Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] Empty A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:54 pm

A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] Header2_zpsvyvplnk3

Lucinda had gotten used to the little voice that always walked beside her. It had been a month since Hikari moved on and stayed with Setsuna. Lucinda was happy for Hikari, but had to admit she missed the little one. It was nice having someone to talk to and look up to you the way Hikari had looked up to her. Now that Hikari was gone, Lucinda was alone and a familiar silence filled her days. With it in her mind to relax for a while, Lucinda traveled to one of the natural and untouched hot springs in the middle of the forest range just south of Velistal in Zakat. This was a place she had been a couple times before and luckily it still had not been taken over by anyone from Velistal. She knew it would one day. The moment it was found by anyone who saw its worth, she would lose it as her little secret hide out.

Lucinda removed her clothing and folded it up nicely, setting it off to the side where she could reach it quickly if needed. She set her lance on top of her clothes and then went into the water. Sliding a single foot in first, Lucinda slowly lowered herself into the warm water. It took a bit for her to get used to it. It had actually been a warm day today, but since the sun went down things cooled off quite a bit. There was also a cold breeze running through this section of the forest that made coming here a better idea for her. Once Lucinda was fully immersed in the warm water, she laid her head back on the rocks that made up the edge. She closed her eyes and relaxed, listening to the sounds of the forest around her.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] Empty Re: A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Velistal, the old capital. Callaghan loved the city. Hot women, good food, and culture. The only thing it was missing was a "No Children Allowed" sign. Then it'd be a paradise. Unfortunately, it was a tourist attraction. This meant children. Cal gritted his teeth as he left the city. It was so close to being a good place. So close, but it wasn't worth it. Well, there was also the dirty looks. He was doing a journey to Cieria on foot, and the only way to do that was to cut through Zakat. Cal saw a large wagon train in front of him. Not wanting to deal with them, he decided to take a detour. He'd cut through the forest and meet the path as it wound back around.

That was before Callaghan got lost. His sense of direction was off in this forest. He tried to follow a path, but nothing really seemed to work. That was when Cal saw it. It was a glimpse, but the pure red steel sparkled in the afternoon sun. All it took was that glimpse and Cal remembered. It was that. Cal looked around and didn't see the she-devil. He smiled wickedly and snuck closer... He still didn't see her as he reached for the lance, his eyes on the prize of his dreams.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:52 pm

"That kid is still loud..." Lucinda could hear him coming, but that isn't what made her recognize him. No. The breeze carried his scent straight to her. She kept silent and didn't move a muscle as he came closer. She could hear him getting closer and closer. She was easily able to guess his target as well. She first thought he might be being a young perverted kid who wanted to get a peek at a girl in a hot-spring. Nope, that was not the case. Instead, he was targeting her lance again. She mentally sighed and waited for him to get close enough. Once he did, all she had to do is turn over and she revealed herself to him. With a smile, she grabbed the lance and held it here. "If you want... I can give you a head start this time? Last time, you didn't really get a chance." Lucinda removed her hand from the lance and raised a bit, revealing her bust without a care, "You think you can get away this time?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Cal was good at many things. Sneaking was not one of them. Well, not when his opponent was a vampire. If he were a stealth archer, things would be fine. But nope, he preferred the lance. This would be the third attempt Cal had ever made on the lance. The last two times, he was still a kid—once he was was eleven and again when he was fourteen. He had forgotten about the lance until now. And it was his goal again. Cal jumped back as she revealed herself. He sputtered out an array of curses. And then, Cal stared. He didn't hear a damn thing she said. No, seriously. It was like being in a tin hut during a hurricane. No particular word was able to be picked out, but there were words.

"Yanno, you've got some nice tits." Cal said without any real tact. "I mean, this is the first time I've actually seen them but for someone that's gotta be at least ten years older than I am, they're nice." He gave her a reassuring thumbs-up. Then he snatched the lance and ran. Lucinda would be able to tell his reflexes and speed were much better than they were the last time they met, nearly ten years prior. Cal ran, stuffing the lance into a pocket. He smiled as he grabbed something from the tip of his walking stick and held onto it. That something... was a very well-done replica of the lance Lucinda had. It was made of different materials and it didn't grow larger, but it was compact. And he had kept it for when he stole the lance again.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:22 pm

"I know I do. Can't really say it matte-..." Lucinda's expression dulled when he snatched the lance and just ran off. Lucinda sighed and shook her head. She stepped out of the water as she took in a deep breath, memorizing his scent. "Mm..." she licked her lips, her eyes flashing brightly for a small second. She picked up her clothes and began to dress. She hurried more than she normally would have when she noticed he had gotten faster, but she knew she could catch up. Even if she was slower, which she was not in anyway shape or form, the moment she had his scent, he was hers. Once she was dressed, she began chasing after him. He had left her sights for about five minutes before she finally caught up. "Hey! You've gotten faster since the last time I saw you. Nice job!" Lucinda said with a bit of cheer and pride in her voice, "So why don't you tell me your name? I don't remember if you had before. I'm Lucinda by the way!" She gave him a moment, "So why are you so obsessed with my lance?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Cal thought he might actually have outrun her this time. He was smiling as he jumped over logs and ducked under branches. Then, she spoke up. Cal nearly lost his balance as she scared the crap out of him. Again. "You gotta stop scaring me like that! You're gonna give me a heart attack, babe!" He used the term 'babe' as a simple compliment on her personality. It was also better than 'lady' or 'woman.' At least in his mind. "But thanks. I'm kinda surprised you were able to keep up with me." Cal ducked under a branch and continued to run.

"Pretty name. Callaghan. But you can call me Cal, babe." Cal winked at his... Well, Cal actually would call her his friend. They only knew each other's name just now, but they were quite amiable. Even back then, she wasn't a bitch. "I told you. I'm gonna sell it. Buy a home, a dog, and have some nice food." Cal's smile widened as he focused more on running ahead. "It's the only thing I've tried to do but actually haven't been able to. So it's just kinda challenging me." Cal then did something he didn't plan. He took a step off a cliff. Well, not a real cliff. Just a very steep incline in the forest. He kept his balance for the first few steps, but he quickly tumbled. With every hit, he swore. At the bottom, he took a second to regain his bearings. "So Lucinda, what brings you out here? You got a wanderin' spirit like I do?" Cal called out, trying to figure out where she was.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:05 am

"Cal... You know, you don't have to steal from me to make that little goal of yours come true! Though, I gotta admit the random encounters have always been entertaining." Lucinda moved through the woods like a damn professional. Her ability do duck, jump, dodge, and avoid everything that they were running at was off the charts. Well, it would be in comparison to him. Her agile movements made things easy for her and her speed was obviously a factor in following him so easily. "So you like a challenge then?" Lucinda giggled and shook her head. He was an interesting one. "We-... Look ou-" she tried to warn him on time, but he went right over the edge. She slid to a stop and watched amused as he tumbled down the hill. Right as he was about to get to the bottom, she jumped into the air above him. As he asked her his questions, she landed in a bit of a heavy thud with her feet on either side of him. "Maybe." Lucinda sat down immediately on his back, rubbing her butt into his back and drilling him into the ground. She grabbed onto the lance in his hand and pulled it away. "I wander a lot, but mostly because I have nowhere to be... Had a travel companion for a while there, but..." Lucinda looked up to the sky a little dazed, "... she's moved on, so... I'm alone now. What about you?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Cal had not been expecting her to sit on him. He winced in pain as she pried the lance out of his hands. He glared up at her the best he could. She didn't know he had bested her this time. Cal sighed, resigning to his fate for the time being. "It's pretty much always been me. Been orphaned since I was about eleven. That's when you first met me. Back then, I meant what I said about the lance. It would've bought me all the stuff I wanted. Or at least that's what my preteen brain thought." Cal gave her a wistful smile. "And of course, I was wrong back then."

"So what happened with your travel companion? She must've been pretty spirited to be able to keep up with you." Cal let her answer and then spoke up with a smirk. "Think you can stop sitting on me? As much as I don't mind a hot woman straddling me, I prefer it when there is less clothing involved. And not outside. And not with me on my back. And not when there's a rock digging into my side." Cal smiled at her. She seemed lonely, and he was going to be friendly to the only person that he really felt any sort of connection to.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:21 pm

A Game of Cat and Mouse [Closed] Header_zps352s8bxj

Lucinda giggled and leaned over as he glared at her. She placed a playful peck-kiss on his forehead and ruffled his hair a bit, but not much in case it would annoy him. "This lance isn't worth enough to get you all of that, Cal. You'll have to find something with much more impact in this world for that. Besides, you're also in Zakat; They wouldn't buy this for much. Arcane Item, remember?" Lucinda was enjoying their conversation. Her own loneliness had kind of taken over the past month. She was glad she ran into him. "Well, not really actually. She was very scared, very timid, but always sweet and caring. She had no confidence and I couldn't blame her... She was horribly scarred by her parents, to the point where she kept her hair long and used it to cover her face and half her body. If she wasn't doing that, she was wearing long sleeved shirts or a cloak to prevent people from seeing her."

"Oh, I should have chased you without re-dressing." Lucinda got off of him similarly to how someone got off a horse, by lifting one leg and then settling on his side. She, however, settled on her knees and placed the staff to her side and her hands in her lap. When he got up, she smiled in a strangely sweet manner and the look in her eyes was similar. It wasn't just happy, but almost hopeful and wishful. "So what are you going to do now? How come you travel so much if what you want in life is a nice house and a dog? This doesn't seem like what you should be doing if that's the route you're going for."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Cal blinked in surprise, then glared harder as she ruffled his hair. He wasn't a kid! "Oh, I know. I could just keep running til I got to Salaneos or Arcadia. They'd pay good money for it then. Might get me some food." Cal nodded and asked about her travel partner. It was odd. He didn't expect that. "I feel for that little lady. What happened with her? Find a guy that makes her heart go tik-a-tee, tik-a-tay?" Cal then asked for her to get off of him.

"Maybe next time. Although, then I'd probably just stand and stare. You'd catch up to me too easily." Cal also sat up, not standing. He threw the rock that was in his side far, far, far away. He sat with his legs crossed, hands on his knees. "I travel to find somewhere that feels right. Haven't found it yet. Been to just about all the big cities and towns north of here. Nothin' was feeling right. And until I find that place, I'm not settling down. Nope. Just won't. Right now though, I'm heading east towards Salaneos now. Well, was, before I got lost in the woods. How about you? Besides enjoying that lake, where are you off to?" Cal hesitated, then asked a little bluntly. "If it's nowhere in particular, why not travel together?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:12 pm

"Pretty much. It was this young kid that was as timid and scared as she was. Both had their reasons, they connected and ended up making each other better people. I'm glad she found him." Lucinda explained as she got off. She chuckled at his staring comment. "I can see it. I don't know why the female body is so distracting to people, especially men. It's nothing new, though I guess it can be special if the woman hasn't ever shown anyone, but that isn't me. Pretty positive I've been seen nude before, so... yeah." His answer was actually kind of expected. Lucinda could relate to a degree, but the goals he's explained up until now make that understandable. "So you were lost? That's actually kind of funny..." Lucinda raised an eyebrow and then shrugged, "I don't really have anywhere to be. Hikari is gone and I don't have any living relatives or friends, so no where in particular."

Lucinda raised an eyebrow at him. She was surprised at his offer. "Is that something you'd actually want? I mean, I don't mind it and would like to have a traveling companion, but... I don't know." Lucinda picked up her lance and stood up. She took a look around the area and a lost expression came on her face. She stuck the lance in the ground and pulled out a small sack of coins. "Here. Maybe this'll help you out." she said and handed him two platinum coins, seven gold, and 13 silver, "I don't really need it now that Hikari is gone. I'm keeping the bag because she made it for me, but you can have the money. Call it payment for not actually getting away with my weapon. It's been with me for years, so losing it so you can buy a house, dog, or food isn't on my list... As for traveling with you, I doubt you want a person like me around. It'll be more comfortable for you if I weren't in the picture."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Cal blinked. No friends? Now that made him sad. So he asked her to travel with him. He thought about what she said, and he didn't get a chance to answer before she handed him coin after coin. Cal looked very surprised at the amount of money. He looked at it, then sighed. He pushed the coins back in Lucinda's direction. "I... I can't take this." He looked pained. "I should take it. I really should, and just leave. But dammit, I'm a good guy." Cal made sure she took the coins back, then dug around in his cloak before producing... Lucinda's actual lance/ "Here, this is yours. What you have is a decoy I made just for the next time I try to take the lance. Try to extend it, it won't work."

"Now, c'mon. We've got walking to do. I don't want to hear that 'but it might be better if I weren't around,'" Cal tried to an impression of her voice, "schtick. I'm not going to listen to you mope about loneliness and then say that. We're gonna fix that, or so help me I'll take that lance for real next time. And I won't give it back because you're a nice, pretty, and sad-looking lady."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:10 pm

"What, why?" Lucinda raised an eyebrow at him. He brought out her real lance and she just blinked a few times. She took the real one from him and then put the coins away. She didn't look mad or anything like that. She brought up the lance and popped him on the head with a gentle tap. "I've had this staff for many years, Cal. I know it like the back of my hand..." she sighed and shook her head, "Thank you for giving it back. I was hoping you would; I didn't want to fight you over it, because I would have." Lucinda stepped forward and hugged him, placing a small kiss on his cheek. "If you're sure... Know that I only travel at night though. Once day comes, I'm gonna find a place to camp." Lucinda said and began following him along. He was the one who insisted that she come along, so she would. "Also, I actually don't need the money. If we make it to a town, I'll pay for the inn and get you a good meal. What do you think about that? I think that's a good arrangement, don't you?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:42 am

Cal was surprised that he got something wrong about that lance. The last time he had taken it (for about an hour), Cal had it examined by a professional. He weighed it and measured it. So it should be exactly the same. But there was nothing like the real deal, which was something Cal was starting to understand. He smiled and blushed lightly at her kiss. "Well, you'd have trouble fighting me this time." Cal pointed downward. In the dirt, Cal had been drawing runes. First with his hands while he was being sat on, then with his feet when he stood up. "You'd have been blinded for a few seconds, then a vine would have sprung up to trip you."

"Hey, that just means fewer tourists and children. I don't need torches or anything, so we won't attract too much attention. Well, so long as you don't blind people with your shining beauty." Cal winked at her. This was going to be a common occurence. The two began to walk in a direction Cal felt was right. "I... I still think it'd be better for you to keep the money. Paying for an inn and some food would be nice, but you need to hold onto it. I can get a little overboard with frivolous spending..." Cal put his staff over his shoulders and his wrists rested on it. "So Lucinda, I've told you a bit about myself. Why not do the same? You seem to be at least somewhat interesting... I've rarely met people who can keep up with me like that."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:17 am

Lucinda looked at him like she was asking whether he was serious. The runes on the ground were interesting, but also something she expected from a trickster or thief. It made her question whether she really wanted to travel with him or not. She decided quickly that she'd give him the benefit of the doubt and the two went on. She was silent for the most part, but when he asked for her to talk about herself, she thought for a moment while staring at the ground. "There is little to tell. I don't like talking about my past because I want to keep it there. It was a bad time that I never want to return to..." Lucinda explained and then took a deep breath, "Beyond that, I'm mostly quiet, travel all the time, do my best to help people, and go day by day with whatever life brings me..." Lucinda smiled and looked to him, "Sorry. I'm really not that interesting. I figure being around each other will teach more than talking. It will for me at least. I'm just a quiet traveler and prefer observing over asking."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:32 pm

Cal truend around backwards, smiling at her. He avoided the trees and branches pretty well. "You're right on that. Watching people is always better than asking. And don't wory about me asking about your past. Once you're comfortable enough to talk to me about it, lemme know. I wish I could say it couldn't possibly be worse than mine, but you've got a certain look about ya." Cal shrugged and spun around again. "It's not a look I like, so I'll make sure that you smile more like you did before. It's been a while since I've seen anyone that happy."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am