Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] Empty A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:53 pm

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] Header%201_zpsxchsemsk

“Mmm... Mmmmm...”

Although a very cute girl when you look at her, a grown woman whining like an upset puppy while walking down the street was not an every day sight. Alison Chase was both beautiful and cute. Her tyrian purple colored eyes were unique in color. Her brown hair was well taken care of, soft to look at. Her clothing consisted of a strapless white dress with a green skirt over the bottom half and a brown corset that pulled the entire thing together, including that busty upper half. She had a frilly gold and white headband with flowers to the sides, with white ribbons that fell through her silky hair. She had small sleeve-like decorative wraps around her upper arms that were not connected to the dress and wore nice brown sandals to bring the outfit together. Needless to say, the woman had a fashion sense that not all would care for, but those who did would love her for it. And around her neck was a beautifully ornate pendant that most noticed before anything else, excluding that upper bod of hers.

Unfortunately, on this day, cute little Alison Chase was walking solemnly along the town. For now, she was in a small village in Arcadia. She stopped here because she found the scenery gorgeous. She had picked up a new hobby and thought this place would be perfect, but something was missing. She stared sadly down at the camera in her hands. She bought it from Zakat before she came here. Yes, her new hobby was taking pictures, photography at it's finest. She just couldn't get the perfect shot. One thing about Alison was that if she wanted to do something, she wanted to do it right. She looked around for something to catch her eye. A new scene, a new background, a child, a woman, a man. She needed something that was just... “Perfect...” she said when she saw him. He was the perfect man. He just passed her by, not even taking a second look at her, but she could not help but stare. And of course, with her new found hobby and determination toward that hobby, she followed him.

Alison could be called a stalker at this point. She watched the way he walked, every turn he made. His movement was fluid. Each step he took held purpose. It was as if he was on a mission. She had to meet him. Alison hurried up, her sandals smacking along the floor. “Excuse me!” she called out toward him, repeating until she made it to his side or he stopped to allow her to speak to him. The moment she'd be able to, she stand in front of him and look him up and down with this look of awe. It would be as if she had just found the holy grail of men. “You... are gorgeous!” she said with anime stars shining in her eyes, “How is it possible that a man as perfect as you exists in this world?!” What makes this even funnier is that she was not joking. She meant every complimenting word she said toward this god of men. “Your body is as if it was sculpted by the gods... Your hair looks as if it were brushed by angels. Your eyes as strong and piercing as the sharpest and finest of swords.... Eeeehehehe. Can I photograph you?”

And then she dropped the bomb...

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] Empty Re: A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:37 pm

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] Header2

For some, a routine is boring. For others, it's a necessary evil. For Mikhail Zakrezsky, it's a logical necessity. He had been in this town thirty-one hours and five minutes. He awoke this morning at the exact same time he arrived yesterday. He had to have some semblance of a schedule here. He was to stay there another day, as he was still plotting the best route to his destination. His inn was covered with maps, each one overlaid with a different statistic—population, crime, density, pollution, etc. Based on these maps, he had to make the logical choice on what to do.

However, even logic has its outliers. And those outliers... generally are other people. There are some people that are so being logical reasoning that it is impossible to quantify or even categorize them. Little did Mikhail know, he was about to meet such a person. Even if he didn't know the person, he could tell he was being followed. Maybe it was a constant sense of alertness he had about him, but he could obviously tell there was someone following him. The logical choice would be for him to contront the person, but it could be that he was being followed for some benevolent purpose, such as returning a wallet. Or he could simply be mistaking someone for following him. Either way, he needed to turn around to confront this—"Excuse me!" Oh. It was a woman.

Women following Mikhail around was no uncommon sight. Rather, a woman not following him was more uncommon. He was attractive, yes. However, the compliments many gave were simply far too exagerrated for his tastes. And that's just the kind of compliment this woman was giving him. Gods, Angels, Swords, etc. All were cliched words of pleasing someone's ego. However, he felt no such ego boost from words like that. After all, he wasn't crafted by the Gods or had his hair brushed by Angels. No, his body was created by his parents doing the do in some awkward position he didn't want to imagine and he did his hair every morning himself.

The end of her senseless rambling was what caught him off-guard. Normally, women with a camera that fawned over him were going to ask for a picture together. But this one just wanted a photograph of him. That was odd. Mikhail's thoughts went to one subject, that of a more lewd sense of what she might be doing with such photographs. "Photograph me? Why? What would you gain by photographing me?" He had to ask. He didn't expect a clear answer, but he had to ask. "And for the record..." He stepped one foot back, as if preparing himself to flee if need be. "No, my body was not sculpted by any deities, it was natual biology and genetics. Any adjustments were caused my physical exertion. My hair has not been brushed by angelic beings. It is washed, conditioned, and combed every morning by me alone. And eyes can not be piercing—they have no sharp edges. Any damage done by them would be blunt-force trauma." He paused for a moment, then remembered one thing he forgot to mention. "However, yes, I do have strong vision—20/15 in my right eye and 20/20 in my left. However, I do not know how you were able to tell such a thing."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed] Empty Re: A Picture Worth A Thousand Words [Closed]

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:01 am

Alison was taken aback by his replies, but they weren't as surprising to her as it would be to some. She just immediately realized he was thinker, unlike so many other men who would be easily swayed by the compliments, no matter how exaggerated, she had given them. The only disappointing thing was that she wasn't exaggerating. She spoke exactly what she thought. "Photograph me? Why? What would you gain by photographing me?" he said in a manner that she couldn't understand fully. There was little to no emotion behind it. He didn't speak like a monotone robot, but there was something that felt extremely distant about his words. "I need to capture the perfect picture." she said as bluntly as she could, hoping her honest tone would help him understand, "I want it to be a picture of both beauty and meaning, a picture that speaks to me. I haven't been able to do it. Something always comes up missing, so I thought if I had an actual person in the photo, not just nice scenery, it might speak louder than what I've been getting..." She looked down to her camera while speaking and fiddled with a few settings before looking back up to him. She was being honest, that much he should be able to tell about her.

"And for the record..." he spoke up again, his words still hitting a note she couldn't place. She gave him her attention though, giggling at a few of the things he said. "No, my body was not sculpted by any deities, it was natual biology and genetics. Any adjustments were caused my physical exertion. My hair has not been brushed by angelic beings. It is washed, conditioned, and combed every morning by me alone. And eyes can not be piercing—they have no sharp edges. Any damage done by them would be blunt-force trauma." Alison shook her head a couple times. She was about to speak and correct him in as polite a way possible, but he spoke up once more. "However, yes, I do have strong vision—20/15 in my right eye and 20/20 in my left. However, I do not know how you were able to tell such a thing." Alison found herself glancing off with a small smile. "No, no, no. I obviously don't mean literally. They were ways of me expressing exactly how attractive I thought you were." she explained to him, her eyes brow raised at how literal this man was. She liked it.

"You are a literal and very straight forward man. I like that." Alison hung her camera over her neck from a long strap she had attached to it, "It's rare to meet someone so honest. And by the way, I am as honest as you. I don't give false compliments. If I find you attractive, then I find you attractive. Don't think I'm just spewing shit I heard from some cheesy love novel at you; that'd be rude. So when I do say something nice, a thank you is fine. I'm not interested in tossing you down on my bed, so no throwing me in with the idiotic girls that you likely run into on a day to day basis." Alison talked with her hands a lot, waving them around in ways that sort of went with what she was saying. She put her hands on her hips and smiled up at him. She was a fun character. "So can I photograph you? I'll even pay you, if you like. I have a small studio set up and everything; it's just on the other side of town. Come ooonnn." she began to beg a little bit, "What do you have to lose? I'm not going to put you in some horrible pose or bad clothing and, as I said, I'll pay you! ... Please, please, pleeaase?"

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Mikhail Zakrezsky respects one thing without contest, and that is strength. If someone is strong, then they are strong—whether it's through good luck, training, or a rigorously-well-kept bloodline, it doesn't matter. If someone is strong, they are to be respected. The only thing he respects that is anywhere close to that is honesty. If someone is honest, then they can admit when they are and aren't strong. And that is why Mikhail was liking this young woman. Even though she seemed far too happy for her own good, he couldn't count that as a fault. She was just being honest, and that was the best way to approach him.

"I want it to be a picture of both beauty and meaning, a picture that speaks to me. I haven't been able to do it. Something always comes up missing, so I thought if I had an actual person in the photo, not just nice scenery, it might speak louder than what I've been getting..." Art had never made much sense to Mikhail. Maybe it was because there was no systematic approach to it, who knows. Based on his observations and research, however, Mikhail did agree with her. Even if a picture of nothing but landscape is beautiful, it will not gather the same kind of crowd that a picture of a person would. He nodded along, but felt the need to correct her... just to be safe.

While it would be obvious to the normal person those were only exagerrations, Mikhail had to make sure she wasn't thinking that those words were true. Logic dictates that there is someone who would thing them to be literal. Thankfully, she was not that person. "No, no, no. I obviously don't mean literally. They were ways of me expressing exactly how attractive I thought you were." He nodded twice, affirming he understood. "Good. Logic dictates there is someone who would mean those words literally, and I am glad that you are not said person."

And his answers, or rather... the way he answered seemed to please her. She liked how straight-forward he was. Which, of course, is understandable. Beating around the bush and making assumptions are never the best choice—being up front and honest is. Of course, that's only in Mikhail's worldview. Mikhail kept noticing himself glance down to her hands, as she rambled about not being like the other women who'd throw themselves onto Mikhail. The movement was catching his eye, nothing more. "So can I photograph you? I'll even pay you, if you like. I have a small studio set up and everything; it's just on the other side of town. Come ooonnn. What do you have to lose? I'm not going to put you in some horrible pose or bad clothing and, as I said, I'll pay you! ... Please, please, pleeaase?" If she would shut up for a second, she would've gotten his answer a little quicker. "If you will pay me, yes. We will discuss the price after we arrive." Mikhail then put his other foot back in its normal position, as he was not planning to dart out anymore. "Please, lead the way."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 pm

"Please, lead the way." Alison smiled. She took in a deep breath and let out a relaxed sigh. "Thank you so much." she spoke sincerely. Alison turned from him and began leading the way, "Follow me, please." The town they were in was quite nice. The people were kind and helpful, but didn't seem to like strangers. As the two of them walked along, a child saw Alison and waved at her. She waved back. This happened quite a few times with people around the town as they walked along. Men, women, and children all greeted her cheerfully. You'd think she was a local. "So..." she spoke up as they turned a corner, heading up a dirt path toward a few residential buildings, "My name's Alison Chase. What's yours?" She'd hold out her hand to him. If he'd take it, she'd shake. Her hands would be exceptionally soft, as if she took very good care of them or never did a hard days work in her life, which the second it not true. Alison was a hard worker. She just liked being a woman a bit more than getting down and dirty, and not in the naughty sense either. She liked that part of life and considered that being a woman and getting down and dirty.

"It's just up ahead here, in that two story building. We're in one of the top apartments." Alison pointed toward it, using we quite lightly. It sounded as if she was inviting him home with her. "So what brings a man such as yourself to a small town like this? Do you travel often?" she asked, stopping so he could answer (if he would answer). She wasn't entirely sure what she could expect from him. She half-expected to get stabbed in the back the moment they were out of public eye. They made it to the apartment building and Alison opened the door for her guest. Once they were through, she lead him up the stairs and down a long hallway toward the largest apartment in the building. She pulled out her keys, unlocked the door, and stepped inside, once again holding the door open for him. The main room, which is what they're in now, was obviously the studio. There was no normal furniture and everything was camera equipment, props, and backgrounds. Some would think that Alison had been here for quite some time. Wrong. She's only been here a week. She's just very quick at set up and prefers to do things faster than most.

"Okay, so... Would you like to get started immediately or are there any questions you have to ask?" Alison asked. She waited for a moment, ready to answer anything he questioned to the best of her abilities, but then she had a few questions of her own. "Now, I need to know if there is anything you don't like." she sat down on a stool after pulling a second one up for him to sit on, "What I mean is... Do you care if I brushed your hair a different way? I wouldn't, it's perfect, but things like that, you know? Are you okay with props? How much skin are you willing to show? Are their poses that are a big no for you? Anything you can think of that would make you feel uncomfortable, I want to know. Also... Price." Alison had a feeling she was going to be paying a lot of money for him to do this. It was okay. She had a nice amount saved up, so she figured she could cover any price that he threw at her. "Oh... and before I forget," she spoke up before he could answer, "Please understand that I don't take pictures to sell to other's. The art I create with you is not going to be out on display for just anyone to poke their grubby noses up at."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Mikhail walked behind her at a distance of four feet. He scanned the area with his eyes, watching for threats. Of course, the only threat he ever saw was a small child waving to them. It could be a signal, but he didn't feel any sort of animosity. It was simply a wave, nothing more, nothing less. "My name's Alison Chase. What's yours?" She held out a hand, turning around and walking backwards. He didn't see any sort of buzzer or any other device, nor did she seem like she was going to poison him. It was safe in his mind, so he reached out and grabbed her hand. He shook once, then his arm retreated back to his side. "Mikhail." Giving his surname was tantamount to giving away his identity, so that was not going to happen yet. Not to mention, if she spoke his surname, he'd know something was up.

"So what brings a man such as yourself to a small town like this? Do you travel often?" The place they were going to was nowhere near high-class, but thankfully it was no slum either. He took one last look around, making sure no one was peeking from around a corner. "I am constantly traveling. This was just a scheduled stop to determine the rest of this trip's route." That was his answer, and he'd speak no more of the subject for now. He didn't entirely trust her, so he was limiting the information she'd get from him.

Once they entered the plain, obviously-recently-moved-into apartment, Mikhail would scan for anything out of place. Alison, on the other hand, pulled up a pair of stools for the two to sit on. "I am new to this, so I am unsure of what to ask." She then began to ramble about what she could do in terms of photographing him and what she could do in preparation to photograph him. It was odd, but expected. "Oh... and before I forget... Please understand that I don't take pictures to sell to other's. The art I create with you is not going to be out on display for just anyone to poke their grubby noses up at." If anything was going to throw up red flags, it was that. She was going to be taking the pictures for herself... He was going to need to watch her. "No full nudity, nor any underwear shots. As for poses, I can not think of any. If one is uncomfortable or impossible, I will tell you when it comes time to pose." And then came the real question. "As for price, I estimate a relatively fair price would be two-thousand gold for the full session." A high price, but it was fair in his mind. "If that is not satisfactory, I will take my leave. If it is, when should we begin?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Alison wrote down on a small piece of paper the things he didn't want done. This was a very simple list in her opinion. It seems he wouldn't care too much if she doused him in chocolate. It was a good thing she wasn't into that type of stuff. There was no beauty in chocolate. There was no beauty in being covered in brown muck. Gross. "Alright then. All of that written down an-..." "As for price, I estimate a relatively fair price would be two-thousand gold for the full session." Ow. Alison froze in position for a few moments and then raised her hand in front of her face. She mumbled and whispered something about numbers before looking a little worried. "One moment." she put a finger up and then hopped off the stool, stepping over to her purse and beginning to look through. "If that is not satisfactory, I will take my leave. If it is, when should we begin?" "No, no. I'm sure I have enough." she said confidently. Alison found quite a few gold pieces and then hurried to the other side of the room. She had a large sack of gold in a safe. She knew the exact amount in there and with adding what she had found.

"Ha! I knew I had enough." Alison said without a worry, even though this was actually going to almost bankrupt her. She dropped the extra gold in the sack, tossed it back into the safe after showing him it was there, and then closed it up. She even had a little bit for food until she got some more money in. "Alright. We can begin!" she said as she pulled a large light-weight sheet off of a massive set. She made sure everything was in place. "This is the most simple one I've wanted to capture. Scene's just don'tn work without a good model." Alison smiled to the scene and then to him, "Come sit here." She pointed to a hammock and waited for him to sit down. The entire scene was of a grassy yard with a flower garden behind it. There was even a very convincing artificial tree that hung over the hammock to create a shadow. "Watch your eyes." she said pointing toward a light above him. She waited for him to not be looking at it and turned it on. It lit the place up like they were in the sun. The only issue was that the light was going to get hot and quick. She set up the camera and then stepped back over to his side.

"I want this picture to capture something... that makes you feel relaxed, like there's nothing in this world that could bother you, nothing that could hurt you. You're safe." she explained to him, "I don't know how you are at acting, but if you need any help, I'll try. Just lie really well, I guess." Alison giggled at her comment and then went to place her hand on his shoulder. "I need you to lay back and here..." she reached toward a book and handed it to him, "Use this how you feel you should... I'd prefer it to look like you were reading it and then your wife or kids called your name, so you'd look toward the camera. I've also seen it placed over a chest and you'd be sleeping. It's up to you. What fits you best." Alison went over to the camera and adjusted a few settings. "Alright. When you're ready... Go." The moment he started, she'd begin snapping pictures over and over again. "Go ahead and change positions. Move around, smile a bit... Remember, you're safe here and there's nothing more relaxing than just sitting outside, reading a book, and now... with a breeze." Alison clicked a button and a fan began blowing toward him. There was always something more beautiful about a picture when the model's hair moved.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Mikhail spoke not during his session. It was not the place for an actor to speak out of his lines, and this was a play with no lines. He was a mime, and his stage was this apartment. His body twisted in ways unnatural for Mikhail, but natural for a normal man. He had no wife, no kids, so someone calling his name meant something different. He sat in a chair, a book with no words written in it gently grasped between his fingers. His eyes were originally gazing at the empty pages, his gaze only turning away when she told him. Unlike his body, which was perfectly in-line with the scene, his face was like a statue.

Mikhail's gaze was not looking at her, at the area she wanted him to look at, or anything like that. It was like he was looking through them—as if there was nothing there. The world Mikhail saw was not the same one any one else would be able to see. His gaze was dancing across space and into time, both forward and backwards. He did not see such things, but such an intent leer... It must have frightened her, but he didn't understand why it would. He was asked to look like a wife and child were calling for him—and that's what he was doing. She asked for the nonexistent to call for him, so he was staring at what did not exist.

When she asked for him to change positions, he set the book down on the arm of the chair—the fabric acting as a bookmarker. His position in a void of nothingness must not be disturbed. He was no longer looking directly into the camera, but into the sky. It was like he was watching a bird. Not a cloud, but a bird. Whatever bird was flying around had landed and was staring him down. It had the freedom to leave, but was not. He must watch it carefully.

Last edited by Tsubine on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:35 pm

This was astonishing. Every click of the camera caught something new, something eye catching. It wasn't what she had imagined. It wasn't her perfect picture. It was something entirely different, something she wasn't able to place her finger on just yet. He had this uncanny way of sending chills shooting up her spine. Alison didn't understan-, no she couldn't understand his eyes. How could they look through her like that? She felt like a ghost; it wasn't a comfortable feeling. She asked him to change his position and still this was not her perfect picture. She was definitely capturing gold here; people would love to see these pictures. Many would love to dissect his expressions, the placement of his body, ever edge of shadow that ran along his clothing, his face, and even in his eyes. She continued for a few more seconds and finally stopped. The clicking stopped and she stood up straight, no longer bending behind the camera. She stared at him, her heart racing for some unknown reason, and her expression of both confusion and wonder.

"I... uh..." she shook her head and fiddled with her fingers a bit as she walked around the camera and back toward him, "I was right about you bringing something new to my photos... I wasn't expecting that though." Alison placed her hand over her chest and took a deep breath. She was trying to calm down. "What was that?" she asked him, truly curious, "I mean... You said your eyes can't pierce, wrong. If they were a literal sword, I'd be dead right now." Alison couldn't look him in the eye. When she spoke to him, she kept her gaze on his forehead, lips, nose, ears, anything but his eyes. Those soul cutting eyes could not make contact with her own, not yet. She wouldn't know how to handle it. "Please do not take this in any offense, but you looked as if nothing was there. I didn't want you to look as if you were seeing me, that you did very well, but you looked as if you saw nothing. I asked you to pretend as if your wife or kids were calling your name... did you?" she asked hesitating for a moment.

"You've... never been in love before, have you?" she asked. Alison got an idea. Instead of making him pretend, maybe she should bring him to something that was actually there. "Yeah, that might work." she said out loud, excited by her own thoughts, "You're a straight forward guy, so something that's actually there and in front of you would probably be better than playing pretend. I'm sorry, I can't believe I didn't realize that before." Alison giggled cheerfully, knowing the perfect spot. She knelt down next to the chair, putting herself at eye level with him. "I know this beautiful place. It's just a ten minute walk out of town. I think that if you're able to look at something beautiful, you might be able to express it a little better. Would you go there with me? Please?" Alison asked him quite sweetly, with a nice smile on her face. She was paying him, so it'd be odd for him to say no and it was part of the session. She doubted he was a liar, so she assumed he'd come, but it was always nice to make sure.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:23 pm

"What was that? I mean... You said your eyes can't pierce, wrong. If they were a literal sword, I'd be dead right now." Mikhail did not understand. He was looking like she told him to. Did he do something wrong? Maybe? He did not understand, but felt he would not understand. "I see... I suppose it is a good thing they are not swords. I rather like seeing." Which... is an obvious answer. Everyone should like seeing. "However, I do not understand what you mean by that. Would you care to explain?"

"Please do not take this in any offense, but you looked as if nothing was there. I didn't want you to look as if you were seeing me, that you did very well, but you looked as if you saw nothing. I asked you to pretend as if your wife or kids were calling your name... did you?" That made more sense. She may not understand how he was looking at them, but he had been looking at them. Those nonexistent children and that nonexistent wife were no longer there, but he could easily bring them back if she so willed. "I did. There was nothing to pretend, therefore I pretended as though 'nothing,'" his emphasis changed it from being "As if I was not being called," to "I was being called by some nonexistent thing," "was calling me."

"You've... never been in love before, have you?" Mikhail immediately shook his head. This was a common question, so there was no need to think. "Not to my recollection, no." It was true, of course. Such a feeling like "love" is wasted on him. She then realized what it was they needed to do. "I know this beautiful place. It's just a ten minute walk out of town. I think that if you're able to look at something beautiful, you might be able to express it a little better. Would you go there with me? Please?" Mikhail took exactly 10.4 seconds to think on this. While he thought, he closed his eyes and stayed silent. He lightly nodded once his time was up, and opened his eyes. "Hmm. That might work. If I can actually see that which is to be my focus, it might help remove the problems you have with my eyes."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:18 pm

"I see... I suppose it is a good thing they are not swords. I rather like seeing." Alison mentally face-palmed at that. She stared blankly at him for a moment and then giggled. "So you do have a cute side. I'd call it humor, but something tells me you were one hundred percent serious." she told him and then went on to explain what she meant by his eyes. "I did. There was nothing to pretend, therefore I pretended as though 'nothing' was calling me." Alison looked at him surprised. She felt like his interpretation of what she asked what an accomplishment in itself. His way of thinking was so out there. She wasn't entirely sure how she could reply to that, and then she dropped a question she thought would be offensive or hard to answer. Apparently it wasn't. He shook his head immediately, as if there was nothing to think about. "Not to my recollection, no." Alison nodded in understanding. She had never been in love before, but she had loved. When she thought of his answer, she felt like it was meaning toward the entire meaning of love, not just one of a woman. It made her want to question his life. She wanted to know more about him already. She wanted to ask about his past, his family, his travels, his friends. This man was absolutely fascinating to her and that could be seen in her eyes.

That wasn't the issue for now. She would get to know him later, if he chose to stick around for a bit. She had her goal for now and the perfect photograph was it. She had an idea and presented it rather excitedly to him. He went silent and even closed his eyes. Alison had this strong itch at the back of her mind to lean in toward him, just to see how close she could get without him realizing she was right there. Luckily, she was smarter than that and just waited in silence for him to answer. "Hmm. That might work. If I can actually see that which is to be my focus, it might help remove the problems you have with my eyes." She smiled. "Wonderful." she replied and stood up, "Let's get going then." If allowed to, she'd reach for his hand and begin pulling him along. She still had her portable camera hanging from her neck, so she was all ready to go. Stepping out the door, she'd close it behind them and continue down the stairs until they were out the front and on their way toward a forest less than half a mile away. "It's over there." she pointed toward the forest, giving him a general idea of which direction they would be traveling for now. Alison lead him along a path until they got in to the forest. She stepped along, counting up to thirty three out loud and then stopped, turning left.

"You know... You've got one of the oddest personalities I've ever come across, especially in a man like yourself." she said as she began walking into the forest. They'd continue for four minutes before coming to a thick bunch of branches. As they got closer to this place, the sound of falling water could be heard beyond the branches. "I don't even know if the town's people know about this place." she said as she grabbed as many of the branches as she could and pulled them aside so he could step in first. Once he did, she'd struggle to get her way through. The branches suddenly snapping back into place and throwing her toward him. Refusing to make contact with him, she'd alter her falling area and collapse next to him with camera safe in hand. "Ow..." she said standing up, dusting herself off, and then pointing toward what they had come to, "Beautiful, isn't it? There's no fish in the water either, so that makes it all the better." Alison stepped toward the water and removed her sandals, stepping into a shallow part. "Ha, warm. Good. I don't know why, but it always is." Alison smiled and motioned him to come toward her. The area was surrounded by forest. In front of them was a swimming pool sized lake with a waterfall. The water hitting the bottom created a comfortable mist that couldn't be beat.

"You said you were okay with partial nudity, right?" she said glancing back to him, "Do you mind taking off your shirt and sitting on one of the rocks? The mist will make it hard, but don't get your hair wet... yet." Alison made sure to add the yet to make sure he understood that he would be getting a little deeper into the water. The rock she pointed to was half submerged. He'd be able to sit down and have half of his legs hit the surprisingly sandy bottom. And like before, once he'd do that, she'd start her taking pictures. "Look around at everything here. It's beautiful, so try to express that. Look relaxed, as if you're on the perfect vacation and nothing could bother you..."

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:30 am

"You know... You've got one of the oddest personalities I've ever come across, especially in a man like yourself." A very true and even more common statement. He nodded, following her. "I can understand that. In all of my travels, that same thing keeps coming up. Granted, I, too, have never met someone like myself." It was odd, why was she taking such an... odd interest in him? It wasn't a normal "Hey, let's go have some fun back at my place" or "Hey, let's get married" interest. It was a more... hobby-esque interest. He would have to find out more about her. "I don't even know if the town's people know about this place." Interesting. Local geographic "honey holes" were generally locked in the minds of only locals. For her to know such a place interested Mikhail, but there would be no need for him to ask yet.

"You said you were okay with partial nudity, right? Do you mind taking off your shirt and sitting on one of the rocks? The mist will make it hard, but don't get your hair wet... yet." Taking off his shirt, Mikhail looked at the rock and at the water. It was a little too far out, but he saw a larger one on the edge of the pool. "Hmm. I do not think this rock will work." He looked to Alison now, handing his shirt to her. "Let me improvise my pose myself. I do believe I have an idea." He got onto the rock he chose and rested both feet, now bare, onto the rock's porous surface. The rock was just large enough for him to be able to sit on the edge of the rook with just his toes dangling into the water. And he did so with one leg. The right leg was brought up, with his right arm resting on it for support.

"Look around at everything here. It's beautiful, so try to express that. Look relaxed, as if you're on the perfect vacation and nothing could bother you..." He nodded and began to look for something to catch his eye. And there it was. Even if she had said so, there was a fish. However, it was a smaller fish that could easily hide. Upon further observation, he found even more fish, none larger than his hand. It was easy to miss them if one wasn't looking for them, and that's what he thought had happened. And so he stared at the small fish as it darted at his toes.It was nipping at it, with no pain, and it intrigued Mikhail. And he stared at it with only intrigue...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:05 am

"I can understand that. In all of my travels, that same thing keeps coming up. Granted, I, too, have never met someone like myself."

Alison raised an eyebrow at him. "I can't tell if that is ego or honesty talking." she thought before they arrived where she wanted to be. She didn't really get a reaction out of him, but that was okay. He wasn't the expressive type anyway. If he got googly eyed at the scenery here, she'd not be as comfortable with him as she currently is. Either way, it was time for the two of them to get started again and she asked him to sit on a certain rock. She waited for him to move, but he didn't head toward the rock. "Hmm. I do not think this rock will work." "Oh, I'm sorry." she replied and then looked around for a different angle. "Let me improvise my pose myself. I do believe I have an idea." Alison looked back toward him and tilted her head in curiosity. Alison gladly took his shirt, but wasn't sure what to do about it. She blinked a couple times, smiled, set down her camera, and then put his shirt on. As she slipped it on over her dress, she wiggled her shoulders playfully, as if she were snuggling herself into something warm, which she was. There was nothing cold about wrapping herself in this man's shirt.

Alison brought her camera back up and watched him move along. She even snapped a couple of shots of him getting into position. He was moving like a natural, so even those pictures were going to turn out quite nice. She saw where he went to sit and had a perfect idea for this. Alison took a step forward and into the water, but never actually touched the surface. A movement of air wrapped itself gently around her body, twirling around her so quickly that it created a hover effect, though she will always call it flying. While doing this, she moved a bit out onto the water and lowered herself to get a good angle of him. She didn't know what he was concentrated on, but his expression was beautiful. She snapped around twenty shots at different angles until finally she came up in front of him; the best angle. She snapped the finally shot and with the click of the camera she felt as if something had been completed. "I got it..." she mumbled, "I actually got the picture!" She smiled with a single tear of happiness falling down her cheek.

"Thank you so much, Mikhail!" she flew back over to the shore and turned off the camera. This hobby was complete; it was time to find a new one. She looked toward Mikhail. "We can go back now if you want. It is relaxing, so if you'd like to take a swim, I'll join you. Otherwise, let's get back into town, so you can get your money and I won't bother you anymore." Alison stuck her tongue out at him, obviously just trying to be playful, but her eye was caught again. She brought her camera up and caught a final picture and turned it right back off. "I wonder what he'd do if I didn't give his shirt back..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:28 am

That... was odd. He kept staring at that fish, but something else was going on in his mind. He could see her. He could see her floating above the water. It was definitely intriguing... and definitely worrying. She had powers like he did. She, too, could use abilities a normal human could not. "I got it... I actually got the picture!" He finally looked up, as that was the signal for him the session was done.

And... she was still hovering. It was definitely an odd sight. It was enough for Mikhail to stand up and prepare himself for a charge towards—or away from—her. His body was tense now, but his expression did not change. He may be ready to pounce, but he would not let her read that. He did not know what she could do... so it was best to observe. Although, all he could observe was her flying back over to land. "Thank you so much, Mikhail! We can go back now if you want. It is relaxing, so if you'd like to take a swim, I'll join you. Otherwise, let's get back into town, so you can get your money and I won't bother you anymore."

Mikhail shook his head. "The humidity is too great here, the insects are about to start to bite, and I did not bring a change of clothing—I will be fine with returning now." He was ready to get back. Something about this woman didn't feel right now... So he'd have to observe her more. And "relaxing" would not allow him to observe her properly. A cool breeze across his chest hardening two sensitive protrusions made him realize that she still had his shirt. He extended his right hand. "I would like my shirt back now."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:49 am

"The humidity is too great here, the insects are about to start to bite, and I did not bring a change of clothing—I will be fine with returning now." Alison nodded and turned back toward the path that they had come from. She forgot for a brief moment that she was wearing his shirt. "I would like my shirt back now." Alison was in mid-step. She froze, lifted her body from the ground using her powers, turned back toward him, and walked again. "Sorry, sorry." she said as she removed his shirt from her body and handed it to him, "Didn't know what else to do with it. I doubted you wanted it wet or dirty, so I put it on." Alison waited for him to be ready and then turned back toward the path again. Like before, she pushed the branches from his path and then the two of them were heading back.

It took a couple of minutes, but they got back to the main road. Everything was quiet. Alison was hugging her camera to her chest with a bright smile. "Once I get these developed, would you like a copy of them?" she asked. Normally she wouldn't offer a copy, especially since she was paying him for this. She really just wanted a reason to keep in touch with him. He was the perfect model and if she ever took up photography, painting, sketching, or sculpting, she'd have the best subject ever. Alison's thoughts were interrupted when she heard what sounded like an angry mob coming form the village. She looked up and saw a large group of people gathered around at the edge of town. "... Wonder what happened?" she asked out loud when a young boy hurried up toward the two of them. 

"Hey Lady! You need to come quick!" the boy said, pointing behind him, "The place where you live got messed up bad." "What?" Alison blinked in surprise and looked back to Mikhail. "Yeah! Someone heard a lotta bangin', but by the time anyone got there everything was broken." Alison looked up toward her apartment, able to see a broken window from here. She didn't even have to see it; the money was gone. She hurried her way toward the apartment, up the stairs, and to her place. The door was half open. She stepped up and pushed the door open, horrified by what happened inside. She didn't even show it on her face. She couldn't show everything that she felt right now. That'd be impossible. She went over to her safe and sat down in front of it, pushing the small door closed. It was gone; his money was gone.

"We were gone less than an hour... How could they do all of this?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:45 pm

"Sorry, sorry. Didn't know what else to do with it. I doubted you wanted it wet or dirty, so I put it on." He nodded as his arms slipped through the long, airy sleeves. "I am not complaining. It was a splendid, if unordinary, idea. I must commend such ingenuity." Mikhail was speaking true. It was an odd idea, but it works. If the situation were reversed, he would put her clothes over his shoulder—as wearing them would cause tearing.

Mikhail was still following her at a distance of four feet, still enough for him to either lunge away or towards her. He was ready to either protect or defend against her. "Once I get these developed, would you like a copy of them?" Mikhail thought for 3.7 seconds before shaking his head. "No. I do not have any sort of good storage capabilities for something as flimsy as a photograph. The offer is appreciated, however." He might want them one day, but now he had nowhere safe to put them.

Upon reaching the town, tragedy! Her apartment was ransacked. Mikhail began to investigate. He carefully walked around, looking at everything that was destroyed or damaged. It surely looked random... but too random. "We were gone less than an hour... How could they do all of this?" Mikhail knelt to look at the door, noticing scuff marks on the inside of the latch. "Based on the markings... I'd say it was not a rushed job. They may have come here before to simply scout it out, see where certain things would be... as well as to prepare a device to prevent the door from locking fully." Mikhail stood up, turning to her. "The destruction here is random, only meaning to look like it was a ransack. It is entirely possible this was done in a span of ten to fifteen minutes. I imagine their target was your safe, which most likely has been emptied."

Mikhail was trying to show a little bit of empathy, but it wasn't much. He didn't understand what it was like to be robbed like this, but he did understand that it was not a pleasant thing. However, he had to make sure that she didn't set this up so she didn't have to pay him. "As unfortunate of a time this may be for you, this does not change our arrangement." Logic dictated it was a possibility, and thus he had to make sure it wasn't. "Well, it does not change its premise. You will simply have more time to pay me."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm

"Based on the markings... I'd say it was not a rushed job. They may have come here before to simply scout it out, see where certain things would be... as well as to prepare a device to prevent the door from locking fully." Alison was immediately disturbed by what he just said. She looked over ot him with wide eyes and then around the destroyed room in disgust, "The destruction here is random, only meaning to look like it was a ransack. It is entirely possible this was done in a span of ten to fifteen minutes. I imagine their target was your safe, which most likely has been emptied." "Yeah, it's empty..." she spoke, her tone a little shaky, "They were watching me?" Alison hugged herself, feeling a little more than violated. She stepped up to her windows and looked out, wondering what places that could have been done from. There were actually quite a few and enough that would make it impossible to narrow down and find, unless they got very lucky.

"Mmm...." she whined a little and hugged herself tighter, "I walk half-naked around here every now and then. They could have seen me; this is so disturbing... Nice way to make a girl feel violated." Alison sat down on the floor again, leaning her back against the wall. "As unfortunate of a time this may be for you, this does not change our arrangement." "Oh, I already figured that. It's the only reason this is such a big deal." Alison stood right back up and stepped passed him, "It's obvious you're not the type of guy seeing someone who actually needs a little bit of help and out of the kindness of your heart, give it." "Well, it does not change its premise. You will simply have more time to pay me." "Well, it was either give me more time or try and kill me, so the second one sounds like the smarter idea, don't ya think?" Alison glared at him and continued down a small hallway to a room at the end.

"You can't be serious!?" she yelled, stomping her foot to the ground. She stepped into her room and saw that they had actually taken a knife to her bed. It was completely destroyed. She hurried toward her closet and opened it up. Upon seeing nothing there, she dropped to the floor, grabbed her head, and just cried. "They couldn't have left something for me to wear?! To sleep on!?" she said through her tears, "This is ridiculous!" The only possession she still had was the camera she took with her to film Mikhail. "I'm probably going to have to sell the camera..." she sighed, wiping tears from her face. She stood up again and walked out of the entire apartment. She couldn't be there right now. She already knew Mikhail would follow, probably assuming she'd bolt the moment she got the chance. Alison decided to avoid the people in the front and took the back way out and made her way to a small clearing just to sit.

"This sucks..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Alison began to walk out, shooting him an intense glare as she passed. It seemed he had struck a nerve. Understandable, he had brought forth a rather blunt statement in the midst of a crisis. It was like saying "Oh I left the oven on" while climbing down a mountain to escape an avalanche. "Well, it was either give me more time or try and kill me, so the second one sounds like the smarter idea, don't ya think?" Mikhail thought for a moment. "If I killed you, I would only get jailtime. I would still not be paid." Well, at least she could rely on him not killing her.

While Alison ranted and cried, Mikhail kept cool. He even began to investigate around the apartment. He soon noticed something odd inside of the closet. There must have been a reason they stole all of those clothes. He looked at the metal rail that held the clothes, not noticing anything but scratches from repeated use. He began to look at the wall to make sure the rail wasn't removed... and that's when he noticed it. At the bottom of the wall, it look like... footprints? Not like someone was walking on the wall, but rather that someone—or something—was kicking it or at least putting their feet against it. He looked on the ground an—of course. Very faintly, he could see it... the outline of a body.

Mikhail's current assessment was not that someone had broken in today to rob her. No, they broke in long ago, living in her closet until they could get the safe's combination. And somehow, they got the combination today. Maybe she had checked her finances to make sure she could pay Mikhail? That would make sense. So the perpetrator learned the combination... and thus had their reason for staying here. To make it look like they had simply broken into the apartment, there was a lot of random destruction. But why the clothes? Maybe there was some evidence of them on the clothing, which made sense considering he was sleeping beneath them. And those scuff marks may have just been a distraction... He could have easily unlocked the door from the inside. This was getting creepy, even for Mikhail's standards...

By the time he was ready to find Alison, she had left. He looked out a rear window to see her sitting in a small clearing. To make sure she didn't flee, Mikhail meandered to the clearing. "I have found something in your apartment. It may lead to the suspect, or at least it will narrow the suspect list." He was quite sure about his hypothesis. Something told him that she wasn't the one sleeping in the closet. She was odd, but not that odd. "It seems as though someone has been sleeping in your closet. Have you noticed any food going missing or strange noises at night? It seems as though this person had a habit of placing their feet on the wall."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm

It was quiet for a bit. Alison was able to think for a while. She didn't have Mikhail staring down at her, so she didn't feel like she was being pressured or anything. She laid back into the grass and closed her eyes, thinking on her next move. Because of his uncaring attitude, Alison did think about running off and never seeing him again.  He could say he'd find her, but she doubted that highly. Something told her he didn't have the ability to fly over an ocean and she did. The thought of it was funny, but she wasn't that type of woman. She'd keep her word, so she was stuck with him until he no longer cared about the money or she paid him back. It took her two months to save all of that up, so she had a feeling the two of them were going to get real close. "How frustrating..." she thought. She couldn't help but s mile at it. When he walked up, like she figured he would, she sat back up and was surprisingly greeted with a smile. "Hey..." she waved to him before he spoke up about what he had found in her apartment.

"I have found something in your apartment. It may lead to the suspect, or at least it will narrow the suspect list." Alison tilted her head a bit, "What do you mean?" "It seems as though someone has been sleeping in your closet. Have you noticed any food going missing or strange noises at night? It seems as though this person had a habit of placing their feet on the wall." Alison looked toward the town and tried to think. She couldn't think of any food that had gone missing. She didn't pay very much attention to anything that wasn't her photography when she got into this town. She laughed a bit at herself. "I was told a long time ago that I needed to learn to pay attention to my own surroundings, but I never really cared enough to do so..." Alison shook her head, "No, I didn't notice anything and that's stupid because it probably happened too. I was probably getting robbed this entire time and never noticed a thing." Alison sighed and stood back up, brushing her skirt off.

"Can I ask you something?" she crossed her arms along her chest and looked to the ground, kicking at something that wasn't there, "You want your money, I get that. I'll pay you back, but it's going to take time. I wasn't expecting to be robbed, otherwise you'd have it and be on your way... So, since I'm pretty sure you're not leaving my side until you get it, can you at least pretend to be my friend? Just pretend to have a heart behind that cold exterior of yours and act like you care. And no, I'm not paying you for that too. I'm asking as a human being to another human being. If you're going to be around me for any decent amount of time, I'd rather not feel like you're disgusted with my very presence." Alison stared straight into his eyes, her own pleading with him to just say yes. Even an "I'll attempt" would have been nice at this point. She didn't have anyone who cared about her, so something on the fake side wouldn't bother her. As she stood there for his answer, she had a short flashback to something.

"That sneaky little bitch." Alison turned back toward the town with an amount of anger in her eyes that she hadn't had for a very long time. She clenched her fist and looked back toward Mikhail. "I think I have an idea on who might have taken the money... Do you trust me?" she said, holding her hand out to him. She didn't have time to explain. If they were going to get there, she had to get there fast. It was on the opposite side of town as well and she didn't want to go alone. If he actually took her hand, she'd smile and activate one of her abilities to allow the both of them to fly. Then, she'd take him over the town toward the exact opposite side, landing in front of a small house. "Wasn't so bad, was it?" she said, smiling toward him and then pointing to the house, "If it's who I think it is... he's in there." Alison stepped up to the door and went to open it. When she realized it wasn't locked, she stepped inside. Everything was silent. She couldn't hear anyone in the house, but she continued quietly in to the house.

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:15 pm

What Alison asked was odd. Very odd. Pretend to be her friend? Why... that was absurd. They were not on a stakeout yet, so such a thing was un-needed. Mikhail raised an eyebrow and curled one side of his mouth. "Would it not be preferable that I become your friend rather than pretend I am?" The way he asked it might be rude—it was like a waiter telling someone "If this is not what you wanted, why did you order it?" He was confused once more... why did this woman want him to pretend to be her friend? "If my demeanor makes you think I do not like you, please understand that is not so. I have known you for nearly one hour now. I can not say that I can entirely trust you for that very reason. I do believe I am being polite with that in mind." If only Mikhail knew social etiquette...

"I think I have an idea on who might have taken the money... Do you trust me?" Mikhail looked at her hand, then to her face, then to her hand, and back to her face. And then shook his head. "No, not entirely. But I do trust your abilities will get us there faster than if we went by foot—judging by what I observed at the waterfall." He took her hand, and... flew?

He blinked quite a few times during the experience, not fully understanding what was going on. He was observing her body more than he was observing their distance. The first thing he looked for was wings, which there were none. He looked for any sort of sign of her powers, but could not see them. She was definitely interesting. What wasn't interesting was the bug that hit his face. It bounced off, but boy did it hurt. As they landed, he rubbed the spot of impact. "Wasn't so bad, was it?" "Besides the bugs, that was not a bad experience." "If it's who I think it is... he's in there."

Alison went in first, trying to see if someone was there. She couldn't hear anyone, but neither could Mikhail. However, this did seem suspicious to him. Suspicious enough for him to bring up a single point, albeit in a low voice. "If you are planning on trying to murder me to get out of our deal, please do understand it will not be easy. But based upon previous discussion, I do not believe that to be the case." He reaffirmed that not only was he not going to kill her, but he didn't feel that she was going to kill him. Yay for semi-trust!

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:07 pm

"Would it not be preferable that I become your friend rather than pretend I am?" "Yes, actually it would, but..." she looked away, sort of embarrassed by her answer, "I'm weird and once people realize that, they don't want to be around me, so I haven't really ever had a someone stick around, at least not long enough to call us friends. I just assumed you'd not want to be my friend. You don't exactly seem to like me." "If my demeanor makes you think I do not like you, please understand that is not so. I have known you for nearly one hour now. I can not say that I can entirely trust you for that very reason. I do believe I am being polite with that in mind." While he was speaking, she got the idea of who might have stolen her money. With this realization and knowing they were likely too late, she began to rush. Holding her hand out to him and asking a question she already knew the answer to, she was surprised he took her hand. It may have meant little to him, but to her it was a sign of trust. 

Upon arriving at their new destination, she saw him rubbing a small red spot on his face. "Oh, no. That doesn't normally happen." Alison looked concerned at him, "Sorry... Anyways." She pointed to the door and the two of them went inside. "If you are planning on trying to murder me to get out of our deal, please do understand it will not be easy. But based upon previous discussion, I do not believe that to be the case." Alison looked back to him and stared for a couple of seconds before poking his nose lightly. "Believe it or not, I kinda like you. I don't want you hurt, so be careful while walking through this place..." Alison said and turned back into the house, slowly making her way to the kitchen, whispering slightly, "I never trusted this bastard." Alison slowly looked around the corner and saw nothing but an empty dining room and kitchen. Alison turned back toward Mikhail and shook her head. Alison looked up, her eyes widened at the man they were looking for floating above them.

The man had a cross bow and was aiming right at Mikhail's back. "Look out!" she screamed in a panic. Out of pure reflex, Alison used her abilities with air to send Mikhail's body out of the path of two bolts as they was fired. With no extra time to save herself, Alison felt two very sharp pains hit her lower stomach. The pressure behind the bolts were strong enough to push her off her feet and send her tumbling backwards. "Don't kill him. I want your money back." Alison said, rolling off to the side so she wouldn't immediately be shot for a third time. By Mikhail's earlier statement, he was confident enough in his abilities that Alison could assume he could take care of himself as long as he wasn't being sneak attacked. This bastard lost that advantage, so Mikhail should of had the upper hand. Either way, since it's two against one, the man dropped down to the floor after firing an arrow and attempted to run up the stairs to get away from the two of them while he reloaded his weapon. "I don't have your fucking money!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:54 am

Mikhail did not understand what had just happened. He had been pushed out of the way by some unknown force after being screamed at. The next thing he knew, he heard the trademark ktch of a crossbow. And then... Alison went down. He could see the two bolts sticking out of her stomach.

Mikhail whipped around to see someone trying to run up the stairs. Ignoring what they said and perceiving them as a threat, his combat reflexes sprung up. Without hesitation, he kicked up a small, metal vase that may could hold ten flowers. It was dusty and bent, its ornate lining fading away. However, it was not kicked to the stairs. Actually, it was kicked directly upwards. And as it rose, defying gravity, Mikhail's body reacted in a way no one would predict. "Away." He muttered a single word in such a fashion that it sounded like he was reading a dictionary. It was a single word. Just one word. What could it do? For Mikhail, everything.

Mikhail's body twisted around, his arm retracting backwards. His piercing gaze looked at both the vase and at his target. When it was time, his body sprang forth like a trap. His arm leapt from its readied position and his hand formed a tight fist. And through that fist, power began to surge through. A power no one could see or feel... yet. His arm's trajectory was simple. A narrow arc would cause his hand to meet the vase midair, forcing a collision. Normally mid-air collisions are a bad thing, but not today. Today, it was the best thing that could happen.

As his fist made contact, the second trap sprung. The power building up in his fist erupted into force. Not wind, but actual force. His power increased the force of the initial punch, allowing it to act far beyond what a human of his size was capable of. The vase seemed to stop for a second upon impact. It literally hovered in the air for just a brief sliver of time before its course changed. Laws of physics dictates that when two objects of differing force meet, the one with the lower force will change direction according to the one of higher force's impact. And that's exactly what happened. What was normally a vase flying upwards after being kicked was now a vase flying sideways after being punched.

It was like Mikhail's hand was a crossbow and the vase a bolt. Upon pulling of the trigger, the bolt flew away from its original position. And just like the crossbow the man had leveled, this was a good shot. The vase soared through the dusty room, colliding with a moth as it did so. The man slowed down to try to see what was coming for him. Little did he know that the vase was not getting larger, but closer. By the time he realized it, it was far too late. Metal against bone protected by flesh and clothing could have been far worse.

The impact was a simple one—the side of the vase collided with the man's chest and it definitely hurt. However, the force was amazing. The man was knocked into the wall slightly, forcing him to tumble down the stairs and drop his crossbow. Before he could get back up, Mikhail was already above him, placing a hand on the man's chest. "Kneel." Yet another term out of a dictionary. Now... the man was unable to stand up. Mikhail stepped on the crossbow, breaking it in half, before walking over to Alison. "Thank you for that. Though, how deep are those?" For once, there was some semblance of concern coming from him.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:47 am

Alison was extremely unfortunate to have not been able to see the performance that had just been put on by her new friend, Mikhail. From around the corner, she could only sense the movement of energy. She could feel the precise execution of Arcana followed by outstanding aim and a marvelous force that not many could possibly comprehend. She pushed herself up, using the wall behind her back as leverage. She heard the collision of metal on bone and glanced around the corner. The man was hit and tumbled down the stairs less graceful than a sack of potatoes. Alison blinked in surprise and watched Mikhail move over to the man. The man was about to get up and attempt to do something, though he knew it'd be a stupid idea. "Kneel." she heard that single word. The man did not move. She stepped around the corner, still using the wall as leverage. She was unsure whether she could walk with these bolts sticking out of her stomach. She place her hand over them, holding them as still as she could since with every movement more pain was caused. Mikhail stepped over to her and she looked to him with a pained expression.

"Thank you for that. Though, how deep are those?" he spoke and his tone hinted something she had not heard from him in the few hours they had known each other. Was it concern? Was it sincerity? She looked surprised at him and then pushed a weak smile up. "Honestly, I'm not sure. They hurt like hell though." Alison looked down to the bolts and was about to pull them straight out of her gut. She took a deep breath, and another, and then held. She gripped both of the bolts, and ripped them out of her skin and dress. She tossed them to the side and placed her hand over the wounds in her stomach that were now bleeding out quite badly. "Shit." she mumbled, realizing that was a very bad idea. She wasn't exactly good with first aid, so she didn't realize that pulling them out would cause more problems. "That's not good is it?" she said with a glance toward Mikhail. She had this look of accepted dispair on her face, like she knew she made a huge mistake and was going to pay for it with her life. She just had one thing left to do and that's where this pathetic thief came in. She walked over to him and gabbed onto his shirt.

"Where is the gold you stole from me, Jiro." Alison asked him, her fists beginning to spark with electricity. Jiro looked frightened at her. Alison was extremely angry with him. "I... I don't have your money!!" Jiro exclaimed and Alison pushed his back up against the wall. "Now you listen to me you slimy piece of shit." Alison told him, gritting her teeth through the pain, "You either tell me where the gold is or I swear our last hours are going to be filled with a hell of a lot of pain." "I swear, Alison! I don't have it!" Jiro explained as he began cowering, trying to get away from Alison's grip, "I-I-I... owed this guy some money. A lot of it. He was gonna kill me. I had to get it some how." "So you stole it from me?!" Alison yelled at him, "I need that money back you bastard! I owe someone too, except I didn't get the debt because of stupid gambling habits!! Who did you give it to?! Where do I find him!?" "G-Grandview! That's where he'd be headed." Alison's eyes widened. That was half way across the fucking country. "His name is Anton, Anton Vincent." Alison let go of Jiro's shirt and fell backwards, her breathing quite labored.

"Grandview..." Alison laughed and put an arm over her eyes, "Of course... Grandview." Anyone who knew anything about Arcadia's Mid-Western cities new that Grandview was not a fun place to be, so ignore the name. It was a nice place to be until pirates took it over and now it's full of crime. People have fought and died in the streets. It was full of crime lords and mob bosses, pirates, escaped prisoners, murderers, bounty hunters, and anything else that could be called dangerous. The only reason the city had become well-known enough to be called a city of Arcadia is because 1) it's in the country's borders and 2) it had gotten so bad that minimal guard is posted there. It cost more Arcadian Citizen Lives than the Queen liked when she tried retaking the place. It has officially been abandoned by Arcadian Knights and five years ago every Arcadian citizen was warned not to enter the city because of it. Anyone who went there and died was left there. It's gotten that bad. "I... don't know what to do." Alison glanced up to him from her place on the floor with a weak smile, her hand sitting over her wound to try to slow the blood down.

"I'm so sorry..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:52 pm

As soon as Alison reached for them, Mikhail batted her hand away. "Moving them or even removing them is a terrible idea. Right now, they are acting as an artificial clot to prevent you from bleeding out." He wasn't going to let her bleed out now. He was no doctor, so him healing her was about as likely as an ant beating up Mike Tyson. He could do first aid, but this was like... third or fourth aid. He did not have the skills to do anything for her.

As she decided to beat up this guy to threaten him (at least that's what Mikhail could tell), he began to look around the house for anything to help her. Maybe some painkillers, alcohol, or just something to wrap that up a bit more. He picked out a few words from their conversation. "Grandview" and "Anton Vincent." Grandview was definitely not on his places to travel, and he hadn't heard of this Anton Vincent... but he figured that it was going to end up being that guy having Alison's money.

Mikhail came back from a downstairs bathroom to see her on the floor. "I... don't know what to do. I'm so sorry..." Surely this woman was smarter than that. And as sure as Mikhail thought she was smarter, his face said the exact same thing. "It should be obvious what to do. You get healed and restart your business." Mikhail was not thinking of going to Grandview. Logic said that place was far too dangerous for them. "But first, you must get healed." Mikhail walked over to this Jiro person and gave him a nice kick to the face, just enough to knock him out.

Mikhail would help her up or carry her a little if she was unable to walk, and place her onto the dusty couch. "Keep pressure on that. I shall return shortly." And he left. Just... poof, gone. About five minutes later, he did return, with someone carrying a black purse-like bag. He was a man of about sixty and his weight was about 200 pounds. He had small circular glasses and a curled mustache. It was a traveling doctor, Dr. Hughes. Hughes began to look at Alison, occasionally mumbling "Yes" and "ahhh." "Ahem, I will need you to hold still, little lady. And bite on this." The doctor handed her a clean wooden stick and began to look into his bag, pulling out all sorts of tools he'd need for the operation. "This will not be a permanent fix, but it will be enough to stabilize you until we can get you more proper treatment."

A few minutes later, he was done. It was most likely painful, but that wooden tube was helping her from struggling. "The doctor's cart should be here soon. From there, we will take you to a more trained doctor." Hughes shot Mikhail a bit of a glare, but Mikhail didn't care. Hughes was a traveling doctor. He wasn't someone who'd have the tools they'd need to fix her up.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:04 am

As Alison went and almost made a horrible mistake, she was stopped. Mikhail batted her hand away from the bolts. She looked up to him for an explanation. "Moving them or even removing them is a terrible idea. Right now, they are acting as an artificial clot to prevent you from bleeding out." She looked down to the bolts and realized that he was right. She could tell upon closer inspection that they really were acting as some sort of clot. She agreed and went on to deal with Jiro. The man had been scared of her before, even if he was trying and failing at flirting, so it wasn't a shock that he practically melted when she was actually angry with him. The bolts made it quite difficult to move, but she was able to manage. It was luck that she didn't injure herself anymore than she already was. Alison was still upset though. She had realized that she was going to have to pay Mikhail back in another way. She hated being in debt to someone, especially to a man she had literally just met. She felt like some sort of fraud.

"It should be obvious what to do. You get healed and restart your business." "Restart my business?" Alison questioned. "But first, you must get healed." Alison watched Mikhail knock Jiro out and laughed at it. She wanted to punch the guy too. He then came to her and helped her back to her feet. "Thank you." she said, knowing she needed the help. She tried walking on her own, but it hurt, so Mikhail was kind enough to help her over to the couch. She laid down on it as he began walking away. "Keep pressure on that. I shall return shortly." "Huh? Wait. N-..." and he was gone. She stared at the door in horror, wondering if he would actually return. A few minutes passed and Alison heard someone coming. She looked to the door and saw Mikhail walk in with another person. Alison didn't pay that much attention to the second man because she was truly shocked that Mikhail returned. She was expecting him to be off hunting his money or not wanting to bother with someone like her anymore. She was a lot of trouble.

"Ahem, I will need you to hold still, little lady. And bite on this." Alison was pulled from her thoughts and looked toward the man who was apparently a doctor. She was handed a wooden stick. She figured what was about to happen was going to be painful if she needed this. "This will not be a permanent fix, but it will be enough to stabilize you until we can get you more proper treatment." And then it began. The first part was removing the bolts. She was told to bite down and she did. Tears welled up in her eyes and it took all she had not to punch the doctor out of pure reflex. She bit down harder as the second was removed. Soon after came the cleaning, the medicine, and the stitching up. By the end, Alison felt like she had been drained of every ounce of energy she had. She laid there, her breathing heavy as the doctor wrapped her stomach in bandages. When the doctor removed the stick from her mouth, he was surprised to find that it had cracked in multiple places.

"The doctor's cart should be here soon. From there, we will take you to a more trained doctor." Mikhail said. Alison giggled a little and reached out, grabbing Mikhail hand. "Thank you." she said sweetly and then turned to the doctor, "And thank you as well." She had seen the glare the Doc had given and could only smile about it. She didn't think Mikhail meant to insult the man, but it happened, so she made sure to thank him anyway. A few moments later, he was done wrapping her up and said he'd wait outside for the cart. Alison looked up to Mikhail, "When you walked out so suddenly, I really didn't think you'd come back. I figured you'd go after your money and not have to deal with me anymore." It should have been obvious by now that Alison either didn't think much of herself or just assumed everyone thought she was something they didn't need to bother with. "Thank you for not leaving me here." she told him as sincerely as he could and then let go of his hand, doubting he wanted her holding it.

"I don't think I need to go to another doctor, do you?" Alison asked Mikhail, knowing the cart was going to show up soon. It was always possible for her to get infected in some way. Magical treatment would have been better than the normal, but she did trust in Hughes' methods. "I need to get back to work... and figure out what I can do to pay you back..." Alison glanced away, "I don't have a shop or a business... I saved all of that money up by making things for people and doing odd jobs in the towns that I travel to... It took me months to get that much. I don't know how I'm going to be able to pay you back, Mikhail. I know I can't any time soon, but if you're willing to deal with me for a while, we can maybe travel together? I'd enjoy some company on my travels." Alison smiled to him, wondering what his answer was going to be. If he also did insist on her seeing another doctor, she would not argue with him. She'd do as instructed and be taken to where she needed to be taken to. If not though, she'd want to head to Aria.

"There, I can get the pictures developed and sell the camera for a little bit of cash, what do you think?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm