Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Midnight Train [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Midnight Train [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Midnight Train [CLOSED] Empty Midnight Train [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:40 pm

Anywhere. That was where this train could be heading. The darkness hid any form of scenery and masked the terrain. It was nearing 10 P.M. and there wasn't a soul in sight. Though, that was partly because they were still about an hour away from Fennmont. About six people sat in silence in car three. Car one was completely empty, and car two had three it looked like. The remaining four carriages were freight.

The streamlined steam engine roared through the night, and the rhythmic clacking of the track was almost enough to put Lucian to sleep. However, the newspaper was far more interesting than any dream he might have. Chances are, he probably wouldn't dream anyways. The dark circles under his eyes were imprints of days gone without sleep, although he had been doing better lately. He turned the page of the newspaper to read an article about taxes and new paperwork one might need to file. So exciting.

One of the larger men stood up, pulling out something sleek and metal. Lucian paid him no mind, even when he spoke. "All right, nobody make any funny moves. We've got our eyes on something here, and this train will be ours. This is a train theft! Understood?" Lucian raised his hand like a schoolboy, although he didn't look up from the newspaper. "Uh... what? You got a problem?" "Are you stealing the train?" "...W-what? Of fucking course not, you dimwit." Lucian turned the page again. "Well, then it's a train robbery. Well, I guess it's more of a train mugging, honestly."

There was a snicker from another one of the passengers. It seemed there were three people, Lucian included, that were not standing and holding their weapons. They were rifles. Bolt-action and tube-fed. Accurate... but stupid in a situation like this. Lucian didn't notice the large man approach him until he was blocking out the light above him. "You're blocking my light." Lucian looked him, his glasses hiding his turquoise eyes. "How about I knock out your lights?" The man's fist went towards Lucian's face. It hit him, and he fell out of the bench and onto the floor. His glasses bent, but they didn't break. "Talk about inconvenient..."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Midnight Train [CLOSED] Empty Re: Midnight Train [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Midnight Train [CLOSED] Header%201_zpsu9jxcsuz

The cool night air and the steady rhythm of a silent train ride allowed Lilith Antonovich to fall asleep in her seat. With her arms crossed along her chest, pushing her bust up for any on lookers to oogle, Lilith's head fell slightly to the side. Her soft white hair fell over her face, shaping the gentle contours of her cheek. Lilith was a beauty to be sure, but also a deadly woman with enough power to stop the train with her own two hands. When the obnoxiously booming voice of a certain individual brought the train to life, Lilith's eyes crept open until they fell on the robbers who threatened everyone. She sat up in her seat and watched the scene with tired eyes. Finally, something interesting was happening.

Lilith was intrigued by the other passenger. He was rather gutsy, especially when the robbers were as armed as they were. Lilith knew nothing about the more modern weaponry, so the guns didn't phase her. And neither did the men. The few other passengers coward in fear, one of them being a young child, which automatically kept Lilith alert. The man's snarky attitude was not met kindly, but with a fist to his face. The man fell out of his chair and onto the floor not three feet away from her. Lilith uncrossed her legs and pressed her boot underneath his chin to make him look up at her. "Hey. Don't you think it would be safer for you and the other passengers just to leave the nimrods alone?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:55 pm

The woman's leg was nice to look at, Lucian had to admit. It wasn't too short and stubby, but neither was it long and lanky. Sure, it was a little skinny, but all-in-all it was a good leg. It fit her nicely. Lucian made sure not to say such thoughts as he looked up at her. It was hard for him not to look up her skirt as much as possible. To be honest, he had no idea what he'd see. After a few biology classes, he had known just what kind of diseases a woman may have. And a woman who would just so casually lift up someone's chin with a boot? There was about an 80% chance of her being a professional dominatrix.

"Not necessarily." Lucian shrugged one arm, his chin just sort-of resting on her boot. "On the one hand, their weapons are good for a single shot, but the time in-between shots would allow someone to move. On the other hand, they're guns. And a normal person can't outrun a bullet. Well, normal as in non-Arcanist. You're obviously not a full-blooded Zakatian, or at least that's some really nice dye and colored contacts, so I guess 'normal' here might not be 'normal' for you."

Lucian shrugged again, and he wrinkled his nose to adjust his askew glasses. He began to whisper to the attractive woman. "And besides, I have a feeling they have a different idea than robbing passengers." The large man from before, still irked at being corrected for a simple mistake, stomped over. "What the hell are you two blabberin' about? I said shut up and don't make any funny moves." A swift kick to Lucian's ribs made him make an almost-annoyed grunt. The man brought a hand down to try and slap Lilith to put her in her place.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Lilith giggled at the words of this strange human. He really was a brave one. She glanced at the weapons the others had and nodded. "Well, alright then." Lilith said and then Lucian mentioned their goal, "Yeah, you're probably ri-..." Lilith was cut off when the bastard robber kicked him in the ribs. Lilith looked up to see the man trying to hit her as well. She raised an eyebrow and in a flash had her hand up and pointing right at his palm. When hit hit, it was no different than a man slamming his hand down on the pointy end of a knife. Her finger went straight through. The man jumped back and yelled at the top of his lungs as blood poured down his hand. His henchmen all backed up after that.

"Mmm..." Lilith licked the blood off of her finger and looked to the leader with a smile, "A little too fatty for my tastes, but not bad at all. I'd calm down on the red meat though; you have no idea what that does to your body if you eat too much." Lilith tilted her head frighteningly to the side, her smile just as scary as her eyes began to glow demonically. "Now... Should we talk about this? I don't really like scaring children, so it'd be nice if I didn't have to rip you to shreds. I could though, if you want."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:18 pm

There is a difference between being brave and simply not caring. Lucian was not brave. He was not a hero. He wouldn't go out and dive in front of a train to save some old lady. No, that wasn't his thing. He just didn't care about the the threat these bimbos posed. Lucian's eyes had barely opened when he felt something warm touch his cheek. He saw the blood dripping from the man's hand. Lucian blinked in actual confusion. His mouth opened in surprise, but he wasn't overall shocked or scared. He saw the white-haired beauty's finger still outstretched, covered in blood. It didn't take long for him to connect the dots. "Okay, make that a 70% chance."

Lucian slowly got to his ass, and he spent a few seconds fixing his glasses. The man who was now missing a quarter-size chunk of flesh was screaming his lungs out. This caused the kid to scream. Lucian was getting tired of these loud noises. "What... what... what the fuck are you?!" The man raised a small pistol and fired. The bullet missed, as he was still shaking. He fired a second shot. The bullet would have hit Lilith had it not stopped. No, it quite literally stopped right as it left the barrel. Lucian put his glasses on as the men looked at the floating bullet. They then looked to Lilith with wide eyes. "M-m-m-m-m-monster!" And the remaining two put Lilith in their sights, but it was more likely they wouldn't hit anything.

As the three men were babbling about Lilith being a monster, Lucian had already begun moving. He had grabbed his newspaper and was now crawling towards the mother and child. He gave her a small smile as he put the newspaper in front of them. "There are some nice comics in this issue. I'd pay more attention to them than what's going on. It's all boring adult stuff." Lucian was trying to reassure the child before the second volley of gunshots rang out. And one of the bullets stopped just like the other. However, the other did not...
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:59 pm

"Seventy percent chance of what?" Lilith questioned him with an eyebrow raised. The man freaked out and Lilith turned her attention back to him. The man just opened fire, missed. Opened fire and would have hit, but the bullet stopped. Lilith raised an eyebrow and looked at the bullet. Since it was going to hit her nose, she went cross eyed when doing so. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the man walking away. He must have done it. Interesting. Another wave of bullets were fired off and most of them stopped. One kept going and slammed into Lilith's arm. "I'm not even sure that is going to leave a bruise..." Lilith said as she watched the bullet fall to the ground, "It stung, so it might, but something tells me I won't see it." Lilith wiped off her shoulder and sighed as she stood up from her seat.

"I told you I didn't want to scare the kid. You didn't listen. Now, you... I don't know." Lilith waved her hand around trying to think of something other than the word die, "Are going to get your ass kicked, I guess." It was then that she noticed her new friend distracting the child. "Oh, you die. Okay, this works." Lilith's leg shot up for a direct strike to the underline of the leaders jaw. People heard and she could feel the man's bone shatter under the impact of her kick. The cracking sound would be disturbing to most, but she had heard it before. As their leader fell to the ground, Lilith send another kick to the other's side and felt his ribs crack under the pressure. "You guys got on the wrong train." Lilith said and then finished the last guy off with a nice punch straight into the chest. "Alright, they're down."

In the end, Lilith did not kill the men. She let them live only because there was a child on the train and the kid didn't need to see something like that at their age. Lilith stood over the three men and looked up and down the train a few times. "I'm curious about something... What the hell is on this train that they would want to rob it?" she asked and then looked to Lucian, "Do you have any idea?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Lucian made sure not to look at the carnage going on behind him. Partly because he didn't want to say anything to startle the child. However, he just did not want to see blood. Especially not as much blood as it sounded like he might. She had stabbed a guy through his hand with her finger. Yeah, he was not going to look at what else she could do. Which was unfortunate, as he probably would have gotten a nice look at how flexible she was. He'd just have to imagine it.

Once the child's mother took the newspaper, he stood. Lucian continued to fix his glasses as Lilith spoke to him. "Engine is a Lewis and Sons four-six-four type, but they said they weren't after the train proper." Lucian was speaking somewhat matter-of-factly, but it was obvious he was just remembering facts. "Seven cars. First three were passenger. Car one was not boarded and the lantern is off. Car two has less than five passengers in it. I'd suspect they're part of the group these guys are with. As for the remaining four cars..."

"All of them were sealed shut before we boarded. Wait, the one at the end." Lucian thought for a moment, then his eyes went wider for a moment before returning to normal. "It was different. Sure, it was colored green like the other three, but it was made of metal. Metal is used for two things on this kind of train—refrigeration or armor." Lucian grabbed a briefcase from above his seat. "My guess is that the car two passengers went outside through the service ladder and are going to be going to that car. We were just a distraction. Logic says they're going to be going after whatever's in there. So how sharp are your fingers? You think you can cut through about... two inches of rubber and sand?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:04 pm

The moment he opened his mouth, Lilith was confused. He talked a lot and was giving a lot of useless information in the process. It was making Lilith more confused! It wasn't until he asked about her finger that she returned her attention to him. "Wait, what?" Lilith tilted her head, "If I have to, why? It's easier to punch my way out of shit... My fingers aren't exactly sharp, that guy was just really weak and very stupid... Okay! Everything you said just went over my head, so why don't you speak Arcadian or Zakatian and keep the details to a minimum. There is no need for all that extra shit right now. What exactly is happening with the passengers in the other car? And what about sand and rubber?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:14 pm

"What, is this not the language you speak?" Lucian spoke in fluent Salan. After a smirk assured her it was a joke, he put his hand to his chin. Then, like a scientist in a comic, he raised it in a 'eureka!' pose. "My suspicion is that the other passengers are also part of the band of train robbers. They probably snuck above us and are at the rear car now, which is this group's actual goal. As for sand and rubber... There are tiny cables in between the cars for brakes. Some cars have a sand tank too for putting sand on the tracks. I don't know which is which, and we're going to need to cut both if it comes down to it."

"In other words... You and I are going to sneak out the back of this car and either disconnect all of the cargo carriages or make our way to the veeeery end and disconnect the very last one." Lucian popped his neck. "And the name is Lucian, by the way."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:23 pm

"I speak everything, but I am not fluent in Nethorallian." Lilith said in Cierian and then moved into Braukan, complimenting his smirk with her own. He went onto explain in a way that she understood, which meant he excluded needless details. "Or we can just kick their asses? Stay behind me." Lilith pretty much walked through the carts with ease. She ripped the doors open, none of them able to withstand her strength. Once he walked through, she forced them back shut whether they wanted to work or not. She had him guide her to the rear car and once they got there, she stopped to look at him. "So my way is to usually punch it and kick it until things listen. Is there a reason we should do this differently? I don't want anything to explode or derail the train, so I'll be willing to listen." she asked. It seemed the others were already inside and too stupid to put a lookout up.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Lucian's face drew downwards, and he gave her a quite impressed look. He wasn't surprised she didn't speak Nethorallian. No one really was. Lucian gave her his plan, which was a simple one. Detach the car, leave the rest of them in the middle of nowhere, and the rest of them would be on their merry way to Fennmont. Simple enough, right? No, apparently not for her. She just wanted to kick ass. Greeeaaat. "Gladly. I don't make too good of a shield anyways."

Lucian shrugged and filed in behind her. He had to avoid screws and hinges from the doors she ripped off, and it was quite terrifying. It wasn't too hard to guide her to the rear car. Trains kind of only go in a straight line. He wasn't going to point that out, but it was close to being done. "Main reason... I don't know what's in there. It could be a bomb. It could be ice cream. It could even be a prisoner—I've seen some cars disguised as freight cars that actually hold prisoners. I'm going to say it's probably not that though. Before you rip that door off though..." Lucian leaned in to inspect something on the door.

"Well, it's probably not ice cream. That's a symbol used by the Universitas Occulatus. Uh, the big tech college in Zakat. Hmm... no department number, so this is just a universal car... Hmm. Well, I have a solution. Why don't you go open that door, letting me look in real quick. If it's dangerous, I cut it off from the train. If it's not, you do your thing." Lucian gave her a questioning thumbs up.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:49 pm

"I feel like I make a good shield though." Lilith shrugged and smiled like a brat. The two made it to the car they needed to make it to and Lucian had a plan. Well, it seemed like it might be a plan. He seemed to know a lot actually. "A prisoner, I can take easily. A bomb would destroy the tracks and likely the train as well..." Lilith thought about the situation to herself for a moment when he decided he had a solution. She was supposed to open the door and let him peek inside? "And if they already have those guns pointed at the door?" she asked with an eyebrow raised, "You're not bulletproof, I am."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:21 pm

"Well, I guess I'd just have to use my shield, huh?" Lucian gave her a sort-of blank stare. "In all seriousness, I have a better chance of identifying whatever the hell is in there than you do. If it's a bomb, I can say 'oh shoot, it's a bomb!' Followed by us ducking back in here, you shutting the door, and us cutting the car free. Probably followed by some rude shouting coming from it as it just sort of slowly pulls away." Lucian sighed, as that probably wasn't going to convince her. "Look, if it comes to them shooting, I have my ways around it. But in the meantime..."

Lucian opened up the briefcase. It looked empty save for some papers. He let them fly off into the wind, and he opened up a false bottom. "You never know when you might need something like this." Lucian pulled out what looked to be a metal aerosol can. He was wearing gloves, and the bottle seemed to be smoking in the crisp air. "Liquid nitrogen. New thing out of UO. Got me a sample as I left, and never had a chance to use it." Lucian hopped onto the rear car and began climbing the ladder up. It wasn't really a ladder, but a set of rungs that let someone get atop the carriage. He motioned for Lilith to follow.

Lucian carefully moved over to the center. "If they have guns aimed at the door, or doors, then... let's make our own door." Lucian shook the bottle thrice and began spraying a large circle big enough for both of them to fit through. The metal froze. Slowly, but surely, there was the distinct pattern of ice crystals forming on the roof. "Alright. So... you just slam your foot down, fall in, and kick their asses. Good? Good." Lucian nodded and stepped back to let Lilith do her thing.

Inside the carriage, the three passengers were sitting around a long, metal cigar. It was open on one end. The sleek metal reflected the lantern they had hanging on the wall. A pair of unconscious guards slumped against the far wall. And sure enough, one of the guys had a sawn-off shotgun aimed at the door. Shield or not, one of those pellets probably would have gone through and hit Lucian. The other two were unpacking other crates. Inside were smooth metal sheets folded into almost an oval with a flat end.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 pm

And there was the confirmation she needed. She just smirked at him. That was easier than she thought. It was him with the bullet stopping. Cool. "Alright, alright! We'll go with your plan." Lilith just shook her head at him. Lilith followed his lead with a leap up to the car and making it there in half the time. She kept staring at that can of his, wondering what it was actually going to do. She watched with curiosity as he 'made his own door' and the moment he said slam her foot down... SLAM!

The loud noise obviously alerted them to her presence. Lilith hopped into the car through the hole quickly took note of her situation and decided it would be easy to take these guys out. She charged the first three and began knocking them out in the old fashioned way, with her fists. Two of them went down, but the one with the shotgun was able to get a shot out. Lilith gasped from the pain, having been hit at pretty close range. "Son of a..." She decided it was time to take care of that one.

Lilith was able to quickly disarm him, removing his weapon and tossing it off the train. With a few well aimed kicks, Lilith threw the rest of the men in the corner and pointed at them. "Stay." she said then looked up the hole to Lucian. "Alright smart person... Lucian, yeah. That." Lilith remembered his name, "You can come on down." As he came down, she dusted the pellets off of her body and looked at the wound. That one actually was going to bruise and badly. "That one... actually did hurt. Ow."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Lucian watched as she kicked ass. She also was apparently a good basketball player too. The shotgun went off once, but not long after it flew through the hole they had made. Lucian caught it, fumbled a moment, then held it close as he watched this... superhuman, for lack of a better term, finish the job. He made a low whistle as she kicked him rather handily. Once given the order, he jumped down. He nearly landed on the metal cigar. "For one, my name isn't a 'that.' But thank you for remembering."

"For two, nice job. Quite impressive. For three... no blood, but I guess you're not completely bulletproof." Lucian gave her a half-hearted smile then started looking at the metal cigar. "Wait a minute..." Then Lucian looked in boxes. "You're kidding, right?" He looked at one of the would-be thieves, then back at the cigar. "Is this? No way..." He knocked on the closed end, and it sounded hollow. Lucian began to laugh. "Hey, lady who doesn't want give me her name apparently. Question for you. How do you like," Lucian pulled off the closed end of the cigar, "cocaine?" Bundles of white powder fell on the floor of carriage.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Lilith laughed at his 'that' comment. "Well, aren't you cute." she stepped up to him and whispered a little seductively into his ear. He went on with his list and she just stood back and watched him. Lilith watched him curiously as he discovered the things contents. "Lilith." she said to give him her name, "Hm?" Lilith looked in shock about the amount of cocaine that had just been dumped over the floor. She kinda understood how much that shit was worth. "We're heading into Fennmont right now. If this shit gets into the city, it could cause quite a few issues that Zakat will like. And if people find out it came from Arcadia.... more issues than either country already has. What the hell should we do with it?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:43 am

Lucian blinked, then nodded. "Thanks, you too." He wasn't entirely immune to her charms, but it was hard for him to go weak in the legs. Even for someone like Lilith. He was glad to get her name. It was a pretty name, and he'd comment on that later. Right now, it was more imperative to figure out this cigar. "Hmm... I'm not a fan of war, so let's not let this get to Fennmont."

Lucian thought, the nodded. "Hmm... One moment." He unlocked the door and walked into the previous carriages. He returned carrying some thin rope and a crate. "They really should put these in something a little more secure." Lucian pulled out two sticks of dynamite from the crate. "So I'm going to need you to help me with something." Lucian pointed upwards. "Use my can of liquid nitrogen and make a bigger hole around the first one. Like, probably as big as you can make it. And then, let me know when you're done. We're going to make a very, very, very big firework." Lucian began packing the cocaine back into the hollow end, while also sticking the dynamite in there. He took the thin rope and began wrapping it around the cigar.

After about five minutes, half of the roof above him was gone. "Good, good." Lucian stepped back, then nodded. The cigar was standing up now. "Alright, Lilith. Come down here." Once she got back down, Lucian then nodded to the unconscious thieves. "Question... do we want these guys—" That was when one of them shot upwards and held a gun to Lucian's head. "Well, that... was not expected." "Alright, you two have been a pain in the ass for too damn long. Those drugs are ours, and we're not letting you take them from us!"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Needless to say, Lilith was confused. She had no idea what was going on because she wasn't a scientist. She was not into trains, or drugs, or whatever this can of freezing stuff was. She just did as she was asked and created the second hole, though the entire time she held an expression that showed everything he was doing was going over her head. She returned to his side when he asked and suddenly one of the men jumped up and held a gun to his head. Lilith just looked at the  guy with the most annoyed expression. "Holy shit. Are you fucking kidding me?" Lilith tilted her head, "I single handedly knocked out your entire fucking crew. I left you all alive and you still think that you can do shit about it? If you were smart, you would have stayed down you fucking moron."

Lilith shot both of her arms outwards. Her left went around Lucian and pulled him into her while her right pushed the guy's gun away. The man was ready to kill, but the simultaneous action Lilith did allowed her to move the gun and Lucian just enough to allow the bullet to pass by Lucian's hand. However, it did slide up the back of her hand and shot into the wall. Lilith tightened her grip around the man's wrist and broke it under the pressure. The man yelled in pain and Lilith decided to shut up him with a precise kick to the side of his head. "You alright?" Lilith asked, scratching the tiny scrape on the back of her hand. "Let's hurry up and get this shit done. Wanna check on the kid in the other car."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Lucian blinked as he was pulled into Lilith. She was cold. Not quite as cold as a corpse, but she was close. It was unnerving. Even for him, it was too odd. The bullet whizzed past his ear, cutting it slightly and also hitting his hand. He heard the sound of a bullet against metal and he just stayed there, close to Lilith. He felt the warm sting of blood dripping from his ear, and it was at that moment he realized just how close to death he actually came.

Before, Lucian had kept up a demeanor of nonchalance because he could stop a bullet if there was some range between him and the gun. This time, he couldn't have. He had trusted in Lilith to do something. She had, but even that had been too slow. Lucian was not even an inch away from losing his life. That scared him. The moment he knew he was safe, Lucian pulled away from Lilith. He struggled to find something in his briefcase. He found it without saying a word to Lilith. He was moving faster. It was like he had to focus on something to keep himself from breaking down.

Lucian pulled out a silvery lighter. It took him four tries to light it. He pressed the flame against the thin rope, and then nodded to himself. "Let's go." Lucian grabbed his briefcase and practically ran back to the passenger car. When he got there, he froze. Lucian thought of that guy from before raising his gun and shooting him. "If things have gone bad... why don't you go in first?" Lucian could not look Lilith in the eyes as she opened the door—and the men from before were still unconscious. Lucian sighed in relief. He still looked pale, but there wasn't that characteristic nonchalance he had. "Thank you, by the way."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Lilith watched Lucian with an eyebrow raised. His entire demeanor changed. "Hey, are you freaking out?" she asked, but he didn't seem to hear her. She shrugged it off and waited for him. Once she was given the signal to go, she followed him out toward the other car. Realizing that the others may be awake now, he asked her to go first. "Sure." she walked into the other car, ready to kick some ass, but they were all still knocked out. "Hm?" Lilith turned to Lucan and raised an eyebrow, "Thank you for what?" After he explained, she nodded and went over to the unconscious men. She made sure to tie them all up using whatever she could find, usually their own shirts and belts. "How long until we reach Fennmont? If these guys wake up again, they could be an issue." Lilith asked, glancing around the car.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Lucian returned her raised eyebrow. Should it not be obvious? "You, well, saved my life back then." Lucian sighed and returned his briefcase to the rack above his seat. He took his seat again and thought. Well, thinking wasn't entirely right. Lucian was calming down. He was replaying the scene from before over and over again. She moved faster than the bullet. That was above superhuman. He'd want to talk to her about that. Lucian was snapped out of his thinking by Lucian. He made a surprised sniffle. "I'd... say about an hour, an hour and a half? Something like that."

"If need be, we can toss them off the train." Lucian was serious about that one. "Or we can throw them in the cargo car behind us. Tie them up with... something. There might be some rope or chain in there." Then, there was a roar from the rear of the train. The whole train shuddered for a few seconds before it stabilized. Lucian looked confused, then his eyes went wide with recognition. "Oh right, I forgot." About five seconds later, it was easy to hear a massive boom even further behind and above them. "Aaaand there goes what they were looking to steal. So, Lilith... how long are you going to be in Fennmont? I'd like to get you something as thanks for being the one that saved this train."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:21 pm

"Hm. Well, you're welcome." she nodded to him and then they moved to their original car. He answered her questions and so she took her seat again. With one leg crossed over the other, Lilith laid her head back and crossed her arms over her chest. She was going to take this time to relax, but Lucian brought up what to do with them. "Just turn them in when we reach Fennmont." she said, her eyes still closed. Her eyes shot open when the car shook and she heard the loud boom. Lilith looked to him with a raised eyebrow again. "Is that what you did with that stuff? You blew it into the air? Clever idea." Lilith chuckled and then went back to relaxing. She turned to him again when he spoke to her and shrugged. "Don't know. Could be a day, could be weeks." Lilith said and then smirked at him, "You don't need to get me anything. I doubt I'd want anything you would be willing to give in the first place."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:18 am

"It wasn't really that clever. That was a Zakatian-made rocket they had stolen or something. They were probably going to launch it over Nethoral and into Brauk. I've heard of people trying that... It's cheaper than going around and safer than going through. That's the theory anyways." Lucian then sighed and relaxed a bit as the imminent danger left his mind. "Hm? I wouldn't challenge me, but it's not that I really need to. I'm not the most proper person, but I'd still like to thank you. If you really don't want to be treated nice, then that's fine, buuuut... offer is only good because you saved me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm