Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Shooting Stars [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Shooting Stars [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Shooting Stars [Closed] Empty Shooting Stars [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:13 am

Shooting Stars [Closed] Header%204_zpsr5nljrjv

This was harder than she thought and she wasn't sure how to handle it. Reaper was an interesting man, one that she respected quite a lot, but that wasn't it. Reaper had come to hold a piece of Selena's heart, even if he was currently unaware of it. She cared for him, deeply. His thoughts on the world were unique and selfless. He was a man willing to sacrifice every part of himself to protect a world that would not do the same for him. It was why Selena was so determined about him. If he was going to live this life to sacrifice himself, then she would do her best to aid him in his goal, but was it worth it? So much of her heart told her to keep with him, but her mind was telling her otherwise. He was pretty dark and it was messing with her mind. She had done a few things that she normally would not have, without hesitation, to prove her loyalty to him. Was she regretting these things now?

Selena couldn't answer any of the questions that plagued her mind. She was clouded, uncertain of tomorrow, today, and yesterday. It was like she was living each day by the string of this man. It was hurting her, but with how he was hurting himself for others, could she not continue to deal with this burden for him? For once, he was not alone, right? Even though he felt he'd be fine alone, a few incidents in their time together proves him otherwise. It's quite possible that without her, he'd be dead. And with these thoughts confusing her, Selena found herself quiet most of the time. The week they had alone together in this safe house felt so long. She spent most of her time outside. Eye contact between the two of them was even rarer than the blind woman usually gave. She was avoiding him still and he'd likely noticed, but had yet to say anything, which was honestly fine with her.

One night, Selena set up a fire outside of the safe house. She made sure it was quite a ways down from the house, but had forgot to make sure that Reaper knew where she was going. Luckily, the flames were obvious. She sat on a log, staring into the motionless pit of fire that only barely gave her an image. It's heat was what showed her it was still blazing. She had her elbows sitting on her knees and she was silent. She had her chains buried around the area about one hundred feet out, allowing her to sense anyone that wasn't Reaper if they were getting too close. She was out there for a good fifteen minutes before she felt someone approaching. She immediately recognized the size, frame, and posture of the one approaching, but beyond that, she was able to tell it was him because of that damn outline. She could see bits of everyone else but him. She cursed his strange armor sometimes.

"Mm... Sorry... J..." she spoke up with a sigh as he got closer, still staring into the fire, "I should have told you I came out here... I just needed some fresh air... I guess."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Shooting Stars [Closed] Empty Re: Shooting Stars [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:11 am

Shooting Stars [Closed] Header4

Although he won't admit it, the Reaper was feeling something for Selena Loret. It wasn't love. It wasn't hate. It wasn't lust. It wasn't envy. It wasn't anything that the Reaper could place. And worst of all? The Reaper didn't know if he liked it or not. Maybe he did care for her. Maybe he did want to spend more time with her, allow her to bear his children. Or maybe he just wanted someone to be his shadow, his eyes and ears when he wasn't able to see or hear.

It kept the Reaper up that night. Stars shone in the night sky above, and the Reaper, fresh out of a bath, couldn't help but to wonder which would be the next to fall. There were so many in the sky, maybe one for each person. So which was his, or was his already long-gone by now? Apparently Zakatian scientists were saying that many of those stars were dead and dust by now, but the Reaper didn't believe any of that gobbledygook. In fact, he did believe that there was a star for every person. That was why the night sky meant something to him.

But the pale blue moonlight reflecting off of the lake was parted by an orange glow in the distance. A flame by the lakeshore was lit, and the Reaper could see a shadow by it. He called out to Selena inside the house, nothing. It was probably her then. He threw on his coat and walked outside. He wasn't trying to be sneaky, but he didn't say anything as he approached. Which was well and all. He couldn't sneak up on Selena. She was just too damn good.

"Selena, there is no need to apologize." The Reaper took a seat beside her. "Fresh air does wonders for the mind, and being warm probably does not hurt either." The Reaper spoke almost differently than he had before. His tone was not stiff, but flowing. His words seemed to carry an effortless weight behind them, as if he was speaking something he believed. "Unfortunately, you can't see the stars in the heavens above. They are beautiful tonight."

It had been a week since the Reaper had regained his sight. He had a newfound appreciation for the sense. "I mean no offense with that." The Reaper looked out on the lake for a while before speaking up again. "Selena, you have been quiet since last week. Are you ill? Or is this perhaps that time of the month with females?" The Reaper had no tact, but his tone still seemed more... concerned. Selena was, at this moment, his eyes and ears when he could not see and hear. If something were ailing her, he might just try to do something to stop it.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:13 am

Shooting Stars [Closed] Header%204_zpsr5nljrjv

That was one thing the two of them agreed on. The fresh air was quite comforting. It almost cleared your mind when you were able to sit and enjoy the breeze. The sound of the water in the lake gently moving around made it even more comfortable. She nodded lightly, "Yeah." That was all the blind woman could say at the moment. His tone was different. She could not place it's meaning, but the way he was talking felt much lighter than normal. He spoke about the stars and the heavens in a way that brought on a light smile. When he had to confirm the lack of offense, she chuckled. "No worries... I know how you mean it." Selena said softly, listening to the flickering of the fire, "I'm sure they are beautiful tonight. The air is clear... I can only imagine the night sky is as well. I'm glad that you can at least see it, so just enjoy it for the both of us... okay?" She sounded like she was asking a favor then.

Reaper then brought it up. She thought he'd end the question at her possibily being ill, but when that second bit came up, Selena's expression dulled and she turned her face toward him. Her eyes fixated on the blank outline of his head and raised an eyebrow. "Trust me, hun... If it was that time of the month, you wouldn't be standing here." Selena said and reached up to grab locks of her hair with each hand, "My hair turns into snakes, I grow fangs, my eyes become red, and I hiss a lot... Some even told me I try to suck their blood when I'm angered... Of course, this only happens when my mind is clear. When I'm stressed, worried, or working on something, I do not become Serpent-Woman. That would be why I didn't change last week... Had... other things to take care of..." Selena was obviously referring to Reaper's blind scare. She crossed her arms over her legs and rested her chin on them again.

"No, no... I am fine, not ill." she said softly, "I just haven't had much to say. I've been thinking more than talking recently... I guess I've been unsure of a lot of things, so I'm trying to work them out..." Selena fell silent for a few moments, nothing but the sounds of the night forest and lake being heard. Even her breathing was calm enough to not be heard. "J..." she spoke up and broke the silence, "Do you... really not think it's possible to go back? I mean... You say that... well, you're destined to live your life this way, but... I just... I can't believe that's true. Why can't you turn back...?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:48 am

Selena... There were times the Reaper wondered just how crazy she actually was. She was crazy enough to care for him, so what the hell else was there? The thought of her being a Gorgon did enter his mind just then, and it wasn't as a joke. Who knew with this world. But the more she talked, the more he realized he had just hit a nerve or something. She was joking, more or less. But she still had something to say, something deep in her mind. She said she was thinking more than talking. That was normal. She was unsure of a lot of things. Also normal.

But it what she said a moment later that caught him off-guard. The Reaper blinked in surprise. He then took off his mask, allowing her to hear him clearly. His scarred lips and face ached with the wind, but he shrugged it off. She was still that idealistic. She was still that naïve. It was a warming thought in a way. Someone thought he could go back. He couldn't, but the thought was appreciated in its own way. The Reaper stared out at the water, watching the stars move on the surface.

"Going back is not an option. Selena, let me try to break this to you in a way that you might understand." The Reaper's tone was not meaning to be insulting, but rather that he would have to break this into different pieces. "One doesn't just start off where I am. It's not a single step to being on the edge of the abyss like I am. There are many, many steps before you get to this point."

"Choices, Selena. That is what brought me here. I didn't make a single choice to be where I am. I made many. No one just starts giggling and wearing black and signs up to become a villainous monster. It happens to people. Just people. They make questionable choices, for what might be very good reasons. They make choice after choice, and none of them is slaughtering roomfuls of saints, or murdering hundreds of baby seals, or rubber-room irrational. But it adds up. And then one day they look around and realize that they’re so far over the line that they can’t remember where it was." The Reaper's voice grew silent for a moment, his tone slightly pained. "And now that line is so far behind me, I can not even fathom it."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:55 am

Shooting Stars [Closed] Header%206_zpsidhvsyld

Choices. That seemed to be a theme for the creators today. Choices were what brought him here. It wasn't one, it was many. That was something she could understand. That was something she could agree with him on and for the first time in quite a while, Selena felt her mind clear. She stood up as he looked out onto the water. Selena stepped up beside him and gently ran her hand along his hair. The smile she had right now was a renewed one. Selena had always been a determined and hopeful woman, but recently she had been feeling much of that fade away. That smile showed that determination again. The words he just spoke to her had renewed that hopefulness she always had. He may call her naive. He may call her idealistic. He could even call her foolish and stupid, but the light that she felt in her heart because of those traits she had was something she did not want to let go of.

"I think I can understand that a bit more now, but..." she said softly and stepped up behind him. She turned him to face the water and laid her chin on his shoulder. "...there is something I don't understand still. You've made many, many choices in your life... and it's gotten you here. You keep choosing to walk this straight line and if you do..." Selena motioned toward the lake, "You're going to end up in deep water." She chuckled a bit and then sighed, getting back to her point. "What I mean is... You can choose to keep going and not change your direction, but what is keeping you from choosing to turn left or right? Why do you choose to stay the same? I mean, you've got opportunity after opportunity to change your path... Like me. Look at me... When I met you, I had no direction, no goal, no reason to really do... anything. I was wandering everywhere and I was constantly all by myself."

"Mom always told me that the gods don't give you what you want because you pray for it..." she continued explaining as she pulled her glasses out from her pocket and put them on, "Instead... they give you chances to change what you've got. They give you signs and throw obstacles at you to help you learn. When they do, you choose to take those chances or you don't..." Selena looked to him with a sweet smile and slid her hand into his own. "Now look around you, J. Right now, you have nothing in this world forcing you to do anything you don't want to do. It is your choice. You have signs and opportunities all around, giving you that moment where you can take the path that you want to take, where you can control your own destiny... And it may sound conceited, but I feel like I might be one of those signs... One that is supposed to show you that there is no set path, only your choice."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:39 am

Selena wasn't wrong. What she said wasn't wrong at all. But was she right? The Reaper didn't know. It didn't confuse him. He understood her perfectly. It did, however, make his mind turn in a way that he hadn't known it could. Choice. That's what this was really about. He had been reading her words as a choice to go back. Her rants about how he was standing at the edge of an abyss weren't about going backwards. They were about going left or right, seeing if there was a bridge to the other side.

That's what Selena was talking about. That's what she meant by it all. It all cleared up in a way that made him understand her better. Maybe if he had said something like this in the first place, she would have caught on quicker. But he had made a choice not to. A choice in subconscious, of course, but a choice nonetheless. The choices he had made led him here. They had also led him to her. She was no longer telling him to go backwards, but to stop going in a straight line. There's bound to be a mountain that he can't cross one day on that path, so why not take the way around?

"Selena, you are right. Choices are what brought me here. Choices are what got me to this very spot. They are what robbed me of my sight a month ago and they are what forced me to make the organization I control. Choices. They are what I made when I met you as well. I could have beat you senseless. I could have killed you." There was a cold, steel tone when he said that. He meant it. He could have done it without an ounce of hesitation. "But I didn't. I waited. I let you follow me. I let you assist me."

The Reaper's gaze never left the lake. "And if I had not, I would be dead. From either the beast at the Citadel Hills or from the man who tried to blind me. You have saved my life. And you chose to do so. You could have betrayed me at either time, but you didn't. Choices. You might just be correct when you said that maybe I have a choice to go left or right instead of straight ahead. It may not take me back, as that is impossible, but the new route might be one that can give my goal attainability."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:05 am

Shooting Stars [Closed] Header%205_zpsvecx7f4f

You know, there was a moment there that Selena's heart was soaring. He was agreeing with her! She could practically dance for joy right now, but when that final sentence came into play that changed. She sank, again. His goal, huh? Assuming it was the same goal that he had been talking about since they met, Selena's mood fell right back to what seemed like her normal recently. She missed the days where she could just be cheerful and happy, but as she had just explained, her own choices brought her here. Selena just kept up a smile, obviously forced and lacking of that light it had a moment ago. He didn't get it and at that point, she realized there was a high chance that he never would. "Right." was all she said. She gave a nod and walked away again, returning to her log to sit again. For the first time since they met, Selena actually thought about giving up and just leaving.

"Alright masked man..." a voice rang out from the shadows. Selena's heard skipped a beat. She jumped up and turned around, moving to take off her glasses. "You better have a good ass reason for calling me to this meeting as well." the approaching person, obviously a woman by her voice, spoke out again and emerged from the surrounding forest. Selena decided not to remove her glasses and got a good look at the woman who showed up. She obviously knew Reaper and had been called here. The woman who came forward was pale in skin and hair, but a beauty that was hard to compare to. Selena couldn't help but look her up and down, but not with awe. Instead, it was with annoyance. Lilith looked to the long haired woman with the glasses with an eyebrow raised and a hand on her hip. She didn't appreciate the annoyed look Selena had and was ready to smack her across the face for it.

"Who the hell are you?" the two said in unison, both annoyed at each other. They both scoffed and looked to Reaper. "Who the hell is she?!" they said again, pointing at each other. The two looked angrily back toward each other and just stared. They both took on stances that said they were ready to fight too. Selena once again went to remove her glasses so she could actually fight, but stopped half way through. The anger in her eyes faded to indifference and she waved Lilith off. "I don't care." Selena turned and walked off. She could be seen pulling off her glasses and a moment later, two chains shot up from the ground right next to her. One wrapped around her waist and another lifted her into the air, placing her in a tree about one hundred feet away from the two. "... Uh... Bad time?" Lilith asked Reaper with her eyebrow still raised, "You two love birds have a fight or something?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:47 am

The Reaper had no idea what he said came off wrong. He just noticed Selena tensing up. Maybe his goal was incorrectly stated. What the Reaper wishes for is a stable world. A "peaceful" world. A world like what he was looking out at this time. If he had to say what a perfect world would be like, he would describe this very night. A clear sky, a slightly-chilly springtime breeze, and a still lake all made this night ideal to him. The warmth of the fire was good too. But there was one factor that Reaper would not understand, and thus not be able to mention. The Reaper felt something for Selena. To be honest? Selena was a facet of his life now. Losing her would be like losing a button on his favorite shirt. It just wouldn't work right.

But the stupid, stubborn idiot didn't understand that. Love was something that he didn't know about. It wasn't imprinted on him. What he saw were liabilities and assets. But Selena was more than that. She wasn't just an ally. She was far from a liability now too. But what was she? The oaf kept that thought in the back of his mind, not telling her or anyone. He'd do what he always did. He'd find that answer out himself, alone. He didn't need help, but he didn't know how to tell when he wanted it.

When a familiar feminine voice shattered the silence, the Reaper immediately threw on his mask and stood up. It's saved his life in the past, going to that first. He shot out an arm out to Selena to keep her from taking offensive action. There was only one woman that brazen (well, two women now) to call him out like that. "Ah, Shadow." That was when the Reaper noticed the tension between the women. He couldn't read situations well, but this was in pictures. He tensed, ready to jump in and prevent them from fighting.

Had the Reaper been more light-hearted, he would have laughed at them speaking in unison. Had he been more stupid, he would have thought them to be under some mind-control spell. The Reaper was neither of those things, so he didn't get to appreciate such a moment. That was when Selena walked off. That was definitely odd. He was one to notice changes in behavior (it was how he determined that he was being deceived while blind). He'd talk to her about it more later.

Love birds? Them? Really? Really. Why would anyone think that? He sighed. "I do not believe the phrase 'Love Birds' refer to us, Shadow." The Reaper's tone was annoyed, and he sat back down. "I should have expected you to arrive much earlier than the rest. Which is good. There is something I must inform you of." The Reaper cleared his throat for once. It was something he rarely did.

"That woman, hereby known with the initial S, will be joining the Night Nine, taking the now-vacant position of Stalker. She has assisted me personally for a few months now. I believe she has the skills necessary for our grand goal. But most importantly, I can trust her. She knows what it is I do, and she hasn't shied away yet." The Reaper's tone was solid. This was a decision he had made, and there was no going back on it. "The other thing I have called the meeting for... There was an assassination attempt on my life. It coincides with the assassination attempts on the leaders around the world. Someone tried a big play, and it seems to have backfired. They also have killed Jurgens. The messages have probably been intercepted, and they will be trying a raid on the safehouse here on the scheduled meeting day. I intend to turn the tables on them."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:36 am

Shooting Stars [Closed] Header%201_zpsu9jxcsuz

"You sure about that, Reap.?" Lilith asked about the love bird comment, "Or are you just not understanding the 'love' thing again? She didn't exactly seem happy that another woman showed up, ya know?" Lilith just smiled and winked at him, but then waved the conversation off, asking him to explain what the hell was going on. So the purple one was a new member, hm? Interesting. "Assassination attempt?" Lilith questioned, crossing her arms, "Actually, I did hear something about that. There was also word that Arakawa, the Lord General of Cieria, was actually poisoned in some way during that attack... The people who launched it also were able to get into the private quarters of Brauk's Regent General and attacked the Guild Master of Aria Grand during a festival in Colburn... I fear whoever is doing this has spies in many places or a power that we cannot even comprehend."

"Either way... they some how have the locations and schedules of really powerful people... I am surprised by one thing though..." Lilith's eyes narrowed and she looked off toward the lake, "Not a single one of the Grand Council members of Arcadia had an attack on their lives." That information was disturbing. Could Arcadia be making some sort of move? But why would they attack their own guild if that was the case? The situation was vague; they needed more information. Lilith just sighed and stretched. "Well, this is stuff we can talk about at a later date, during the meeting. If someone is foolish enough to attack, I'll take care of them. It's probably a good idea for you to go take care of your girlfriend." Lilith immediately put up a hand to signal him not to say anything, "You can deny it all you want, but if she's stuck around... She's either stupid or special. You know that answer."

"She cares about you and only scum ignore something like that." Lilith told him and turned back toward the safe house, "Don't turn into scum, Reap. I wouldn't stick around if you had fallen that far."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:41 am

That information... it would definitely be useful. He hadn't heard that no one on the Grand Council had been hit. "That information will be highly valuable, Shadow. I'll be sure to send someone to get more information about the Grand Council. We have been lacking in updates from the lately." The rest she was right about. Wait. Girlfriend? The Reaper arched an eyebrow at that. He didn't immediately correct her, as she signaled him not to. But she could tell that he was saying that she wasn't his girlfriend.

Special or stupid? She might be naïve, but she wasn't stupid. But was Selena Loret special to him? The answer was yes, she was. The Reaper knew that Selena was something to him. She was definitely someone that made him feel, dare he say it, safer. She could see where he couldn't. She could hear where he couldn't. She was his eyes, his shield, and his bow. He could be his own armor and his own sword. He didn't need her to do that for him. Instead, she had her own purpose to him.

"I have not fallen any. I have not ignored it, but as you've said before—you know me." The Reaper stood up and walked past Lilith, placing a hand on her shoulder. "L. I know I have not fallen because it is her that has picked me back up." He meant that in both the literal and metaphorical sense. He would not let Lilith know of his time while blinded. He was weak during that time. Weakness wasn't something his men needed to see in him.

The Reaper found the tree she was in and walked past. He then went into the house, lighting a candle in the kitchen. He came back out about a minute later, something in his hand. The Reaper found the tree once more, and tossed what he had in his hand towards her. "Selena. Will you come down for a moment? I would rather not throw this, considering your vibrations don't work on air." The Reaper was holding a fruit. It was an apple, actually. Fresh and as red as blood. "I would also like to thank you. You have saved my life, for whatever it is worth, and have made me think in different ways. For that, I am grateful."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:08 am

Shooting Stars [Closed] Header%205_zpsvecx7f4f

The woman had kept him from falling, huh? Lilith looked to the woman sitting in the tree. A lightness spread across her features as she brought a soft smile up. Returning her attention to Reaper for a moment, she pat his shoulder before walking off. "Good. I'm glad to hear it, J." she said as she raised a hand and waved back to him, "Now go be charming and take care of her the same way." A difficult mission, indeed. Was Reaper even the type to take care of Selena that way? What would he do if her mind fell into darkness? Could he pull her out? Would he care to? Lilith was curious about this. How far would the man she knew as cold and calculating go for that woman? As the white haired woman vanished into the shadows, Lilith walked through the trees until she got to the safe house. She took up her spot on the couch and just rested, waiting for the other two to return here as well.

Her glasses now off, Selena tilted herself to looking toward the approaching Reaper. She was asked to come down, so she did as she was asked. Maneuvering her chains around her body, she ended up hanging upside down from the tree, similar to spider man from his web. If she was the one with the mask, this would make for a pretty interesting kiss scene, but that was not where her mind was at. The look on her face was disturbing, distorted to confusion and rage all at once. Her blind eyes wide in horror as she stared directly at him. She let him speak first and was suprised at his words. With a bit more maneuvering, Selena's feet were placed on the ground and she was standing in front of him like a normal person. "You're welcome..." she said lightheartedly. Her eyes softened and she smiled lightly. It meant a lot to her for him to say that, though part of her was confused about it.

"J... I need to ask..." Selena lowered her head a bit. She was trembling, as if scared. She looked back up, fist clenched tightly. "What the hell is she?" Selena asked and then pointed toward the cabin, "Lilith has no heart beat... no blood flow... she's like a stone statue unless she moves or something else is moving her... I see her no differently than I see the walls or trees. What the hell is she, J.?!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:52 am

Charming? This guy? Lilith must not know him. The Reaper was not charming. He wouldn't come in on a white horse. The Reaper didn't even like horses. He'd rather walk. Walking is good exercise, and Selena would know by now that the Reaper kept himself in shape. Everyone within Night Nine knew that he rarely skipped a day of working out in some fashion. He generally preferred to keep it to light cardio. Jogging, mainly. He had his magic for when it came to training his strength. The Reaper thought hard about what to say to Selena as he walked back to the cabin for a moment. It would have to be worded correctly, whatever he had to say.

The Reaper was glad that she came down when asked, but was unnerved by her face. What was with that expression? He must have said something wrong. Not entirely surprisingly. The only thing really sharp about Reaper was his mind, not his tongue. But she calmed down to a degree, thankfully. She smiled slightly, which was a relief. But that's when he noticed that she was shaking. Selena was... cold? No, no... That wasn't it. She was... afraid? The Reaper sighed when she asked that question... "Truth be told, even I don't know what she is. She isn't like us. I've never once seen her use any sort of Arcana. I do think..." His eyes narrowed. "That she is not human, whatever she is."

"Our former ace-in-the-hole has practically no effect on her. She is an asset that I would rather have in the organization than out and about. She might be somewhat trustworthy, but I am more wary of her than anyone else. She is the only member of Night Nine that I do not believe I have a chance at killing alone even with preparation." The Reaper spoke that last sentence coldly, detached. It was probably him overestimating his own abilities, but he did believe it. "Whatever she is, she is not an enemy as of yet. The same can be said about E, a member you will meet soon. I will give you a warning about the member X. He is a womanizer, and I would advise for you not to get close to him. If there is ever a member I wish to kill out of sheer annoyance, it is that one."

The Reaper's eyes widened back to normal, despite a sigh of annoyance. "The others, they are not like me. They are not as, as some would put it, jaded as I am. They haven't been tempered like steel, which is what provides them a different outlook and opinion on certain matters. That is another reason I keep them around. Selena, you are more different than any of them. Don't change. I'm going to need that difference sometime."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 am