Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
The Night Fort [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

The Night Fort [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

The Night Fort [Closed] Empty The Night Fort [Closed]

Post by Serenity Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:07 pm

The Night Fort [Closed] Header8_zps7rgpvrge

Saitou had just experienced the roughest night in his life. It wasn't more impacting or painful than his Master's death, but it was definitely more rough. A hurricane hit while he was in the lowest areas of the boat. He was keeping away from bright lights and most people. He noticed that he had been getting strange urges around people lately and didn't want to harm anyone. The worst part about it was the inability to go in the sun. It was like he had contracted a disease of some sort and hoped to find answers somewhere. His concentration was finding the woman that killed his master, but if he got answers in the process, that wouldn't be too bad, right? His master would want that for him.

In the middle of the night, as the hurricane hit, the ship was turned over and about a hundred people were thrown into the unstable ocean waters. Saitou did his best to help and got a lot of people back on the boat. One thing he also noticed was his increase in strength; things were much easier for him now. Right as he saved the last fallen child, the ship hit a large rock and was sent crashing into the rocks of some land. Saitou didn't even know if they had made it to Arcadia  yet. Saitou spent the rest of the night gathering as many people as possible. He rescued just about everyone he could, even a few that had died. He laid the living and injured together on the sand and the dead away from them.

When the day came, he figured he rescued just about everyone. The few that were awake saw him take a large piece of the ship onto the sand. He pretty much created his own personal wood and rock fort a few yards from the water. He sat under it, it being just tall enough for him to lay under it, and watched over everyone. People tried to get him to come out, but he refused. A man tried to drag him out, but Saitou had brought a large rock under his fort for a reason. The man couldn't drag him and the rock, so they all gave up, but the women and children tried bringing him food, but he refused since normal food wasn't right for him. Soon, help came for them and Saitou kept himself happily in his fort.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

The Night Fort [Closed] Empty Re: The Night Fort [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:28 pm

Ah, the beauty of the Arcadian coastline. Arcadia had the longest coastline on Aurora. Ezon might have the longest based on percentage, but that didn't matter. If 90% is 2 inches, that's still only 2 inches. And no woman likes 2 inches. Especially on the beach. Emilia Farceneaux was asleep in a horse-drawn military wagon. There was a team of eight of these wagons. Beyond Emilia's own and the two supply wagons, the rest were filled with troops of the ADL.

Emilia was the first to disembark, grabbing not her pistol—but her medical bag. Giving orders, the troops emptied one of the wagons, setting up a quick medical tent outside of the village. That was when she heard that there was a ship that had crashed in the storm. Taking a few of the soldiers, she rushed down the shore. Emilia found the wreck and began treating people. She heard an odd story though. Confronting the strangest hermit crab she has ever seen, Emilia knocked on the wooden frame. Her voice came out like a gentle sea breeze. "Excuse me, sir? I heard that you refuse to come out of your... shelter. Is everything okay? I am Doctor Farceneaux. You can tell me if something is wrong."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:58 am

It took longer than he liked for the people to stop bothering him. He was the one that pulled them from the water and saved those who had died in the accident, so why couldn't he keep to himself in his little boat piece fort? When they finally left him alone, he had about an hour of relaxing quiet. He fell asleep until a new scent came from right outside his fort. His eyes snapped open and he rubbed his nose when he heard the voice from outside. It was a woman and not one from the ship from what he could tell. He wasn't able to see anything more than her feet, but he was sure she wasn't on the ship just based off of that. Besides that, her scent was different. His sense of smell was crazy right now.

"I do not wish to bother anyone. I saved them from the drowning, even brought the dead to shore... Why is it so wrong of me to stay away? I like my shelter; it's safe. I'll leave once night has come, but until then I will stay as a giant wooden turtle among the sands of this place." Saitou's voice seep out of the wooden cave in a seductive tone, but not because he wanted it that way. His voice was just that smooth. "So what's going on? Why are you here?" he asked calmly, as if he only wanted a bit of conversation. He had been alone for a while and often enjoyed light conversations with his master, so the absence of that had been bothering him. "My name's Saitou Hajime... From Ezon."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:51 am

Emilia blinked, then turned around to one of the soldiers. "I'll leave with the second shift. I will not leave until I see that this man, too, is leaving." And the member of the Arcadian Administration sat down, cross-legged. "Well, mister turtle, you heard me. I'm not leaving until you decide to come out. Once nightfall hits, you'll be coming out. Even if I have to drag you out. Do you understand?" Emilia had the type of smile that she gave to patients who refused to take their medicine. She was more than happy to give them the shot or the suppository form with that smile.

"The village southeast of here was also hit by the hurricane. I came with the ADL here to see if there was anything I could do. I was a battlefield doctor, so this sort of thing is normal. We heard that there was a ship that crashed here during the hurricane, so I decided to check it out. Usually shipwrecks don't go noticed until it's too late. I'm glad I was able to get here in time." Emilia smiled and placed her hands in her lap.

"Oh? You're Ezonian? I have met a few Ezonian warriors in my time. They were quite a peculiar lot, but I could see the conviction in their eyes. It is the type of thing I wish I could inpsire in people—both civilian and military. Oh, how rude of me! I told you my last name, but since you haven't been treated yet, you can't really call me 'doctor,' right? I'm Emilia. So what brings you 'across the pond' to Arcadia? Business? Pleasure? A lover perhaps?" She gave a joking tone as she asked the last bit, not thinking it to be true. Plus she wanted to hear that smooth voice crack with a "w-what?!" She thought it might just be cute.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:43 am

Saitou was laying comfortably in the sand. Since his shelter had been providing shade since the sun came up, it was nice and cool. The added breeze that seeped under the few cracks the shelter could not cover was making it even better. Saitou closed his eyes and listened to her. He missed conversation and was kind of  desperate for it. "That's fine. You will not have to drag me out. I'll keep my word and leave once the sun has fallen and do appreciate the company." Saitou was quite content, his voice soft and with a soothing hint of happiness as the two talked. "That's kind of you. I was able to pull most from the water as they came ashore. I'm sure I collected everyone, even those that died."

"Yes, I am. I am fluent in Arcadian though. My Mother taught me. It is sort of a requirement at the school I went to as well." Saitou glanced over to the small lit opening that her voice was coming from. He was curious  about what she looked like, but new the light from the sun would harm him. Saitou chuckled at the lover comment; he wasn't surprised by it. "It is nice to meet you, Emilia. And none of those, though it could be classified as business." Saitou said. He did not want to reveal his actual reasons for being here. He didn't know whether she'd take kindly to his mission of killing a woman in Arcadia. The image of the white haired woman who slaughtered his master popped into Saitou's head.

Saitou stayed silent for a moment while he tried to suppress the memory. He cleared his throat and then snapped out of his momentary trance. "I'm looking for someone that I need to ask an important question, but I do not wish to say much more about the subject, if you don't mind." he asked nicely. He shifted under the shelter, the movement likely being heard. He turned over on his side to face her and laid his head on a mound of sand he had been using as a pillow. "So we did make it to Arcadia? I wasn't sure if we all washed up on Ezon again." Saitou said with a small chuckle, "Isn't it warm out there? I will keep my word. Even though I do enjoy the company, I wouldn't want to inconvenience you like this. It cannot be comfortable sitting out in the heat like that. Are you sure you want to wait?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:16 pm

"It is quite admirable that you did that. Few people have the courage to do such a thing. Thank you, as you probably saved more lives than you know by doing that." Emilia listened to him explain about Ezon and why he was there. "That is fine. We all have things we don't wish to talk about. Although, if it has anything to do with your health, I may have to ask." Emilia was trying to be kind, but his wellbeing came first. Even personal matters like this might have something to do with someone's healthcare.

"Yes, you made it just fine to Arcadia. You're a few hundred miles from any major city though. Once we can get you to Taria, I'm sure you'll find your way around Arcadia much easier." Emilia smiled and shook her head. "It is not an inconvenience. I actually need a bit of sun. I'm stuck in an office or operating room most of the day... I just wish I could have enjoyed the beach when I wasn't on-duty."

"So tell me a bit about yourself, Mister Hajime. Or would you prefer me to call you Saitou? I heard that Ezonians are a bit particular about their names, so I would rather not offend you." Emilia listened to what he had to say with a patient ear, nodding and smiling along. "I have another question for you. What port were you sailing into? If you're looking for a specific town, I should be able to give you directions, or find someone who knows the way."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:49 pm

“Saitou is fine. Those of Ezon are taught to respect other cultures, but expect others to respect ours. I am in Arcadia, so I will not ask others to practice customs they are not used to. However, if we were still in Ezon, it would be a different story.” Saitou explained. It is difficult to explain how he talks. He always seems so calm and content, and there is an air of confidence in his voice. He also talks slowly, like he’s never in a rush to get what he wants to say out. He doesn’t drag a sentence on, but speaks with what some may call wisdom. “Actually, I do not know.” he said and sighed, “I was not legally on the ship. I hid in the bottom of it. I would like that to stay secret.” Saitou realized he was being very cryptic, but she had been kind to his preferences so far. He hoped one more would not be a problem. “How long until the sun is down?” he asked. Once he got an answer, he continued trying to keep conversation. “Is there anything you can tell me about living in Arcadia? I have never been here before, so I am unsure what to expect. What are some laws I should know? Any specific customs?”

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:15 pm

"I'm sure that can be arranged." Emilia didn't want Saitou to feel ostracized right now. She wanted him to feel welcomed. She had enough sway that no one would charge him with stowing away, but... Emilia shook her head mentally. Now wasn't the time for that. Emilia pulled out a silver pocketwatch, then thought for a moment. "I'd say we have about two hours. I never was too good at guessing sundown though."

"Oh, I could tell you many things. You said you had to ask someone a question... You're probably going to stay here a while, but you're not moving here, correct?" After giving confirmation, Emilia continued. "First of all, stowing away is a misdemeanor. But with your heroism, I'm sure the shipping company won't press charges. Not to mention, I don't think anyone would care about it. But I don't think you should do that again. If you need money, I can lend you some. The main thing to know about Arcadia is that the Arcadian Administration and the guilds are the ones in control of the government and public protection part of the country."

"The guilds act as everything from construction crews to bounty hunters to private investigators for the towns they serve. The AA keeps the guilds in-line and runs the army. Her Highness, the Queen, is who writes the laws and whatnot. As for laws... Don't murder, don't steal, don't molest, et cetera... There isn't anything too special about our laws. Do you have any questions?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:17 pm

The Night Fort [Closed] Header_zpsoyo4ehxn

“Arcadia sounds like a nice place. I have heard mostly positive things about it, though strange rumors do run through Ezon occasionally. Is it true the moon looks purple when you’re in Arcadia? How about the ground, is it truly rich with Arcana? Ezon has some Arcana, but it does not have the abundance Arcadia is said to have.” Saitou was curious and enjoying the conversations the two were having. Emilia was pleasant to talk to. Any time he got the chance, he asked about Arcadia’s traditions and other customs, but later in the conversation, he chose to ask about her. “So do you have a family?” was his first question, but then he went to, “Are you an Arcanist like so many in Arcadia are?”

By the end of her answer, night had fallen and the breeze that came off the ocean was extremely comforting and cool. “The sun is down; I’m coming out of here now.” Saitou pushed the wooden shelter up and off of him. With how many rocks were on it, you’d think that’d be difficult, but it wasn’t for him. He pushed it up and tossed it to the side. He then stood up, dusted the sand off of his clothes and hair, and then looked to Emilia. He nodded and bowed respectfully, his mystic blue eyes meeting her crimson ones. “I’m glad to finally see the woman I’ve been talking to.” he said as the breeze picked up and blew her scent to him, “I know it may be an odd compliment, but your hair smells wonderful.”

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Ah, the purple moon rumor. "Arcadia does have the highest concentration of Arcana in the world, yes. As for the purple moon... That is right and wrong. In the northern half of Arcadia, the moon can be covered with the Aurora Borealis, which can make it look anything from red to purple to green. It's quite a view, although it's a rare thing to see. I recommend going to Courtlyn to see it if you get a chance. You'll never forget it."

"I have a mother, father, aunts, uncles, and cousins... but no siblings of my own. And I do not have children either. And I really can't see myself having one either. I like my job too much to quit, and I wouldn't want to deprive my child of a mother, so I think it's best for me not to have one. I help more people this way... But that's neither here nor there." His next question caught her a bit off-guard. Usually people don't ask that, even in Arcadia. "Yes, I am. Although, it is not why I am where I am today. It usually doesn't help my patients or me, so I don't use it often."

Emilia stood up when he said he was coming out. She took out one of the instant-light torches in her pouch, still smiling. "You're somehow younger than I imagined. You spoke like you were twice your age." Emilia bowed too, although it was a lighter bow. "O-oh? Thank you. Although it is odd, it's nice that someone points it out. 'Peaks of Nargundin' is the name of my shampoo... I really, really wish we could rename those mountains." Emilia shook her head, then motioned for Saitou to follow her.

"And this may be odd, but you do have pretty eyes." Emilia pointed out to the ocean and the moon's reflection on its waves. "They remind me of that out there, where the light of the moon breaks on the waves. I sent my last soldiers away with the last two bodies we found ten minutes ago, so we're in private now." Emilia stopped on the beach, turning to him. "Why didn't you want to go out into the sun? Do you have a scar that you don't want others to see? Are you injured in somewhere embarrassing? I'm a doctor and a woman. I've seen the male body plenty of times, so if it's something like that that's bothering you, let me know. I want to help you, Saitou."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:52 pm

“Courtlyn.” Saitou filed that name away for later. It was a sight that’d be nice to see. “That’s a shame. The sound of your voice and kind nature tells me you’d be a wonderful mother, though I doubt the job is for everyone. Helping people is a beautiful goal to replace it.” Saitou didn’t mean to catch her off guard with his question. He could tell only by the hesitance and slight change in her tone as she answered that he might have asked something wrong. Since she answered and her voice went back to normal, he decided not to ask anything more about it. His compliment was honest. Her scent was the first thing he noticed. The second was her red eyes, which caught him off guard, but he held firm. Being from Ezon, red eyes weren’t the most attractive thing, but neither were his blue ones, so it mattered little to him. “I learned a lot from the man who taught me. I get it from him.”

Saitou followed her along like she asked. He had kept his word and come out of the shelter. He looked back toward the ocean and around the beach. Most people had been taken care of; they were likely evacuated to the village she had previously spoken of. When she spoke up again, she was finally able to catch him off guard. He was taken aback and a blush appeared in faint red on his cheeks. He hoped she couldn’t see it because of the dark, but it was likely still possible. “Thank you.” he said, forcing himself to regain his composure. His eyes being complimented was new. The next bit actually pushed him over the edge. “N-No!” he shook his hands in front of him, “N-Nothing like that, I swear! I mean... I’m not hurt, especially somewhere embarrassing!” He looked away and rubbed his head. “Recently, my skin has reacted strangely to the sun; it burns, so I avoid it. That way is safer for me.”

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:12 pm

Emilia stared almost a bit hard at him, warning him to tell the truth. "Hmm... That can be caused by quite a lot of things. Are you taking any new medication?" Emilia turned around and began walking again. She also motioned for him to follow. "So it's not medication. Does your family have any history of being sensitive to the sun? About how long ago did this start?" She was making notes of this in her head while asking him the questions.

"This must be a bit awkward... telling a doctor your medical status all while walking along a moonlit beach. It's something lovers do, not a doctor and her patient." Emilia had a happy tone to her voice. "For the time being, limiting your exposure to the sunlight will be best. Traveling at night might not be a bad idea, but be careful. The Arcana concentration also affects animals too. We have some... interesting creatures in Arcadia."

After a short while, Emilia stopped. "One moment... You'll have to forgive this lady's childishness for the night." Emilia began to take off her shoes and socks. Her toenails were painted a bright, bright blue with a white stripe down the middle. As she tried to balance on her left foot, she stumbled and fell into Saitou. With a blush, she pushed herself away after a moment of holding him near. He was slightly cool to the touch. "S-sorry. I never had good balance on that leg." She finished and then wiggled her toes in the sand. Emilia continued her conversation as she walked along. "Tell me more about you, Saitou. You seem like an interesting person."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:45 pm

“No, I do not take any medication and usually don’t have to unless I’ve got a cold or the flu.” he replied. Her next question caused him to hesitate on his answer. “I wouldn’t know. I’m adopted.” he said, keeping the information brief on that subject. He didn’t like his parents, so he didn’t give a damn about learning anything about them. “It started about a week ago. I had an incident back home. I was attacked and woke up with things changed for me.” he explained, pain ringing out from his soft voice as he spoke of it, “The one who attacked me... I’ve wondered if she infected me with something. Besides my main goal, I did come to Arcadia hoping to find a doctor that could help. I’m pretty lucky.”

Saitou had no comment on the awkwardness of the conversation. In his mind, she was a doctor. He wasn’t paying attention to the moonlit beach, but since she was a woman, it made sense why she was. He did not mean for anything to come off awkward, so he kept silent on that. “I’ve heard of some creatures that exist here, but not in Ezon. I’m looking forward to seeing some of them. I’ve never seen a dragon, taerick, or one of those little puff ball things that reproduce like crazy. I’d like to pet one.” he explained with a child-like excitement, but was still his calm self. He stopped when she stopped and watched her take off her shoes. The sand was cool, so he couldn’t blame her for that.

Saitou didn’t budge when she fell toward him. She was light and a mere fall wasn’t going to push him down. Instead, he caught her and held her up until she pulled away. “That’s fine; no reason to apologize for an accident.” he said with a small smile. He could just barely see that blush; she was cute, even for an Arcadian. The two continued on and Saitou wasn’t sure what to tell her. “I have a hard time pulling randomness from my personality or past just to tell someone about myself. I’m more adept at answering questions that people ask me, but there is one part of my life I enjoy speaking of.” He reached for the katana at his side, “I’m pretty good with a sword; it’s the only thing I know I love to do. My master, who recently died, taught me from a young age... Oh, how far is the village?”

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:42 am

"Well, we'll definitely get you a full examination. I'll ask you some more detailed questions when we get back to the village." Saitou then spoke about what he knew of Arcadia, and it was interesting to see what Ezon taught about this kingdom. "Ah, the poro. Trust me, you'll never forget them. They're cute, but..." Emilia looked overly-tired and twice her age for a moment. She was remembering the paperwork she had to do on poros as a member of the AA. "They are suuuuuuuch a pest for public works. Some towns have bans on keeping them as pets."

Emilia didn't flinch when he reached for his sword, but her eyes went hard for a moment. She was ready to pull something out to defend herself if he tried anything. But she didn't think he would. "That's fine. It's hard for me to talk about myself too. The village is about another twenty minutes from here." Emilia looked out over the water. "I wish the ocean looked this pretty in the daytime. What kind of beaches do you have in Ezon? It's an island, so I assume there are multiple kinds... but what have you seen over there?"

Soon, they reached the village and Emilia led Saitou to a tent marked with a big red plus sign. Inside was a bed and a curtain. "Go on, sit down. We'll begin your examination." Emilia grabbed a clipboard and began writing things down. "How do you spell your name?" Emilia asked a few other questions, his birthday, blood type, etc. "Now, tell me about this attack you had happen last week."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:25 pm

"Hm..." Saitou tilted his head curiously when he saw that change. Poro's really must be a problem. "Do they provide meat? Or anything else tha would be beneficial for people? If not, keeping around because they're cute is silly. If they're pests, maybe creating a spray or repelent the same way some created for bugs wouldn't be a bad idea. It's either that or figure out a way to make them unable to reproduce. No matter what, I imagine the public will whine about something so cute being altered or destroyed." His idea was sound and logical, but not many would agree. Arcadians are people who respected the land and everything on it. Getting them to back that kind of plan would be hard.

"The beaches all vary and are a big reason we get so many terrorists." Saitou took a moment and realized what he said, "I'm sorry. Tourist is the word I should have said, though I can't say I meant to say it. Zakatians, Arcadians, Illvasarians, and those of Rel Inerium have no problem coming and tossing trash out into the ocean, leaving behind their junk. If we dare ask them to clean up after themselves, they scoff and laugh in our faces. I hope Ezon closes it's border soon. If others refuse to respect something as simple as pick up your own trash, then why should we allow anyone in? I have never heard a complaint about Ezonians going abroad and messing things up, only the opposite."

They reached the village and Saitou followed where he needed to go. He sat on the bed like he was asked and looked around like a curious child with a straight face. "Saitou, Ess Ey Eye Tee Oh You. Hajime, Eich eh jay eye em ee." Saitou thought back to the day of the attack and his face quickly changed. He didn't like thinking about it. "People were panicking. I heard my master scream, so I rushed to him. When I got there, a woman stood over his lifeless body. She was injured, but not bleeding. She turned to me and moved faster than I thought possible. Next thing I knew, I was on my back. She got over me, closer, and I blacked out. I woke up and things were different." Saitou rubbed his nose and shook his head like a dog trying to get water off it. He grabbed onto the hospital bed, clenching it tight as a violent urge crawled over him. He took a deep breath, not liking this feeling.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:03 pm

"That's the funny thing about the poros. They're too small to really provide food. Most of their body weight is in their fur. And we have yet to create a spray that lasts long. They multiply so fast, they can quickly develop a resistance to just about anything. But that's not the main problem. That initiative was very looked down upon and was abandoned. Arcadians do their damnedest to respect the land. We sometimes fail and we have the occasional person that doesn't... but we don't want to kill them unneccesarily."

Emilia giggled at his slip-up, then quickly apologized. It was a funny mix-up of words. Her expression darkened as he continued. She sighed, a slight sadness in her eyes. "Then you have dealt with the worst Arcadians we have. I'm sorry about that." Emilia gestured to out to the sand around them. "The most you see trash-wise on our beaches—save for Varedia—is driftwood and other flotsam. We try to do our best to respect the land. Some might argue too much so, but it's where we get most of what we owe our identity to. We have to preserve it."

Emilia made a note to get him to write his name down in Ezonian. She listened to the story he told. His story sounded very, very interesting. She had only heard of one or two incidents like this. The victim was hit on the head though. The thing she was remembering was the lack of bleeding. She had yet to find a disease or something that caused that. She had a few more questions about the story, but Saitou's condition made her hold off. She sat her pen and clipboard down, getting to Saitou's side. "Saitou, are you okay? You're sweating all of a sudden..." Emilia brought the lantern closer to them, so she could see him better. "Are you hurting anywhere? Do you need to vomit?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:03 pm

The tension in the room grew considerably. Saitou could hear his heart beat. No, it wasn't his. He could hear Emilia's heart. He looked to her, watching her lips move, but hearing nothing come out of her mouth. He eyed her neck, unsure of why he felt the need to bite her there. This new instinct was taking over him and he did not like it. His breathing became heavier and he scoot himself back away from her for a moment. When she brought the lantern closer, Saitou's eyes widened and sharp fangs grew from his mouth. She was too close and a scent he craved sent him over the edge, his eyes zoning hungrily in on her neck. Within a blink, Saitou snatched her wrist and pulled her toward him.

Saitou's grip was strong and firm. He pushed her back a few steps, trying to get her to the ground where things would be a bit easier on him. He wanted her pinned, so he fought until he got it. He then grabbed the back of her hair and pulled her head to the side to give himself better access to what he wanted. He opened his mouth and with an inhuman hiss, he bit down into her neck. The blood that seeped out from the wound was like candy to him. It was sweet. Why was the taste of blood something he craved!? If she tried to scream, he'd cover her mouth immediately. If she fought, he'd bite down harder and suck the blood from her neck until he felt satisfied, which he wasn't sure he would be.

Letting go was hard. It took him a while, a lot longer than a sane him would have liked. Half way into it, he felt himself gaining a bit of control again and realized he was hurting her, but couldn't bring himself to let go. Frankly, it could be compared to sex. Once you get to that point right before the end, stopping would be difficult. Finally, he pulled back, letting his elongated fangs slip out of her skin and let her go. He stayed for a moment, standing over her on all fours, a small bit of blood dripping from his mouth. He did not let it go to waste and licked it up. From there, he stood up and stared down at her like a beast that had just had a full meal, but also with fear. "What... just happened?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Emilia was trying to be nice. She was trying to be a good doctor. But not anymore. He attacked her. She tried to push him away, but he was too strong. She kicked at his shin and kneed at his groin, but nothing seemed to do anything. The pain of him biting into her neck caused Emilia to tense up. She didn't scream. Pride was one factor, but she didn't want to risk getting hit by stray fire or a bayonet. Using her free arm, she hit Saitou repeatedly with a metal pan. However, she didn't have the strength or positioning to do anything that'd hurt him.

As Saitou stood up, Emilia took her chance. With a swift, sharp sweep of her leg, she knocked Saitou to the ground. It wasn't the force of it that did that, but how sudden it was. He wasn't flat on his face, but he was down enough that Emilia felt confident in standing up. She reached behind her and pulled out her sidearm. It wasn't big on caliber. Instead, it had six barrels. It was a pistol version of a shotgun. It had a bit more reliable range, but it worked about the same way. She aimed the weapon at Saitou's head. "Get up." There was no friendliness in her voice. It had been snuffed out like a fire in a blizzard. And now, Emilia was the fierce winter storm.

Emilia held her neck with one hand, and motioned with her pistol at the bed he was sitting on before he attacked her. "I might be a doctor, but I'm also a soldier. I am not above killing you, and I would be in the right after you attacked me. So lie down, and don't make any sudden movements." If he complied, Emilia would use the leather restraints to tie him down. If he didn't, then she'd narrow her eyes and speak. "Either you lie down or I call for the guards to make you. And even if you cover my mouth, they'd still come running for the gunshot. So unless you think you can fight thirty of Arcadia's finest, I suggest you listen to me while I am still being nice."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:11 am

"I'm sorry." Saitou said  while she was seemingly tyring to get up. Saitou was a trained warrior and would have never been caught off guard in normal circumstances. When he fell, he repeated his sincere, "I'm sorry." When she pulled out the gun, "I'm sorry." When he stood up on her command, "I'm sorry." And when she told him to go lie down, "I'm sorry." He looked to where she wanted him to go and there was no way he was going to lay down there. He could see the restraints attached to the bed, so he expected what she wanted to do to him. "N-No, I can't." he refused her the first time. Her demand the second time was met with a slightly frightened shake of his head and a few steps back away from her. As he stepped back, he tripped over his own two feet and fell to his ass again. He sat there, staring directly at her with wide eyes. "If you're gonna kill me, do it, but I won't lay down and I won't attack you again. I don't even know why I did the first time. I had no plans to; I lost control of my body. I don't know what happened and I'm sorry." Saitou stood again, regaining his composure.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:47 am

Emilia sighed as she narrowed her eyes. "I don't feel comfortable with you being that close when I'm about to turn my back to you. Especially now since you said you 'lost control.' So go stand in that corner," Emilia pointed to a far away corner in the tent, "while I examine my wound." Once he complied, Emilia turned around and adjusted two tabletop mirrors. One aimed at Saitou and the other at her neck. She noticed the puncture wounds and was surprised to see no blood leaking out. The spots were tender.

Once Emilia had wrapped that with two layers of bandages, she turned around. "Alright, you can come back over. We're going to have to have a talk." She motioned for Saitou to sit once more, and she stood over him. "Do you remember attacking me? Do you remember what you did? Or did you black out?" Emilia never let her pistol out of her hand, and she made sure to stay a few feet back from Saitou. After getting her answer, Emilia took a mental note of it. "I see... What do you remember just before you attacked me? You weren't looking well. You were sweating and..." Emilia noticed something and knelt down. "And you did that." Emilia pointed to the metal frame of the bed. It was bent like one of those Zakatian soda cans. "I should have asked this before, but are you an Arcanist too? That would explain the strength needed to do that." She stood up, her pistol still tight in her grip.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:30 pm

He moved to the corner without hesitation. When she turned away, so did he. He did not notice the mirrors turned his direction. Instead, he stood there with his hands over his forehead, gritting his teeth. He was angry, but at himself. He was confused and a little frightened on what happened. Has that happened before? Has he hurt people like that? Will it happen again? Was that caused by the attack? He didn't know. Once she gave him permission to move again, he sat down like she asked. Her first question for this interrogation was one he had to think about. Did he remember it? It felt a little odd when he tried to remember. Saitou shook his head and then looked back up at her in confusion.

"I do not know. I feel like I do remember it, but at the same time I don't. It's hard to explain. I know it happened. I know what happened, but it almost feels like I was watching through the eyes of another. I truly was not in control of my own body. It's hard to comprehend that I would ever harm a woman. It is not in my nature." Saitou looked at his hands, his eyes narrowing in shame and anger at himself. As an Ezonian, he is taught to cherish every woman and treat them as if they were treasured. To harm one, especially in a way similar to how he just had, was a horrible crime that would cause others to shun you. She asked her next question and once again he had to really think about how to answer.

"How I felt before the incident?" he stared off, recalling what he was doing. Before he could answer, she pointed out the bend in the metal framing. Saitou looked at it in shock, blinking rapidly like he had to make sure it registered in his own mind right. He ran his fingers along the bent metal and then looked to his hand. He couldn't believe it. "This is going to sound disgusting and I apologize, but I think I felt excited. Not the type of excitement that one gets from doing something they enjoy, but the type one gets when needing something badly and realizing you can get it. I remember this strong urge to eat. I have not been able to enjoy a decent meal for a while now. Any time I eat, it feels like I am eating ash or soot. It's dry and flavorless, so I've been craving something decent to ea-..."

Saitou opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue like a child that had just eaten something gross. "The urge I was feeling is... is gone. I drank your blood like it was a meal and I feel satisfied?! What?!" Saitou stood up and walked over to the mirror. He stared at himself, opened his mouth to see his teeth. The fangs were slightly longer than normal, but he could have sworn they grew when he bit into her neck. His eyes became wide with anger and horror at what he was looking at: himself. He was disgusted. His eyes glanced over to Emilia in the mirror and then he turned around to her.

"What kind of-... Wh-... I don't und-... What is wrong with me? What kind of person feels better after drinking the blood of another. Am I sick? Or cursed? Have you even heard of something like this before?" He was desperate and not giving her any time to answer. In a panic, he grabbed onto her arms a little too tightly. He didn't mean to and really didn't even realize his own strength. "Please, you must help me." Saitou said desperately, looking her directly in the eyes, hoping she'd say yes.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Emilia listened carefully to what Saitou said. And he said a lot. Honestly, most of it wasn't important. Well, it wasn't helpful. That's the better way to word it. If it had happened to her, she probably could have better explained it. Right? ...Right? The more he talked, the more she thought that no, she could not have. "'And so said the scorpion, It's in my nature.' Violence is within all of us—even me. " The role of 'nature' or 'nurture' wasn't part of this act.

"At least you didn't say aroused." Emilia said with a cocked eyebrow as he said "excited." She let him continue, still noting down what he said. "Quite a few things cause taste buds to do that." Emilia tried to look at his tongue from a distance when he opened his mouth, but her eyes went wide as he spoke. "Wait, wait, wait... You drank my blood? Was that what you were biting into my neck for?" Emilia felt around for the tender spots on her neck... and sure enough, they were on her jugular.

As soon as Saitou grabbed Emilia's arms, she pressed her pistol hard into his stomach. "Let go of me." As soon as he did, she exhaled. "To answer your question, I simply don't know. There are many, many different things that can cause one or two of your symptoms, but I don't think you would have all of them. And the 'blood drinking' doesn't register to anything medical. You could very well be cursed, but that is an oddly specific curse."

Emilia looked at Saitou with pitied eyes. "I don't think I can help you." Before Saitou could say anything or turn away, Emilia raised a finger. "But. I know where we can go to find out more about what this is. I can get you in there with little problem. But we're going to have to set some rules. One, no attacking me or anyone else for blood. I will kill you if you do that again." Emilia was quite rigid on that, and it was obvious she wouldn't hesitate. "If you start feeling like you need some, I'll give you a blood bag. ...Not a person, but some blood we have stored for transfusions. Can you agree to those? If you can, I'll see what I can do about getting you some help."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am