Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] Empty A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed]

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:11 am

A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] Header3_zpsza60eh5w

Lanai had been told that she was too trusting and too generous. She had been taken advantage of by many people in her past, some of those even called her family. Her weak willed nature and naivety always left her vulnerable to those who truly did not care for her. Luckily, she had found a man who had proven them all wrong. They loved each other and she knew for a fact that he would never harm her. He would never lie or betray her. He would never abandon her or use her for anything she had. She didn't have anything worth using for. And this is why she was confident about the note he left.

The night air chilled the skin as the breeze blew through the forest trees. The moon was high in the sky, lighting up Aurora just enough to allow wanderers to travel through with slight difficulty. In the middle of a very small clearing, a woman with vibrant blue hair and matching eyes sat quietly to await the man she loved. She held a small crumpled paper in her hand and looked around peacefully. When he arrived, she was happy and greeted him with a hug and kiss. They talked for only a moment before things suddenly changed. Lanai took a leap of faith she now knows she should never have taken.

"HELP ME! PLEASE! HELP ME!" Lanai's usually sweet voice called out in terror, shrieking through the air and breaking the silence the forest once held. Upon being found, Lanai was laying on the cold grass, her hair sprawled out in every direction. Her legs were curled up and closed tightly shut. Her eyes were wide and she was staring off into the darkness of the forest. Tears fell heavily down her cheeks, her hands gripped the blades of grass tightly. Her body was absent of any clothing; it all had been tossed around the area, ripped, or was gone. "He... just walked away." she managed to choke out.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] Empty Re: A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed]

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 am

A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] Ujiyasu%20Taketoshi_zps3z4pejv5

It was a night just like any other.  Ujiyasu had just finished his job at the shop.  "You have a good night Ujiyasu."  The shop keeper spoke, straining to lift a heavy box to a high shelf.  Ujiyasu smiled.  "Hey."  He took the box and lifted it to the shelf for him.  "You already threw out your back once this week.  Don't overdo it."  As he finished placing the box he went to walk out of the store.  A simple wave of the hand was his goodbye.  The night was still young, he had nothing to do.  Maybe he'd go enjoy it, as he always does.  Making a quick pit stop at his home, he grabbed his kimono and threw it loosely over his body.  With it, he put on a pointed straw hat.  It was chilly, some things to block the wind never hurt.  He also grabbed his halberd, since night time was the friend of many a criminal.  He didn't have any responsibilities, he never did.  Except for the shop, he just couldn't motivate himself to do work.  As he stepped back out he immediately observed the night sky.  There he saw the moon.  Somehow, it seems as if the moon is weeping.  Knowing it was just his imagination though, Ujiyasu shook it off and wandered into the night.  The city was winding down, the last of the children at play were being herded into their homes, all the shops were closing, and the dwellers of the night were coming out.  As he walked, he saw a beggar out, a young child in tattered clothing.  He casually tossed a silver piece to the boy as he continued out.  Normally he didn't end up encountering ones so young, unusual.  He wondered if they were omens of things to come.

The moment he left the city the breeze picked up.  The various buildings and other infrastructure no longer providing blockage.  Holding his hat to his head, he pressed on a bit.  The owner had a trip to be on so the shop was going to be closed for a little while.  He had grabbed some supplies and was just gonna go out to the river.  Easier said than done considering it's distance from Aria, but he didn't care much.  A few days later he arrived at the river.  Sitting down, he watched the gentle light of the moon reflecting off the water's surface.  The water was a little faster than he remembered.  Maybe there was a bit of rain upstream.  Normally he'd swim across, but even though he was strong enough, it would be exhausting to fight the current.  Plus he'd get his clothes soaked in chilly weather.  Once he finished admiring the mostly gentle river, he walked downstream a bit until he found a bridge and crossed.  The wind rustled gently through the leaves.  With each step one could hear the crinkle of the foliage.  Up ahead, he thought he spotted an opening full of moonlight.  A clearing?  Maybe a good place to sit and admire the view.  He made his way, and as the clearing opened up and.  Not what I meant by admire the view.  A naked girl.  Except in the bedroom or a brothel, that wasn't a good thing to randomly see.  "You're not dead are you?"  He said walking slowly up to her.  He looked around, not too many clothes seemed to be left.  Though he could see some shredded remains.  Then he saw it, body moving up and down, since she was on her stomach.  Her eyes open and trembling.  Her hands clearly had a grip on the grass.  "Are you hurt?"  He said, scratching the back of his head.  What was one to do in this situation exactly, it wasn't one he had prepared for.  He'd have to wing it.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed] Empty Re: A Night Beyond Falcon River [Closed]

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:36 am

Lanai lost track of time. She didn't know how long she had been laying in the silence. When he arrived, she didn't notice. When he spoke the first time, she didn't hear him. The second time he spoke, her head snapped over to look at him. The look on her face was filled with horror and shame. She looked like a lost puppy that had just been kicked by the last few people that it came by. Lanai realized the situation she was in and looked away from him quickly. "I, uh..." she wiped her eyes quickly. Her hair was covering most of her body. She pushed herself up from her stomach and held her arms over her breasts to keep them hidden from this stranger. He had already seen her back side, too much!

"S-Sorry... I, um..." Lanai couldn't bring herself to complete a sentence. She sat there in shame, her head lowered and her long hair hanging forward to cover her face. Her body began to tremble again. She put one hand over her mouth, her other arm still hiding her chest. "I-I'm o-okay." she whimpered and looked around, "My clothes... They're ruined." Lanai went to stand, but realized how weak she felt and changed her mind. She just sat there with her back to the strange man, her body trembling from both fear and the cold air that felt like knives on her smooth skin. "Please don't hurt me..."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:55 am

It was perfectly reasonable to need to see bodily motion to determine whether she was alive or not. She was completely inert until he finally spoke the second time. Finally she looked at him, but it wasn't the most flattering of expressions. He couldn't quite tell since he was only seeing by moonlight, but he thought there were signs of tears on her cheeks. She seemed to wipe something away anyway. She kept stuttering. He wouldn't be able to figure out anything if she didn't just spit it out. "Slow down." He said as she continued to stutter. Finally she said she was okay. No, no she was not okay. It was quite plain to see that she was not okay. She looked like a rape victim, which was exactly what Ujiyasu figured she was. There would be no other logical explanation for this situation. Finally she continued and mentioned how ruined her clothes were ruined. Most likely, she was just coming to terms with it. She was obviously freezing, based on how her skin seemed to be reacting. She also seemed terrified of what Ujiyasu would do to her. He sighed.

"It's too cold for you to be naked like that, you'll get sick." Ujiyasu let his halberd drop to the ground with a thud, before going and taking off the kimono. Walking over to the weak girl, he placed it around her shoulders, covering much of her body due to it's size. "I don't intend to." He spoke in response to her fear of being hurt further. "What's your name?" He spoke. He'd wait a moment, then repeat. "You have a name don't you?" There was a slight chuckle in the second line. Not a malicious one, but a light-hearted one. He was trying to relax her, at least a little. He knew it wouldn't be that simple, but every little bit helps.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:38 pm

His weapon fell with a hard thud. Lanai jumped visibly, her eyes shooting over to what made the noise. The tension in her body partially faded, but feeling this cloak fall over her shoulders caused her to stiffen again. "Thank you..." she said softly, smiling as kindly as she could at him. Her shame quickly took over again and she look away. Lanai did not have the courage to look him in the eye. He asked her name. "L-Lanai... It's Lanai... Some people forget and call me Lani though..." she spoke so innocently. She was very sweet, but was obviously also broken from the days events.

"I... want... I want to go home." she said through her tears. Lanai buckled over on her self, her forehead laying against the grass. She grabbed onto the side of her helpers cloak and held it close to her. It was the only thing keeping her warm. "I want to go home." she repeated over and over again.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:56 pm

She was jumpy. Though considering it's size it wasn't surprising it was loud. She stiffened right back up as he covered her up. She couldn't even seem to look at him for too long. Finally though she told him her name. "Lanai huh." A gust of wind picked up, he quickly held onto his hat to keep it from blowing away. "Ujiyasu. Don't have a nickname." He said promptly. Then she spoke once more. She wanted to go home. He was actually fairly surprised to see her just fall over on her forehead. She desperately clasped the kimono to keep her from freezing. "And where would that be exactly?" He asked. Boy was he glad he didn't get his clothes soaked crossing the river, poor girl would probably freeze to death with no clothes. She just repeated that she wanted to go home, again. "I can't help you if you don't tell me where that is." He sighed, and then went and crouched down in front of her. "Do you live near here? Won't last long if we don't get you out of this wind."

Ujiyasu stood up and looked around. He had an approximate bearing on his location, though most major maps didn't note any villages nearby. They'd have to run into one by dumb luck unless she was from some small village or happened to know of one. "We need to find you some shelter to warm up. You wouldn't happen to know of any nearby would you?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:05 pm

"Ujiyasu." she repeated, "Uji-Iji-Ujiyasu... I'll remember it. I'll try to at least." And then she broke down. Lanai was trying to stop crying, but it was too hard. He asked where her home was and that only made things worse. She pulled his cloak tighter around her, clenching her teeth as tears rained down onto the grass. She just wanted to go home and she said it over and over again. His final question was the one she decided to answer. "Ethaswen is less than a mile that way... It's only like a five minute walk..." Lanai lifted up her head, her tear soaked face turning red from crying. She pointed through a few trees. There was a path there, a road often traveled in and out of the town she spoke of. Lanai took a deep breath, wiped her tears again, and forced herself up to her feet. The breeze picked up as she stood and Lanai wrapped his cloak-thing around her like a blanket. She was still shivering though. The autumn air was really taking it's toll on her. Lanai looked to him, showing she'd follow his lead.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Lanai attempted several times to pronounce his name.  Oddly she got it right the first time, then stumbled on the repeats.  The girl was a wreck though.  She couldn't stop crying.  Even though the physical danger was no longer there, the emotional damage was done.  Even worse, she probably couldn't bring herself to trust that she was safe.  "Not a big deal if you don't."  He held his hat on his head as he moved to pick up his halberd.  Finally though she answered him again.  Ethaswen was only 5 minutes away.  It was?  Ujiyasu blinked.  "I must have traveled downstream by mistake."  That would definitely explain how he wasn't on the edge of the forest.  He got it set in place on his back.  "Good.  I never was any good at starting campfires quickly, especially with this breeze."  Lanai had finally managed to pick herself up to her feet.  She still had some energy, so she couldn't have been there too long.  He had been worrying it had been a couple of days, by that point the lack of food and water would have probably completely immobilized her.  "Let's go."  He stated as he began to walk on the path.  He didn't turn back to look right away, he knew she'd probably follow unless he heard a thud.

This was more than he felt like doing.  Of course he could never leave someone to freeze to death, his heart wouldn't allow it, but he was hoping to be able to just sit and relax.  Granted, this girl was probably thinking something at least a tiny bit similar before she was attacked.  He wasn't going to ask about it though, not until she was sheltered and by some heat source.  He didn't want to slow her down remembering some trauma.  "What kind of food do you like?"  He asked her as they walked.  He couldn't tell how close he was due to the darkness.  Only the path and nearby trees were illuminated.  "You must be starving."

It really wasn't long before they came to the city.  He was taken aback by momentary awe seeing buildings built on or in trees.  He was used to buildings being made out of the side of a mountain, but not trees.  Forest fires were probably one hell of a danger though.  Someone who seemed to be standing watched seemed to see them.  "Halt!"  They were being stopped.  To be fair there was something suspicious about a man with a weapon leading a mostly naked girl into a town.  Heck, he probably almost looked like a slave owner or something.  "Hey, we nee..."  A spear was pointed towards his chest.  "Relax.  This girl was attacked and left in the woods.  She needs some food, shelter, and clothes."  The man seemed to glare, keeping the spear to Ujiyasu's chest.  "We can settle this peacefully."  He hoped Lanai would clear up any potential misunderstanding.  Last thing he needed today was to be arrested.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:47 pm

Lanai wasn't messing his name up on accident. It was something she did to remember it from that point on. He didn't know that though. Ujiyasu was surprised by their location. Was he lost out here or something? The two began making their way back toward Ethaswen. She followed him, not the other way around. If he stopped, she stopped. If he looked back, she stared at him curiously. She never looked like she was afraid of him, but more wondering if she was doing something wrong. "Food? I, um... Warm. Right now, I don't think I like anything cold." she whispered lightly, her tone as sweet and soft as it was before, "I don't think I can eat anything... I'm not sure if it'll stay in my stomach."

The two came to the town and Lanai kept her head lowered. She was pretty much following Ujiyasu's back at this point. When he stopped, she stopped and looked up at his back. Hearing the voice of some sort of guard, Lanai leaned to the side and showed herself. She looked surprised at the guard who kept his spear at Ujiyasu's chest. Lanai was quiet while he explained what was going on and even for a bit afterwards, but when she saw the look of concern from the guard, Lanai stepped up behind Ujiyasu and nodded at the guard. She looked away ashamed. "He's telling the truth... I-I... was attacked." she said with her voice cracking, holding back the dam of emotions that were trying to break through.

The guard was still a bit suspicious, but let the two of them pass. When they continued into the town, Lanai looked around at the people who were still up. It wasn't that late, maybe an hour after dinner. Some people were still shopping, hanging with friends, and even working. Lanai walked up behind Ujiyasu and stayed really close. This was more than embarrassing and it was making her want to cry again. "I-I don't want to be here." she whispered to him as they walked, "People are going to see me... I can't let them see me like this. It's horrible." Lanai grabbed onto the back of Ujiyasu's clothing and tried to stop him from walking. "Please, just don't let anyone see me like this. I want to hide."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:41 pm

Lanai was following him like a lost obedient puppy.  She followed meekly, and then with curiosity if he stopped or anything.  It was a tad strange.  He almost felt like there was more to the story than she let on, which there was, but not in the way he was pondering.  As he asked about food, all she could come up with was warm.  "Not very specific."  Of course she went to clarify she probably wouldn't be able keep anything down.  "You'll probably need at least a little something."  He said, though he didn't press her too hard.  Her throwing up would make her condition worse.  "As long as you don't feel too hungry, it can wait."  Upon being stopped by the guard, Lanai thankfully spoke up and got them through.  Her condition didn't exactly make it convincing though.  Still, since he wasn't going to do anything illegal, they shouldn't pull any heat once he gets her more clothing.  It wasn't too late, so people were still around.  It is almost a shame town as so close.  The walk being longer would have allowed them to slip in without being seen so much.

Unsurprisingly, Lanai didn't want to be seen.  Ujiyasu turned and pulled the Kimono closed.  "My kimono is too big for you, keep it pulled shut and no one will see anything."  He said reassuringly.  What he needed to find was a place for them to stay and warm up.  An inn or something.  A clothing store would actually be the main focus.  "Let's get you some clothes first."  He looked around until he found a clothing store.  He pointed to it.  "There's one."  He lead her to it.  She didn't have any money though, her lack of everything kinda made that clear.  Unless she stored it somewhere weird.  He reached into his shirt and pulled out some gold pieces.  He basically never spent his money so it kinda built up.  He placed them in her hand.  "Here's some money."  Scratching his head, sighed.  "I imagine you wouldn't be to comfortable with a man you just met clothes shopping with you.  I'll wait by the entrance while you decide, unless you'd prefer I come with you.  Just remember, there's nothing to be ashamed of." From there, he went to wait by the entrance, unless she wanted him to go along with her inside.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Lanai's embarrassment was enough to make those in the store uncomfortable. Every rack she looked at didn't feel right. None of this was her style and it wasn't her money paying for it. She kept trying to find something on sale, but had to admit that she felt more comfortable just using her saviors cloak-thing. Every now and then, she glanced nervously over to him as if looking for some sort of sign. She didn't know what to get when it was someone else's coin. A woman came up to ask her if she needed help, but she froze up. "I... do-... I mean, I don't really... know." Lanai looked away from the associate and stepped back. The woman tried to get her to come back, but Lanai shook her head and turned back to the exit. She hurried over to Ujiyasu and placed the money back in his hand. "I can't." Lanai kept shaking her head. "Please don't make me. I can't do it. I can't... I don't want to be out here. Please."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:44 pm

She couldn't do it apparently.  She fled back to him and gave him back the money.  He sighed.  She just needed to be away from the public.  He knew as much, but he had found the clothing shop first and he was trying to take it one step at a time.  "Alright.  We'll find an inn then."  He waved casually to the confused sales associate.  "Sorry about the trouble."  He waved his hand to say follow him.  So now they were looking for an Inn.  "Sorry about that.  I thought you'd want to get your own clothes."  He lead her around for a few minutes before finding one.  The place was big, and looked pretty nice.  "Whew, that might work."  He turned to her.  "Let's get you warmed up."  He lead her to the inn, making sure to keep her close since she was so uncomfortable.  Once inside, it was still pretty nice.  He looked and saw a bench to the side.  "If you want to sit while I go get the rooms."  He said as he pointed.  He walked over to the front.  Discussing with the receptionist, he found out just how much more expensive it would be to get 2 separate rooms.  Rather, one room was as expensive as 2 usually were.  He nodded and turned to Lanai.  "Well, I don't have money for 2 separate rooms.  Are you okay with that?  Or should I look for somewhere cheaper?  I'm leaving it up to you." If she wanted to go somewhere else, he would not stop her. Still, with how she was she probably needed to get to some private room as soon as she possibly can. If she was okay with it, he'd pay and head to the room with her. Of course, this Inn is expensive for a good reason.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Lanai was thankful when he did not push her to spend his money. She did not want to stand in that store any longer than she had to. She did not want to be out in public. She felt dirty. She wanted to be clean, away from prying eyes. She felt judged every time someone glanced her way for a simple greeting. She couldn't stand the anxiety. The two went searching for an inn. Lanai kept close to him, trying to hide behind his figure. The inn they found was very nice. It was carved into a large tree, each trim decorated beautifully. The sign was carved ornately into the trees trunk and said "Oak Leaf Inn." Inside was quite beautiful as well, most of it catching Lanai's attention. She enjoyed the smells of baking bread coming from the kitchen, while she didn't like the strong scent of tobacco coming from an older gentleman's pipe. Lanai chose to continue to keep close to Ujiyasu instead of waiting.

"H-Here's fine." Lanai said with guilt in her eyes and voice. The receptionist was a lovely lavender-haired elven woman gowned in a white dress, decorated with a brown corset. She served them happily and gave them their room keys and directions to it. The two went to the room and during their walk, Lanai became more and more fidgety. She waited for Ujiyasu to open the door. Once he did, she stepped in either after him or when he motioned for her to go in. Once in and the door was closed, she looked around the room. It was nice, but there was only one bed. She didn't care. Her stomach suddenly went into knots and she couldn't stay still. She put a hand over her mouth and the other over her stomach. The moment she saw the bathroom door, she rushed to the toilet and threw up everything that was left in her stomach. It took her ten minutes before she left the bathroom.

After a long while of disturbing vomiting sounds, accompanied by sobbing, Lanai finally felt like she was able to calm down enough to function. She had been holding that in for way too long. She brushed her hair back with her hands, used water to rinse out her mouth, and then picked Ujiyasu's cloak off of the floor. She didn't entirely mean to drop it, but she was glad she did. Her hair covered most of her anyway, if he was the type to watch her. She rather she didn't get vomit on it. She wrapped it around herself again, finally getting a good look on what it actually was. It wasn't some cloak that was supposed to dangle along your shoulders. It was a robe-jacket of some sort. She had never seen anything like it. She put her hands through the sleeves and wrapped it around her. Finally, she came out of the bathroom and looked to him. "I didn't get anything on it, I promise... I-I-It's clean."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Ujiyasu avoided gawking at the receptionist due to her beauty, and paid the fee and took the key. "Thanks." He lead Lanai to the room, and just went in first. He knew she'd follow and she had a bit of habit of just waiting for him anyway. "Wow it really is nice. One bed th...Lanai?" He turned and saw her hand shoot to her mouth and her other to her stomach. He went to point to the bathroom but she seemed to locate it first. She immediately ran in. She didn't shut it, and she dropped his Kimono, so everything was visible. Well mostly, some was covered by hair. He found a chair that wasn't pointed anywhere near the bathroom and just sat down, unfortunately having to hear the sound of vomiting for the next 10 minutes. Finally it seemed to stop. But then she was crying. He decided to leave her, nothing he could do but wait. When she finally did come out she had his kimono on properly, well at least as properly as she could given the size disparity. She immediately reassured him she didn't get any of it on it. "It's fine. You must have been holding that in a long time." It's impressive that she managed to hold back the vomit THAT long. "Have a seat, relax. Lay down if you have to. Once your stomach settles some more we should get something in it. It wouldn't be healthy if you didn't eat anything at all after that." His hat was down over his eyes so they weren't very visible, but he lifted it up. "After that it's up to you. You probably need some fun or relaxation after whatever you've been through, though you'll need rest to. Speaking of which." He lifted the hat all the way out of his face. "How on earth did you end up like that?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Lanai was grateful when he reassured her that the robe-thing situation was fine. She pushed up her first real smile, thought it was very small and weak. "We were in public and people would watch... I didn't want..." Lanai stared at the ground, sighed, and then shook her head, "Nevermind." She wasn't going to talk about her reasons for not throwing up before. That was done. It was when he told her to lay down that she realized there was only one bed. Lanai walked slowly over to the bed and sat on the very edge, her hands pressed into it at her sides. "Something fun or relaxing... I wouldn't know what could make that happen." Lanai sighed again, her eyes closed in shame. When he asked about how things happened, flashes came through her mind and her eyes shot wide open in fear.

"Mmm..." she whimpered. Lanai brought her hands to her head and gripped her hair firmly. She didn't pull; she wasn't trying to harm herself or anything. She just wanted the memories out of her head. She wasn't ready to talk about it. "I don't want to... I don't want to remember. I don't want to talk about it. Make it go away. Get it out of my head..." Lanai bent over and gripped her own head tightly. "Make it stop! Please!" she begged and pleaded as the flashes continued. She closed her eyes again, shaking her head rapidly. "No, no, no, no, no. Please, stop!" Lanai was panicking and getting loud as well.

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:05 pm

She started to explain herself, but cut herself off pretty quickly.  She kinda gave away a lot of her reasoning there, but Ujiyasu didn't intend to bring that up.  She just walked slowly over to the bed and sat down.  She couldn't think of anything that would be fun or relaxing.  "I guess you're just gonna need some time to let this sit."  Then he asked his question about what happened.  She immediately whimpered.  "If it's too soon, you don't have to-"  She was grabbing her hair.  Suddenly she began to start rambling.  She didn't want to remember.  "Hey, hey!"  She just started shouting.  "Lanai, Lanai snap out of it.  Hey relax, nothing's going on.  Nothing's happening, you're okay."  He tried his best to stay comforting but he himself was a little loud since it was a surprising situation.  He already narrowly avoided being arrested as some slave owner, last thing he needed was to be declared a rapist.  He was actually afraid to touch her.  He didn't want to set her off more.  "Lanai, Lanai you're okay."  Finally he just had to try.  He gently held her shoulders.  "Lanai it's okay.  You're safe now."  He brought his voice back to his usual calm self, but added as much comfort as he could to it.  "Nothing is going to happen. Just calm down...okay? Take a deep breath."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Lanai wasn't able to shake the visions on her own. She couldn't entirely hear Ujiyasu's voice when he tried to calm her. The very base of it was getting to her, but it wasn't enough to stop her panicking. When he touched her shoulders, Lanai's entire body jumped harshly. She looked up to him with wide eyes, as if she were staring at something that was trying to kill her. They were trembling for a short bit, but when her mind registered Ujiyasu's face, she calmed down. "It's okay." she repeated his words, "I'm safe..." Lanai looked around the room and then back to him. She swallowed nervously and took the deep breaths that he was telling her to. She did it a few times more before speaking up.

"I don't want to remember it. Don't make me talk about it. Please. I can't do it." Lanai reached up and grabbed onto Ujiyasu's clothing with both hands. She kept a tight grip and he could feel her body shaking as she tried to even out her breathing. Lanai leaned forward an placed her forehead on his chest. "Thank you." she said, her voice a little raspy, "I should have said that before. You've been so kind. Thank you for helping me, for saving me. I don't know if I'll ever be able to repay you for it."

Schnockles
    Schnockles

Post by Schnockles Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Unsurprisingly, the moment that he put his hands on her while she was freaking out, she looked at him as if her life was in danger. Still, he managed to get through to her. Slowly she seemed to register her surroundings once more. She wasn't being attacked in the woods. She was sitting safely at a room in an inn with a man who actually had no intent on harming her. Then, she repeated what he said. She was okay. She was safe. Finally, she did as he said and took deep breaths. He could actually tell her heart rate was dropping down to more reasonable levels, that is how worked up she had previously been. Then she spoke again. She didn't want to remember. "I gathered as much. You don't have to do it." She gripped onto his clothing tightly, he practically was shaking from how much she was. She rested her forehead on his chest. He just let it happen. It had been awhile since someone rested their head on his chest. He vaguely remembered the feeling, though this time it was a complete stranger. Still it was an incredibly distressed stranger so he let keep doing it. She finally thanked him for everything he had done. Oh yeah, she hadn't thanked him at all until just then. Ujiyasu didn't even notice, mainly because he didn't mind. "You don't need to repay me for anything. No one deserves whatever it was that happened. Just keep trying to calm down. Then we can get you some food, maybe even some clothes if you're up for it." Ujiyasu looked out, there was a kitchen here. "Well there is food here. Once your ready we can go grab a bite. You said you wanted something warm right?" He spoke but remained still. She had been through a lot, so he decided to just let her rest as she was until she was ready to move.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanks to Ujiyasu, Lanai was able to calm down. She felt a lot better after taking time to breathe. The best part about it was having something to hold onto. She could repeat someone else's words forever, but it wouldn't truly make her feel safe. For some reason, holding onto him was relieving. She thanked him and he said there was no need. She accepted that, but still felt obligated to repay him somehow. However, thoughts of repayment left her mind quickly when he talked about leaving the room again. "N-N-No, i-it's okay." Lanai removed her hands from him and crawled back onto the bed, "I don't want to leave the room. It's safe here. I don't need to eat or get clothes. I'll just use the sheets o-o-or have them bring me some. Don't to worry about money because I'll have them send the bill back ho-..."

And that's when it hit her. Lanai had been wanting to go home where everything was familiar. She wanted to stay in her own little box until she could get back to where she felt she belonged, but that wasn't possible. Her face fell blank and she looked to Ujiyasu with an amount of helplessness in her eyes that an abandoned pup would have a hard time matching. "I... I don't have a home."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm