Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Lost [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Lost [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Lost [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Lost [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Lost [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Lost [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Lost [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Lost [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Lost [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Lost [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Lost [Closed] Empty Lost [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Sofia woke up, her ears still ringing. She held her head, bringing her hand back wet with blood. Sofia looked around, trying to see what was going on. The four-wagon caravan was mostly splinters and fire now. "Lilia?" Sofia called out, trying to stand. Nothing. "Lilia?" Again, nothing. Sofia continued to scream for her daughter. And not a soul responded. Sofia stood and fell to one knee. She found charred bodies, some with wounds not from fire. And none of them were Lilia. Sofia then heard a crackling. She looked at her cloak, then threw it off in a fit. It then exploded in a flurry of magical energy. Sofia grabbed the only thing that was intact, her staff. Using it as a walking stick, Sofia began to follow what looked to be footprints leading into the underbrush, calling for her daughter along the way...
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Lost [Closed] Empty Re: Lost [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:42 pm

[Lost [Closed] Header4_zpsv1msm0sa

The forest was silent. The animals were in hiding after strange loud sounds echoed through the trees. A few of these animals were very strong predators. They weren't hiding from something, but were actually stalking. Keeping themselves low and hidden from the eyes of the one survivor that now trespassed in their land, these predators kept a close eye on her. She was loud, obnoxious, and an easy target for them to take down. Right now, they were a pack of six. They were one of natures quickest predators with one of the more sophisticated and intelligent ways of communicating with each other. Beyond the brush, hidden in the shadows and blending in with their environment, a group of Velociraptors had their eyes fixated on Sofia. This woman was nothing but an intruder and a possible meal to them. She called out again and again, making herself more known to the surrounding nature.

After her final call, the group had surrounded her, slowly moving with her. One was behind her, following her every step. There were two to her left, keeping themselves low and quiet. Hidden to her right were two more, eyes focused clearly on her location. And finally there was on in the front. This one was coming at her. From the shadows of the forest, it walked out to her, standing about a foot above her as it intentionally held itself taller. It stared down at her, walking forward with a hiss and a strange inhuman shrieking sounds emanating from it. As it stepped closer, it snapped at her, as if it was attempting to bite. It continued to do so until it's friends came and surrounded her as well.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Sofia's eyes went wide. This was the problem with Cieria. These fucking creatures. Sofia took a step backwards. "Easy... I don't want any trouble." She was being very careful, but it was hard with her injured leg. The world also still seemed to spin. I don't want to kill it. I'm probably just in its territory. Sofia stumbled backwards as it snapped at her. She gritted her teeth. "Back! Shoo!" Sofia didn't swat at it with her staff. She was too reliant on it right now to risk it being thrown away. It didn't work. Down to only one option, Sofia channeled her Arcana through her staff. A ball of light about the size of a man's head shot upward. She was hoping this would distract the creature. It did, but not for long. Gritting her teeth, Sofia began channeling something similar, but this time it would be fire... "Stay back... I don't want to hurt you!"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:14 pm

The ball of light that shot up did distract the one in front, but not for long at all. He looked up and then back down. He wasn't unfamiliar with strange magic type stuff, so it wasn't too much of a surprise. He went toward her again, but she began bringing out some other strange light thing. The noises he made changed to a strange clucking sound and the one behind her came up and used its tail to trip her in a manner that she would fall on her side. The rest of them quickly ran in for the attack, all of them making intimidating noises as they charged. As they were about to get to her, a vicious roar came from out of nowhere. It was extremely loud and was coming from just beyond the trees. It was powerful enough that the trees bent, branches blew, and leaves were torn to bits. Besides that, the roar was hot. The temperature in the area raised about ten degrees from it's previous ninety-five.

A few low thuds and what sounded like the crushing of wood were coming from beyond the trees. A large scaled creature with deep red, blue, and black coloring its body, came through the trees with smoke seeping from its nose. It looked angry. The raptors all began to back away, taking two steps back for each one that this large beast took. It was a dragon, a rather beautiful one at that. He grunted and growled low and the raptors all stepped back into a line, looking almost uniform. The dragon then looked down to the woman and stepped over her. Not over to her, actually over her. It lowered its giant head and sniffed before sitting down like a dog. It then began to transform. Its scales vanished and he formed what was a large man. Thanks to magic, he wasn't naked either. He held his hand out to the woman. If her eyes were closed, he'd take her hand and gently help her to her feet. "I'm sorry they scared you. Are you alright?" he asked. His voice was deep and a little brash, but quite calming.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:58 pm

It was only when she was tripped that Sofia noticed the others. This made it a lot worse. That was when she tried swatting at the creatures with her hands and feet. As it didn't terrify them, Sofia drew her staff close to her. She had one chance at making it out alive. "I'm sorry, Lilia..." Sofia shut her eyes tight as the metal in her hands glowed bright orange. With the roar, however, Sofia's arcana dispersed. She had lost her concentration. Opening one eye, she noticed she was still alive. Sofia didn't immediately notice the temperature difference, due to how hot her staff had just been glowing.

The dragon was unexpected. She had expected a bigger dinosaur. No, this was something far more... normal in her mind. Dragons were beings of Arcana, so they were something she had looked into. Sweat poured down her face as the dragon began to sniff her. This thing, she might have a chance at fighting if only because there was just one of—wait, it was transforming. A large man soon stood where the dragon was, and Sofia just blinked. It dawned on her quickly that this man was a shapeshifter (or it was an Elder Dragon, which would have been quite a rare encounter). Sofia hesitated before taking his hand. When she stood, she leaned against her staff heavily.

"Scared me?" Sofia's voice was hysterical. "Sir, those things terrified me." Taking in a breath, she shook her head. Her voice calmed, but her nerves hadn't. "And no, no I am not all right. I need help. With... a lot of things. First thing's first, I need to know... have you seen a young girl around? She looks a lot like me, about four inches shorter, and she keeps her hair in a ponytail or bun. Her hair is about the same color as mine too, so she shouldn't be mistaken for any other person through here... Oh, I'm rambling... I lost my daughter after our caravan was attacked. She's not with the bodies of the other members, and I haven't been able to find her and I'm just so worried because this is her first time out in Cieria. It was just supposed to be a calm getaway after I did some work. A vacation. But nooo... something just had to attack our caravan." Sofia would continue to ramble until she was stopped.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:19 pm

This little lady was one of the sweet ones. He smiled when she admitted being terrified. He couldn't blame her. Viktor let her ramble on for a while, but only because he was thinking about where he might have seen her daughter. He didn't remember seeing or smelling anyone in the area but her, so her daughter probably went the opposite direction. If not, the kid was likely picked up or taken somewhere. That's fantastic. Viktor already felt bad for this woman. "Hey, hey, hey..." he set his large hands on her petite shoulders and gave as warm of a smile that he could give, "Look... You're hurt and are going to need some rest. I haven't seen your daughter around here, so I'm sorry I can't say I have better news. However, besides the wreckage from your caravan, I smell no more blood in the area. If you did not find her among the others, it means she probably wandered off for help. I'll keep some of them on watch for her, okay? Just try and calm down."

Viktor waited for her to agree and then turned to his pack. With a few growls, he gave them their orders and they all rushed off, all but one was heading toward the caravan area while the last was going the opposite direction. He sent that one to tell the rest of the pack to search the area for a young girl and not to hurt her, but instead bring her to him. "Alright, they'll be looking around for her and return when the moon is high and the stars are clear." he explained. He was talking about midnight, when things got much clearer in the sky. "Come on. Let me carry you to my home. The slower you move out here, the more dangerous it can be. There aren't really any towns or cities close enough either. You were attacked in the worst of places." Viktor explained. If she allowed, he'd pick her up and began to carry her deeper into the forest and in the same direction the one raptor had gone. "So, I'm Viktor. What is your name? And what can you tell me about the attack?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:34 pm

Sofia tensed and immediately shut up as Viktor's large hands gripped her shoulders. He had big hands. Like, really big. Sofia was smaller framed, so that didn't help either. "No... blood. That's good." Sofia shook her head. "Her name... her name is Lilia. When we look for her, that's her name. But okay. It'll have to do for now... I don't really have much of a choice either." Sofia sighed and relaxed. Sofia was impressed by his ability to talk to these dinosaurs.

"I... Arcana knows I want to find a reason not to let a stranger carry me..." Sofia shook her head and sighed in defeat. "Fine. Just watch the staff, okay?" Sofia let herself be carried, her face deep red in a blush. "Sofia Laskou." Sofia kept her staff close to her as she was carried. "I was in a covered wagon, so I didn't see much until it was over. I do distinctly remember there being four large... booms, for lack of a better sound. When I came to, there was nothing left but splinters and dead bodies. I only had male bodyguards, so I could easily identify that none of them were Lilia." Sofia looked distantly at the sky. "It must be politics back at home coming back to bite me..." Sofia shook her head. "Anyways, Viktor... that is quite a talent you have—being able to control those creatures. Is that what you do for a living? Tame them?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:10 pm

"Arcana knows...?" Viktor tilted his head at the expression. He was a recluse, so things like that didn't make sense to him. The fact that it was coming from another country also made it worse. "Sofia..." he nodded in approval. Viktor tried to think of some neighboring bandits, mercenaries, and other bad folk that may have been the culprits here, but none came to mind. His brow furrowed and he groaned in annoyance. They must have been someone following her. No one around here used explosives, mostly animals. "Right... Did you hear any sounds of animals? Beasts? Roars? Anything belonging to a horse will not help since I'm sure that is what was pulling your caravan. We just have a gang of thieves that ride the back of the more aggressive beasts around here. If you heard anything like that, it might help me figure out who the people were that attacked you."

"... From back home?" he raised an eyebrow and thought more. There were some unfamiliar scents in the area, but he figures that was just her group. Maybe his theory on someone following her was right. He was pulled from his thoughts by her questions and looked down to her. "Well, it's not like a job, but a way of life. I do, in a way, tame them, but it's more that I teach them respect for my power and they follow me. They're pack animals that need an alpha and I became theirs quite a few years back. Sometimes they mess up, like today, but they were also only defending their territory. They like guard dogs for me actually. Guard dogs and good, but unruly friends." After about a fifteen minute walk and some more small talk, the two arrived at a decent sized and well-made hut. He set her down at the front door and made sure she could stand before opening up.

"Come on in." he said, holding the door open with a smile. The hut was surprisingly well-lit with a few arcane light orbs. The furniture looked to be good quality. The floor was made of wood from the surrounding jungle. The roof and the fireplace were both made of stone. The place was built by him, but he put it together very well. It was easily a house that could sit in the middle-class part of town. Downstairs was the kitchen, a small dining area, and a medium sized living area. Upstairs was two bedrooms, but the second was kind of being used as a trophy room. There was only one bathroom and it was inside the master as an on suite. The biggest thing to note was the high ceilings that seemed to have an extra four to five feet that normal houses would not. With the masculine furniture and lonely atmosphere of the house, it was obvious that Viktor Beck did not ever expect to have a guest, let alone a female one. "Well, this is my home. I know it's not much, but I'm pretty proud of it."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 pm

Sofia shook her head. "Nothing that stood out. I was doing what work I could on the road. I was really distracted with that... It's probably why I didn't hear anything else. The loud booms were all I heard before I blacked out." Sofia thought about it. "I'm quite positive they used magic or some beast that could produce a large amount of fire in a short burst. I had a cloak that was designed to be weather-resistent, which included high temperatures. It's probably what saved me. However, its enchantments were overloaded. It quite literally combusted as soon as I took it off. This just means a lot of fire in a short burst."

Sofia listened to Viktor explain the beasts and his relationship with them. "I see. It must be quite the ordeal. And today, they probably came in response to the loud noise and the smell of burning meat. Or maybe I was in their territory. I was following what looked to be footprints, but... I lost them in the forest." Sofia and Viktor talked more on the way to his hut. Sofia could stand with the aid of her staff. "A gentleman too? I'm impressed." She gave him a kind smile before stepping inside.

Sofia... This was definitely not what she liked. It was obvious on her face, but she could sense the pride Viktor had in his home. "It's... definitely well-made." That was the first thing that came to mind. Sofia saw a couple of the orbs going dim. Walking over to one, she inspected it. Nodding, she drew on it with her finger. And with a small glow of greenish light, the orbs returned to their original luminosity. "Something you should know... Those orbs are made to burn out. Nonarcanists were the target of this scheme—they buy something they can't recharge. If you'd like, I can put some stronger enchantments on them. That way they will last longer."

Sofia then held her hand up to her mouth and gasped. "Oh, I'm sorry. I probably should have asked to do that... It was just such a simple fix, I thought I might as well do it... But it's hardly proper for a stranger to go around and fixing up someone's home." Sofia was well-versed in Arcana and how it worked. She looked at Arcana like a study, unlike most Arcanists in the world. Salaneos was a good place to study Arcana like that outside of Rydian. "So how long have you lived out here? And did you make this home yourself?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:19 pm

Viktor quickly sensed and saw the dislike of his home, which only disappointed him. He immediately got the impression that she was some pampered noble after that. He could have drawn that conclusion from her clothes, but decided to ignore that. He watched her with a raised eyebrow as she seemingly played with the arcane orb he had. It suddenly grew brighter and was like brand new again. "Impressive." he said, kind of mimicking her from before. The apology that came confused him, but he soon understood. "No, don't worry. It's fine." he said and laughed, "If you can do that, it'd help quite a bit. The less I have to go into town the better. I don't enjoy traveling that far all the time and I'd prefer not to use fire in the house, so the help with them would actually be appreciated." Viktor went over to his chair and sat down, taking off his large boots and setting them off to his side.

"I built the house, not the stuff in it. I get money from thankful people and others give gifts... Cieria isn't exactly a safe place for many people, especially travelers or those in small towns..." Viktor got up and dusted off another chair. He then hurried over to a cabinet while he was talking and grabbed a clean blanket. When he came back, he set it over the chair so she could sit down more comfortably. "So when I help someone or prevent a T-Rex from tearing through a town, I get gifted furniture, weapons, food, clothing... Here, rest here. I can try and cook up something to eat. Would you like something to drink? I believe I have this new juice stuff I got a week ago. It was pretty good, sweeter than I like though. I've also got some rare tea leaves I received about a month ago; I don't know if tea leaves go bad. The man who gave them to me said they didn't, but I don't know. Sometimes I can't trust the gifts I'm given. I'm pretty sure this one plant made me go a little nuts. Got dizzy, saw things. It was not a fun day at all. Oh, and another guy tried to poison me with one of those Arcadian fruits... Not cool, man. Not cool at all."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Sofia didn't sit when Viktor came back with a chair. No, she was already working, fixing the light orbs to be of proper luminosity. She also, with the help of a small pen, drew very complex magical circles. "Oh, really? That's impressive that you help people. And I can agree about Cieria being unsafe. At least in the wilderness." Sofia finished and sat down. She seemed more calm after doing some work. "Your lamps should last another... fifteen or so years before they become unusable and will need to be replaced. They also won't get dim until that time either. Those things are a rather simple construct, so it's easily to manipulate its parts. If you have any glass, I can actually make you far more complex ones. Different colors, dimmers, etc. It's nothing too special, but it might help the place look prettier... Oh, I'm not saying it's not pretty."

Sofia always liked to speak before she thought it through. "I've had the pleasure of eating one of those before... Accidentally, of course. I was lucky that I didn't eat too much of it. My face still looked like an over-inflated tomato though." Sofia thought for a moment. "As for a drink... If you have any wine... Wait, no... Mmm, whiskey? ...No, not that. God, I'm such a nervous wreck." Sofia sighed. "I'll take some of that juice. Maybe something sweet can help calm me down." As Viktor stepped off to get her a drink, Sofia relaxed in her chair. "How long have you been out here? With how well you've taken care of it, it's hard to tell how old the house is."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Viktor watched her curiously, leaning to the right and left to get a better view of what she was doing without getting to close to the strange woman. When the light brightened, he was immediately impressed. "No way." he walked over to one of the orbs as she went to do the others and began poking at them a bit. He did it to two more before putting his hands on his hips and smiling at her. "Well thank you for that. Brightened this place up. In fact..." he grabbed two of them and turned them off, placing them in a chest near the fire place. The house was still lit up nicely, but now he could save these for when he actually needed them. "Did you say fifteen years? These things always die within six months for me, if not less than that. I've spent quite a bit of money on them." he glared at a few of the orbs that were still set up, "Well ain't that great. Well, you've saved me a bit of money. Thank you."

"An over-inflated tomato..." Viktor chuckled with a bit of a snort. The image of that was rather cute in his head. "Sorry. I don't usually offer alco-... Well, I don't usually offer anything. I don't have guests out here too often... I think I have some brandy around here. I'm not that much of a drinker, which may be surprising since I'm out here alone. I can enjoy some liquor every now and then, but it's not something take part in too often..." He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled, "You think you're a nervous wreck? I'm rambling on a bit myself..." He got some of the juice out of the fridge. If she looked, she'd notice it was an old style arcane cooler and freezer, probably four or five years out of date, but it still worked well. He brought her the juice in small cup that was easier for him to hold with three fingers. "Um... For quite a few years now. I do my best to take care of the place... Last year a storm hit and a tree fell on it, so I kind of had to rebuild a large section of the upstairs."

Viktor went and sat down in his chair, relaxing as he leaned back. He tried not staring at her, feeling awkward every time their eyes met. "Well um... Besides your daughter, why are you so nervous? Are you like me, a bit of a loner?" Viktor was listening to her answer when he heard a loud boom from off in the distance. He looked up to the ceiling as a rumble rolled overhead. "Mm..." he sighed and shook his head, "A storm is coming, a bit one. Time to lock down." Viktor stood up and hurried up stairs. He closed all the shutters and locked them. He came down stairs soon to do the same and then started a fire. By the time he was done, the storm was over them and the wind could be heard bashing against the side of the house. Rain began falling very heavily. "I hate these things... No warning, no signs. Just random appearances." he said with a sigh as he sat down, "Tomorrow, if the storm is clear, we'll begin searching for your little girl, okay? Until then, we just have to just bunker down and relax."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:34 am

Sofia raised an eyebrow. Six months?"You really got a bad batch then. Either that or a bad merchant. Those are the kinds that Salan merchants sell to Nonarcanists. The good batches should last about a year. The most expensive kind are designed to last until the material breaks. I've made one of those. I needed one of those jeweler's magnifying glasses to do the major components. Magical circles are my specialty." Sofia was proud to speak on her Arcana.

Sofia was embarrassed about how much she rambling. She also felt the same about alcohol. Tonight just seemed like one of those nights. "I... I have never been attacked in such a way. I'm also worried that you might be dragged into this, and I don't want that. Also having your clothing nearly combust while you're wearing it is not a good thing." Sofia thanked him for the drink. She tensed as the loud roar of thunder rolled over. She had had enough loud noises today. "The only storms like this that hit Herakletia," Sofia softly spoke while listening to the storm slam against the sturdy house, "are hurricanes."

"I just hope she's not outside... Or if she is, she's in a cave or something." Sofia's body slumped slightly, then she shot up in excitement. Not joy, but something came to her mind. "Oh no... Lilia's birthday gift... I was going to give it to her early. It was a cloak with the same enchantments as mine... It's gone." Sofia had spent a good bit of money on that cloak. The enchantments weren't a problem. The material it was made out of was. She would have to wait until next year to get enough for two cloaks. "Tell me... where is the nearest larger town? I'd like to go there when we can. At least to look for my daughter... but I also want to get her something special for her birthday. She's growing up, and I don't really know how many more of them she'll want to spend with me. So I'm trying to give her nice gifts so I can remember the smile on her face..."

Sofia shook her head and relaxed back into the chair. "I remember when she was just a little girl and it was just the two of us. I went back to school to become a dikast—that's our version of a lawyer—but I just couldn't do that. I'd have to spend too much time away from Lilia. Instead, I became a secretary. And I also had a side-business selling enchantments. It was the only way to make sure Lilia got some of what she wanted, but all of what she needed. It feels like just yesterday that she began to walk... She's a sweet girl, and because of the hard work I've put in, she'll succeed in anything she does. Oh, I'm rambling again... Do you have children, Viktor?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:27 am

"The closest large town is Daizar and it's actually about two hundred and some miles north east of here... You were attacked close to the edge of the Pisi Jungle. It's quite a journey and we would need to prepare a lot for it. I walk everywhere or ride if I find a beast large enough and quick to tame; those aren't easy to get though. I tamed a T-Rex once... Then it tried to bite me in half when I reverted to this form. It didn't survive the attack... Rambling too, sorry. What I mean is, if that's where you're wanting to go, it will be one hell of a journey and you should expect a lot of walking, heat, lack of water and food, along with troublemakers along the road." Viktor stopped and then looked at her like she was a little crazy. He went silent for a moment and then waved his hands in front of him.

"Look, I offered to help you look for your little girl and I will; however, I won't be going birthday shopping. That's just... not my thing... at all. And two hundred and fifty miles for a birthday present?" After a moment of what was likely awkward silence, Sofia spoke up and began talking about her daughter. The woman was obviously a good Mother. Viktor couldn't relate. "No, I have no children. I don't think it's something I'll ever get to do. Not many women like my way of living and I don't see me giving up my way of life for someone. If I did, they'd had to of really impressed me or something."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:28 pm

"Really? That far away?" Sofia had thought she was making good time in her trip through Cieria. She was wrong. She hadn't meant to imply Viktor would go birthday shopping with her. His comment, however, offended her. It made her sound, frankly, stupid. "I said that before I knew how long of a travel it would be." Sofia was somewhat scathing with her remark. The silence grew and Sofia then spoke on her daughter. That would ease tensions. This man was nice and was going to help her search for Lilia. She did not want to be on Viktor's bad side.

Sofia smiled and chuckled lightly. "I can definitely see why most women would be... apprehensive about going along with your way of life. But I also assume that's because they can't protect themselves in the slightest... and they don't know you can turn into a dragon." Sofia at least felt things ease between them. She imagined the outdoors. "I don't know if I could do this myself. Not all the time at least. Lilia at least would love the outdoors. It would be nice to get out of the city more, now thinking on it... Do you know of anywhere in Cieria that would be good to take my daughter sightseeing?" After getting her answer, the curiousity finally got the better of her. "This is quite embarrassing, but I can't hold back the question. Pardon me if this is asking something too personal... but your transformation—are you a human that can change arcanically into a dragon or is it the other way around?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:39 pm

The tension was there and Viktor's nervousness about his guest weren't letting them go away quickly enough for him. He was glad she chose to speak up. The silence was awkward. "I don't keep it a secret, but some women even get frightened at it." he chuckled a bit. In his eyes, it was best for him to stay single until he was willing to give up his current lifestyle. He didn't think he would ever be too, so he doubted he'd ever find that love that others could find. "It's actually not as hard as you think. Once you get into your routine, understand the area, and prepare yourself for the dangers, it's sometimes easier to live out here than with people." he explained and stared up at the ceiling, "People are manipulative and use each other, violent and cruel... Not everyone, obviously, but you never know when you're house will be robbed or whether the person on the street is a serial killer, you know?"

"Out here, everything is in your face about what it is. Those raptors are raptors. They are killing machines that only obey the alpha, which is me in this case. The jungle won't lie to you. The animals won't pretend to be something they're not, except maybe a possum playing dead, but everyone knows that is what they do. There's no fake smiles and I think that is what I like about being out here the most. It's real..." After he finished explaining, he went silent and contemplated about his own realization. He never thought about why he liked it out here so much better until now. She asked another question and he chuckled. "What you're asking is whether I'm an Elder or Disciple, right? I'm a Disciple. This old man, closest thing I had to a real Father, came by when I was having a hard time in life and trained me to take what most children my age couldn't. I was actually very young at the time."

"So, I have a question for you... Have you ever been to Osynius? I'd like to know their opinion on Dragon Disciples and Elder Dragons. I thought that would be a place I could maybe find a woman. I doubt they'd be scared of me, and every man wouldn't mind being worshiped by his woman." Viktor laughed at what he had said, but it was only a half-joke, "So you know anything about that?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Sofia thought his explanation of the world was... somewhat true, but sad. Dear lord was it sad. She could tell he had been hurt. The mother in her wanted to tell him that it'd be okay, get him some hot cocoa, and read him a bedtime story. The woman in her wanted to tell him that it'd be okay and that he needed to get laid. Well, in more eloquent terms that is. She reached out and patted the big man on his shoulder to reassure him. She was glad that her question didn't offend him or get too personal. "Ahh, I see, I see. I have never met a Dragon Disciple or an Elder Dragon before now. I'm glad that the first one I met is such a nice guy."

"Oh, Osynius... I was there once and only once." Sofia looked like she was thinking really hard on something. "I... am going to recommend you not go to Osynius if you're only looking for a woman. You will be worshipped, but not in the way you'd like. Well, by your partner, yes, that would be how you liked. But other people will do the same because to them, Elder Dragons are deific and Dragon Disciples are the 'lucky few' to have been touched by their minor deities. The cities are beautiful, the people are generally kind, but I find the religion to be a little too... strict at times. I was only spared by the harshness of the religion because of the reason of my visit." Sofia shook her head. "You don't look to be the type to like to be paraded, and I mean that literally, around just because you happen to be a Dragon Disciple."

"In the same vein, I both do and don't recommend moving to Salaneos either. I love my home country, don't get me wrong. But you'd also be the subject of many people wanting to interrogate you or experiment on you. Unless you already have a woman there, it's going to be hard for you to live a normal life. Which, if you move to Salaneos, try to find me. I live in Herakletia, the capital. I can try to make sure no one bothers you..." Sofia looked a little pained as she spoke quieter. "Because... I suppose... I should come clean about something. I haven't lied to you about it, but it is something I have withheld. Your previous speech made me feel awful about not letting you know."

"I'm not some simple mother, traveling with her daughter. I'm not some rich girl who can't do anything on her own. I'm one of the members of the Mageías Council, the ruling body of Salaneos. There are five of us, including the Archmage, and we rule the country. I'm sorry for keeping it from you, but... considering politics back home probably was what caused the attack earlier... I didn't want to drag you into it. I didn't want to disturn your life more than I already had."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:20 am

Sofia's admitance of who she was caused Viktor to freeze. He stared at her curiously, blinking twice before grabbing onto his head. "Are you serious!?" he tugged at his own hair, "What the hell?! We definitely start our journey tomorrow! There is no way in hell I'm getting caught up in that kind of shit. Are you kidding me?! You're literally one of the leaders of a country!" Viktor stood up and paced, a hand on his chin as he thought about the situation he was in. "The moment people find out you were attacked, they'll figure out where and send out trackers... This could start an entire war between our countries, especially if Salaneos thinks that it was one of our people that attacked you! And what if they think it was me?! Agh! This situation is bad, very bad..." Viktor's worrying was cut off by loud boom echoing through the sky. He looked up and calmed himself down.

Viktor decided that panicking over this was dumb. Viktor took a deep breath and then looked to Sofia. His face hardened and he sat back down. "Would you like to use my bed for the night?" he asked. He was originally going to have her sleep on the couch or make up a bed for her in his trophy room, but not now. She was practically royalty in his mind and he had to treat her as such. If he didn't, he figured he'd be executed or something. "It's time for us to get some rest. We have a long day tomorrow."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Sofia tried to stop him from freaking out. It didn't work. Thunder apparently did though, funnily enough. "Viktor, calm down, please. If I were from any other country, you would most certainly be right to worry. Salaneos will not start a war. With the damn Empire nipping at our heels, the moment our troops move elsewhere, they'll rush in and take the country. Besides, I said that it was probably politics back home that did this. They'll deny the whole thing and chalk it up to 'bandits,' no matter what any official report says. And it isn't because I didn't approve or oppose a proposal or anything... Do you want to know what gets most of us killed in Salaneos? It's our research. They were probably trying to steal whatever research notes I had on me."

"And also, they won't send out trackers until they get confirmation that my notes were captured or I was killed. So I give us two days before anyone gets to where I was attacked." Sofia stood and laid a comforting hand on his shoulder. "And I will make sure that anyone who comes for me knows that you helped me. And if they try to harm you because of it..." Sofia's smile turned ice-cold. "You said this place is dangerous, so who is to say they didn't disappear thanks to the wildlife."

Sofia's smile returned to normal and she sat down on the couch this time. "Viktor, I'm not going to kick you out of your bed. I may ask for a pillow that's more than a throw pillow, but I will be just fine on your couch. And please, don't worry too much about all this. It probably won't come up ever again, and you can go tell your friends that you saved one of the 'rulers' of Salaneos." Sofia threw her head back onto the arm of the couch, the throw pillow beneath her head. "That we do. And again, thank you so much for helping me. You quite literally saved my life. I owe you quite a lot, I think."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 pm