at this, "Actually a lot better than I thought you'd do. You've got a bit of stamina already, so this won't be too hard."

"Now..." Elwyn pointed back toward where the cabin would be, "Go back." There was no waiting this time. She meant now and her voice would have proven that. He wan't to learn to fight. He wanted to be able to survive. This was how he was going to do it. There was no easy way, not out here where he could get killed at any moment. The fact is, Elwyn could have kept going like that for another two hours before she would of had to take a break. It was hard for people to keep up with her and she understood that. Even Nilani couldn't do that with her flight. Elwyn was not expecting him to be her, no. Now is when he would push himself. He was at the stage where he felt like he had to stop. Pushing yourself came after that, when you were in pain and almost unable to breathe.

Though, as he would start running back, about half way through she would stop him and tell him to take a break. After he rested, the two would walk back calmly and likely in silence.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:43 am

As he was gasping for breath, he listened to Elwyn's reaction.  Huh, that was strange, while he did better than he expected, he didn't expect what he had to be much of anything.  He just guessed the times he's had to run around like a chicken with his head cut off did it.  Of course, the part that frightened him was when she pointed back.  Before she opened her mouth Snopy's brain went "uh oh".  "Go back."  Snopy's body froze up, and he just looked up at her.  She meant now, that much was certain.  For a moment he had a look on his face like "You've got to be kidding", but he knew he had to comply to get anywhere.  After that brief moment he sighed, he counted in his head to 3, taking in three deep breaths to make sure he had plenty of air, and from there he just silently began to run backwards.  No not BACKWARDS as in backwards, backwards as in back the way he came.  Though the short maybe 30 second rest and the three deep breaths did help, it only took a mere 30 seconds for him to be back at the heavy breathing and the pain.  His muscles were screaming to stop, and he wanted to comply so badly.  However, he forced himself on.  He was much less coordinated than the first stretch.  Or rather, his exhaustion simply slowed some of his reactions, as well as his speed.  He went as fast as he could muster, but it was a tad slower than before.  He did his best not to stumble, and the slightly reduced speed did make him more easily aware of possible threats before his foot caught onto them.

Ten minutes passed (or rather 15, as his speed had slowed), and with a few stumbles and at one point a trip over a tree branch, Elwyn told him to stop.  He was happy to comply as he leaned (or rather fell) into a tree to support himself.  Without forward momentum to hold him up, his body no longer wanted to stay upright, at least until he got a bit of rest.  "Aren't we only halfway there?"  He'd ask as he gasped.  However, after he rested for a good few minutes, Elwyn would just let him walk the rest of the way.  Elwyn was silent and Snopy didn't feel he had much to say either.  Part of that might have just been that every bit of precious air he took into his body he wanted to hold on to.  So as they trekked, it was fairly silent.  Snopy felt the air becoming heavier, and looking up he knew it was going to rain very soon.  The rain would be nice though, it would wash off the stickiness of the sweat.  He was a tad drenched in it.  "So, what's next?  We aren't done for now are we?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:30 am

Elwyn could chuckle at that look Snopy had given her, but she didn't. What did he expect? She was going to push him hard. If he wanted to be trained by her, he was going to end up pushing himself beyond his already pushed limits. This was so she could see exactly how far he'd go and how determined he was. The body could take a lot more stress and pain than most would imagine. If he needed to, he could probably run at full force even now. The only thing that was lacking to allow that was fear and adrenaline. Elwyn would not push him to that brink though. That was something he would discover in the heat of battle or while running for his life. It would not be discovered through training, but through actual experience. For now, he was rather impressive with how far he pushed himself.

Once she let him stop, she explained that he could walk the rest of the way, which she could assume he was grateful for. One thing she did notice, he seemed to only take a few second breaks. If he wanted to, he could have taken up to five minutes, but she wouldn't tell him that either. Instead, she took note of this and would likely compliment him on it later. As they were heading back, the hair became heavier. She could tell it was about to rain just because the amount of water overhead began to slowly increase. If Nilani were here right now, she'd ask whether it was going to get windy or not. Soon, Snopy spoke up. They weren't too far from the hut, maybe about five minutes away. "Are you okay with training in the rain?" Elwyn asked, surprised at his want to continue. It was impressive.

"My sister and I are used to the change in weather and fighting within the elements, but once the rain comes down the ground will become soft with mud. Each step will become much harder and you've pushed yourself a lot today. Besides that, will your shoes slip on the wet grass? If so, training is extremely dangerous. Keep these things in mind and tell me whether you're ready for it when we get back to my sister... And before you ask, no, this is not a test. If you wish to continue, we can and will, but I'd rather you not break an ankle because the grass was to slippery for you to walk on." And with that, the two walked through a couple of trees and into the clearing where the hut was. Nilani was standing right next to the door, looking up at the sky until she noticed the two of them.

"How was it?" Nilani asked and Elwyn merely nodded, causing Nilani's eyes to widen and look at Snopy in surprise, "Well then... Congratulations. It seems you've impressed my sister. That is no easy feat, Snopy." The look of surprise dropped down to a sweet smile with a tint of pink on her cheeks.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:08 pm

The walk was fairly silent, or at least it was until Snopy asked if they were done.  He was exhausted and his mind was, as usual, a little elsewhere, so he didn't quite notice her surprise had she shown any sign of it.  She began to explain what would happen once it began to rain.  The rain turns dirt into mud, and mud into SALTY super mud.  Yeah, she was right.  He'd pushed himself a lot already, and it'd be a lot harder to get anywhere at this point.  His shoes, he didn't think, would slip on the mud any more than his own feet would.  Still, the question would have to remain if HE'D slip and fall in the mud.  He nodded in response, to say that he understood what she was saying.  He didn't want a broken ankle, that was for sure.  They returned to the hut, with Nilani by the door.  A small creature immediately scurried past the elf's foot.  "Hey Ahri."  The felli, rather excited it seemed, began running circles around Snopy before jumping into his arms.  His legs wobbled a bit, despite how light Ahri was, the exercise had left him a little weak in the legs.  He hugged Ahri, even in his weariness of mind, and now body, he was happy to see her.  He didn't smile though, his mind was elsewhere.  At least it was until Nilani brought him back to reality by speaking up.  When she asked how it was, he was expecting the question to be more of a formality type "welcome back" statement.

Snopy looked towards Nilani, blinking a few times at her look of surprise.  Next thing he knew, he was being congratulated by her.  Congratulations?  Why would he need to be congratulated?  He didn't think he did that much.  Wait, he impressed Elwyn?    She was impressed?  She didn't seem very impressed.  She was being sorta quiet.  Snopy seemed to stare into space.  The DIRECTION of his eyes was towards Nilani, but he wasn't exactly looking at her.  Rather his mind was racing.  He felt...strange.  He looked to Nilani, seeing the smile form on her face, and even the slight tint of her cheeks.  What was this feeling welling up inside of him?  It seemed familiar, but he couldn't place his finger on it.  "I...impressed her?"  He asked, not really directed at anyone.  He was in a state of shock.  For once, red flags weren't shooting up.  Rather, there was something off within him, but this time it wasn't a distrust for others bugging him.  He looked towards Elwyn, should she make eye contact, for once he would not break away immediately.  Normally this is something Snopy would never do, subconsciously he knew someone might be able to look within and see he was in pain deep down.  Ahri made a little "eeh" sound as his grip on her tightened, but not so much that it'd hurt her.  Snopy looked back to Nilani, and seeing her smile he couldn't stop one of his own from forming on his face.  He seemed to be a little less tense.

It was definitely a sight.  Snopy standing there, holding Ahri with a genuine smile on his face.  He didn't know what to say.  There was really only one thing he could say.  "Thank you."  He looked back out out to the woods.  The rain would begin falling soon.  "I...want to take a break...then keep going."  Ahri's ears perked up, and not in a good way.  The look on her face was uneasy.  Quite frankly it was not a good idea for Snopy to keep going today, and his pet seemed to know this better than he did at this moment.  Maybe the genuine praise he had seemed to have gotten had him not thinking clearly.  Either way, if no one else stopped him, he would be running the risk of seriously hurting himself.  "Let's go sit in the hut for a bit."  As he carried Ahri, he was definitely not 100% stable.  He seemed to be heavily fatigued.  He walked into the hut, likely past Elwyn and Nilani unless they had decided to go in when he offered to go inside and sit, and found a chair and sat down in it.  "Thank you for...helping me."  Snopy was definitely not used to speaking like this, it seemed a tad awkward, but he was trying his hardest.  "I really...appreciate it.  I'll work hard...so I don't let you down."  He paused every so often due to his lack of experience with the subject, and it'd be surprising if those two didn't see just how hard it seemed to be to say what he wanted to say.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Humans, Elves, and Training [Closed] ElwynNilani_zps76d89bc4

"Hey... Hey... HEY!" Nilani knocked on Snopy's head lightly, puffing out her cheeks slightly. She didn't like being stared at, especially when it felt like the person staring was looking through her, not at her. When he finally came out of his trance, he looked down to Nilani and repeated what she had said. "Yes... You did." her tone calmed to it's normal lightness and a soft smile was pushed up. A moment later, he smiled right back at her. Nilani's eyes widened momentarily and then her smile dropped. She looked away from him, a tint of pink appearing on her cheeks. There was something about his smile that made her blush and she didn't know what it was, but she couldn't keep eye contact.

"Keep going? No... You should rest." Nilani looked at him as if he had gone absolutely nuts. The moment he continued training himself, Elwyn would be right there next ot him. Nilani placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a concerned expression. "Please, Snopy... You're just starting out. With my sister as your trainer, take advantage of every single break that she gives you..." Nilani was being very serious, her usual airy tone even sounding a lot less, "Once things get really going for you, those breaks will come less and less. You can get hurt, or worse than that..." She didn't want to tell him that he could die, but it was true. She just left it implied and removed her hand.

As the two stepped into the hut, Nilani went in last. Before she went all the way in, she stopped and looked back and then toward the sky. The rain was going to get a bit worse through out the night. It was safer to stay inside. By the time she stepped inside, she heard Snopy thanking Elwyn. When he said something about letting Elwyn down, Nilani giggled a little. Elwyn raised an eyebrow at Nilani, causing her to go quiet again. Elwyn then looked to Snopy and shook her head. "Snopy, if you fail in your training by hurting yourself, giving up, or anything like that..." she said in a straight-forward tone, "You will let yourself down and failing at your own goal... You won't be letting me down."

"What she means is..." Nilani quickly stepped in to soften the blow, placing a hand on his shoulder again, "As long as you keep trying, you'll do fine and we won't give up on you... But you need to be careful and go at a steady pace, because if you fail in some way... You'll disappoint yourself more than us. This training is for you, your protection, and so you can use it to protect the people you care for... You won't let us, who can defend ourselves, down... It will be the people you're learning all of this for."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:04 am

Snopy's daze was semi-canceled out by Nilani knocking on his head and puffing out her cheeks a bit.  He might have thought it cuter, but he was still partially dazed.  When he repeated what she said, she only confirmed it.  When Snopy smiled back at her though, for some reason she broke eye contact and looked away.  He blinked a bit, not quite sure why.  Normally he wouldn't think much of it, yet his mental guard was lowered temporarily.  He was thinking about these things more...than he usually would.  Of course, when he suggested they keep going, Nilani told him to rest as if he was a lunatic.  She put her hands on his shoulders and told him to take advantage of the breaks he was given.  They all went inside, Nilani going last, the conversation continued.  Of course Elwyn doesn't pull her punches, and flat out stated to Snopy she wouldn't be let down if he failed somehow.  Snopy let out a sigh.  "No, I suppose it wouldn't."  It was to be expected, they didn't know him much so they wouldn't care much.  He looked off to the side, listening to the rain for a moment.

Nilani, however, quickly jumped in.  She began telling him about how they wouldn't give up on him.  It was a very nice speech that lightened Snopy's mood a bit, though something that she said struck him as a little funny.  He looked at her with a small grin on his face.  "Pretty hard to let down a Felli though."  He laughed a little at that, even though it was true.  The only thing he really had was Ahri.  Ahri was still alert, mostly out of worry for him, so despite his rather light attitude about the whole thing, her ears drooped and just made a sad little sound.  "Eh?  Don't worry girl, I'm fine."  Snopy was putting on as strong a face as he could about the whole situation.  "Back on subject, I suppose you are right.  No point in learning to protect myself if it gets me killed.  Kinda counter-intuitive."  Snopy began to look off again, as if contemplating.  It'd be rather unfortunate to injure himself training.  However, misfortune tends to favor him, so it'd be better not to take that chance.

"Guess tonight will be a peaceful night."  Outside a clap of thunder could be heard, incredibly close and sounding like a bomb had just gone off in their ears.  The rain was actually beginning to come down pretty hard, causing the metaphorical anime sweat drop to fall down his face.  "Well, as peaceful as such a violent storm can be anyway."  That's when he heard what sounded like a woman's voice outside.  He had been sitting a few minutes now, and his balance had been mostly restored.  "Hmm."  He stood up and walked towards the door, but just as he had the door flew open.  Standing there was a grown woman, approximately 5'4, with short brown hair.  She was dressed like a typical housewife might look.  "P-please!  You have to help me!"  The woman was hysterical.  "He went missing and if I don't find him, if something happens, if he doesn't..."  The woman was going on and on.  Somehow he needed to get her to calm down and explain the situation.  "Slow down, who's missing?"  He spoke loudly enough to get the woman's attention, but he spoke calmly.  "Wh...huh?  Oh, my son!  My little boy went out to play and I can't find him anywhere!  And the storm...if he's out in this storm..."  The woman began another tangent.  "Calm the hell down!"  He shouted to get the woman's attention.  "Panicking will solve absolutely nothing.  I understand it's your son, but standing here freaking out changes nothing.  We need to keep calm and search."

Snopy turned back to Elwyn and Nilani.  They might have been a little shocked.  His demeanor completely changed from anything they would have seen.  Normally he was a bit of a goof, but also a bit introverted, seemingly afraid of interacting with people.  Yet he was now completely calm, cool, collected, and quite rational.  In fact, even his tone shifted and he sounded like a leader.  "I'll require your help too, I'm exhausted from training.  I won't be able to cover much ground by myself, so we'll cover much more ground if we split up into groups and search.  It's too dangerous to go alone anyway with all this rain.  One of you comes with me, the other should go with her, I'll let you pick.  We meet back here, so once someone finds him they can bring him back here until the other group comes back."  Snopy turned back to the woman.  "Of course you don't have to.  I'll help her by myself if that's the case."  The woman looked to Snopy, a little startled, but with gratitude in her eyes none-the-less.  He nodded to her.  "Everything will be fine, we'll find him before anything happens."  His tone was very convincing, even calming.  From there, he waited.  Once they accepted and picked who they'd go with, or declined, they'd go off into the forest to see if they could find this missing child.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 pm

When the woman came, Elwyn was busy reading a book in what she used as her room. Nilani was sticking pretty close to Snopy, trying to get to know him better by randomly asking him questions and keeping up small conversations. Nothing too detailed or too personal was asked, but little things like "what's your favorite color" were questions she brought up. The door flew open, causing Nilani to jump up and Elwyn to instantly close her book. If anything similar to an attack had come, Elwyn would have killed her instantly. And it was raining; fighting Elwyn in the rain is probably the stupidest thing anyone could do. Anyways, the woman was in a panic about her son. Nilani stayed quiet hid behind Snopy, peeking around him as the woman and he went on about finding her son.

Elwyn slowly stepped out from the room as Snopy began asking for their help and just stared at the woman. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion, but then looked to Snopy. "If you're going to help her, then go." she said. Nilani's eyes widened, "You're not going to help?" Elwyn shook her head, "That's not it. I'll help, but I'll not be with you three. Nilani, help them out. No splitting up." That final sentence almost sounded like some sort of warning. Elwyn stepped back into the bedroom to get ready and Nilani looked toward Snopy. "Let's go." Nilani stepped out of the hut and looked to the woman, "Which way?" Once the woman pointed, Nilani would begin off in that direction. As they ran into the forest, Elwyn watched them from the hut and then went on in her own direction.

The rain began to fall harder, actually making it difficult to see. If the group got too far from each other, the thunder and sound of falling rain would even make it hard to hear each other. Nilani kept close to Snopy, sometimes holding his hand and pulling him along. "We haven't checked this area." she said as she pointed toward what looked like the edge of the forest. Nilani went in that direction, coming into a clearing of sorts. It was a decent sized area of just flat land with trees growing around it. "So where was the last time you saw your son?" Nilani asked, having to speak a little louder than she was used to because of the loud rain. Nilani stepped up, squinting her eyes to see better.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Snopy was being bombarded by questions by Nilani when the door had a knock.  "Red or purple I gu..."  That's when the door flew open.  Snopy raised an eyebrow at Elwyn's response.  She seemed suspicious that something was up. Well, the splitting up plan fell through.  With Elwyn trying to do her own thing, there was no safe way to split up.  He shrugged.  "Then we stick together I suppose, no use splitting up now.  One of us would be left alone and that'd be dangerous in this downpour."  Snopy wondered why Elwyn sounded like she was warning them.  This didn't seem like a trap, Snopy had enough sense to know when a woman was desperate in regards to her child, or at least he used to be.  He wondered briefly if his empathy had deteriorated over recent months.  He was 99% sure this woman was being honest, but in the storm having your guard up never hurt.  Nilani asked which way to go, and the woman pointed.  The three then went off into the storm.  Snopy stayed as close to the others as he could.  He was a little uncomfortable when Nilani grabbed his hands, but they were so focused on where they were going no one would likely notice Snopy's anxiousness.  "What are you doing way out here anyway."  The woman responded, telling them how they were moving to a new city, and the caravan they were with stopped for a bit.  "I told him to stay where I could see him, but he ran off."

Snopy pondered on it, he worked briefly on a caravan after all.  He didn't think there was any major route too close to here, but sometimes Caravans going from smaller towns did have to take strange routes before they reached a major route, as they were off the beaten path.  Snopy realized he had left his sword back where he initially started training with Elwyn, he hoped he wouldn't need it.  He could grab it later anyway.  Nilani pointed towards a clearing and suggested they go there.  Snopy followed closely behind, it was a pretty large flat area.  Not much cover, which could be bad.  Nilani thought it'd be a good idea to ask when the last time the woman saw her son was.  "He was playing by where we had set up camp, he ran off in this direction...somewhere in this direction."  She didn't seem to be sure EXACTLY what direction he might have gone in, but they were apparently looking in the right place, if the boy hadn't gone too far.  "I've got a weird feeling about this."  Snopy kept an eye on both Nilani and the woman.  He kept an eye mostly to make sure nothing happened to them, but half of it was his observing the woman.  There was no denying it, his empathy has deteriorated.  There shouldn't be a question, when someone is talking about something as serious as losing their child he should be able to tell.  Now if she was looking for her child he'd feel like an ass for doubting her, and if she was lying he'd feel like an idiot for not knowing for sure.  "Lets be careful, it's raining pretty hard.  With vision this bad...we don't know who or what could be around."  He moved towards Nilani and stayed near her, just in case.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 pm

"...With vision this bad...we don't know who or what could be around."

That was they key. Someone who didn't want to be found would move perfectly in this storm. Not only did the rain prevent them from being seen, but the sounds of water hitting the ground and thunder booming above their heads made it almost impossible to hear them too. And what did Nilani's elf ear's hear? Nothing. What did her elf eyes see? Nothing. She couldn't make out anything in this clearing. Suddenly, the earth beneath them began to tremor. Nilani looked down right as a metal hand attached to a thick chain coiled around her body and grabbed tightly onto her neck. A moment later, the rest of the chain revealed itself by emerging from the ground and giving away the position of six men. "Wh-Who are you?" Nilani asked, struggling to talk through the hold on her throat.

With a strong smirk and eyes filled with a desire that Nilani wasn't able to pick up, the man holding her began retracting the chain into a strange Arcane Item that he was in possession of. Nilani's body was dragged very quickly along the ground until she was practically snapped over to the men's side. "My son! I did what you ask, now give me back my son!" the mother screamed in desperation. "Yeah, yeah... stupid woman. We're not interested in collectin' boys in the first place. Hahaha. Give the broad her son back." the man said as he grabbed part of the chain that was restraining Nilani. Another one of the men brought out a small boy and threw him harshly toward his mother. The woman caught him and untied the boy, looking to Snopy, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry!" and ran off.

"Hahahaha." The men laughed without a care in the world. The leader picked Nilani up as if she were some sort of suitcase and began carrying her off, "Now this one will do. Nice... young... and look at those breas-... What the hell?" The man grabbed onto Nilani's hair and roughly pulled her head back, "The bitch is an elf?! Who the hell wants to fuck an elf?" Nilani's eyes widened and she tried struggling against the chain, but it seemed to naturally coil tighter around her. "Some guys do like that freaky shit, boss." one of the other men spoke up. "And what about that one?" one of them pointed toward Snopy. "Eh? I don't care, just kill him." the leader said, beginning to drag Nilani away. It was around this time that the rain began to finally let up, making it a bit easier to see.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:16 pm

It's no wonder Snopy couldn't get a proper read on the woman.  She was both lying and telling the truth at the same time.  A chain began to wrap itself around Nilani, and Snopy who had kept himself semi close to her could see this quickly.  "Nilani!"  Six men appeared on the scene, and when Nilani asked who they were a very unsettling look appeared in their eyes.  Snopy wasn't naive, and when the look in his eye combined with the fact that a young woman was wrapped in the chain, he knew at least vaguely what they wanted.  He had no way to no specifics though, because he wasn't sick in the head.  As Nilani was quickly dragged, Snopy shot a glare back to the woman.  He knew the truth.  "You knew this was going to happen."  The woman begged for her son back, and the thugs gave a small boy back to her.  She wasn't lying about her son, and part of him couldn't blame her for her choice of priorities.  Rationally speaking, a mother will always put their child first.  Part of him though knew that had she explained to them the situation that this disaster could have been both avoided and the child saved.  Snopy clenched his fist tightly as one of the men picked up Nilani.  "Hey!  Let go off her!"  Snopy shouted, getting unusually angry.  The bandits just looked at him and laughed before going on to talk about her like a piece of meat.

Snopy was getting annoyed, but he had to calm himself.  He had no hope of saving her with some sort of combat prowess, so he only had his wit to back him up.  Hearing them realize she was an elf and show such obvious disgust, he actually got even more pissed, making his job even harder.  Nilani's in danger, Snopy had to choose his words carefully.  "WAIT, think about the ramifications to you...er, business, if you take an elf."  Snopy began to speak.  "The hell are you blabbing about."  The leader retorted.  "Well...she's an elf.  You say people some people like shit like that...but what about the rest of your client base?"  He turned and moved his hands as he paced, using them to express himself as he spoke.  "Human's are...irrationally afraid of elves, if word somehow got out that you were trafficking them, would they not want nothing to do with you?  After all, you came in contact with them, as far as they're concerned...it's contagious, is it not?"  Snopy stopped pacing and turned to the man in that moment.  The man just began to laugh.  "You think MY clients care?  All they care about is having something to fuck, if they stop doing business with us...they don't get that."  Snopy was now unbelievably angry.  That was it, his mind raced for more arguments but these were the lowest of the low.  Reasonable arguments couldn't REACH them.  Of course he had one last idea.  "I'll...pay you for her."  He began to reach into his pocket to find as much money as he could, but it was only a few silver, counted out there were 12 of them and another 5 copper.

This caused the men to merely laugh.  "Going rate's higher.  Besides, why shouldn't we just kill you and take that money for ourselves?"  Welp, that didn't work.  "Just let her go!"  This time the calmness he had forced into his demeanor was gone, and he shouted in anger.  They began to laugh.  "Please, just let her go!"  The lead bandit began to laugh even louder, beginning to mix his own sick sense of humor into the conversation.  "I bet there are some freaky couples out there.  Maybe we should take you too, and sell you as a set!  The elf and her lover, some freaks might pay good money for that. Hahaha!"  Snopy was so pissed off and worried his brain didn't even process the latter part of what he just said.  All he knew was they were both royally screwed, in more ways than one.  One of the men moved towards Snopy with intent no one could be sure of.  He didn't know if the leader really was joking or not.  Nilani being in danger had already set off his adrenaline, and his fight or flight response had been triggered.  He was so angry his clenched fist began to drip blood.  His refusal to just abandon Nilani, despite it being the "smarter" thing to do prevented the flight response, so all he could do was.  Crack.  Snopy wasn't strong, but adrenaline can do some crazy things.  It wasn't a very well thrown punch form-wise, but the adrenaline backing it up actually caused it to send the guy to the ground.  "Drop the girl, now!"  Snopy shouted.  For a moment something about Snopy seemed different, like there was more than adrenaline surging through his body.  Still, this is where it'd fall apart.  It was still 5 against one, and after a minute or two the one he dropped would likely get back up.  Without form, he probably wouldn't be landing many adrenaline augmented punches.  As another went to come at him, he threw another punch into the man's gut, before the man essentially back handed him, and the other thugs circled around and grabbed him from behind.  He struggled a bit, but it was no use. It was a miracle that he even successfully threw a punch with how tired he was, even the adrenaline couldn't change the fact his body had already been pushed to it's limit. His struggle was particularly pathetic, the exhaustion making him barely even able to squirm as they gripped him.  They were ACTUALLY strong.  "Someone like you, maybe we should sell you to some freak couple.  I think I know of a taker or two."  Snopy glared, but then looked over to Nilani and his demeanor changed.  It softened into sadness.  The anger was still visible, but when he looked directly at her all he could think about was how he could do nothing for her...like every other time.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:15 pm

He was trying and that's what mattered. Nilani watched the exhausted Snopy attempt to help her. He fought as hard as he could against these thugs, but with his previous training session, there was no way that he would be able to fight them all. One or two, maybe. Nilani was being dragged off and Snopy was being restrained. The two looked toward each other and Nilani noted the look of sadness. She looked away from him, embarrassed by her own failure here. She should have sensed them coming or paid more attention to their surroundings. And then Nilani noticed something else. The rain was slowing down and it was becoming easier to see. As her body was dragged along the wet grass and through some mud, she looked to the sky and her eyes widened in shock.

"We're gonna be okay." she said clearly, causing all of the men to look toward her and laugh. "Oh really? And how do you think that'll happen?" the boss asked, smirking at her. Nilani shifted her eyes toward him and smirked cockily at him. "The rain's stopping." she said. The boss raised an eyebrow, looked around, and was about to comment over how that even mattered, but then every single drop of water suddenly froze in mid-air. "What? What is this?!" he yelled, unaware of the thick massing of water that was forming behind him. One of the floating drops of water turned into a spike and shot into his hand. The man screamed and dropped Nilani. Before getting another chance to react, the mass of forming water shot toward him like a high-powered hose and sent him flying.

"Agh!" Nilani fell toward the ground and struggled against the chains for a bit. At this time, Elwyn came darting out of the woods ready for a fight. She slammed her right foot on the ground in front of her, sending thousands of drops of water into the air. Pushing an open palm toward the men who held Snopy, the water shot toward them in a similar fashion that it had her boss. The men were knocked away, though their tight grips on Snopy likely sent him flying a bit as well. If this did happen, Elwyn would have used water to catch him and ease his fall. It was then that the chains let Nilani go and she sort of "floated" up, using her element of air, to stand next to her sister. "I'm sorry, Elwyn..." Nilani looked to the floor embarrassed and disappointed in herself, "I'm so sorry."

Elwyn said nothing and darted forward toward the men who were currently recovering. She stopped her running and slid along the ground, waving both of her arms forward toward them. The water above them had been collecting from the falling rain, the water already floating, and the water along the ground all blasted forward in massive waves, surrounding the men in a roaring current. Seeing this caused Nilani's eyes to widen; Elwyn never showed this much power unless she was extremely angry. And even when you looked on Elwyn's face, the woman seemed completely calm, collected, and in control. No one could ever guess that she was actually beyond pissed off over what had just occured. And when the water surrounded them, Elwyn closed her fist and froze it over.

Everything seemed to calm down. The sounds of falling water slipped away and a bit of sun peeked through the darkened clouds, though it really was closer to sunset. For that moment, everything was quite tranquil. Elwyn looked in the direction the woman had run off with her son, toward Snopy, to Nilani, and then back toward the sphere of ice that held the men. Taking a deep breath, Elwyn sighed. A moment later, she practically appeared next to the iced sphere and slammed her fist into it. Like a crack of heavy thunder, Elwyn's fist slammed into the ice. It cracked, cracked again, and then shattered, the glittering particles of ice scattering in every direction. The men were no where to be found: dead. Elwyn looked back toward Nilani and stepped up toward her younger sister.

Nilani looked away and then to the floor, still disappointed  in herself. She figured it was time to get a massive lecture, but that never happened. Instead, Elwyn pulled Nilani into a tight hug and held onto her. Nilani's eyes widened; her sister was actually shaking. "Elwyn..." Nilani was unable to get up the courage to say much else. "Don't ever... apologize... for wanting to help someone in need..." Elwyn looked down to Nilani and pat the girl's head, "You did nothing wrong. I could have previously warned, but chose not to, so I could get to the bottom of it. Nilani... You did absolutely nothing wrong." Nilani tightened her eyes and wrapped her arms around Elwyn, beginning to cry. Elwyn just smiled and held onto Nilani, looking back to Snopy. The look on her face was judgmental.

"My sisters, my village, and my friends... are the reason I trained as hard as I did... They are the reason I learned to fight." Elwyn said to him with an authoritative tone, "You, Snopy, are a good man and I will train you until you will easily be able to handle people like them. Even with your current lack of fighting skill and how tired you are, you stayed and fought for my sister... For that, you have my respect. And for that, I will help you with whatever quest you actually do have. People do not wish to learn to fight if they've never had a reason to do so; I know there is something you're not ready to tell us. I will not pry, but once you are ready, know you have my aid for completing it..." Taking a deep breath, Elwyn looked down to Nilani and smiled softly, "Let's go back to the cabin..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am