Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Role Reversal [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Role Reversal [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Role Reversal [Closed] Empty Role Reversal [Closed]

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Role Reversal [Closed] Header3_zps6e4384fb

It was the middle of the afternoon and hotter than normal. Selena and Reaper were on their way to Aria to investigate the recent attacks that seem to have hit world wide. The two have come to a valley, but the forest is coming up. It was the Llandy Vale, so they still had quite a long way before they reached Aria. With no shade from the trees, Selena was getting more and more frustrated and she was ready to start taking it out on Reaper. The only thing that was holding her back was the fact that she actually liked this stubborn asshole and his mindset would immediately dub her hostile and a threat to be eliminated. Even with knowing that, she was ready to pounce. It'd distract her from the heat.

"Jaaayyyy!!!!" she whined as she walked behind him with her shoulders slouched. She was sweaty and sticky and her hair was beginning to stick to her body. "I'm getting really tired back here and wouldn't mind taking a break. Near a pond or lake... or something to bathe in!" Selena was not letting the frustration be hidden. She had dealt witha lot, but come on! She needed a bath. She hurried up and ran in front of him, stopping him from continuing. "Come on, please!" she begged, "Look at me!" She raised her arms and then grabbed her hair. There was a reason she bathed a lot and that is because her hair soaked up quite a bit of sweat and carried a lot of dirt. Would she cut it? Nope. Not happening. It was her signature and he couldn't make her. "I need... to bathe... please. Pleeassse."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Role Reversal [Closed] Empty Re: Role Reversal [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:07 pm

Role Reversal [Closed] Header4

The Reaper was almost as uncomfortable as Selena, but he didn't show it. Partially it was because his mouth was kept in a small oven. The other part was that he didn't want to look weak in front of Selena—or anyone for that matter. But especially Selena. He didn't know why her opinion mattered on that, but it did. He'd add this to the many questions that were adding up into a growing list about what was going on in his head about this woman. It was like a grocery list—if it called for all of the products in the store individually. Not just one product, but each package listed individually.

The Reaper sighed and turned to face Selena with one eye. He continued to walk, but she was more of the focus right now. She emphasized tired and break, and so the Reaper sighed again. He was okay with continuing, but Selena didn't seem to have his endurance. Xander would have giggled at that thought. "There's a creek about half a mile south of here. It gets deep enough to bathe in some parts, but it won't be anything like a river. You won't be able to submerge yourself completely." The Reaper motioned for her to follow. "Come along. I'll show you the way."

The Reaper showed her to a creek about two yards wide and two feet deep. It was slow moving at this curve, and he nodded towards it. "Don't take too long. The sooner we reach Aria, the better." The Reaper nodded to her. "I'll stay by that large rock we passed for your privacy. Is that okay, or would you prefer it if I went further out?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Even behind the mask, the excitement in Selena's features shined brightly. She squee'd and thanked him multiple times. And when they got to the creek, she immediately began stripping her clothes off. She tossed them off to the side and by the time he asked about moving further away for her own privacy, she just dove into the water. "Ohh yeesss..." she moaned happily as she rolled over to sort of float there on her back, "This... feels so much better... And I don't need privacy from you. I've seen and even helped bathe every inch of you, hun. We sat in that bath together, do you not remember this? I don't care... You should join me and cool off. I can't imagine your clothes are any more relieving than my own. I'll hop out in a few minutes if you prefer to bathe on your own..."

Selena went over to the edge where she set her bag and pulled out some soap and a cloth. She loved bathing in moving water; It made things so much easier. Within a few minutes, she was able to rinse her hair quite nicely and get her body clean. Once she was done, she just sat there on her knees and enjoyed the feeling of the cool water. "Alright... I'll get out when you tell me to."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:35 pm

The Reaper immediately turned away when Selena began to strip. Privacy. That was his main concern, yes. Totally. Completely. He continued in his normal level tone, but he was definitely surprised by how casually she nuded herself in front of him. He kept his back to her, almost feeling that flat stare she gave when she was "disappointed" in him. "To be fair," he interrupted, "I didn't see you at that time." Unfortunately, she was right though. She had helped him at that time. Their bodies were known to one another, save for certain things that he did not think about often.

The Reaper turned after a long moment and the sounds of her bag rustling caught his attention. He made a decision and removed his shoes and socks, followed by his long coat. But as Selena's excitement most likely grew, it would soon fade as he only rolled up his sleeves and legs of his pants. The Reaper dipped his feet into the cool creek and let the water cool him off. "You are right, this does feel nice." He was tempted to get further in, but decided against it. It would feel great, but it would only make him want to stay there far too long. A short break was all that he needed.

"Your hair seemed rather in ill shape," he said, noticing two twigs float downstream. "Would you think more frequent bathing stops would help with that? I do not think you'd want to cut that. It must have taken you quite some time growing it to that length." And the Reaper preferred the long hair on her. It was as much of a part of her as her chains.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:02 pm

"Was that a joke?" Selena raised an eyebrow and laughed a little, "Almost didn't think you had it in you." Although she wasn't looking in his direction, nor did she have her glasses on, Selena was able to tell he began taking his own clothes off. She kept rummaging through her bag, but not paying very much attention. She went over the soap like four times before actually grabbing it. When he began rolling up his sleeves, she was able to concentrate a bit more and began actually bathing.

"I told you. Seems you needed a rest as much as I did." she smiled when glancing back to him. She began humming a small tune for a moment, but stopped when he brought up her hair. "Uh... Yeah. I prefer keeping my hair as clean as possible. I've been out of shampoo for some time now, so when we hit the next town, I'll need to buy some." she explained and was now done bathing, "And yes... It took me my entire life to get it this long and healthy. I used to take one inch off every year on my birthday to make sure it doesn't go too crazy. It's at the length I want it now, so I just keep it there."

And then she realized something... Selena moved through the water and over to him with a cloth. She dumped it in the water and squeezed some of it out before wiping off his forehead and setting it around his neck. "Since you refuse to get all the way in, at least use this to keep the top half of you cool." she said and then began moving back over to her spot. Before she got all the way over, she looked back to him and smiled, "Thank you. That was the first time you ever asked something personal about me, especially in that manner..." 'That manner' referred to his curiosity, instead of interrogating her.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:37 pm

The Reaper had heard of the difficulties women had with getting their hair to a specified length. It wasn't something he had the trouble of doing, he cut his hair short for a reason. If it weren't for the fact that the Reaper knew how odd he'd look without hair, he'd prefer it bald. So he just keeps it short, and he's the only one that will cut his hair. No one else gets something sharp that close to his head. "Intriguing. I didn't know it took you such a long time to get it that long." Again, Xander would have giggled.

The Reaper tensed as she placed the cloth on his forehead, but he did not shove her away like he once would have. He once would have a knife at her throat at her even attempting to get that close to him. Now, he just let it happen. Selena was the only one allowed to get that close to him. "Appreciated." The Reaper nodded. Selena walked away to bathe again, but then thanked him. It took him a moment to realize what she meant. He shrugged."I hadn't noticed."

About half an hour later, the Reaper's feet were as wrinkled as a shirt that a cat wrestled with. Thankfully they were not that hairy. He looked up at the sun, made a thinking noise, and then called out to Selena. "I think we should be on our way now." The Reaper stood and clothed himself. He helped Selena do the same, most of which was handing her clothing to her. As they finished, the Reaper turned to her and nodded. "Let's go, Selena."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:57 pm

"That's not something you would notice." she said lightly. About fifteen minutes in, Selena removed her hair from the water and began letting it dry. She kept her lower body in the water to keep cool and would move the moment J asked. After a while, he did. It was time for the two of them to get moving and Selena could happily say that the break was much needed, well deserved, and rather satisfying. She felt energized now and was ready to go as well. She braided her hair quickly, much quicker than most people could braid their hair actually, and then tossed it behind her. It felt a little heavy because of some water still being in it, but that wasn't much. She began getting dressed, thanking him each time he handed her a new article of clothing. And now she was ready to get going.

As they began walking, Selena stopped about fifteen feet away and snapped her head around. "I could have sworn..." Selena looked startled. Actually she almost looked scared. Her heart had raced for a few moments before calming down. "... Nothing's there." she looked to him with a calmer expression and continued walking. They'd both be on their guard now. A few minutes later, Selena stopped again. Her eyes widened in fear as she looked behind passed Reaper. "No." she whispered when out of complete nowhere, the sound of ripping flesh came. Selena looked down and saw the tip of a pencil thick weapon protruding from her chest. "Why?" was the next word that left her lips in a horrified whisper. And then the weapon was ripped from her body and slung back through the trees.

"I don't understand?!" she said as she turned back to look at who was attacking her. As she began to turn, the weapon came out again in a lightning flash whipping motion and stabbed her again. It came through her chest once more and the tip suddenly spread out like a spider, wrapped around her body, and began dragging her away. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! Stop it! STOP IT! STOP IT!" she screamed in both anger and fear as her body was being dragged away.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:13 pm

The Reaper was on his guard from the moment that Selena noticed something odd. He trusted her senses nearly as much as his own. Where he could not see, she could. She had eyes that worked like no other, and that was a blessing to the Reaper. He could only see what he looked at, but she could see even what her eyes did not meet. There were limits to this, which is why the Reaper kept his eyes more upward than downward. He knew what her weakness was.

The fact that this attack came from behind did not shock the Reaper in hindsight. It did shock him that she didn't catch the attack. As soon as she began to panic verbally, the Reaper sprung into action. She was hit the second time, and the Reaper saw the long, thin pole. He had not seen anything like it. The Reaper grabbed the pole to try to stop it. Nothing. It did not budge and it did not stop. He did not hesitate and formed a heavy axe-like shape made of his ultra-dense crystals.

"Hang on!" The Reaper growled, and he swung the axe down. It most likely wouldn't break it. That wasn't the point. The Reaper instead hoped it would drive the weapon into the ground and stop it from moving. The less Selena was pulled by this, the better. All the while, he was searching for the culprit. He made sure that his anti-Arcana ablative armor was working... It was, so he hoped that he wouldn't be caught by surprise.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:50 pm

The pain was horrible. The metal kept bending beneath her flesh and she was dragged along. She screamed through her teeth as she hit a bump. When Reaper went to help her, the weapon did stop moving as his axe slammed into it. "AH! Uh... Shit..." She yelled in relief and took a few deep breaths. She groaned in pain again when the weapon suddenly detached, ripped from her body, and then flew off into the forest. "Ugh... Thanks..." she said. She looked down to the open wound and winced as she tried sitting up. She heard a little rustling from the bushes and looked up to see a young girl floating through the trees toward them. Selena looked on in horror, shaking her head in disbelief. "No..."

Selena pushed herself to her feet, struggling every moment of it. The moment she was standing, the girl placed herself on the ground. The girl's weapon acted like a whip, connected by solidified Arcana that acted as elastic string. The end was able to morph and the connections were able to sever and reattach when the the attacker needed them to. When the first attack came, Selena barely dodged. It was aimed to stab through her chest again, but she was able to move enough so that it cut through her shoulder. She hissed in pain, holding her shoulder to keep the blood in. Seeing she had little fight in her, the girl turned to the man in the area. Selena looked back and forth between Reaper and then the girl multiple times, "NO!" She wanted to help, but fell forward when the wound ripped open more. The girl attacked Reaper and Selena mumbled helplessly to herself, "This isn't happening..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:06 pm

"Thank me after this is over." The Reaper's axe changed into a short sword, and the second of the pair appeared in his other hand. He scanned the area, one sword in a defensive reverse grip. If it weren't for his training with Selena, the Reaper would have had a lot more trouble with this than he was having. The first attack missed just barely. The second was just as close, but the Reaper was cleanly able to dodge the third. The fourth, he blocked. The rod flew uncontrollably for a few seconds before the little girl got control back.

It was simple physics really. The Reaper was disturbing the velocity of the weapon, therefore forcing it to writhe uncontrollably for a moment. He'd have to use that to close the distance. The weapon lashed out at him again, but he did not block it. It moved out of the way of his swords, far too controlled for his liking. He was counting on the block, so he was unable to dodge it completely. Thankfully, a small shoulder wound was the only price he had to pay for now. Before the weapon could spring into something horrific, a loud boom echoed through the forest.

The end was unresponsive for a full five seconds, the solidified Arcana had come into contact with the Reaper's ablative armor. It deactivated the end, and forced it away. The Reaper sprang on the accidental help. He darted forth, closing the distance on the little girl. He growled at her as he closed the distance. "Are you the group that has been behind the attacks across the world? On Aria Grand, the Duke of Cieria, and so forth?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Selena wanted to stop this. She knew her. The girl in front of her was her younger sister, one of the twins she cared so deeply for. Why was she here? Why was she doing this!? Selena knew Reaper would subdue them and interrogate them, so she wasn't too worried for their lives, but she didn't want them hurt, any of them. He was able to close the distance between the two, but the girl began hopping backwards to get away. "Please, don't hurt her!" Selena shouted in the most desperate tone he would have ever likely heard exist her mouth. Selena tried to stand again, but it was too painful.

As this was happening, the second assailant made themselves known. She stepped out of the shadows from where Selena had originally seen someone coming from. The second pointed a sword directly at the back of Selena's head from about thirty feet away, floating like the other one had been previously, so Selena saw nothing and was too preoccupied. "Please..." Selena said, looking helplessly at J, "She's... She's my little sister." At that moment, the second assailant's sword shot forward like an arrow, extending rapidly and aiming to stab straight through the back of Selena's skull.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Selena was an idiot. Don't hurt them? What kind of nonsense was that? They tried to kill her—or at least capture her. There was no point in trying to talk them down. The masked look from the one he saw seemed to show recognition of who Selena was. They didn't care about familial bonds. Selena was an idiot. The Reaper was also an idiot for hesitating instead of charging forth. He turned to Selena as she pled for her sister's life. He was still turning when he saw the glint of incoming steel.

Thinking it was an arrow, the Reaper threw one of his weapons mid-spin. It changed form into something akin to a bola. It spun around Selena's face, barely missing her. The crystal bola struck the second assailant's weapon. Selena would probably get a graze on the shoulder. But most of all, the weapon missed and stuck into the ground. The Reaper dashed forward and placed a hand on where the weapon wedged itself into the ground. The heavy crystals formed and bound it to the ground. It would be unlikely for it to come out any time soon.

"Selena, they outrange us at the moment. I'm going to change that." The Reaper reached inside of his cloak and pulled out a cylinder—then another. It was familiar to both of them, and the Reaper held it with hatred-clenched fists. "Close your eyes when I say." He pulled a pin on the two and tossed them at Selena's sisters. Thing was, his aim was terrible to the untrained eye. They came up about five feet short of both of them. "Now!" And then they exploded. Blinding white light ripped out from the canisters. They were the same thing that had blinded the Reaper a month ago. He had purchased a few of them on their way to Aria for escape. Now, he was using it for an offensive as he charged towards the whip-girl, hoping to tackle her into a nearby tree.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:01 pm

Selena was begging him. She couldn't see her sisters killed. Worst of all, she couldn't see them killed by the same man she had promised her life to. This couldn't happen. She looked to her whip wielding sister and just asked "why" once more, right as Reaper saved her from the other. Selena's eyes widened as she looked back behind her. They were both here. Both of them were trying to kill her? Why? Why was this happening!? There's no way. This was impossible! She heard Reaper's words and looked to him in shock. She knew what those things were, but couldn't remember when he got them. "Please..." she whispered, knowing her pleas would fall on deaf ears. She closed her eyes the moment he told her to and kept them closed, knowing that when she opened them her sisters would be dead.

When the flash bombs were thrown, one of the attackers stared at it. She understood it was likely a grenade, so she began stepping back, but her reactions were slow. The second attacker saw the same thing, but her reactions were much quicker. She pretty much flew away, closing her eyes as she turned away from the grenade. The second attacker stayed back, refusing to show herself again. The first, whip wielding sister was then caught by Reaper and pinned. Now getting a closer look at the girl. He could see nothing more than a dull expression, like the memories and light of who this person once was had been erased from their being. She dropped her weapon and stared, waiting for her death.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:18 pm

The Reaper was glad that at least one of them had been taken aback by the blinding light. He stared hard into her dull eyes. The phrase "soul-piercing" might have been used, but that was too simple—too weak to use. It was like he could see her even if she were on the other side of the planet. He could pierce the sun's bright light to stare right into those dull eyes, and then have his vision cut through time and space itself just to stare at her more. Those eyes could see every tiny hair on her body, every groove and knotch in her bones. It was a stare of hatred and of intimidation. And that was when the Reaper decked her.

The whip-wielding sister slid unconsciously to the ground, her nose bleeding. The Reaper bound her arms to the tree with his crystals and grabbed the weapon. He dragged it back to Selena, whom he practically rushed to. He glanced at her chest wounds, noticing that they could be more dangerous than they look simply because of where they hit. "We'll need to get that seen to." All the while, the Reaper's eyes scanned for the other sister. "Do you have any idea why your sisters would attack you? And what can you tell me of their abilities beyond these weapons they're using?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Selena didn't want to see, but she could anyway. Every movement they made was automatically transferred to her mind. And when she saw her sister struck, she tensed heavily and felt sick to her stomach. She finally looked up and to Reaper with wide eyes full of fear. She didn't care about her wounds. She began crawling over to her sister and removed the mask that kept her mouth covered. She shook her head toward Reaper's questions as she held Sabrina in her arms. "No, no, no, no... Last time I saw them they didn't have powers. They had no Arcana, no ability to fight, nothing. They were kids who were sick, scared, and hated violence... Sabrina was scared of blood and Samantha couldn't stand even fighting with family. There is no way that they would act like this." She looked back to Reaper and kept a stern and absolute expression, "Ever. They would never do this, J." It was then that she noticed it, a strange lump on the back of her sister's neck. She leaned her sister into her and showed the lump to Reaper. "What is this? I can't tell." Something was implanted under her skin.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:23 am

"And which of your sisters is this one?" The Reaper watched around them as Selena inspected the unconscious mini-Selena. As she removed the mask, he saw the resemblance. They definitely were sisters. She couldn't be older than thirteen or fourteen. She was young, and any other man would have pitied her. They wouldn't have struck her. But the Reaper was not a normal man. His justice was unisex and approved for all ages.  He took interest in what Selena said about their behavior. He trusted Selena's word more than another. He took a moment to peer at the back of her neck, and he did see the bulge. "It's a bulge of some sort. It's like there's something under her skin." After being practically pushed to do it by Selena, the Reaper created a thin knife and cut into the skin atop the bulge.

The Reaper froze as he looked at it deeper. "Selena. If I tell you to remain calm, you won't. So I'm going to explain this the best I can. There is some sort of... metal object there. It's almost like a spider, with many different legs burrowing deeper into her neck. If I had to guess..."  The Reaper looked seriously at Selena. "It probably has its legs burrowed into her spine, if not deeper." He stood back from it. "I do not think I can remove this safely. I'd need to know more about it. Killing it or just ripping it out would be bad, for that there is no doubt. Scarecrow is who I would go for first, but he is in the opposite direction. Therefore..." The Reaper stood up. "Our target remains unchanged. We just have a secondary goal," he said begrudgingly. Selena would be the one talking to Lillianna though. Not Reaper. He didn't do so well when near powerful people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 pm