Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Obvious and Oblivious [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] Empty Obvious and Oblivious [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] Header10

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Travel pack packed. Dried fruit dried. Jerky jerked. Masamune nodded approvingly as he gazed into the potato sack he used to carry around his stuff. People never thought to look in potato sacks for valuables—unless they're potato thieves. That was Masamune's explanation as to why he didn't use a backpack or a magic everholding sack. There was also the time that he got stuck in one of the latter and nearly died, but that's not today's story. Today's story is the story of a sneaky young man leaving in the middle of the night. You might think that he had just had a one-night stand he didn't want. Masamune was still pure in some ways, funnily enough. So that wasn't it. So why was Masamune Fujiwara sneaking out right before dawn? For the same reason those men snuck out—to get away from a woman.

Masamune had seen Nadia accept a particularly tough mission—something about wyverns, dragons, or oversized bats according to the pictures. He was always glad when they put pictures. Being able to read and write was a luxury the former street rat did not have. Masamune had swiped the document, and he was going to do this last mission. Then they could do missions together. He hated putting Nadia in danger, and this was definitely dangerous. Thus, this mission was too tough for her! She couldn't do it, so Masamune himself had to. That was his stupid logic.

Masamune crept quietly through the Noir's barracks, tiptoeing and avoiding the creaky stair on the second floor. He was just about out of the entire complex when he heard something... He spun around and went pale-faced. Masamune heard what he feared he'd hear. There was a pitter-patter of light footsteps followed by an echoing yell of his name from a voice as sweet and pure as a lily. "I was so close..." Masamune wanted to cry.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] Empty Re: Obvious and Oblivious [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:36 pm

Obvious and Oblivious [Closed] Nadia-Angelina_zpsc4caf430

Nadia had been looking for that piece of paper for a long time now. It was gone! And she knew who took it. He was going to try and sneak out again, wasn't he? That's not fair! That's not fair at all! She was supposed to be his partner now, so why does he get to go by himself?! She waited. One thing Nadia was pretty good at was waiting! She always waited, especially for him. She waited for him to wake up when he slept too long. She waited for him to get done in the shower when he took too long. And she waited for him to get done with her missions! It was her turn to go on her own mission, no matter how dangerous it was. This is what Luxanna said and what Luxanna says goes.

Nadia sat awake in her room waiting to see Masamuna sneak out. The moment she did, she began running and running and running. All of her stuff was already packed up and it was time to go! Masamune says so because he was the one leaving first. "MAAASSSAAA!" she shouted, forgetting that the other members of the Noir were asleep. "You can't go without me anymore. If you did, I'd have to tell Luxanna and you'll be in trouble!" Nadia pointed at him and poked his nose, puffing out her cheeks in a pout. She calmed down and tilted her head to the side. "Why do you always do that? I should be able to go with you sometimes..." Nadia said sadly, "I'm always being alone when I go places..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:17 am

Masamune was hoping that Luxanna wouldn't wake up and scold him. That was his second biggest fear. The first was Nadia getting hurt. He couldn't bear the sight—no, the mere thought of something happening to Nadia. She had already been hurt after disappearing, and they had to go through Zakat to get her back. Maybe Luxanna was "distracted" with her new lady friend. Masamune was cheering for this new Tsubine girl. Lux needed to get out that sexual frustration she obviously had built up.

Masamune blinked at Nadia poking his nose. She liked to do that, and he didn't know why. She made a sad noise, and Masamune tussled her hair. "Yer not alone when I take ya ta' lunch." He smiled his dumb smile. "I couldn' tell if tha mission was about dragons or not, so I wanted ta make sure we could handle it." He shrugged, then noticed a few candles moving. Fearing one was Luxanna, Masamune looked at Nadia seriously. "But since ya pro'lly woke up tha whole Noir, we'd be smart ta get outta 'ere." Masamune took her wrist like any hero in a romantic thriller and led her away from the Noir complex. After getting a pace, he did let go. "So what is tha' mission 'bout? Couldn' read tha' briefin'."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:40 am

"But that's not all the time and you leave a lot... Like a lot a lot a lot!" Nadia pouted a bit, but smiled again when he did. When he looked back and said she woke everyone up, Nadia looked back to and was about to shout to Luxanna since that was her room lighting up, but stopped when Masamune grabbed her wrist and pulled her along. Nadia stared at his hand as she ran behind him and blinked a few times. She felt her cheeks warming up, but wasn't sure what it meant entirely. It was just a hand! Once he let her go, he asked about the mission. "You still have the paper, Masa. You stole it, but I remember it saying something about a big monster taking over an entire mine. The villagers can't work, so they can't make money and that's bad for eating. We need to get the monster out."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:08 am

Masamune was not going to get into trouble. Something about running in the twilight of dawn with Nadia was far too exciting. Masamune might pick on his little friend, but he enjoyed every minute of her company. She was like a new kitten, wanting to play and explore everything. Masamune was the grizzled old alleycat who knew what places threw out good food. Luxanna was a bit—a very strong female dog that watched over Nadia, and was enough to scare Masamune. They formed a strange family that barely worked, but there were few actual bloodlines with bonds as tight as those three's.

Masamune pulled out a wrinkled, folded piece of paper and handed it to Nadia. There was a corner torn off, but it was still the sheet that he had stolen from Nadia. "Here ya go." He listened to her explain the mission and nodded along. "Ah, so it migh' jus' be a big-ass bat." Masamune sounded impressed. He wondered what might've made it so big. "I couldn' tell from tha' drawin'. Guy didn' do too good of a job with 'at. I though' it was a dragon or som'in."

"Sorry for takin' it then." Masamune sounded relieved. "Shoulda prolly asked ya wha' it said firs'." Masamune thought for a moment. They had made it about five minutes south of Caydale before they stopped running. They were safe now. He looked out at the rising sun and smiled. It was beautiful. "Nah. I thin' I did good this time. We wouldn'a been able ta see this," he gestured to the sun peeking out of the trees, "togetha'. Been a while since we saw a sunrise."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:58 am

"Well, it still might be a dragon. They didn't say. Maybe they don't know what it is since they only call it a monster or beast. It should be a nice mission anyways." Nadia explained with her usually sweet voice. She was curious as to what the thing was too. Maybe she'll meet a new friend! That would be nice. She hadn't met a new animal friend in a long time. "It's okay, but no more trying to run from me. No more leaving me alone." Nadia demanded in her child-like way. The two finally stopped running. Nadia knew they were safe now. She was always safe cause Luxanna doesn't get mad at her often. Masamune, on the other hand, got in trouble a lot and trying to leave her was going to get him in lots of trouble. Oh well, she was with him now and that is what made her happy.

"How did you do good?" Nadia pouted at him again. Leaving her behind was not good! Wait, oh. She saw the sunrise and smiled. It was so pretty! "Oh... So you were sneaking out so I would follow you and you could show me this? I knew it! You wouldn't leave me behind again." Nadia went forward and threw her arms around Masamune, snuggling her face into his cheek. "Thank you." she said and continued watching the sunrise. Once it was over, she looked to him and with a sweet smile said, "It's about time we get going. We should get there as soon as possible so the people will be able to work and eat again." Nadia began leading the way, though she wasn't entirely sure if she was going the right direction. "Um... The northern edge of Fangwood Forest is where we have to go. The village is that way. Do you know where that is? I think it's this way." Nadia... was pointing south.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Masamune would only lie to save his own skin or pride. Or Nadia's. Or Luxanna's. He wouldn't lie about stealing a pie. He wouldn't lie about breaking an antique. But if he felt that for his survival that lying was best, he'd do it. But today was different. The lie about the sunset wasn't to save him. It was just... right to him. He wanted to make the moment special for Nadia. He also wanted to make sure that the issue of him trying to sneak out would be forgotten and not brought up to Luxanna.

Ever since they returned to the Noir from Zakat, Masamune had been far more protective of Nadia. He made sure that her door was locked in the middle of the night, and he pressed Luxanna on who all had keys to her room. Eventually, it was decided that only Luxanna and Nadia should have one. Masamune had thought it would be nice to have one of his own, but he thought that might send the wrong message. For the past week, he had eaten lunch with her every day. They had talked about nonsense like they always did.

When Nadia snuggled his cheek, Masamune couldn't help but to blink. Then blush. Then smile. Nadia was soft. Her skin, her hair, her voice—everything about her was soft to the touch. She was a delicate flower that Masamune had help cultivate. "It's nothin'." Masamune kept his arm around her while they watched the sunset. For once, he wanted to keep her close.

"Ah, no..." Masamune corrected her. He placed his hands on her upper arms and turned her to face northwest. "Thas' where we need ta' go." And with that, Masamune and Nadia took off in the direction of the Fangwood Forest. Although, Masamune stopped for a few seconds and looked behind him. He could have sworn he felt someone watching them. He heard a falcon cry and shrugged it off. Those things have great eyesight.

It would take them a few days to get to the mines that were talked about in the mission. He didn't have much expertise in spelunking, but he should be okay in a mine. In fact, he might be better off. It'd most likely be damp and narrow. His electricity would carry better and be harder to dodge. He wasn't a scholar, but he had noticed that his electricity worked better when there was water around. It's one reason he felt Nadia was a great partner. If her ice melted a bit, Masamune would have a great conduit for his lightning. It was about midday when Masamune spoke up as they were eating lunch. They had passed an inn and bought a loaf of bread, some sausage, and some cheese for a quick meal. "So Nadia. Have ya made any new animal friends la'ley? Haven' heard ya' tal' 'bout yer Taerick frien' eitha'. How's he doin'?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Seeing as he kept his arm around her, Nadia kept her arms around him. If she were tired, she could fall asleep just like that. She felt so happy, even more than usual. And it was all Masamune's fault she was so happy. She'd say it to him, yep. It was his fault. Nadia was corrected on the missions location and happily followed his lead. She didn't feel anything watching them, so went unaware of the falcon.

The two stopped at an inn and bought themselves a bit of breakfast. Masamune was the one to bring up conversation first because Nadia was too interested in making her food look like a smiley face. She'd bite around corners to shape it if needed, but she'd get it there. "Nuh'uh. Haven't talked to much since then actually." Nadia looked a little sad, "And I haven't seen him. He's back at his home, I guess... After he protected me and Snopy, he was okay, but I haven't seen him since then. I miss him." Nadia nibbled a bit on the cheese to make it look like eyes. Once she was done, she looked back to Masamune. "What about you? You have made friends right? Even if it's not aminals... animals."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Masamune chewed his food thoughtfully as he listened to Nadia. This was the only time he could seem like he actually was thinking. Masamune didn't make a face with his food. Instead, he just stuffed his own. Masamune took care not to chew with his mouth open, but he was still taking very big bites. Manners were not something he knew of, and they were not something he was able to be taught. As she looked sad, Masamune couldn't help but feel sad for her. She had talked to him about that Taerick so much that it was ridiculous. Sometimes he felt like he could probably talk to the damn thing.

Masamune thought for a moment, then smiled—bread crumbs still dotting his teeth. "When we get some free time, I can help ya look for 'im." He nodded approvingly, noting that this was fact now and not just a plan. When Nadia asked about his friends, Masamune stopped eating. He looked like a child putting together the hardest math problem they had ever seen before. His brow furrowed, and then he just shrugged after about a minute of thinking. "Hmm... Lux's new girlfriend is tha' only new one that I can think of. Haven' really go'en ou' much la'ely. Her damn falcon though..." Masamune shook his head disapprovingly. "Damn bird scared the shit ou' of me a few times. Don' like it. Too loud for my tas'es."

The trip continued for two more days before they reached the small village of Hammond. Hammond was a mining community, and they mined one of the few coal mines in Arcadia. Masamune spoke to the village elder and presented the wadded-up piece of paper. The elder looked incredulously at him and Nadia. The two of them seemed so out of place and mismatched, it was obvious they were adventurers. "Huh, so it apparen'ly was a big-ass bat." Masamune sounded genuinely surprised. "The old guy did tell me somethin'..." He looked at Nadia. "They won' pay us unless we bring back the thing's head. Ya sure ya still wanna go through with it?"

Last edited by Tsubine on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Nadia brightened when Masamune offered to help. She loved animals and made as many of them her friends as she could, but lately it hadn't been going well. So many things had happened. "Tsubine? She's nice! But... do you really think Luxanna and Tsubine are going to be girlfriend and girlfriend?" Nadia pouted when the falcon was mentioned. That mean birdie would talk to her! Maybe Nadia scared it? She didn't know, but she gave up after it kept flying away. Oh well. They were off! Over the next two days, they traveled. Nadia had brought Masamune all the pretty flowers she could find. There was a time she made a crown out of them and tossed it on his head. She also found a really shiny rock and almost bit into a damn Jirany. Luckily, Masamune distracted her and it fell into the dirt. No poisonous fruit for Nadia today. That one thing would have probably ruined their entire trip! Can't have that.

Nadia immediately looked around when they got to the village. Masamune took point and informed them that they had arrived. Nadia always looked like an airhead or an overly excited child to the people she first met, especially when she was 'exploring' a new place. Masamune came over and explained what was going on. Nadia blinked in surprise and tilted her head. "Did he say it couldn't still be attached?" she tilted her head the opposite direction. Though Nadia was silly and seemingly naive to most things, the fact that she was able to point that out was rather impressive. "Of course it can't be attached!" the village elder yelled, having heard Nadia's question, "We want that thing dead so we can start workin' again!" Nadia sighed. She understood what this meant. She sometimes had to hurt animals, not all of them can be friends. "A job is a job. Luxanna says so. Gotta do it." Nadia nodded and gave a thumbs up. She was sad about it, but she had a habit of bouncing back.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Masamune nodded emphatically. "Sure do. I've never seen Lux go goo-goo eyed before. She's got a thin' for Tsubine." Masamune had to say her name with strong emphasis. He had trouble pronouncing it. "And Tsubine obviously has a thin' for Lux too. Surprisin' though. She didn' seem tha' type to go after girls." Masamune shrugged, and Tsubine sneezed. "I think it'd be good fer Lux. She be needin' someone like 'dat."

On the way to Hammond, Masamune proudly wore the flower crown. It was only until he got into Hammond that he took it off. Nadia said something incredibly clever, and Masamune was caught completely off-guard. He stuttered, trying to figure out what to say to that. Thankfully, the village idi—elder spoke up. Masamune was glad to have clarification, but he could tell that it upset Nadia. As they walked out, Masamune patted her head about five more times than she would have liked. "'Das right. Lux is smarter than tha both of us put together, and them's smart words."

At the mine entrance, Masamune set up camp. He sat cross-legged with his sword slung over his shoulder. He stared at the darkness. If Nadia asked what he was doing, he'd simply say "Waitin'." It took an hour, but a deep screeching echoed through the mine. A few minutes later, a bat the size of a horse shot out of the mine. Its wings beat against Masamune's body, but he remained sitting. "Tha' guy tha' drew dis needs ta work on scale." Masamune sprung up and swung at the bat, but it didn't connect. It went high in the sky and dove again.

This time, it aimed at Nadia. Masamune cursed and counter-dove. He made it to Nadia first, pinning her to the ground as the large, black mass passed above them. They were close. Way too close. Their bodies were practically pressed up against one another. Like he wanted. Like it should be. Masamune shook those thoughts out of his head as his face turned as red as his cloak. The bat flew westward, and Masamune took note. "Uh, so Nadia... yer o-okay, right?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:13 pm

They sat at the entrance of the mine for about an hour before anything happened. Nadia asked what he was doing and he said waiting, so she would wait too! This time she was waiting with him, not for him, so this was better. When she heard the screech, Nadia looked into the darkness. She was gonna have to fight whatever was coming out. When a bat the size of a horse suddenly flew out from the cave, she put her hands over her head and covered herself. "It's so big! How did it get that big! That's big!" Nadia was completely shocked. She didn't realize that it was coming for her. Masamune was paying attention though and pinned her to prevent it from hitting her. Her cheeks immediately went red, but she looked around for the bat monster! "Uh'huh. Uh'huh. I'm okay!" Nadia rolled over onto him real quick and got up, giving him a nice panty shot, "Masa, we gotta hurry! It went that way!"

Nadia pulled him back to his feet and began running after it. She kept it in her sights, but it was flying so fast! She saw it land over a hill and pointed. "It's over there! Gotta bring it's head back." she said and the two of them kept running. At this point, they were playing a hunting game. It would land and rest, they'd keep running, find it, it would fly again, and the process was just repeated. They chased it through the night. Nadia was getting exhausted enough that she just fell. "Can't keep running, it hurts." she said through heavy breathing. Since it was day, the bastard was probably going to need it's own sleep as well, so it was a perfect time to rest. Nadia wasn't even sure where they were at this point, but she knew she was super tired. "Can... we... sleep... now..." she said, catching her breath.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:34 pm

White. Masamune's vision faded to that one, lacy, silky color. It moved like a rolling wave as time slowed. Masamune kept that image in his head for far too long—much longer than he'd like to have. But he couldn't keep his eyes from it. Lace was not something Nadia would have picked out, but it went so well with her soft skin. He blinked many times, but he couldn't get the image out of his head. "Beautiful," he heard himself whisper.

Masamune needed Nadia's help in getting up—pun intended. He was far too distracted for his own good. That was probably why they didn't catch up to the bat. Masamune was smart enough to grab Nadia's travelsack as they ran. He did not, however, grab his. Nadia led Masamune through forests and everything through the night, but by the next day they had lost it. Masamune was exhausted, and he collapsed next to Nadia. A cool, spring breeze washed over them. "Yeah... tha'... sounds good."

Masamune went to grab his travel sack, and he ended up blindly rummaging through Nadia's accidentally with one hand. He came across a few oddities he would not bring up. Thus he quickly realized that this was not his. He looked around and remembered that he had left it. He made a few curses, and then thought for a moment. The breeze went chillier, and Masamune knew that he'd get sick if he didn't have a blanket tonight. But the same could happen with Nadia. If he got sick, Nadia could get sick too. There was no winning right now. So, he knew that he'd have to compromise. "Oi, Nadia..." Masamune called out hesitantly, hoping she wasn't asleep yet. "I forgot mah travelsack at the mine... Can we, uh, share the blanket tonight? I don' wanna get sick, and I don' wan' you ta get sick either."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Nadia hadn't been paying attention to anything up until Masamune called her name. "Yeah?" she rubbed her eyes, ready to fall asleep at this point. He explained he forgot his stuff and then looked around for hers. For a moment, she thought she forgot hers too, but realized what he had. "Oh... You grabbed mine, Masa." she pointed out the obvious, "Sure, of course." She was so tired, she wasn't thinking much of it. She crawled over to her travel sack and pulled out a blanket. It was a huge fluffy one that she loved to have. It was her favorite and she'll only share with Masamune and Lux, but preferred only to share with Masa because Luxanna is a blanket hog at times. It wasn't comfortable sharing with Lux.

Nadia moved over to a tree and placed her hands on it. A few moments later, very strong ice formed a bit of globe over them, attached to the tree. It was to keep away winds and the possibility of rain or animal droppings. "We'll sleep under here... It won't melt for hours, so it's okay." Nadia curled up and put the blanket over her, patted the space next to her, and then over him once he got into place. She almost immediately curled into him and wrapped her arms around his chest while they laid there. She was awake for a bit, but after hearing a few beats of his heart, it was lights out for little Nadia. Her arms coiled around him a little tighter and in her sleep, she mumbled, "Night Masa... Love you."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Masamune was always impressed with the utility that Nadia had within her. She could make shelters, traps, camouflage, distractions, and many other things with her ice. Masamune was really boring when it came to his powers, but he enjoyed what he could do. It was more offense-based, but it was definitely just as beautiful as Nadia's ice. Well, so long as she didn't make art out of it. Masamune couldn't make art with lightning. Just not possible.

As Nadia laid down beside him, Masamune's heard began to race. He thought more and more about what Nadia was to him. He was tired, and many things had happened lately. Was Nadia just a little sister to him? Not really. She was gorgeous, but she still needed someone to protect her. Was he worthy of her? Absolutely not. Was he the right type of guy for her? Absolutely not. Was he smart enough to teach her what she did wrong? Absolutely not. But did he love her? Absolutely. He was drifting off into sleep when Nadia curled up into him. He curled into her, their bodies forming a ball of warm embrace. He rested his hand atop her head, stroking her hair. "Love ya too..." Masamune said as he too drifted to sleep.

Masamune awoke to the sound of an owl. Not an owl hooting. No, it screeched in pain as the giant bat bit it in two. Masamune rustled Nadia awake as he saw the black mass flap westward. Thankfully, tonight was a full moon. They'd be able to follow it very easily. They chased for another day after packing Nadia's camp up, and they reached the edge of the forbidden area known as the Glitterhold Forest. Masamune looked to Nadia, and they spoke in unison. "Let's not tell anyone." They spoke in unison. Masamune blinked, then smiled widely as they charged forth, into the magical forest...
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Nadia woke up to the slight shaking Masamune was doing. "Huh?" she rubbed her eyes and quickly looked around. It was time to get back on the hunt! Nadia hurried along with Masamune and the two chased that thing for another entire day before they reached the Glitterhold Forest. Nadia gasped. They weren't supposed to hunt here! It was a safe haven for all animals, but their mission! Luxanna's words were key and the two agreed with each other since the spoke in unison, "Let's not tell anyone."

The Glitterhold Forest was probably the most Arcana-Rich place in Arcadia, which was saying something since the entire country was rich with it. Everything here practically glowed in the dark. Animals that grew up here were very different than the same animal that would grow in other places. A dragon who grew here would be able to camouflage itself or have glowing scales. The fish sometimes even glowed in the water.  The trees all felt alive and those closer to nature felt a pure aura emanating from the forest. Elves in particular would heal and regenerate energy faster here. It's a beautiful place.

It didn't take long to find the bat. It seemed taken in by the new surroundings as well. Nadia felt kind of guilty when they took it down because it had been running for it's life since they first saw it and still didn't get away. She took no part in removing the head; she couldn't handle that. So as she sat off to the side and waited for Masamune to be done, she saw something out of the corner of her eye. "Hm?" she looked over and saw a scruffy looking Felly. "... AHRI!?" Nadia immediately recognized the little one and ran over. The poor little thing was tired and looked like it had been in a fight.

Nadia immediately put Ahri into a blanket and wrapped her up. "Masa... This is Ahri... Snopy's friend." Nadia was going to try and talk to Ahri, but the moment Ahri remembered who Nadia was, the little thing fell asleep in Nadia's arms. She had to have been out here fore quite some time. "There's no way Snopy would just leave her..." Nadia said in a panicked whisper. She began looking around and yelling for him. "SNOPY!" She thought he might be nearby, but Ahri woke up and the two began talking. Snopy had left to save a girl and they were moving to fast for Ahri to keep up. She hadn't been able to find them. "Masa..." Nadia kind of whined. She wanted to help Ahri find Snopy again, but how?

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:03 am

The magic in the Glitterhold forest was odd. Masamune could feel it, and he didn't like it. He felt like he had drank too much water. The fight with the bat was almost too easy. It seemed drunk, and Masamune thought it might be affected by the forest's Arcana. Masamune wrapped the head in a bundle of large leaves that he folded into a sack. He was coming back when he heard Nadia call out. He ran back, and he saw Nadia carrying something. He didn't know what an Ahri was, and he eyed it curiously. "Eh? Snopy... 'Das tha' guy you met a while back, right?" Masamune nodded as if he was remembering who this Snopy person was. "Huh, so 'dis cat-thing is 'is, uh? So wha's tha' deal with 'im? He alive?"

Last edited by Tsubine on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:40 am

"Yeah, he was around when my Taerick fought the other Taerick to save me. Snopy was there and this was his pet, his best friend actually... He's probably worried sick about her." Nadia explained as she pulled out some berries for Ahri to eat. "Here, these will help with the tummy ache..." Nadia said and Ahri ate the berry right out of her fingers. Nadia smiled happily, but she could tell that Ahri was extremely exhausted. She looked like she had been fighting through this place for a while. "Of course he's alive. He has to be. If he wasn't, Ahri would feel it and be sad. That's what friends do." Nadia said and began walking through the forest to find their exit, "That's how I know when you're okay or not. My tummy hurts when you get hurt, but if you're fine, then I'm fine. It helps me know when I need to get Luxanna to look for you." Nadia stopped and looked to Masamune. "What should we do? If we go all the way back, we might not be able to find Snopy ever. Should we just ignore the mission... Or should we turn it in." Nadia was confused. Luxanna might get mad if they failed their mission for a pet. "I don't know what to do..." she said sadly, continuing to pet Ahri as the little thing began to sleep again.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Masamune froze in his tracks. Her stomach did what? Was this some sort of weird power he didn't know he had? One she had? A curse put on her by Luxanna? Masamune had no idea how to take that. It stunned him, and it warmed him. He knew that people cared about him. He knew that he had great friends in Luxanna and Nadia. But for her to say that—and for her to mean it—it was something different. It was at that moment that Masamune's impression of Nadia as a little sister disappeared. Little sisters don't get that connection. Big sisters and big brothers do, but more often than that, lovers do.

"We're not that far from the Gli'erhold Village, so we coul' jus' sleep on it tonigh', and thin' more 'bout it in the mornin'. We're both tired as all 'ell, so we migh' no' make tha' right decision, yanno?" That was Masamune's suggestion, and what they ended up doing. They made their way to the Glitterhold Village, and Masamune found a clever place to stash the bat head. Masamune spent most of his money on getting a new potato sack and some travel supplies. In order to "save money," Masamune also suggested something—that they share a room tonight.

Once in bed for the night, Masamune placed his arm behind Nadia's head. He breathed in and out hard. "Nadia, do ya know what love is?" Masamune couldn't look her in the eyes. It was all he could do to say these things. If she didn't, he'd say he'd explain it the best he could. "Eva' since I met ya, I knew someone had ta look out for ya, else ya'd get inta biiiig trouble. Ya did a few times, and we were able ta get ya out of them with no sweat. Afta me and Lux found ya in Zakat, I realized that wha' I was doin' just wasn' enough. If I sleep, I can' protect ya. I migh' no' 'ear you ge' up at nigh' and wander off. So..." Masamune cleared his throat and turned his head so he was looking at her. "Nadia, will ya let me stay by yer side at nigh'? And even when i's no' nigh'. I jus' wanna be by ya. Yanno, sorta how Lux and Tsubine are gonna be girlfrien' and girlfrien', maybe we could be.... yanno... boyfrien' and girlfrien'."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Nadia thought his idea was perfect. It would let them think on it much better than when they were tired. She even thought saving money by sharing a room was perfect! She should have taken more out of her account back at the Guild. She had so much, but forgot about it because she wasn't the one to make it all. Since they pretty much slept in the "same bed" the night before, Nadia had no problem cuddling up against Masamune again. It was where she felt safest and most comfortable. He was breathing weird though and she immediately thought he might be sick. After thinking of ways to help him, she was about to offer her ideas when he asked a strange question.

"There are lots of types." she replied, blinking curiously and then began to explain, "Mothers and Fathers love each other. Brothers and sisters love each other. And even friends love each other. It all comes from how your heart and mind feels toward that person. All loves make you want to protect that person, but not all loves make you want to kiss them. All loves make you want that person to be happy, but not all loves make you want to be that person for them. My favorite kind is the kind that make you want to be with that person forever. It's the 'true love', I think. It's the one where you know you can't live without them and if they're hurt, it hurts you too. It's a special love. That's the best love."

"How come you asked that?" Nadia asked. She had asked this same question to Lux, but she had a reason for it. Love used to confuse her a lot, but when she watched certain people, she could tell they felt similarly to her about the people they were with. Nadia had often been confused about this when it came to Masamune. His explanation made her feel warm and fuzzy inside and she couldn't help but smile, but when his question came about that smile turned into surprise. Her heart was racing and she wasn't entirely sure why. "With me? A-A-Are you sure?" she asked. When he confirmed, Nadia wiped a tear from her eye and nodded. "My boyfriend." she nuzzled her cheek into him and then smiled wider, "Masa, I'll try to be the best girlfriend for you, okay? I promise that I will do my very best!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm