Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Through the Forest [Close] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Through the Forest [Close] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Through the Forest [Close] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Through the Forest [Close] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Through the Forest [Close] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Through the Forest [Close] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Through the Forest [Close] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Through the Forest [Close] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Through the Forest [Close] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Through the Forest [Close]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Through the Forest [Close] Empty Through the Forest [Close]

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 am

Elysia had not been banned from leaving the premises. She had been told not to go near towns and villages and certainly not cities. But the forest around Kyra's manor? That was free reign. Although, Elysia did not spend much time in the forest. She liked the air above it. So that's where she was. The blue dragon spun a dozen times, enjoying the feeling of her wings spreading far and wide. Her tail swayed in the cloudless sky, and she could feel every gust of wind that tried to knock her off-course.

Elysia noticed some movement in a clearing she frequented. It wasn't a deer or anything. It was... a human. As she flew over him, she peered down. He was young, even for a human. Elysia took interest in him because he looked different from the maids and other people she had interacted with. Elysia lowered her altitude and changed as she reached the top of a tree behind the clearing. She glided down to a branch not far off the ground. She watched him for a moment, and saw him as he fell. She tilted her head like a cat as he lie there on the ground. "You look funny." Elysia took a sniff of the air. He didn't smell like a human. "You also smell... different."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Through the Forest [Close] Empty Re: Through the Forest [Close]

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:57 am

Through the Forest [Close] Header_zpsn6v6k3mi

Isaiah was in need of a teacher, but not many people dealt with him in situations like this. He needed guidance with the sword, not to practice on his own in the forest a couple miles away from Aria. Too bad that was what he was doing. He came out here today because it was his day off. If he were any closer to the city, one of his bosses would have sent someone out after him and forced him to come in today. No, he needed his practice. Sure, he needed the money as well, but this was something he got to do much less often than practice. It was a pain in the ass too. He kept messing up his swings.

"Ugh! This is stupid!" he shouted in anger. He was about to throw the sword, but stopped because he knew he didn't want to break it. He clenched the blade a bit, a small cut trickling with blood. It didn't hurt, so he put the cut finger in his mouth to try and stop the bleeding. He wasn't expecting a voice to call out to him, but when it did he assumed it was his boss. He was quickly proven wrong when some girl appeared from the forest. "I look funny? And smell different?" he raised an eyebrow and looked her up and down, "I look normal. You on the other hand need a mirror." Isaiah put a hand on his hip, the other holding the sword, "What the hell's your problem anyway? I don't know you."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:29 am

Elysia blinked. "I need a mirror? Do I have something in my teeth? I thought I got all of that deer out..." Elysia picked at her teeth, but didn't find anything. "I have no problem." She began to kick her legs. "And of course you don't know me, that's why I said you look different. You're different looking from the other people I've met." Elysia then did a backflip off the back of the branch, landing on her feet with her arms out to the side. "I haven't met someone with both brown hair and green eyes. Is it a common thing?" Elysia tilted her head again. "Oh, right, humans do names first..." Elysia said quietly. "I'm Elysia. I live near here. What about you?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:37 am

Isaiah rolled his eyes at her. She didn't get something that obvious? Where the hell was this girl from? "No, your words were that I look funny and smell different. Telling me I look funny is a pretty asshole way of introducing yourself to someone, ya know? Usually it's something as simple as 'hi'." Iasiah looked at this girl like she had gone absolutely insane. Brown hair and green eyes were among the most popular colors for humans, so why the hell wouldn't she have seen someone like that before? She sounded like she had been sheltered like crazy. It seemed she got his first lesson of the day though because she introduced herself. He didn't completely catch what she whispered, but was curious about what he thought he might have heard. "Isaiah... And the only one who lives up here is that woman, Kyra, so either you're lying or you live with her. Why are you out here? You know it's dangerous."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:24 pm

"Oh, so I did. Not really what I meant." Elysia shrugged it off. She didn't understand what the difference was, but she knew enough from Kyra to know that should have been the right thing to say. Elysia looked around, studying the nature around them. It was always so odd how humans seemed to ignore nature. Elysia saw the birds in the high-off trees that shyed away from her. "I do live with Miss Kobayashi. She adopted me not long ago." Elysia snapped a leaf off of the branch she was on.

"And I can take care of myself, thank you very much. Animals don't really like me." Elysia spoke absent-mindedly, studying the leaf with increasing curiosity. She then bit into it. Elysia pointed upwards to further emphasize her point. "The birds stopped singing the moment I got here." Elysia continued to chew on the leaf, watching Isaiah. "You are the one that might need to watch out for danger though." Elysia raised a finger, and a bolt of lightning shot past Isaiah's head, and a hissing sounded from behind him. A snake was dropping down from a tree behind Isaiah.

Elysia casually walked past Isaiah, and picked up the limp snake. It was nothing more than a tree boa, but it had gotten full of itself. Its head was mostly gone, a black hole extending from where it had been. Elysia held up one end of it to Isaiah. "You wanna share it?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:42 pm

So this girl was adopted by The Kyra Kobayashi? "Well aren't you lucky. Lot of people would kill to be part of her family. She's like super rich and powerful. Didn't think she liked kids though." Isaiah crossed his arms. He was distracted enough with this girl that he didn't see the snake sneaking up from the tree behind him. When he saw the lightning bolt, he tilted his head and body to the side away from it. It wasn't aimed at him at all, but that wasn't exactly something you just let fly by your head and ignore. "What the hell!?" he shouted and then looked back as he heard a light thump. "A snake?" he blinked surprised and looked back to her as she walked over and picked it up. He raised an eyebrow at her, "No... I'm not into snakes." This girl was strange and actually a bit interesting. It wasn't often that he came across a girl that didn't seem the same as every other one around the block. "So... you're a lightning arcanist? That's pretty cool. I know I have Arcana in me, just haven't been able to use it at all... Don't know why." He said, "So... Where'd you learn? From anyone around here?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:14 am

Elysia thought for a moment. She then shrugged and began to gather some sticks and stones while she spoke to Isaiah. "That's... about as close to correct as I think you can be, but it's not fully correct." Elysia didn't know how to explain this without saying she was a dragon. "It's no big deal to you though." Elysia gave a kind smile, then returned to gathering things for her fire pit. "Snake isn't that bad though. Elk is horrible. I don't recommend it. Beef will always the best." Elysia gave a firm nod to herself.

Then, Elysia had a thought. She stopped making the fire pit, then looked Isaiah up and down. She narrowed her eyes, and walked up to him. She then sniffed him thrice. Her eyes narrowed more. She might have an idea as to why he can't use his Arcana. "Hmmm...." Elysia raised her hand to her chin, then looked into his eyes like a farmer examining a cow he was going to buy. "Do you have a big appetite? Like... one bigger than even the fattest person you know. Do you like being outside? Do you have an urge to be up in the sky or in the water? Does your breath sometimes do funny things or smell funny?" He couldn't be, but it wouldn't hurt to ask...
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:24 am

"That's the first thing you've said that I can agree with you on. Ain't nothin' better than a steak." Isaiah smiled widely and laughed a bit, "But I still am not into snakes, even eatin' them. Just keep my distance from those things usually. Ain't tryin'a get bit or nothing." Isaiah watched her begin to make a fire pit and decided to help a bit by gathering a few sticks as well. He walked over and she stopped, so he just dropped them next to her. "What?" he took a step back as she looked him up and down. Girls only did that when they liked him, but hers was different. He felt like he was being examined by some sort of animal. "What?" he looked at her like she was nuts when all those questions came, but the ones she asked were right on. "Well... Uh, yeah? I mean... I'm hungry more than most people and I like the water... Oh, right. I like being outside to. Indoors always feel too cramp-... Wh-Why are you asking?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 am

Elysia smiled widely. It was toothy and genuinely happy. She had a light in her eyes that had only appeared a few times before. She was excited. "I think I know why you can't access your Arcana!" Elysia grabbed his hand and pulled him to the center of the clearing. She was making happy giggling noises as she ran. "It's really simple, and I don't know why you don't know. I mean, you're in a humanoid form. Unless that's the form you were born in... then it makes sense as to why you don't know."

Elysia let go of him and took a few steps away, turning to face him. "Mister Isaiah, you're a dragon. An Elder Dragon, to be specific. You see, until an Elder Dragon reaches a certain age, it can't access its Arcana. Father had told me it's to let the Arcana foster a bond with our bodies before allowing us to control it. Once you get that, you'll be able to control your Arcana better than any human could. I think Elves are the only ones that might could rival our ability to control it, but they're so rare from what I've read... Oh, that's right. I guess there's no point in keeping it secret. I'm an Elder Dragon too, just like you. That's why you smelled different to me. You smell like a dragon. It's a nice smell."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:44 am

Isaiah was very uncomfortable with how excited she suddenly got. "Wait, you do?" he asked surprised. Isaiah was caught off guard by everything she was saying. He was a dragon? Seriously? Was that why he was so strong? Was that why he lost his temper so much? His Father said it was because he was a growing boy, but that must have been a lie, just like everything else. Isaiah looked annoyed for a moment and then turned back to Elysia with a raised eyebrow. "A dragon, huh? What age do I get my powers? Once I get 'em, I'm out of this place. I'ma fly around to find my brother and kick anyone's ass if they try to get in my way!" Isaiah too was excited about this. "You're a dragon too? So that's why..." he thought back to when she ate that leaf. That was strange. He had never done it before, but... He grabbed a leaf just like the one she had and chewed on it. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't the best either. "I still prefer meat... You think you can teach me about all this stuff? I won't know where to begin."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:22 am

Elysia had to think about that. "Um... about your eighteenth winter is when you'll get them. So probably soon in your case. When you reach that age, your humanoid form's maturing reaaaaally slows down. Like a lot. I've heard of older Elder Dragons who could manipulate their forms a bit, and a few that even had two forms. In your case... you're probably going to be aging one winter for every ten that actually pass. So in ten winters, you'll look like you were nineteen winters old... or something. You get the idea." Elysia didn't know how to explain this to a human-raised dragon.

"Meat is godly." Elysia agreed wholeheartedly. "But um... I can try. I'm not that much more experienced myself. The main problem is that you don't have your powers yet. I can't do much for you until you get them." Elysia looked pensive, then looked up to him. "I know of one thing I can try to get you used to..." And then, Elysia changed. She grew into a massive, scaly dragon. Although her body was the size of a horse, her tail extended much, much farther. "Get on my back, and I'll let you get used to seeing the world from high above."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:30 am

His eighteenth winter? Oh. Okay. Once he turned eighteen then. It was probably similar to hitting puberty in a way. It's just another change he'll go through. Though, he wondered how he even was one of these things. Why didn't his Mom or Dad ever say anything? Isaiah watched her transform and was pretty impressed. "I'm gonna be able to do that too, right?" he asked with a smirk. Yeah, being a dragon was going to be awesome. When she said to get on her back, Isaiah couldn't help but have perverted thought go through his head. Sure, she was in dragon form, so that wasn't his thing at all, but seriously? She was still a girl and cute too. "Alright." he shrugged and climbed onto her back. It took him a moment to get his balance. This was much different than a horse, even if they were close in size. "Alright, I'm up... So uh... You sure it's okay to fly around? I mean, people see you and you might get in trouble. They'll send a mob or someone from Aria Grand to take you out."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:52 am

Elysia nodded. "Yes, you should. Although, you might not be as large as I am. Depending on your parents' size, you could be smaller or larger." Elysia snickered at the thought of him turning into a sprite dragon. They were sometimes the Chihuahuas of dragons. Elysia knew it very improper to let someone ride on them. But he needed to know, and he needed to get used to the feeling of being up in the air. Elysia did not like the feeling of someone on her back, and it made her first few flaps a little odd. "If I fly low enough, they might mistake me for a trained wyvern. You're not in my talons, so it doesn't look that threatening. And that's if they see me."

And then, Elysia and Isaiah were in the sky above the forest. "Only shield your eyes if you have to. When you gain your dragon form, you'll be able to hold them open while flying with no issues." Elysia glided over the green treetops, barely over the tips of the trees. "Watch out for birds. I've had a duck fly into my mouth twice while flying, and it can disorient you enough that you fall down." Elysia found a river, and she flew close to the surface of it. "Um... Flying low is better when you want to travel between two places that are a short distance away. Flying high is really only good for long-distance travel. You can glide on the jetstreams, and it'll keep you from tiring out." Elysia continued to fly, listening for any more questions or concerns he might have.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:00 am

Without having wings of his own yet, Isaiah didn't really know what she was talking about. He'd keep it in mind for later, when the wings finally came in. He laughed at the duck flying into her mouth. That was hilarious. He lost his balance for a moment, but quickly stabilized so he wouldn't fall. He didn't have to shield his eyes either. The air pressed against him a bit, but he didn't feel like it was going to hurt his eyes. He wondered if that was because he was a dragon too. Oh well. "Hey, Elysia, right?" he confirmed her name, "You said that it depends on what my parents' were... So my Mom and Dad had to be a Dragon too? They never told me that... They lied to me about a lot, it seems..." His tone darkened in anger, "Parents are stupid. All they do is lie and betray you. I hate my Mom and Dad."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:33 am

Elysia was silent for a moment. "That's not right, Isaiah. One of them has to be a dragon, and from what I hear... people don't treat us Dragons like they should. They fear us, but think they can kill us. And from what I know, they can. So your mother or father probably didn't want you to know so you wouldn't go out and get hurt." Elysia shrugged, nearly knocking Isaiah off. "I think it's stupid. You're a dragon, you can defend yourself."

Elysia craned her head back to look at him. "You just seemed to have ignorant parents. Not all parents are like that. Father... he was good. But he was also a Dragon among Dragons, and he could kick anyone's ass." Elysia turned her head back to the front. "He could have taught you so much more than I can. I was still really young and inexperienced when..." Elysia shook her long head. "Nevermind... How are you liking it up there? Having fun yet?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:52 am

"Either way, if this is all true and you're right, they never told me anything about it. If I knew, I could protect myself... I could stay hidden... Or, or, or... I don't know. I could keep it a secret. Instead they chose to lie to me about who and what I am." Isaiah sighed, clenching his fists. Seeing that his anger was going to flare up, he calmed down before it got to bad and he lost his temper. "It's pretty cool. I think it'll be cooler when I can fly on my own. We should go back to where we were. I wanna get my sword. I have training I need to get done and playing around in the air is not going to help that."

Once they returned, Isaiah jumped off and went to get his sword. He examined it for a moment and looked back up to Elysia. "You know how to use one of these? I'm learnin', but I know I need a master or somethin' like that. Don't know anyone that could teach me..." Before she got a chance to answer, he spoke up again, "Hey... Listen, Elysia... Thanks for tellin' me all this. I'll repay you some how, but I don't know how or nothin'. But yeah, thanks." he said and gave a rather nice smile.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 am

"It's soooo much cooler when you can fly on your own. There was one time I hurt my wing and so Father had to carry me around... it suuuuucked compared to flying." Elysia did not get lost on her way back to the clearing. In fact, they never strayed more than a mile from it. Elysia changed back into her human form, and adjusted her hat to be just right. She eyed the sword suspiciously. "Nope. Sure don't. Closest thing to that I can use are these," and her hands turned into claws not unlike that of her dragon form. "I don't need a human weapon either." Elysia looked up and frowned. "I should get back to Kyra's house... She'll get angry if she knows I snuck out again." Elysia turned to leave, but hesitated. She smiled and turned back to face Isaiah. "As for your thanks, it's no problem. I'm just glad to have a friend that's a dragon too. I can't wait to talk to you again."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm