Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Awakened [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Awakened [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Awakened [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Awakened [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Awakened [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Awakened [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Awakened [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Awakened [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Awakened [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Awakened [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Awakened [Closed] Empty Awakened [Closed]

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:57 am

Awakened [Closed] Header%202_zpsg7zlejpn

She didn't realize it, but...

Thirty three years and finally the stone that hid her presence moved. The heavy scraping of stone reverberated through her body as the coffin was magically opened. Her eyes fluttered open. She could barely see anything, but the few beams of light that shined through the ceiling made it easier to see. She maneuvered through to the door and forced it open. She winced as the sun hit her eyes, but in that moment her attention was pulled north. Like something was drawing her in, Ashal began her journey with a burst of speed. She ran through valleys, hills, mountains, and forests. This sixth sense of hers continued pulling her along, guiding her toward the weapon she had been bound to. A few days of travel kept her busy. She ran into a few obstacles, but none that she could not handle. She passed through the city of Iserlohn; things had changed since her last visit.

Finally, she was close enough to her destination. The one she sought was on a dirt path in the mountains east of Fennmont. When she first saw him, she was kind of surprised. There was something about him that prodded at the back of her mind. It was then that Ashal decided she wasn't going to introduce herself just yet. She'd watch him and keep silent. She'd get her first opinion of him by figuring out what he was like when no one was watching. To do this, she kept to the shadows or higher ground, usually keeping a pretty good distance between the two of them. When he slept, she did too. Now she was just waiting for the right moment to come forward and speak with him for the first time.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

Awakened [Closed] Empty Re: Awakened [Closed]

Post by Dai Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:55 am

A long breath slowly escaped his lips as he crouched on the bough of a tree, watching the forest with a careful gaze. His meal was somewhere in these woods, and he had been stalking it for no small amount of time--it had been several hours at least. He had tracked its movements with a measured gaze, attempting to follow its tracks with care. He had chosen this specific beast due to its age; it was too old to father any more beasts, and was simply grazing away the last of its life. He was aware that the meat would be difficult to chew, but he could tenderize it and salt it--preserving it was little issue. The skin could be used to patch any holes in his bags and shelters, and those majestic antlers would fetch a pretty price at the nearest town. The bones, of course, would be buried away from his camp to ward off predators. The beast had lived a long life, but tonight would like be its last. Adrian produced a light shortbow from his back and checked the string. He was not a particularly good archer, however he did not need to be one in this situation. No, he simply had to be adequate enough to get the mark.

The beast finally came into view, and Adrian stepped through the trees and nocked an arrow, staring quietly down the shaft at the creature. Time seemed to slow as he aimed for its heart, wishing to end it in one shot. He took in a light breath before loosing it, the shaft streaking through the trees and meeting its target. The creature bellowed, stepped forward in confusion and then fell to the ground. Its heart had stopped quickly, and it had died painlessly. Dropping down from his position and moving his hand to the knife on his thigh, Adrian hurried over to the creature and began the gruesome job of skinning it. He made certain to treat the creature's body with respect as he did so, having learned that every piece was important. He hung it up to drain it of the majority of his blood, and decided to set up camp for the night.

He began with setting up his shelter. It was a particularly simplistic shelter that he'd been carrying with him. Didn't really take long. He went back to his beast and started to cut it up into pieces, and prepared the preservation techniques, leaving some of it aside to prepare for a hot meal. He left extra aside, in case he was hungry--or in case he had company. You never know what might happen. The skins would be laid out to be dried out, and then he would take another thirty minutes to bury the bones in several locations nearby, but not too close to the camp. By the time he was back at his shelter, the light was starting to get low--so he would light up a fire, place his swords next to it and produce a pot, filling it with water from his waterskin, setting it to the boil. Chunks of meat were put in, with salt and some flavoring. The stew was set a-simmer, so Adrian placed his back against a tree and yawned. Today, for some reason, seemed like it was going to be interesting--especially now that he had finally left home.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:24 pm

When someone is alone, they are boring. This is what Ashal had come to decide as she watched over this young man. She expected more than hunting, but that's not what happened. She followed on him while barefoot and keeping to the trees. This world was so different than her own, but fun to move through. He took down his prey easily and took his time to care for the beasts body. Honorable. Finally the day of following him was coming to an end. Once he began setting up his shelter, she relaxed and sat in a tree about one hundred feet from his location and fifty feet above it. She was quiet and still. She kept watching as he prepared his meal. It was at that moment that she was reminded of her own need to eat. She didn't eat anywhere near as often as humans did, but it had been years since her last meal. It would probably be best to get some of her own food.

Ashal leaped from the thick branch of the tree she was standing in. She practically glided through the air, landing on another branch that gave her a direct line to the side of his shelter. With a burst of speed, her body shot forward and came to land ten feet from his location. The wind that followed her blew quite a bit. If one weren't very aware, they'd probably think it was just a sudden gust, but for someone more alert, they'd know that someone had just arrived. If he did not noticed, she'd speak up to get his attention. Once she had it, she'd stare intensely at him and draw her weapon. "Stand... and we will fight." she spoke in a calm tone, her voice seeming to vibrate the very air the sound traveled through. She'd give him a moment to stand and then attack whether he stood or not. Her first strike came with a downward swing toward his shoulder, but she did hold back.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:51 pm

They had believed themselves to be stealthy. Frankly, he would have thought nothing of the gust of wind if they had not managed to snap a few branches with it. The direction, having changed so immediately, was wrong. The wind had been blowing one way, and then another, and then the same way once more. It did not take long for him to get to his feet and quietly stare at the stranger, who had her weapon drawn. "Stand... and we will fight." The relaxed atmosphere of his small camping zone was quickly removed as he watched them. He did not recognize them, so they did not seem like an opponent. When she spoke, he did not reply. His weapons were on the ground, and he didn't seem to move to pick them up with any real haste. He had a few things on his mind--first and foremost was the identity of this sudden assailant. He would have thought about the next few things had she not immediately moved to press the assault on the still-unarmed Adrian. Her first swing came down at his shoulder, and the man moved to the side in order to avoid it. He dropped into a roll past his weapons and picked up the black blade, gripping it tightly and flicking it down by his side. It would not be fair to fight with two blades, and unless this weapon showed signs of enchantment he would only use his unenchanted sword.

Taking a moment to step up at her, Adrian ducked down slightly and sliced at her side--while she may not have been using her strength, Adrian was. He was unaware of the nature of this fight, and would be mostly fighting to survive--if she was stronger than he, it was likely that he'd take further precautions. No matter the outcome the attack he would turn his body and attack her other side in a full swing.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:11 am

Ashal was not aiming to kill this man, but he could not tell that. Her stoic demeanor and skill with a blade probably made him feel like she was just here to destroy him. So as she went for her first strike, the blade came down accurately, but she knew it would not kill him if he could not dodge. He did. He moved out from the range of her blade and into a roll that allowed him in reach of his weapon. There was a brief moment of hesitation that Ashal gave. If she had attacked immediately, she could have shifted her direction as he came to the end of his roll and struck him then. Instead, she watched him, her gaze looking over her shoulder and waited until he was back to his feet and blade ready. She turned to face him once he was ready. She watched his feet shift and prepared for a counter as he moved to swing at her. His blade came around in a swing at her side, so she shifted her weight in the opposite direction and brought her blade between herself and his sword, stopping it in it's path. Shifting her weight again, she pressed against his blade to push it back while kicking her loose foot up toward his chest. There wasn't much strength behind the blow, but the speed of her strike was still something.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:51 am

He had realized that she hadn't gone to attack him when his back was opened up, instead watching him take up his blade. That immediately caused him to question her motives, though he was not going to outright speak of those worries yet. Instead he would continue to press his assault, making his attack at her side--she very quickly broke his hit with her own block, causing him to stagger back slightly. He narrowed his eyes as he moved to attack again, but yelped as she pushed his weapon back and crushed his momentum. Another movement from her, and a foot was struck at his chest. It moved quickly, not giving him the chance to react. His free hand struck out as he attempted to catch it in mid-air. He felt his fingers tighten around her boot, but was too slow to catch her completely. The motion pushed him back and caused him to fall, letting go of her leg. He stumbled back and felt his body press up against a tree behind him. Realizing his location, he grinned and put his foot against it, launching himself at her with almost reckless abandon. He swung at her once, before continuing to press his attack.

"So why are you holding back? You seemed so ready to attack me, and you've missed opportunities to kill me. Something seems off!" He was confused. He wanted to dispel this confusion.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:03 am

Each of Asah's movements were fluid, moving from on into the next with ease, but there was no intent to kill behind any of them. Her foot was able to strike him, though she was impressed by his quick reflexes to at least almost catch it, especially since he had  just been knocked off balance. His body went back into a tree and he used this to launch himself. His moves were open, obvious, and reckless. She narrowed her eyes as he came for her and then side-stepped a very obvious swing. She turned to him again as he landed and stared. "He figured it out... Not an idiot, good." she thought before he spoke. She raised an eyebrow at his words and pointed the tip of her blade toward him. "I did not say I would kill you. I said we would fight." she explained, staring him down in silence for a few more moments. There was a moment she contemplated asking him about a certain weapon he carried, but chose to do otherwise. "Now, tell me..." she spoke up again, ready to fight again at any moment, "What is your name?" She stepped closer, but there was no hostility. Instead, her sword lowered a bit.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:16 am

"I did not say I would kill you. I said we would fight." He raised an eyebrow. She made a good point. He didn't make an effort to lower his weapon just yet, unsure of her motivations. She stared in silence, and Adrian felt himself stepping into a more defensive posture, entire body ready to jump to reply if she decided to make an attack at him. She stared for a short while longer before opening her mouth and speaking again. "Now, tell me..." He raised an eyebrow and blinked, biting his bottom lip to keep himself focused, "What is your name?" She stepped towards him, Adrian raising his blade upwards in preparation. Her blade, however, lowered. Was she getting him to lower his guard? He frowned and lowered his weapon downwards, not letting go or relaxing, but allowing himself to stand a bit more open against her. She had attacked him, and was now asking his name? That confused him. "I'm Adrian. Adrian Sturmschwert." No point in lying to this one. "So what is your purpose in attacking me?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:41 am

He lowered his guard. "Interesting." she narrowed her eyes a little. Was this a sign of trust or stupidity. He was able  to tell that her intentions were not to kill, so maybe that was comforting him? Either way, Asah' look a step away from him, lowered her weapon, and sheathed it. The moment it was sheathed, it vanished from her side. "Adrian, is it? I am Asahl'Idakemelia." she bowed slightly, though her eyes never left his. Her stare was intense and the sound of her name was likely a hell of a lot more than strange to him. The only reason it wouldn't be is if he had met one of her kind before, or was told her name. "My reasons for attacking you stay with me for the time being." she said and looked him up and down to examine him. For a moment, her eyes seemed to daze out as if she was concentrating. Her appearance began to alter. Her pointed ears shortened to look human. Her outfit changed into one that almost mimicked his, but the color chosen was white with trimmings of red. "Now that we have introduced ourselves and I can blend in, I will begin traveling with you and it will be that way for some time." she looked over to his shelter and the food, "I would like some food, if you have enough. If not, I can go find my own. Either way, I will aid you in hunts from now on."

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:53 am

She sheathed her weapon, which was enough for Adrian to return in kind, sheathing the blade in one of the two scabbards on his back. He narrowed his eyes at her and stepped forward slightly, showing a more relaxed posture. He would be able to pick up his enchanted sword in a quick motion if she tried anything stupid. "Adrian, is it? I am Asahl'Idakemelia." Huh? He tilted his head to the side slightly, "Asa.. uh... Hm. I'll need to practice that." He sighed softly and watched her cautiously--and her appearance began to change. The elf-like ears shortened, and she seemed to take on a far more human appearance when she did. Strange, but interesting. Shaking his head, Adrian simply watched while this occurred. No need to interrupt. "Now that we have introduced ourselves and I can blend in, I will begin traveling with you and it will be that way for some time. I would like some food, if you have enough. If not, I can go find my own. Either way, I will aid you in hunts from now on." He blinked.

"Are you... out of your mind? You attack me out of the blue and then tell me that you're accompanying me?!" He sighed softly and turned away, "You must be insane, lady. You can stay tonight," he motioned upwards to the fast-fading light, "since it's getting late, but tomorrow you're either going to explain your damn motivations, or leave." A look in her eyes told him that this wasn't going to be as easy as that, but whatever. He picked up the Vertreiben from the ground and sheathed it as well, before motioning to the pot, "Luckily, you didn't make me kick any dust into it. So if you'd like to eat, help yourself--I made enough for two anyway. Call it an old habit."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:04 am

Yeah, she raised her eyebrow at him. She wasn't giving him any kind of information that would compromise her contract. She had to find out if he's worthy, but if he knew that he'd act differently. She couldn't have that. She bowed slightly and took a seat near the food. "Thank you, Adrian." she said. Ashal took her share and ate quietly. The feeling of food in her stomach was a welcome one. Once she finished, she sat off to the side and watched the forest. "I will be on guard all night. You can rest easily." she said in truth, but figured he would not trust her. She kept her eyes on the forest, almost like a robot on constant watch. The sun went down and hours later it rose again to light the sky. The night was uneventful and Ashal had not moved from her spot until it was time for her companion to wake. Once it was bright enough, she stood and moved over to him to see if he was awake. If he wasn't, she'd set a hand on his shoulder and gently shake him awake. "It is time to wake up and move. Where is it we are headed? I will follow your lead." She stood back to give him his space and waited.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:53 am

She had offered to guard overnight, which was something that Adrian accepted. Retreating beneath his shelter, he closed his eyes and prepared to allow sleep to take him over--however, he would not let it come entirely. His mind would remain somewhat active, prepared for any attempt to attack him. He was still unsure of this woman. However, nothing happened overnight--and he slowly opened his eyes to feel her hand on his shoulder. He started and looked at her carefully, watching her face. "It is time to wake up and move. Where is it we are headed? I will follow your lead." He shook his head and got to his feet, demolishing the shelter and packing it up before putting it away. "Not moving yet. Have to be ready for anything." He'd nod and start packing away the salted meats, moved to the skins and then properly cleaned up their camp. If she offered to take up any of his burden, he would refuse her. Once they were completely packed and ready, he'd sling the pack over his shoulder and point in a direction, "I was told to go in this direction, so I am following that path. I have a quest I need to complete."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am