Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

3 posters

Environmental Hatred [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Environmental Hatred [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:11 pm

Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 Header7

Hacil looked a bit ashamed of herself for a moment. Once again, she was feeling the icy fingers of failure tap against her spine. She could have done better, but she didn't. Elwyn handled it perfectly. If they weren't traveling, Hacil would have curled up into her "angst ball" as it was called by the Ensandraen commonfolk. She did it mentally though. Snopy was right. Nilani was her sister. She wasn't just some "random human" met on the road. Hacil would do all of that for Nilani. But would she do that for Snopy? Hacil kept quiet, her ears drooping more. She was deep in thought, and she almost tripped twice. She was not a noble person, so she couldn't just say that she'd do that to any random person. But Snopy... he was different. Snopy was helping Hacil fix her biggest mistake. That meant more to her than anything else he's done, save for saving Nilani. Saving Nilani was equal to that.

Hacil didn't look at any of them near eye-level. Meeting anyone's gaze was counterproductive to her mood right now. Hacil continued to walk with her Jahtahl across the back of her neck, but she slouched now too. It looked more like she was strapped in a pillory, and she felt like she was. "I think letting Elwyn talk to them is best." Hacil spoke in a dry tone without any emotion behind it. She was just speaking to let them know she was still paying attention. "I'll fight if it comes down to it, but let's try to get this over with quickly." Hacil's mind was telling her to run to her hiding place and just wait it out like she always did. But this was one time that she couldn't do that...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:27 am

Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 ElwynNilani_zps76d89bc4

Everyone's reaction to Snopy's reactions were... strange. Elwyn had spoken in a manner to compliment him, but he was right about the injured being slow. The problem with that was Elwyn didn't see Snopy as some animal. She has more respect for intelligent life than that. She just came off wrong, though she wouldn't see it that way. That's why she was confused by his reaction to what she had said. Nilani was luckily able to soften the situation and pretty much say what the other two didn't have the ability to. Snopy was a friend and they cared for him. They wouldn't let anything happen to him if they could help it. It seemed both Elwyn and Hacil went quiet after that. Elwyn was lost in her own confused thoughts, but not showing an ounce of it. She was good at hiding things like that.

The group continued on their way toward the elven savages and were obviously getting close. Snopy stopped everyone and asked a good question. Hacil said it would be best for Elwyn to talk to them and Nilani agreed, but she wasn't so sure. Something about this entire situation was bothering her. "I can attempt." she said and looked around for signs of them, "But I will promise nothing. If things go south, we'll go with a similar plan as back in the village. Nilani, you'll speed Snopy up and watch his back. Hacil, I want you with me. We'll be able to end them quickly. Let's just hope they don't have any skilled warriors in their ranks. I'd also like to get this done quickly. Can you guys agree to that?" Elwyn waited for their answers. Once she got it, she went forward, but was ready to fight the moment she needed.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:50 am

Environmental Hatred [Closed] - Page 2 SnopyAE_zps1054f6b7

So the plan was talk, he figured as much. Elwyn was basically in charge anyway. Hacil and Nilani were most certainly not looking forward to it. Snopy, well out of all of them he was most likely to die, so this was liable to be a riveting experience. "Well, I'm game. I guess." Risk his life for people who just tried to kill him? Hell yeah bring it on! If only he could actually be that excited. Once Elwyn got the okay, she lead the way. Which was good, if Snopy did so at this point he'd likely be killed sooner than an elf would. They might see an elf from a distance and second guess the initial attack. They continued on, but it wasn't long before they could see, at the top of the hill, a small encampment. That was all they could really call it. It wasn't a permanent village, or at least wasn't built like one. Every structure wasn't even a structure, all temporary looking. In fact there wasn't a proper source of food. Except, there was one sturdy looking structure standing above the rest, made of wood, though it does only look semi-recently erected. Nothing that had been there for a real length of time. And in it, movement. There were certainly elves there, and one of them pointed down and Snopy thought he could hear some shout, but it was too far to be comprehensible.

Snopy went to draw his crossbow, but something seemed...off. A group was coming towards them, but not in a charge. In fact their weapons didn't even seem to be drawn, although some had spears and those don't exactly sheathe well. "Well what do we have here?" The elf that spoke had dark hair, but tanned skin. All of them had similar traits in that manner. "Come to join us? I'd tell you to throw the animal in the pen with the rest, but by the weapons, your purpose is not so simple." The elf was tall, and had an insanely cold voice. It was as if he didn't have emotions. Snopy wasn't easily intimidated, but something about it sent a chill down his spine. "If that isn't the case, then tell me. What is your purpose here?" The rest of the clan seemed to be forming around in the distance, though they didn't seem to prepared for a confrontation. Either this was going to go surprisingly peacefully, or they should really be cautious with the small group that came forth.

The elf who spoke was the tallest, with pitch black hair. At his hip sat a hilt...just a hilt. It didn't appear to be attached to anything. On the shorter end, yet still tall was another man. His hair was actually closer to brown, and in one hand he held a rather brutal looking spear. Of equal height was a female, her skin was just a little lighter than the other's, though still notably tan. Unlike the leader, she appeared to have an actual sword. One of the elves was actually pretty short, while the tallest man was about 6'5, he was only about 5'5, an entire foot shorter. His hair was different from just about every elf there, it was completely white. His skin was much darker too. He was completely unarmed, yet there were numerous battle scars on his face so something told Snopy there was more to it than that. The final bit of the welcoming party was a pretty average looking member of said clan. That is, his hair was dark brown, his skin was about the average of all the other shades, and his height was about average. Yet on his back lay an insanely large battleaxe, almost larger than himself. The average looking one then bowed and spoke. "If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know." Strange that the one with the battleaxe was speaking so politely, actually nothing seemed to be adding up.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:58 am

These morons had said the wrong thing to the wrong people. The bit about putting the animal in the pen pissed Elwyn off enough that she looked to Hacil and smirked. "Roast em." Elwyn said. And in that moment, Elwyn and Hacil went on a fit of uncontrollable anger. Fire was thrown over the hill in an enraged rampage of flaming hatred burning everything in it's path. Water shot forth in a wave of fury so precise that even in it's liquid form the water cut through the thinnest blades of grass with utmost accuracy. The two sisters enjoyed this moment together as they tore through these disgusting creatures without any hesitation behind their actions... It was so easy for the two of them...

At least that is what would have happened if Elwyn had less control. In fact, she played the scene out in her head without any problems at all. She wanted to destroy these morons for daring do what she had accidentally done. Though she meant it in a far less insulting way, she should never have compared Snopy to a pack-mule. She hadn't originally done it, but Nilani's response was much more friendly and actually helped him understand what they actually meant. Thank god for Nilani...

Anyways, Elwyn bit her tongue and kept composure. She eyed Hacil for a moment and nodded to her as a way of saying "I know. Pissed me off too. Just don't do anything rash." The last thing Elwyn wanted was to get her sisters and friend killed. She took a deep breath and step forward. "I have come to understand that you and your tribe have chosen to attack a nearby village on multiple occasions. I do not know your reasons, though something tells me it's for supplies." Elwyn began speaking as she observed them all. She kept her guard up, noticing they were being surrounded in some fashion. She was particularly interested in the more polite one. There was a story there. "I must ask if you're aware of the treaties that most of the Elven clans in Arcadia have in place. I have heard that some Cierian tribes have been migrating to these lands, which is fine, but there are... rules that need to be followed. Are you aware of them?" With every moment, Elwyn was becoming more uneasy...

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:08 pm

The one that disturbed Hacil the most was the one with the voice like the first harsh bite of winter. It had the hint of a rasp to it, like someone who had enjoyed a fire they started for far too long. Hacil didn't hear it as if he were emotionless. To Hacil, he had a wintry enjoyment hidden behind his words. His lean face didn't show a smile, but Hacil saw it in his eyes. He was the one Hacil was worried about out of the entire clan that she could see. She kept her eyes in his direction, her Jahtahl ready to knock his skull in.

Hacil examined all of the threats that came into view. The shorter one probably had a hidden weapon or he was an anima-focused fighter was Hacil's guess. Elwyn would probably be a better match against him. The one with the battleaxe also worried Hacil. She'd probably have to fight him too, as she was the only one capable of blocking a blow from that thing without using Anima. Hacil hadn't even noticed Elwyn's signal she was so into thinking on who to strike first. Any of them could hurt Nilani or Snopy easily. But protecting the two combat-inexperienced members were undoubtedly the Ensandrean's best warriors.
    Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:30 am

An animal was all he felt like he was being treated as today.  If he wasn't so much weaker than the others, HE'D be knocking some skulls in, but odds were these guys could fight, and fight well.  I suppose I should just drop back and hope to get a good shot at someone.  As Elwyn talked Elven politics, Snopy raised an eyebrow at the female in the opposing group.  She was looking at him...strangely to say the least.  The leader of the strange clan showed no emotion on his face.  "We are well aware of such...treaties, as you call them.  We simply find them to he archaic.  Do you not know the nature of humans."  Snopy's attention snapped back to the leader.  OHBOYHEREWEGO...AGAIN.  There have been a lot of those moments lately.  "Enlighten me."  Snopy said with a cocked eyebrow.  He wanted to hear JUST what this fuck had to say about, what was he called earlier?  An animal?  "An impossible task, it is your inability for enlightenment that forces our hand."  Really?  What a fucking buzz kill.  There wasn't anything interesting to even counter with, cause he'd be countering something that wasn't interesting.  "You humans are violent.  You start petty wars over petty issues.  Land, wealth, rage.  You're dangerous and unpredictable."  Snopy's eye was twitching.  "You fight amongst yourselves, and when something is different you reject it, and try to abolish it.  You see our kind and murder them because they're different, you have no right to freedom."  Snopy knew all the number of things wrong with this.

"Oh?  And elves are saints, is that is?"  He cocked his head to the side.  "Not saints, but we can be taught.  We can be enlightened.  Some don't accept our way of thinking, but they find themselves dead or assimilated before long."  Wait what?  "Wait, what?  You just said humans are evil because of their violence over petty things, and yet you kill those that you can't force to agree with you?  That's so hypocritical."  The elf actually chuckled at that.  "An animal like you wouldn't understand.  Which is why we contain animals like you.  Allowed to live, but no freedom.  Sometimes as pets."  Wait seriously?  That was sick and twisted.  "You're delusional.  You really think that if the roles were reversed, that if Elves were the ones with the giant kingdoms, everything would be peaceful?  News flash, individuality, differences, breed conflict.  The day conflict subsides, so does everything that makes life interesting."  Snopy was upset, but he was managing to speak rather composed.  He wasn't going to let himself loose his cool, not with the claims being thrown against him.  "I'm only still standing out of hope that life stops taking away everything that makes me happy...but if that's the direction this world is headed in...then I'd rather die now."

The head elf, unmoving during all of this, turned to the girl and nodded.  She nodded back, raising her hand high into the air, as a thin shard of stone formed, with an insanely sharp tip.  "You were pretty cute, sorry I have to kill you."  The leader looked to the girls.  "Whether you live or die directly corresponds to your interference in this matter."  The others all drew their weapons, except the short one who merely got into a martial arts stance.  Snopy brushed some hair out of his eyes, if anyone looked closely, there may have actually been a bit of a...spark?  "I suppose I should be thanking you.  You really put things into perspective.  If my luck doesn't turn around, maybe my life won't be worth living...but."  Snopy held up one hand to the girls, with a quick glance that said "Don't interfere".  Actually, something seemed...up with each word he spoke.  He crossed his left arm over his body, til it was behind the right side of his hip.  The girl launched the rock at high speeds, hurdling right at Snopy's heart.  "I'm not dead yet!"  As he shouted he swung his arm, suddenly there was a flash as electricity rocketed out in an arcing wave, instantaneously shattering the shard of rock just as it began to pierce the flesh in his hand, leaving a gash across it.  He held his arm extended for a moment, before drawing his hand back, raising it to his chest and observing his palm.  "I see..."  He clenched his hand into a fist.  "My luck hasn't run out quite yet."  He didn't know if that would work.  He had never performed magic, or even shown capability.  Yet through all the training with Elwyn, something was nagging at the back of his mind.  Like...something was growing inside of him.  No not a baby!  Seriously, learn biology!  Babies aren't born from dudes!  "I guess I'm not dying today...but since we can't come to a compromise, and I can't exist in a world you'd create...there is only one possible resolution."  In spite of using the hand he just gashed as his sword arm he drew his sword, the girl stepped forward knowing a fight was inevitable, and seemed to be intent on fighting Snopy specifically.  Perhaps to make up for her failed attempt to kill him.  The others all drew their weapons as well, all except the leader.  His hilt remained by his side.  "Kill them."

OOC:  The one with the battleaxe is surprisingly precise when he fights, fast, and sickeningly polite (like he doesn't ACTUALLY want to kill anyone here but he has to kinda deal), he is air but uses it mostly as self augmentation, the little one is small, angry, and scrappy.  Martial arts, earth based shit, and the one with the spear is insanely...eager to kill.  He uses fire.  Oh and they're the strongest ones in the clan so the fights shouldn't be particularly short.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:27 am

This conversation was beyond angering. Half way through it, Elwyn allowed her calm demeanor ot fade away and the anger to come forward. She clenched her fist and jaw tightly, trying to hold back the rage that swelled within her. The air began thickening, the water within it becoming heavier. Any water users in the area would quickly realize they had no control over their element right now. They couldn't even create it. All of it now belonged to Elwyn, and that was warning enough that she was one not to be fucked with. It wasn't something she could control. It was something that happened when she was extremely pissed off. It only happened twice before this day. However, this wasn't even the sight to see. The sight to behold was the normally cute and frightened Nilani. She had actually stepped up beside Snopy. The anger in her eyes was obvious and extremely rare. Elwyn had only seen it once and that was not a good day for anyone. It was one of those things you could watch once, but never again.

Unfortunately, the eldest and youngest were concentrated on different things. Nilani was stepping forward, ready to yell at the woman that was attacking Snopy. She was ready to fight, even though it'd likely get her killed. And no one expected what happened next. "Kill them." And with that, Elwyn had her reason to turn to Snopy and suddenly strike him in the back of the head hard enough to knock him out. With a clenched jaw and heavy breathing, Elwyn took a moment to calm her outward appearance down. She looked to the leader of this group, ignoring the horrified stare she was getting from Nilani. "I apologize for his outbursts. I will return and maybe then we can speak in a more civilized manner." Elwyn's words were like venom. They felt of nothing more than anger and the intent to kill, though Nilani and Hacil would be the only ones to understand the difference in tone. To everyone else, she was just pissed at Snopy. Elwyn bowed, feeling sick to her stomach as she did, and picked Snopy up.

Elwyn moved as far as she could from that tribe, making sure none of them were stupid enough to follow them. They found a small like and Elwyn set Snopy down, leaning his body up against a tree and splashing water on his face. Nilani was in such shock that she was a good thirty feet behind Elwyn when they walked off from the tribe and it had stayed that way. Once Snopy was set down, Nilani took a moment and then walked straight up to Elwyn and slapped her across the face. Elwyn was stunned, but said nothing when she looked back to Nilani. Nilani stood her ground. The young one's fists were clenched so tightly that they were shaking. Elwyn blinked once before turning away and walking away from them and sitting down about twenty feet away from them in her own silence. Nilani turned to Snopy and waited for Snopy to wake, if he wasn't already awake, and immediately apologized for what Elwyn did when he opened his eyes. "Are you okay?" Nilani asked in a panic, hoping he wasn't too mad.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Hacil was ready to charge forth—aiming for the battleaxe-wielding one. But the thunk she heard wasn't one of the enemy elves. It was Snopy. Hacil turned around to see Elwyn catching Snopy as he fell. She raised an eyebrow, then heard the venom in her sister's words. Fighting words, they were not. They were the telltale signs an old farmer felt before a ravaging storm. Hacil stopped and stepped back, her Jatahl still lowered in a sweeping stance. Hacil kept an eye on the group's back as they retreated, but she stayed quiet. She had many words to say, but now wasn't the time. Although they might not have caught it, Hacil spent a bit too long glancing back in the direction of the village. Thankfully, none of the dark-skinned elves followed them by the time they reached the lake. Snopy was unconscious, Elwyn was carrying him, and Nilani was combat-inexperienced. All of the fighting would be on Hacil's shoulders. Which wasn't good, because Hacil wasn't there.

After getting to what she felt was a safe distance away, Hacil had split from her sisters and Snopy. She doubled back... and had returned to the village. Elwyn would know her sister's temperment enough to piece it together, but it might be too late by the time she did. Hacil leaned motionless against a tree. A curtain of fire surrounded her, preventing anyone from entering. She was bloody, and not just from her own wounds. Her bustier was charred and letting her ladies fly about, and she had a few new small wounds. The biggest threat to her health was a gash across her hip, which she had cauterized herself. Her jatahl, whose handle was made of wood that didn't burn easily, was charred from her tight grip. Four of the temporary structures were in blazes or had already burned down. Ten bodies littered the village, none with sword wounds. Some had misshapen heads, while others had burns that were the cause of their death. Hacil had decided to try to one-man-army the entire village. And she had failed.
    Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:11 am

Welp, he went down alright. And he was out. Elwyn had killed the moment, though it wasn't like he was conscious to realize it. They were taken quite a distance, and Elwyn had really clobbered him. Honestly, though it was small, he bled a little. Like seriously small. Like no one would know because there would not even be remotely close to enough to be felt if he rubbed his head. The water didn't immediately wake him, though he did stir. By the time he woke Elwyn was off on her own and Nilani was sitting over him. "Two can be as bad as one..." Snopy muttered, then shot up. "...buT ONE IS THE LONELIEST..." Snopy blinked. He blinked again, then looked to Nilani. Then he blinked once more. "Uhh...you didn't just hea..." He felt a pain on the back of his head. "OW, son of a...what the hell happened." He had such a piercing headache right now. Quite quickly, Nilani explained exactly what happened. He blinked. Then looked at Nilani. Then blinked. Then looked at Elwyn. Then blinked...and where the fuck was? You know what, nevermind. Then he blinked again. "Are you okay?" Snopy just chuckled. "Am I okay? I'm just greeeeaaat thanks for asking. I mean this is only the usual. I go out, I meet people, I trust people, then people beat me over the back of the head. I'm absolutely P.E.A.C.H.Y." Oh yeah he was furious. He was really furious. He looked to Nilani, rage in his eyes. Still, there was one little bit of self control left in him that allowed for this. "Thank you...for the concern Nilani...I'm going to assume you didn't have any idea she was going to do that until proven otherwise, so...you're probably fine." So he turned to Elwyn.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Snopy shouted. "You can't be fucking serious. Oh well, I suppose I should have EXPECTED it." Snopy pinched the bridge of his nose. "You know, I expected half of today to die, but this? I just. I'm fucking speechless. I got nothing." He really had nothing, besides the fact that this kinda thing has happened before to him and he really wishes he had seen it coming. "Why? Just...why Elwyn. What the fuck, why? Is it me? Is it you? I don't know what to believe anymore. Just..." Snopy walked right over to the lake, stuck his head in, and...bubbles. Actually, Elwyn and Nilani both probably heard the muffled screaming. He just...screamed. Top of his lungs screamed. The cold water though didn't help his anger, though the scream at least delayed the time until he spontaneously combusted. "Alright. So. Why?" Snopy looked at Elwyn, hands on his hips with a smile that said "This isn't a smile danger danger." Honestly, it's one of those smiles that no one would want to cause in someone they cared about, though Elwyn probably didn't care. He wasn't doing it to be intimidating anyway, he was still...processing.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:08 am

When he woke, both Elwyn and Nilani had an obligatory confused glance toward one another. Soon after though, the sarcasm and annoyance he showed toward Nilani made her feel guilty. She immediately looked sad and kept looking away from him as he went on about it. He looked at Nilani with anger, but she hadn't done anything. It wasn't her fault, so she didn't understand why he was mad at her out of all people. Even when he said she was "fine", it didn't feel real. When Snopy turned to Elwyn, Nilani backed out of the clearing and sat behind a tree by herself. She hated it when people were mad at her, and truly wasn't used to it. It made her feel a little sick when it happened.

Snopy turned to Elwyn now and she was seemingly ignoring him for a while. Apparently that made him angrier because he needed to stuff his head under water and scream. Elwyn understood the action and wished she could do it as well, but she'd never behave that way. She wasn't really allowed to. Elwyn was getting angrier with all of these "whys" that came from him. It was only making things worse for Elwyn's mood. She stood up and stepped over to him. She stepped right up to him and got in his face, staring straight into his eyes. She was doing it to intimidate him. That smile he had didn't scare her, it didn't bother her one bit. The fact was, she could destroy him and everyone here knew that.

"If I hadn't already hit you back there, you'd be getting it again." Elwyn was completely calm. She didn't show anger. She didn't yell or raise her voice. Instead, she stood firm and stared directly at him. It was almost like a challenge, like she was daring him to try something and not once did she break eye contact. "Your behavior was despicable. You thought only of yourself. You acted like a child wanting to prove his own point and ignored the fact that we were outnumbered. You continued arguing with him, angering him, his people, and while they surrounded us, you had the audacity to challenge him. You were so focused on yourself, you forgot that Nilani, Hacil, and myself were right there."

"I'm going to answer a question you asked a little more clearly, Snopy." Elwyn actually stepped closer to him, leaned in and whispered into his ear with words that hissed with the anger behind them, "Understand that I do not see you as a mule. You are supposed to be a friend, someone I did not hesitate to bring on this trip and train to become stronger, but..." Elwyn placed a hand on the shoulder opposite of the ear she was talking into, "If you ever endanger my sister's lives like you did then, I will destroy you. Not an ounce of evidence of your existence will be left, do you understand me?" "ELWYN!" Nilani shouted at her having heard everything, "YOU WOULDN'T DO THAT AND YOU KNOW IT! SNOPY IS OUR FRIEND ...isn't he?" Nilani came back to Snopy's side and looked to him, "You are, r-right?"

"NO!" Elwyn stepped back away from Snopy and looked to Nilani, "A friend does not start a war right in front of you, knowing that you are not likely to survive. We could not have taken them all. Hacile and I could, if were were alone, not when we're worried about how many arrows are flying toward you two. The fact is, we're not immortal, we're not gods and they would have slaughtered us..."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:33 am

Snopy was fuming, but Elwyn was all in all prepared to unload. She basically didn't seem to all care that much with how she spoke, that didn't help. She called him a child, and basically scolded him like one. This fucking bitch. "Oh I'm the child. Okay." She continued. She just kept going, and he said nothing. Then came the threat. He really didn't care...until Nilani shouted out in what appeared to be a form of sad fear. Sad because of the answer she might not like, fearful it would be that answer. Even though it had been heating up, his blood cooled when he heard that. He practically tuned Elwyn out. Well, he didn't. He heard every word. He comprehended them too. But...they weren't his focus. He had handled this poorly, ALL of it. From the moment they came across that clan, to now where he let his anger get out of hand. It was no wonder he was constantly being screwed over, he orchestrated it all. Truthfully this was the first REAL screwup in the matter that was worth noting, but it was one HELL of a screw up. "...holy mother of aurora...you all could've been..." He could have gotten them killed. "You were right there..."He knew he was probably fucked, but he hadn't been thinking of them.

He chuckled, and awkward defeated chuckle. "So...the time finally comes, and I'm the one who pulled the trigger." Right now he felt like he was the one who put fate's gun against his head in the first place, actually even if he didn't, he knew that the irony was he pulled that trigger. He was...cold. His body temperature had dropped, actually somehow it was dangerously below normal. It was like it had just...given up. He patted Nilani on the head, actually as he ran his hand down the side of her head she probably could feel that his hands had become like ice. "She's right. I'm not." Snopy pulled his hand away and began to walk away, slowly and not seeming entirely steady. "I'm not your friend...it isn't your fault...you're a wonderful person...it's because she's right." He turned. How someone could have such a massive shift in body condition in such a short span of time was...a mystery to say the least. "I had stopped caring maybe a year ago. My life? There was really nothing in it. I got lazy. I had reason to care again, these last few weeks...but I lost sight. You know, of what mattered. I was...tired. Tired of being treated like garbage by every one and everything, even when I did do things right. Today...being called an animal, both sarcastically and seriously...I stopped thinking. My life...suddenly didn't feel all that valuable again. And when I decided I was ready to just...go out...I forgot that the only three fucking lives that did matter were right there." Snopy's voice dropped. "The only lives I care about..." It was low, and almost like he was afraid to say it. Snopy shook his head, he drew his sword from his sheath and just stuck it in the ground. The blade, stuck in the ground without an owner, one of the prime symbols of defeat.

"I hear you Elwyn...loud and clear." He looked her dead in the eyes for a moment. "So do it." He knew what he was referring to, her killing him. Swift and painless, slow and horrible. It didn't really matter. He shook his head and turned. She wouldn't do it, even if she would have Nilani was standing right there. He just...couldn't handle this. He really did almost get all 3 of them killed with him. The moment he realized what he did to them...he lost the ability to be rational. "I'll go...I...just have to be alone. And Nilani...I'm sorry I yelled. You too Elwyn. I shouldn't have yelled at you either. It was selfish...but...just...just...take care of each other." Snopy had put his sword in the ground and as he walked off...he dropped his crossbow too. He was preparing to go into the woods...unarmed. This close to a clan of hostile elves, and still the forest itself was dangerous. He wasn't going to be alone...he was going to die alone.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:00 am

There was only one thing that mattered to Elwyn right now and that was that he'd been taught a lesson. It took a showing if disappointment, anger, and the intent to kill. It also took an actual verbal threat and the sadness of the sweetest little sister, but he finally got the message. Elwyn relaxed enough to listen to him explain himself. "Shut up." Elwyn said and turned away from him with her arms crossed. Nilani was about to get angry with Elwyn again, but she continued on. "Not a single one of us treats you like garbage. Hacil enjoys talking with you and Nilani loves having you around. We say one wrong thing and suddenly everything goes to hell with you? Man up. Friends do that kind of stuff and this won't be the only time. There was a miscommunication, that's it. If you're going to fall over and die every time things aren't said perfectly or don't go you're way, then you're not going live a healthy life."

Nilani actually smiled at Elwyn, who still had her back turned, and then nudged Snopy and nodded happily to him. It was her way of showing that Elwyn was not being hurtful or mean there. She was giving him advice that he seemed to need to hear. Elwyn may not be good with emotions, but she had sound logic. This world is cruel and will step on you any chance it got. "I'm not going to do anything that would make me a liar." Elwyn continued, "I said next time, didn't I?" Elwyn glanced back to him and then began walking off. "I need to go find Hacil... Who knows what she's gotten herself into." Nilani went to grab Snopy's hand and drag him along to follow Elwyn, but would only go if he actually went.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Hacil's breathing was hard. All she wanted to do now was sleep. But that'd be a bad idea. A very, very bad idea. Hacil could continue to fight, but she knew it'd kill her. And she didn't want Nilani around if that happened. She figured that the trio of them would return, and then kick the asses that Hacil had left for them. Yeah, that's what it was. She had left people for them to fight. She couldn't hog all of the glory. Hacil couldn't help but to laugh at the ridiculousness of that. No, she had just gotten her ass kicked.

"Little one." The clan leader spoke up, his head sweating from the immense heat. "You must have realized that escape is simply impossible, at least for one such as you. You are outnumbered, and you are already wounded many times. You have put up a valiant effort, but I think this is where this ends for you." He seemed to congratulate her, but his tone was the same as before. There was nothing but icy venom leaking with every breath. "If you come out peacefully, we will consider letting you go."

Hacil paused, then she heard what sounded like something moving in the forest around them. A normal animal would have been scared away. It might be Elwyn. No, it had to be Elwyn. Hacil betted on it. "Hey... old fuckass." She called out to the clan leader. "You should be the ones begging for your lives." A wicked smile grew across her face, and she stood up. Rest time was over. "I've still got fight left in me to take down all of you savages. But... I'm not the scary one in our group. You're about to meet the only person that fuckin' terrifies me." And with that, a terrifying deer dashed through the camp, scared for its life. Hacil didn't see, but she did hear the laughter. Hopefully, Elwyn was soon to follow.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:28 am

Elwyn didn't know or understand the whole situation, so as she told him he was being silly, it wasn't quite as effective as she'd had hoped. Elwyn had nothing nice to say about her own personal opinions, besides saying her sisters enjoyed his company. Snopy was ready to die, but when Elwyn spoke the little nagging voice in the back of his head that always told him to keep trudging on found renewed strength. Snopy had to relax himself a tiny bit with a deep breath to realize that probably meant something. Since Elwyn's sisters were first priority, that meant something, at least he hoped. Not to mention she didn't just let him roam off to die, even though she had just threatened to end him herself. He was...silent for a moment. He just kept breathing, trying to, and slowly succeeding, at steadying it. Though admittedly as Nilani smiled and nudged him, he could muster up a chuckle. "Every time? I'm...I'm better now, well I will be, but now you hear this. This is far from the first time...things didn't go my way. Shoulda seen my life before the day I met you and Nilani. In five years...it was the first good thing to really happen to me. For today...at least...that's all you need to know." He spoke in a way, as best he could while still trying to gather himself, that hinted Hacil was part of it too, just he met Elwyn and Nilani first and THAT was the day something went right.

Elwyn brought up a point he ignored because he had been furious. Hacil was nowhere to be found. She had probably done SOMETHING stupid. Snopy knew that much. Someone was gonna have to bail her out. She shared that in common with Snopy, today at least. He was silent as Elwyn started to leave, but Nilani grabbed his hand. Snopy looked down as she seemed to want to follow. She'd probably he happy to know his hands no longer felt like ice. "You sure we won't get in the way?" Snopy said as he looked to Nilani. "All right, but lets keep our distance. That way we can run if needed." Snopy then let Nilani drag him along as he quickly grabbed his weapons, he might need them after all. They followed and caught up to Elwyn, but kept a safe distance back. They followed until they found...Hacil tried to fight them alone didn't she? Son of a bitch, Snopy knew he probably contributed to it, but he couldn't even really blame himself cause that was still a REALLY silly thing to attempt. He spoke to Nilani quietly as he pulled her behind a large tree. "Lets just stay behind cover." He peeked around the tree to see exactly what was going down.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:09 am

Elwyn kept quiet. Nilani looked sat. She felt bad about what Snopy had been through, but she knew very little about it. There wasn't much she could say, but she did pat his back. He was with them now, so he didn't have to worry about that. He had friends, so things should be better. The group went off to find Hacil. Elwyn stopped when she saw Hacil through the trees. A few of his clan members were beginning to surround her. Some looked like they had gotten out of a fight recently and seeing how Hacil looked, Elwyn knew exactly what had happened. Nilani was pulled behind a tree to hide, but she wanted to help. "I have to help my sister." Nilani said and held up an arm toward Elwyn.

Elwyn felt the air move around her and ran forward. Nilani was able to increase her speed and Elwyn boosted herself as well using her own power. Elwyn heard Hacil speak about the 'one person who terrifies her' and sped up again. The enhancements combined with her own speed was enough for Elwyn to practically appear in front of the leader. The man had smiled cockily at Hacil, "And who, my dear, would that be?" Elwyn smirked, "Me." Elwyn's left fist was surrounded by tiny shards of ice. She threw a punch toward the leader's chest and felt his bones crack, but that wasn't the scary part. Upon impact, the shards around her fist entered his body and Elwyn took hold of the water within him.

"Pathetic." Elwyn said as she pulled her fist back. The moment her fist left the man's body, his entire back side exploded as small shards of frozen blood shot out of him. His body fell backwards, bloodied and lifeless. What Elwyn had done was send shards of her Anima through his blood stream and then froze bits of it. The bits of frozen blood reacted to the force sent by her punch and the arcana with it and flew away from her and out of his body with a shotgun effect. This wasn't a move she was able to do often and only did it because her sister was in danger. In fact, if one paid close enough attention, you could see the tiny shards of her own blood sticking out from places on her arm.

"Anyone else want to go?" Elwyn looked around, wondering whether the rest would still fight.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:04 am

As soon as Hacil heard her sister's voice, she dropped the fiery curtain around her. She sprung out from behind it, a wicked grin on her face. Battleaxe was still kicking, and it was now his turn to go. She was wounded, but that was just a handicap for him. Battleaxe swung his massive weapon around, and Hacil jumped backwards to avoid it. And she only barely did so. She inhaled, exhaled, and grinned wider. The next swing was wider. Just what she needed. Hacil darted in as he swung. Her body lunged downward, and she spun her jatahl. The two metal pieces clanged against one another, and Hacil was pushed away from the weapon, and the battleaxe was further pushed away from her.

Hacil was in closer than the battleaxe could reach, but the wielder was smart enough to drop it once he saw the jatahl's second end darting for his torso. He dodged her spear-like thrusts with ease, but she was only gauging him. With each dodge, she sped up. It soon looked like she was thrusting two at once, and his look of ease had long since faltered. Hacil then took her chance. They were away from other people, and so she did what she did best. She made things hot. With a pulse of piping-hot anima, Hacil practically set the man's boots on fire. He jumped in surprise, and Hacil's jatahl made a satisfying thud followed by a dull cracking as she swung it into his knee.

The battleaxe-wielding man cried out in pain, and Hacil did the same to his other knee. He fell down, tears and painful froth staining his face. Hacil smiled, then turned to the rest of the clan. It was then that she saw what Elwyn had done. She stared and then whistled in amazement. Then she looked satisfied, and turned to as many of the darker elves as she could. "Told ya to be scared. This is how we solve shitstains like you."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:31 am

Nilani seemed hellbent on helping Elwyn, but that seemed like a bad idea. This is going to end poorly. He thought as he observed his surroundings. Arcana was a form of energy, and last he read, it could be detected. "Nilani, you might give away our..." Snopy heard a rustling. Plsno. He looked up, at first nothing. He kept totally silent. Then more rustling, and a lot of it. A large horde of elves then appeared out of the brush. "...location. Hrmm." He didn't even know how to react here. Surrounded by death, and with Elwyn slaughtering the leader, they might have to solve this one on their own. As Elwyn killed the leader though, most of the others in the general vicinity charged her. If she protected Snopy and Nilani, she might expose her flank or Hacil. "Hey, lets not be too rash now. After all..." The energy built up in his body. "...you'd be shocked at just how poorly this could go!" Snopy raised his hand in the air, and electricity... Bzzzpfft. A bolt went out like a foot, then kinda went limp like a noodle. Wait what? "Physics? ...man I really need to come up with proper incantations for these things..." Well that plan failed quickly. He read that Scholars usually spoke incantations to get their desired effect, and even when they didn't have to they lost a lot of power in not doing so. He figured he was one given words seemed to bolster his arcana. He looked up. "Scrabble anyone?" The group was about to charge.

Snopy drew his sword. "Well Nilani, if I don't make it out of this alive..." Suddenly the sound of blades hitting flesh. Snopy blinked, his eyelids hurt by now. He blinked a lot today. In front of him were...the girl from before and the guy with the battleaxe? And it wasn't him or Nilani they sliced, in fact they appeared to be cleaving through the group that had cornered them. Within a few moments all the elves before them lay dead. The two turned around. "Wh...wha?" Snopy tilted his head. "Glad they didn't hurt you cutie~" The girl winked at him, he was a little creeped out, but she just saved him so he'd just leave it be. "Wha? Why?" Snopy finally managed to piece together. "With him dead, we have no reason to fight you." Snopy tilted his head, if Nilani had anything to say now would be the time because he was completely speechless for a moment. Still, he...thinks they're serious. He sheathed his blade. "So...you're on our side?" The girl nodded. "Yep!" Snopy turned to see what the other elves were doing. As expected, they were swarming Elwyn. There also seemed to be more coming for them.

"Then prove it, cover me while I provide my friend coverfire. Nilani, you keep doing for Elwyn what you did before.." Snopy pulled out his crossbow. One way or the other, one seemed to be behind Elwyn. He pulled the trigger and fired his pre-loaded shot, taking someone out. "One day I'll be good enough to not always have to be cover fire." He spoke as he reloaded. The clan wasn't particularly big, so it shouldn't have taken Elwyn long, especially with the backup from Snopy and Nilani, to finish her job, and come sweep up the rest that their new allies were busy holding off. Why though. That thought kept nagging him though, yet he still fired a bolt straight into the cluster attacking Elwyn. He was running low on bolts, but he should have enough.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:48 am

Nilani was doing her best to aid Elwyn, but when people began to surround them, she was scared. When they went on the attack, something happened that Nilani didn't expect. The two that were part of the other group protected them. She didn't know what to say, but she had to trust them so she could keep helping her sister. She nodded to Snopy and did as he told her to do. She kept helping Elwyn.

Elwyn was standing still as a statue, enraged at this entire day. Her body was riddled with anger filled adrenaline and if absolutely destroying their leader hadn't dissuaded them from continuing their useless assault, they weren't going to live the next couple of seconds. Elwyn heard Hacil's whistle and glanced toward her. The eyes of a killer were apparent in Elwyn's eyes and she wasn't calming.

The others had apparently decided it was their day to die. "SO YOU WISH FOR DEATH?!" Elwyn yelled and turned to those foolish enough to charge her after she showed a piece of her power. Elwyn made a fist with her right hand and held her left hand over it. Gathering her Anima, she concentrated a large amount of Anima. The group was getting closer to Elwyn and Hacil, but still had not caught on.

This move was one of the one's Elwyn was quite known for and the reason people thought she could easily fight off an army. It wasn't full power because she didn't have the time, but it was enough to annihilate these pawns. She waited for the right moment and as they reached within five feet of her, she threw the anime filled punch and slammed it strongly into the body of he first victim.

The man was instantly encased in ice. The ice spread like large wave taking over the shore and enveloped everyone. Nilani had noticed Elwyn's stance and thought her sister insane. "We need to move." Nilani said and grabbed Snopy by the collar a moment after his bolt was fired, "NOW!" She said and began running off to the side, out of Elwyn's path. A moment later, a large hill of hard ice appeared. It had frozen through the forest and taken over everyone that had been attacking them. Elwyn stood still, her jaw clenched in anger, and her breathing heavy as she tried to calm herself down. After things calmed down and she realized no one was attacking anymore, she took a deep breath and calmed down. "You're injured." she looked calmly to Hacil, "You should rest."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:04 am

Hacil was taken aback. She looked to Elwyn with wide eyes, questioning what she was about to do. It was meant to take on an army. Then again, this was an army. Hacil just watched as the entire clan became art. Not modern art, thank Lisanthria. Modern art almost scared Hacil. It was just humans trying too hard. As Elwyn looked over to Hacil, she expected to get scolded. She expected a tirade of expletives and complaints. But none came. Instead, the calm voice of a sister was what Hacil heard. It was like music to her ears. Hacil gave Elwyn a thumbs up, then slouched against a tree. "Already on it." And soon, Hacil was taking a nap.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:43 am

Everything happened so fast, Snopy couldn't even really comprehend it all.  As their apparent comrades held off those attacking from behind, Snopy ended up dragged away from Elwyn.  Those who had been helping heard Nilani's shout and ended up diving to the side.  Everyone...everyone who had been fighting them...was frozen.  Water expands when frozen.  Blood has water in it.  When they thawed, if they hadn't died for other reason's, he imagined all of their blood vessels would have ended up punctured beyond hope.  "Holy shit..."  It was...gruesome in all honesty.  They were dead.  Yet they were frozen in time.  They were all in the stance they were in as they got struck.  "...this isn't...creepy at all."  It was, very much so.  At least mutilated or charred bodies didn't go masquerading as something that could still be alive.  "Well, thank you for all your help."  Snopy turned to find the two who had helped them somehow alive.  The polite one bowed.  "We never meant to cause you trouble.  The woman I love is human.  They took her and held her hostage to force my cooperation."  The girl next to him nodded.  "My sister was only half elf...they didn't like that either."  Snopy blinked.  "Whaaat?  You wanted an explanation didn't you?"  The two began making their way towards where the village had been, likely to go rescue their stolen loved ones.  As the girl walked past she gave Snopy a peck on the cheek which made him jump a little.  "Later cutie."  And with that...they were gone.  This whole thing...was like a dream.  Everything just seemed to sweep by, and was gone in an instant.  Even the resolution seemed unreal. "I...think I need some time to think..." Snopy shook his head and walked past Nilani, Elwyn and Hacil. Into the forest. He'd be back. He kept his weapons on his person, he didn't have a dead look to him. No, rather, he had a lot of sorting things out in his head to do. An abrupt end to an abrupt chapter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 am