Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

In the Blue Season [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 Empty Re: In the Blue Season [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 pm

In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 Header5

Alain's smile only grew as she placed her hand over her heart, as if to calm it down. "Don't do that... You scared me." His smile showed he knew just that. Hell, his smile showed that's what he wanted. He liked pulling people's legs like that. She only made it easier. He had forgotten just how many times he had made her blush and other things with his sly remarks. He was confident, and he was not afraid to show it off. Although, he's certainly not as egotistical as someone who wears an entire suit of armor made of gold. But she played right into his traps, which meant no harm. All jokes he made, whether verbal or practical, were all meant to do only one thing—make the other person laugh. It may not come at first. They may scream and yell at first. But then, always, they laugh. And Alain liked to see people laugh.

"Well I don't put have much salt in my diet, so I don't keep it or pepper in the house... And it's blackberry..." She spoke about the salt, pepper, and jam. Combined into one thing, it's pretty damn disgusting—6 out of 5 doctors agree. But thankfully this was all about different parts of this delicious meal. Salt was understandable. Not many people like salt. Pepper on the other hand... that almost shocked him. He's seen people without salt before. Had he been expecting a meal when he went on that walk, he would have brought some with him. But no pepper? Really? That made one of his eyebrows raise as he sampled the jam-covered toast. "I have never met anyone who doesn't keep pepper around." He didn't talk with his mouth full, but he still held the piece of toast until he decided to set it down. "Is there any real reason behind that?"

Then they began to talk about the offer of her living with him. Honestly, it was a pleasant thought. The only bad part is that he'd have no idea when his parents would come and visit. They have an unhealthy habit of not notifying him beforehand. "I don't have much at all... Probably just a bag of clothes. I obviously can't bring my garden with me, so that's all I'll need. You don't have to worry about a trunk full of make-up and swimsuits." He smiled, not realizing the latter was her teasing. He thought it was her being serious, which was good. "Good, good. I think I can handle carrying that." He was about to pick up that half-eaten piece of toast when he thought of something. "Although, there is some room around my house if you'd like to try and plant a garden. I don't know how long you'd be there, but you may want to take some seeds just in case." He picked that toast up again... "Who knows, if you leave before they're ready for harvest, I may have a new hobby." But only now did he take a bite.

And suddenly the conversation switched to her and boats. Or rather, if she got seasick. "I don't get sea sick..." "That's a relief. So I take it you have been on a boat before then?" It was a relief, but the fact she didn't say I've never been on a boat or I don't know made him curious. "What kind was it?" What kind of boat mattered. A little rowboat would move around differently than a big sailing ship. "Because what we're going on is little more than an oversized raft. We won't even get out of the carriages." It sounded dangerous... and it was. But the boat was unique in that it was driven by a steam engine pulling a chain. That sounds odd, but the chain would lie at the seafloor with each end attached to a sturdy anchor at each port. This was crude, but it was quick to set up and a lot quicker (and more reliable) than a sail-driven craft.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue May 13, 2014 10:37 am

In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 Serenity2_zps4b943f53

"I have never met anyone who doesn't keep pepper around." he said as she took another bite of bacon, "Is there any real reason behind that?" Serenity thought for a moment and shook her head.  She waited until she was done chewing and then spoke up. "Not really. I've just always thought of salt and pepper as something that goes together..." she explained with a light shrug, "If you're not going to have one, no point in the other." The conversation flowed along between the two of them. It seemed they were both happy about living together for a while. Serenity had suspicions on why he was so happy about it, but she chose not to bring them up. It's not like they were anything bad anyways. "Good, good. I think I can handle carrying that." he said and she shook her head. "You don't have to carry my things." she told him and then took a couple of bites as he talked.

"Although, there is some room around my house if you'd like to try and plant a garden. I don't know how long you'd be there, but you may want to take some seeds just in case." he told her while being a little indecisive with his toast, "Who knows, if you leave before they're ready for harvest, I may have a new hobby." Serenity blinked a few times. It didn't feel right. If he didn't already have a garden, it was probably something he wasn't into in the first place. "Um... I think that's okay." she told him kindly, "I don't need a garden there." She'd actually like to plant a garden up there, but she wouldn't because of the possibility of her leaving. She could be there a couple of months or a week. She didn't know. There was no point in messing up his yard just to leave him with the work later. She'll just have to be very careful with what she eats at his house. Oh, right. That's something she should explain: her allergies.

Well she was going to explain, but the conversation moved forward to boats. And right then, it slipped right out of her mind. "That's a relief. So I take it you have been on a boat before then?" he asked. "Uh'huh." she nodded happily. "What kind was it?" he asked. "A really... really big one?" she glanced off to the side, her cheeks tinted pink. How was she supposed to know what kind it was! She just stepped on and it went! "Because what we're going on is little more than an oversized raft. We won't even get out of the carriages." he said and she just shrugged. She had no idea what he meant, so she'd go with the flow when the time came. "When are we leaving?" she asked and then took the final bite of her food, chewed, and then swallowed, "We should get you back to your likely worried friends. You have been out all night." Serenity glanced toward a window, "It seems the rain is gone, hopefully not coming back."

"I'll get packing." she said and picked up her plate. If he was finished, she'd happily take his as well. Since she was leaving, she'd just rinse them off and set them in the sink. Now that she was thinking about it, what in god's name was she doing? She knew she was leaving with Alain, that much was obvious. But what was going to happen to this place? Was it going to be taken down? Was it going to be left here to rot? She knew she wasn't coming back to this place ever again, but what did that mean for her own home? Serenity began thinking about this to herself. Her expression saddened a bit as she walked instinctively around the house. She went to the laundry room first and pulled out all of her now dry clothes. After that, she made her way back to the bedroom and pulled out a single bag she usually packed on long trips. She packed away five different outfits, all of her nightgowns, one of the only two pairs of shoes she had, and all of the underwear that could fit. Once she forced shut, she carried it out of the room. It was heavy for her, but not likely for Alain. "This is... all I need." she said with a soft smile, "Ready to go?" She kept a smile, but it was obvious that Serenity was still nervous...
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 5 Header5

"You don't have to carry my things." Alain smiled to her, showing sincerity of the highest degrees. "Have to? You misunderstand. It's not that I have to or want to out of some chivalrous gentleman act." He put his hand under his chin, stroking it as if he had a beard. Which he didn't, of course, as he always keeps a clean shave. "How should I put this... Hmm... The best way to put is... think of it as a start of a repayment for your generous hospitality." Alain continued to smile, and he wasn't going to back down from that position. That isn't saying that this "position" is a lie or wrong or whatnot—Alain really felt he'd have to repay her for her hospitality. The main payment was going to be her living with him, but there needed to be a down payment.

Then the conversation turned to a garden. Alain was serious when he was suggesting for her to plant a garden. Honestly, he almost wanted her to—if only for her own sake. He didn't know if there were certain foods or even certain chemicals on foods that she'd be allergic to, and the best way was for her to handle it herself. Of course, none of that was his thought process. His thought process was: she liked gardening, so it could help her adjust. "Um... I think that's okay. I don't need a garden there." And that was a disappointment. For once, he wasn't going to push that issue too much. He was inviting her to stay, and he didn't want to make it seem like he was making her plant a garden. "Well, if you change your mind, the offer will still be there for a garden."

The conversation turned to boating, and it turned out she had been on a boat. What kind? "A really... really big one?" That's not a type of boat... but it at least narrowed it down some. She'd be fine on that little raft as long as she listened to Alain. "When are we leaving?" That was a good question. It was a decent carriage ride away, so he... er they would need to leave soon. It was rare for Alain to be so reliant on someone else's schedule, even as a professor. "We should get you back to your likely worried friends. You have been out all night. It seems the rain is gone, hopefully not coming back." Alain was in the middle of chewing up the last of his toast when she said "worried friends." He almost spit it out from laughing. He swallowed it, coughed, and chuckled a bit. "Likely hungover friends." Alain corrected her. "I think they have more things to worry about than little ol' me. Either way, we should get ready soon." Alain took the last strawberry and ate it in a single bite. He had a skill for that, somehow.

"I'll get packing." She reached for his plate, and he handed it to her. He'd help her with the dishes... but Alain had no idea when she'd be back—if she ever would, so there kind of was no point in her actually doing anything with them. So she just set them in the sink. While she went to get packed, Alain grabbed his coat, and then his sabre. He put the belt around him that held the sabre in place, then drew it rather fast, showing it was back in the right position. He brushed his hair with his hands, adjusted his glasses, and went for his boots and socks. After they were on, she came out of her room. "This is... all I need." As expected, Serenity's bag was overstuffed... and looked heavy. Well, for her it looked heavy. "Ready to go?" Alain shook his head. "No, there's one last thing." He reached a hand out towards her. "I'll be carrying that." He smiled. He was such a nice yet stubborn guy. He reached out and lightly snatched her bag. Even though she gave a bit of a pout, he led her out of the door. Her house... well, Alain would admit it was quaint and nice. He had no idea what she was going to do in the future... Would she return? The fates say...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:23 am