Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Twist [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Twist [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Twist [CLOSED] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Twist [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Twist [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Twist [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Twist [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Twist [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Twist [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Twist [CLOSED]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Twist [CLOSED] Empty Twist [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Twist [CLOSED] Header_zpsi8g7x32b
    X a v i e r D ' A n g e l u s

"Yes, I accept your request. This is an interesting job, but you must understand my terms... Once the job is finished, I expect the full payment. If you are unable to pay the full amount in coin, Ayaka will make up for the rest, no matter how small. Do you understand and accept these conditions?" Xavier D'Angelus, a cruel man with a horrid reputation through out Zakat's mainlands. Two weeks prior, he said these words to a man, referring to his younger daughter. "I am confident that I will be able to pay you in full. I've already got ninety percent of the payment; once the job is complete, I know for a fact that I will have the rest. So yes, I do. Accept your conditions." Xavier smiled his cruel smile, a devilish smirk creeping onto his lips. "Then it will be done." he replied and dismissed the man.

The day had arrived that Kasumi Minori was to be crossing into the Jungle of Fangs. It seemed the young woman had a thing for following rivers, so she was easy to track. This was going to be an interesting job. Xavier and his group were to capture this Kasumi woman, blindfold her, tie her up, and then drag her back to the man who wanted his revenge. It would be an easy job for Xavier for one reason only; this woman's strange power would have zero effect on him. It had all been explained, the power was in her eyes. It'd be a marvel to look at, to see happen to everyone else but him. It's why he had one man stationed a little further down to confront her first. The man had no idea he was just a puppet to fulfill a curiosity that Xavier had; he would do his job like he normally would.

"Ah... Here she comes." Xavier stood on the other side of a tree and signaled his man to go forward. The man went forward with an act of needing help, asking her if she could tell him where she was, but once he got within five feet of her, he pulled a knife and charged. It was then that Xavier got a closer look. His subordinate screamed in pain, an amount that Xavier himself could not fathom feeling, but it was so interesting. His arm had twisted like someone wringing out a wet cloth. He had expected it to pop off soon after, but it didn't. The man just screamed more, yelled a few insults, and tried to run at her again. The next one that went was his left leg, causing him to fall over and scream even more. His other leg went then and Xavier decided it was time to make his own appearance.

The woman was very much focused on the man she was torturing, so Xavier slowly stepped out from the trees to her side and in between her and the man. He intentionally blocked off her line of sight and stood not an inch from her body. "Hello, Kasumi." he spoke out calmly. His voice was like the hiss of a snake: low, soft, but threatening and deadly. His piercing eyes stared down at the small woman, wondering how quickly it would take her to flee, especially when she realized that her abilities had zero effect on him. And the moment that she would try to run or attack him, Xavier would shoot his hand forward and clench it tightly around her neck, but make sure not to be choking her. He'd then put his face closer to her own and smiled with a creepy sweet smile, "It seems... that I got you."

Last edited by SerenityVerdant on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Twist [CLOSED] Empty Re: Twist [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Twist [CLOSED] Header1

"Twist." The man who charged at her had no chance. His arm slipped free of its physical form and wrapped around itself. Like a washcloth wringing, the arm's fluids seeped through the newly-made folds. It was not a pretty sight. But in the end, Kasumi Minori's mind was not a pretty sight. Mercy was not something she gave, and it's almost like she gained a strange satisfaction as the human body before her writhed in directions not normally possible.

It had been a long time since Kasumi had used her powers. All she wanted to do was protect herself, and to her, that's what her power did.Even though it ripped the human form asunder, it defended her. Maybe it was her mind's way of telling people to get away—that she was a bent and twisted person. But they didn't listen. They didn't want to listen. They wanted her body. They would not get her body.

"Twist." And his left leg followed the suit of his arm. "Twist." And so fell his right leg. "Twist." An finally, his left arm. The man looked like some abstractionist modern art fountain, only with blood and not water. His mouth foamed with rage, pain, and probably some bodily function Kasumi couldn't comprehend. He tried to mouth something, but his words slurred.

Even a masochist couldn't enjoy this much pain. It wasn't like bones protruded from his skin. No, his bones were now a fine dust mixed in with his muscle tissue to create the gore smoothie inside of his arms and legs. Kasumi's crimson eyes stared at the man, filled with fear. She still feared this man, even though he couldn't move. "Twist." And the man's neck spun around, horrible snapping noises and all.

Two breaths later, a man spoke from behind her. She whipped around and took a step back. She hesitated. "Twist." Her eyes flashed the colors they were meant to, but nothing happened. She took a step back. "Twist." Again, nothing.

Fear showered down her face, and she began to take more steps back, but was stopped. A hand around your throat does that. In his grip, Kasumi trembled slightly."S-stop..." Her voice shook just like her body, and she just wanted to get away. She tried to pull on the man's arm, trying to get his grip off of her neck. But she was not strong enough. She was helpless without her eyes. And the moment she realized it, Kasumi's body went limp, her eyes empty. She felt that her life was going to return to how it once was.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Twist [CLOSED] Header_zpsi8g7x32b
    X a v i e r D ' A n g e l u s

"Keep trying, but it won't work on me." the man hissed as he warped his hand around her neck. She struggled a bit, but his grip would not falter and she gave up rather quickly. Xavier chuckled at her failed attempts. "What? Is that all you've got?" he asked as her body went limp. When she did that, he released her and allowed her body to fall harshly to the ground. Xavier went over and grabbed the blindfold his decapitated subordinate had and blindfolded Kasumi. When he did this, he stepped on her back, applying enough pressure to make it even hard to breathe. "Can't have you harming my men, now can I?" he mumbled to her. Xavier raised an arm and signaled a few other men to appear. Once they did, they came over and fully restrained Kasumi, tossing her over a horses back.

Thirty minutes later, the group arrived at their currently chosen hide out. During the trip, the men had no problem poking at Kasumi, pulling her hair, squeezing parts of her body only a lover should, and even forcing a few sloppy kisses on her. Having her blindfolded, along with her feet and hands being tightly tied, made taking advantage of his girl so much easier. Xavier laughed at their actions, never taking one like that himself. He was not interested in touching this woman in such a manner; she was no way near his type. As they were all able to relax in their hide out, they tossed Kasumi over to a corner that wouldn't shock them if she hit her head on a jagged rock or two. Xavier sat down at a table and pulled out a cigarette, giving it a few puffs as the men scattered.

"Boss, can I... you know, play with her for a while?" one of his men asked and Xavier just shrugged. "No permanent damage." was his only reply, "That's not our place this time." Xavier turned away, not caring to see what his subordinate was going to do to her. The other men left the area, not exactly the sharing type, and the final man stepped over to Kasumi and forced the girl to lay flat on her back. He pulled out a knife in preparation of removing the binds on her legs so he can access the parts in between, but first his hands began their journey up her dress and towards her breasts. "S-So pretty... So soft..." the man said through disgusting chuckles as he had his fun at her expense. He went to cut the bindings when he saw a foot on his dagger and a sword was placed at his throat.

Sometimes, it's best to pay attention to your surroundings. Assuming the entire area has no one else in it but yourself is foolish. So when Mathias was walking through the Jungle Of Fangs, heading into Cieria, and heard those terrifying screams of pain, he rushed to help. When he arrived there, he saw the man's head get cut clean off in the strangest manner he had ever seen, the rest of his body distorted horribly. He watched another man step calmly out of the bushes and practically scare the young woman to death. Nothing was happening, the girl did nothing to deserve this, at least in Mathias' mind. He even assumed it was the man who had cut the other man's head off. He was about to make an appearance when seven other men came out of the woodwork and tied the girl up.

Mathias wanted to help her, but needed to know their strength. He followed them through the forest, silently navigating the harsh terrain and keeping them in his sights. They vanished for a moment, so he wondered whether he had  been seen, but after waiting for a while, he realized they had made there way behind a large bunch of vines and into a cave that seemed to lead deep underground. It was dark, so it took him a while to find the light from torches that these men left. When he was finally able to catch up, he saw that the other man had moved deeper into the cave, one was sitting down, and another was violating the young woman. He quietly moved forward. As the man went to grab the dagger, Mathias placed his foot on it and put his wakazashi at the man's throat.

"Worm." was the final word that this man heard before a blade slit it's way through his wind pipe. As this was done, Mathias put enough pressure behind the slice that the man's body and blood went away from the girl; she didn't' need any of that crap on her. "ACK!" the man's final loud noise caused Xavier to turn toward him to tell him to stay quiet, but Xavier's eyes widened when he was a man standing there. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Xavier asked angrily. Mathias just narrowed his eyes at the man. "You were going to allow this disgusting cretin to violate this young woman; You're pathetic." Mathias said, pulling out his second blade, "I'm taking her out of here, what the hell do you think?" Xavier smirked and stood up as his men all re-entered, "I don't think so."

Seeing all of these men come out from the cave paths behind Xavier, Mathias knew his skill would probably match up to all seven of them. He could probably take three, if their leader did not step in, but seven men was going to be difficult. The men pulled out their own weapons and laughed at him. Mathias narrowed his eyes and suddenly the fire from all nine torches flew toward him and the cave went dark. "Boss, what's happening?!" a man shouted in fear. "Like I know, you fool; be on your guard!" Xavier told them all and everything went silent. Suddenly, a burst of flame shot out toward the rest of them, re-lighting the cave and two of the torches, but causing many of them to catch on fire as well. The men panicked and Xavier quickly put himself out, glaring at Mathias.

He was going to charge forward, but a lot of their stuff was catching on fire and smoke was filling the cave. "Out, the back way, go!" Xavier commanded his now coughing men. As they left through the back way, Xavier looked back once more to get a good look at Mathias. "I will find her again." he said, knowing he couldn't get paid if the job wasn't complete. Xavier ran out and Mathias quickly sheathed his swords, hurrying toward Kasumi. "I've got you, I've got you." he said in a comforting tone, picking the woman up bridal style and holding her close. He began coughing as well and moved toward the exit where he half-knew the way out. Navigating a dark cave was difficult at times, but he finally did make his way out, the smoke semi-leading him to the fresh air he and the girl needed now.

Mathias looked back toward the cave to see if anyone was following, but he saw no one. He kept running just in case, moving for about ten minutes before finally feeling safe enough to stop. He dropped to his knees and softly laid her down, coughing a few more times as his lungs tried to rid themselves of smoke. "Bastards..." Mathias said angrily pulled out his wakazashi, "You're safe now... I'll have these bindings off quickly." He used the wakazashi to cut through the ropes behind her back, then her feet, and then set it down to untie the blindfold. "There you go... That a little better?" he asked her with a sweet smile, "Those assholes are long gone... Are you hurt?" Mathias made sure to scoot back away from her and sit down. He set his swords to the side and crossed his legs.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:42 am

Twist [CLOSED] Header2

Helplessness. Eventually, there's a point where you just block it all out. You let your body go limp and your nerves go silent. Her eyes never once focused on the men who assaulted her. Not only because she was blindfolded either. Kasumi's eyes drifted away to a place only she knew. It wasn't a happy place. It was dark, desolate. There were no sounds nor sights in there. It was a blank area where she hid herself years ago.

She could feel the kisses being forced onto her, but her body didn't react. Her mind avoided them, not wanting to remember it. Green and red swirls danced around her (metaphorically speaking), and she wanted to twist herself at this point. Kasumi's breathing was light, and even as her mouth was blocked by those disgusting men, she continued her light breaths through her nose.

Kasumi wanted nothing more than to cease existing at this point. She was going back to what she once knew as life. She had been through enough pain and suffering that even multiple lifetimes of a normal person would not endure. But to her, that was just Tuesday. Or maybe Wednesday.

Kasumi's brain quickened the passage of time, and the next thing she knew, she was being tossed into a corner. Her body bounced, but she gave no sounds. Her clothes ripped, and she ended up biting her lip on one of the impacts. Blood trailed from her mouth. Kasumi could not hear what they were saying, and she made no attempt to.

Again, another jolt and Kasumi was on her back. A familiar touch sent her body into a forced relaxed mode. Her muscles' tension faded. She knew the feeling of what was going to happen next all too well. She knew what this man wanted to do to her, and he was most certainly not the first to do so. It is amazing what he wanted still worked, but then again, the female body is durable.

Kasumi heard muffled yelling, and soon felt warmth for only a second. Then it disappeared, but it re-appeared and faded just as quickly. The smell of smoke just brought back horrid memories, and as she was being rescued, she relived the horrible moments of bringing that village down. She just wanted the pain to stop; she didn't want to kill everyone. Just the pain...

As light flooded her vision again, it snapped her out of the flashbacks. She took a moment to gauge her surroundings. She didn't see the man who assaulted her. Was that a good thing? Kasumi didn't know. A voice rang through her ears, and Kasumi shot up, turning to face the man. She shook. She couldn't answer him.

Kasumi tried to stand up, but her leg gave out on her. Although she felt no pain from it, she could feel odd pressure on left leg. She looked down to see it was bleeding bad, probably from the rocks she was thrown up against. She stood there for a moment, staring at the blood that soaked through her dress. Kasumi hobbled over to a tree and leaned against it, close her eyes. She still shook, as she knew that man was still there."If you... are planning on using me, can we get it over with?" Kasumi's voice rang out with an emptiness. She didn't want to be here. Not here as in the jungle, but here as in the mortal plane.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:33 am

Twist [CLOSED] Header3_zpsf9lj2e9w
    M a t h i a s M c K e n d r i c k

"If you... are planning on using me, can we get it over with?"

That sentence completely took Mathias off guard. She sounded used to things like this happening to her. It was then that Mathias stood up and took a good look at her. She was underweight, her skin a little pale and sickly, her hair seemed to lose all the shine that woman usually had. And then her eyes, dead. She looked like she wasn't even here, like she couldn't really even see him standing there. Mathias shook his head; he couldn't bare thinking about what this girl's story was. He did step up to her and place a hand  gently on the side of her head, brushing a few strands of hair away from her face. Sliding his fingers down the side of her cheek, he gently placed his hand under her chin and brought her up to look at him. And with a smile, he shook his head, "I will do no such thing."

"I can tell you what I will do though..." he said as he set a small bag he had hanging over his shoulder down. He took a moment to rummage through it and pulled out a small Zakatian container. He stood up again and held it out to her. "I will allow you to have this; it's not much, but it should hold you over and it's still warm." he said, opening the container to reveal a thick beef stew, "Zakatian technology is wonderful, isn't it? I've been away from that town for about an hour and a half now, yet I don't have to warm this up." Mathias sat back down near her and the tree she was leaning against. He tapped the ground next to him and set the bowl in front of her once she sat. If she hesitated, he'd sort of push the issue, probably making it seem like she had to do it, "Come on, sit. Eat."

"And another thing I will do is escort you out of this jungle until I know you're safe from that yellow eyed bastard." Mathias glanced back the way they came, a look of anger pouring over his expression when he thought of those men getting her again. With a sigh and his face turning calm, he turned back toward her to make sure she was eating. If she wasn't, he'd give a playful glare and say, "Don't make me force feed you... I'd rather you do it on your own, and quickly. If those men return, I'm not entirely sure whether I can take them all out... The fire in the cave was sort of a lucky break..." Mathias set an elbow on his knee and his chin on his fist, watching her with a rather interested smile. "I'm Mathias, by the way..." he said, kindly introducing himself, "Mind if I have your name?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:07 am

Twist [CLOSED] Header2

Kasumi heard the crunching of sticks and grass as he walked over to her. She continued to shake, but her body loosened itself. He touched her. She tensed up briefly, but it faded. She couldn't afford to cause displeasure for a customer. Her eyes still shut, she began to wait on him to start. But he didn't. Instead, he brushed hair off of her face. And then brought his hand under her chin to turn her towards him.

Kasumi's eyes still remained shut. That was until he said he'd do no such thing. Those red eyes faded back into view. Was she not good enough? Was she not his type? That's what came through her mind. But truthfully, he was just a good guy. Kasumi stared in disbelief as the man rummaged through a bag, bringing out a container. Kasumi could feel a bit of the heat from where she was, and she could smell it a bit too.

The man handed it to her, and she hesitated to take it. She stared at it. She raised her hands, then retreated them. And she hesitated again. She didn't know what that was. It smelled good, but... Kasumi was hungry. She exhaled and took it, holding it carefully with both hands. It was as if she were holding something as fragile as herself. She watched the contents whirl inside.

The man asked her to sit by her with nonverbal cues. She hesitated again. She looked down at the container, then at the bowl, then back to the container. She placed it down and crawled over to the bowl, not saying a thing. She grabbed it, then returned to her tree. This time, she sat cross-legged, almost proper. She poured herself a small bowlful, and took a few small sips of it.

It warmed her body up quite well, and a bit of relief washed over her face. "It's... good." Kasumi stared at the idle bowl, watching the ingredients slosh around. It was somewhat calming to her. Kasumi didn't particularly care about her being rescued. She didn't particularly care if she went back. She may not have really wanted to, but at least then she wouldn't worry about running. At least then, her life would be routine.

The man introduced himself as Mathias. Kasumi glanced up, then back down to the stew. It took her a few seconds to respond. "Kasumi... Kasumi Minori." Her voice was almost hard to hear, and it had a raspy smoothness to it. It did not have the full-on emptiness as before, but it was obvious that she was not fully there. Her mind was still half-blanked, recovering from her traumatic flashbacks.

"Mister Mathias..." Kasumi called out lightly, still staring at the stew. "I appreciate your hospitality. But," Kasumi looked to him, her eyes still blanked out, "what made you think I was worth saving?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:10 am

"Kasumi Minori, I'll try and remember that, but please excuse if your last name escapes me." Mathias tried to speak as gently as he could. There was no point in scaring the girl more than she already was. He wanted to calm her down, get her to open up. Maybe then she can trust him enough to get her to a place where she can be safe. He could tell she's had a horrible time at life, especially recently with how under weight she was. She spoke up again, calling him Mister Mathias. That was cute. He chuckled. "Please, no. Just call me Mathias; Mister is something people call my brother, not me." he explained, his smile never fading as they talked. "I appreciate your hospitality. But," Kasumi looked to him with eyes that made him stare, "But what?" "what made you think I was worth saving?"

That confirmed it; Kasumi was one of those women who had been heavily damaged by people like those he had rescued her from. She asked why he thought she was worth it, that gave it away. Most people had some sense of self-worth and could understand why someone would save them. She was a human being, she was a woman, she was small, she was defenseless, she needed help, and she was alone. Any of these reasons came to his mind, but he didn't know how to express it correctly. He looked at her with a bit of pity, worried about where this woman's state of mind was. He had rescued women before, but none ever this broken. "Sweet heart, there are horrible people in this world and I can tell by looking at you that you've encountered just about every kind I could think of."

Mathias rubbed the back of his head and glanced off, thinking for a moment. His true intentions really were just because she needed his help. That was it. He just wanted her to feel like it was more than that. For many, his reasons would be enough. That probably included this woman too, but he wanted her to feel more; he just didn't want to lie to her. With a sigh, he slouched a bit, placing both elbows on his knees. "Honestly, I saved you because you needed my help. I didn't have any extra reasons behind it." he explained as kindly as possible, "I don't feel people should need an extra reason to help those in need of it. It should just happen, it should come naturally. I can say that I'm glad I didn't turn away; I thought about finding the authorities, but I'm glad it turned out this way."

"Come now, eat and regain your strength... We should be heading out soon."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Twist [CLOSED] Header2

"Sweet heart, there are horrible people in this world and I can tell by looking at you that you've encountered just about every kind I could think of." Kasumi's eyes flickered, but she did not break eye contact. She had met with murderers, rapists, molestors, conmen, hitmen, and just downright scum. And yet, she fit right in with them. She had killed. She had tortured. Her experiences had left her with no mercy, and anyone who crossed her—before tonight—had been killed without hesitation.

Kasumi Minori was not a good person. Kasumi Minori was the jagged edge of a broken vase, ready to cut into someone who got too close. The only reason Kasumi hadn't done anything to Mathias... is because she felt weak. Her powers did not work earlier, and she could not do anything to stop her assault. She felt powerless, even now. If this man wanted to take advantage of the cute, helpless young woman... he would be able to.

Mathias's reasoning didn't quite strike Kasumi. They bounced off of her, not clicking in her brain. Why would anyone want to save her? Just because? Just because she looked like she needed help? Kasumi's grip on the bowl tightened, but those almost-empty scarlet eyes did not peer away from Mathias. She sat in silence, trying to comprehend him. After she was asked to eat, Kasumi just stared at the stew.

It was almost a minute after he urged her to eat that she spoke up. "I do not think it would be wise to travel with me." Kasumi's wording was precise. She looked back up to him. "I am injured, and my leg would only slow you down. If you carried me, it would still slow you down.Plus, it puts you on the ire of that man further. I would only be a burden to you, and getting hurt over me..." She returned to staring at the stew and took a bite. "I do not feel I am worth that."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 pm

"Hey... Don't... Don't say that about yourself." Mathias tilted his head a bit, slouching slightly to look up at her face, "If you're injured, I'll help. If we need to move slower, we'll move slower. I don't exactly have a set destination or time limit to get there either..." Mathias was a little off-put by Kasumi. For some reason, he felt like he was walking around on egg shells while talking to her. It wasn't that he had any clue she was something more than a powerless human, no. It was the fact that he really did not want to hurt her any more than she had already been. He crossed his arms along his chest and stared off into the distance. He was trying to think of ways to communicate with this woman and get his point across. After a few moments, he leaned forward and looked back to her.

"Why would you think so low of yourself?" Mathias asked and then pointed back the way they came, "Because of people like those men? Have people like that made you feel this way? If so, then put that all in your past. It doesn't matter anymore and it's time for you to get a fresh start, a second chance at life. How does that sound? Maybe I can help you out with that too... I don't like people feeling like they aren't worth it. It's wrong." Mathias sighed and put his hands behind his head. He laid back and crossed his legs over one another, looking up at the sky through the openings of the trees. He was silent for a moment, thinking deeply about her situation. "It's probably none of my business..." he spoke up, his tone quite soft, "But... what exactly happened to you; in your past, I mean."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Twist [CLOSED] Header1

Kasumi just wanted to yell at him. She wanted to tell him "you don't understand what it's like to be me." But she didn't. Because that made it sound like she was hoping he would understand. No one should understand what it meant to be Kasumi Minori. No one needed to go through what she did. No one needs that. And Kasumi doesn't want to wish that upon anyone.

Questions. This man kept asking questions. Why did she feel this way? There were more reasons than there were trees around them. Kasumi further tightened her grip. She trembled ever so slightly, just enough to get the water rippling. She didn't want to remember all of those things they did to her. She didn't want to relive those moments. But they were coming back into her thoughts.

Kasumi didn't answer him immediately. She stared at the stirring stew, and just wanted him to go away. But she didn't get up, and neither did he. "From a young age..." Kasumi spoke not to Mathias, but to the stew. She couldn't tell Mathias this, but she didn't care if he overheard. The stew might, but it wasn't speaking up yet. "I worked in the largest building in my hometown. It was an inn on paper. But behind the thin veil of legality, it was a bordello."

"I can not remember when I started working in that area... but it was for almost a decade. I stopped counting the days and months. It was pointless. I knew what my duty the next day would be. It would be the same as the previous day's. The only difference might be a change in the customers' faces... but overall, the life was... stable." Kasumi didn't quite know why the word stable was the one she chose. Maybe it was because there was no variation from day to day. "I don't know how many people there were over the years. There were few days I did not work..."

"A year ago almost..." Kasumi's eyes turned to Mathias, still as empty as they were before. "I was in the middle of a session... and something hurt. I can't remember what, but I remember losing control... There was so much pain... I killed them. The entire village. It did not matter who it was. People tried to stop me... but I couldn't do anything... I just wanted the pain to stop..." Kasumi's hands continued to shake. "I don't know why... but I thought that doing that would ease the pain I felt... It hurt... and when I stood there, looking at the carnage... my pain continued. It didn't stop for another two days, and I could barely move..."

"I killed them all... and I can't cry for them. Even the ones who never step foot in the inn. I am... nothing greater than the man whom you rescued me from. I am a murderer, and I deserve no mercy or pity..." Kasumi stayed silent for a moment after finishing, then did her best to eat another bite of the stew. It was hard for her to swallow.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Mathis soon realized his original thoughts were correct. He really didn't want to know her story; he needed to. As she spoke, he kept his eyes shut and just imagined some of the things she could have gone through. When she mentioned this pain, he knew it must have been overwhelming, especially if it was able to cause her to lose control of her powers. But from what it sounded, she might not have even known she had the powers before hand either. In his mind, though it was a bad assumption, she had felt such a large amount of pain that her powers activated as a defensive mechanism, causing her to lose control and by the time she woke up from it all, it had all been done. There was nothing she could do to prevent that. Mathias opened his eyes, sat up, and looked toward her.

"It's... in the past." he said semi-quietly. He kept his eyes narrowed in pity, looking at the broken woman in front of him with no intentions but to help her. He took a deep breath and lowered his head. "I know it sounds stupid, it sounds like putting a band-aid on a dragon bite... and it is, but it's impossible to change the past." Mathias explained as kindly as he possibly could, "There is only one thing you can change... and that's the path you choose to take from now on. You have every ability to control where you go and where your life will lead... and yes, there will be people like that prick back there that will try to change that, but it doesn't have to happen that way. That's something I am willing to help you with for as long as you need me. I won't let anyone take advantage of you again."

"And Kasumi..." he continued with a sweet smile and stood up. He moved closer to her and knelt down next to her, his smile as gentle as ever. "There are always ways to redeem yourself... I can tell by how you said it; your memories of harming people that had nothing to do with what happened to you... they hurt. They hurt a lot." Mathias said as he put a hand on her shoulder, trying to be as understanding as someone like him could be, "From now on, do what you can to atone for anything bad you've done. Show the world that you regret it, that it does hurt you... and things will change. You'll feel better about yourself, people will stop hurting you, and your life will change for the better..." He stood up again and held his hand out, "What do ya say? Care to take one more chance?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:20 am

Twist [CLOSED] Header1

Every word out of his mouth stung. It wasn't for her. Those kinds of things would be wasted on her. That's what her mind was telling her. Well, that's what it was saying before his words stung. It wasn't like a bee sting, but that sharp sensation of having cold water poured over you. Maybe it was a wake-up call. Maybe. Kasumi didn't know. But what she did know was that it calmed her down. The bowl was no longer shaking in her hands. A small smile's echo faded onto her face.

"I remember..." her voice sounded far softer, but still just as loud as before, "one customer. He didn't want to use me like the others did. He just wanted me to taste some new pastries he was creating. I couldn't refuse, and I think that's why he went to that place... Some of them were horrible, but I remember one... It was shaped like a doughnut, but the center was filled with a cupcake. It was covred in powdered sugar, although I thought it to be one of the drugs I saw in there."

Kasumi took another sip of the stew. "But it was the best thing I had ever tasted. He was surprised, as that one was an accident. But I assured him it was the best thing in the batch..." Kasumi set the bowl aside and placed a hand over her stomach—her smile gone. "I don't want to die... Even though I have done those terrible, awful, and despicable things... I don't want to die. I want to taste more things like that pastry. I want to see things more beautiful than the seas I crossed... I don't want to go back to the life I had."

"I lied earlier. I can't taste that stew. It was warm, which does feel good... but I haven't been able to taste things fin a long time. I want to be able to enjoy those things again. Those so-called 'little things' that I hear about... They keep other people happy. The thought of them keeps me alive. Sir Mathias," she felt awkward just calling him "Mathias" as she had never been on a first-name basis with anyone, "if you feel that I can go on to enjoying those things again... I will follow that path."

"I have not had a path to guide me since... that night. I have just been running. Nowhere to go to but away. If... you can help me get to the path I need to be on... it would be..." Kasumi tried to think of the word. It took her a few seconds, but she got it out. "Appreciated."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:45 am

It was a decent memory at least. She was able to taste something she felt was delicious, so that was good. There wasn't all bad in her past, though most of it seemed to be. That didn't matter. One memory was all it would take to keep people from taking that shortcut to the next life. He didn't know if this young woman had ever been suicidal, but from what she said here and now, she didn't want to die. She wanted to feel happiness again. And the one memory she had told him that happiness came in the form of food. She didn't like the stew though, so maybe the foods it came in was sweets. That shouldn't be too hard to fulfill, right? The first place he'd take her to, once they could find one at least, was a bakery. He'd let her pick anything she wanted out, no matter the amount or cost.

Just thinking about being able to make the girl feel happy made a smile appear on Mathias' face. He nodded to her once she said he could help her find that path again. "I'd be glad to." was his reply to that, "I understand the stew might not taste very good, but you should eat as much of it as you can. It'll help you regain some strength. Once you're done, we can get goin'. I know the city of Khul is a bit North of here... That might be a good place to start." Once she was finished eating, if she agreed with eating more, Mathias would help her clean up and put the bowl stuff away. Once everything was packed up, he'd point in the direction the two would go and make their way to Khul. "You got a favorite color?" he asked, deciding to get to know her on the trip, "How about music? You like it?"

"Oh, and before I forget." he'd remember after she answered his two previous questions, "Please, don't call me Mister or Sir... or any real title. Mathias is preferred... I don't know if you were taught differently or something, but it's a little awkward for me..." Mathias rubbed the back of his head, glancing away from her. It was embarrassing for him to be talked to like he was 'better' than her or some sort of 'nobility'. He wasn't a teacher either, that was his brother, so that made it feel even weirder. He just wanted to be called by his first name, that's it. "Do you like any animals?" he'd continue asking her these minor questions. He wanted to get to know her enough to call her a friend, especially since he planned on traveling with her, "How about reading? Do you read at all?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:47 am

Twist [CLOSED] Header1

Kasumi shook her head. He was wrong on something. "I did not mean to imply the stew was bad-tasting... I have not had much of a palate after..." Kasumi's expression began to grim, but she brought it back up to normal. "It is warm, and I think that is enough." Kasumi bowed her head slightly, and finished the stew. She couldn't eat fast, so it did take her a few minutes. But she did finish it.

Mathias gave her a stick to help her walk, and it allowed her to keep pressure off of her injured leg. They began to walk towards Khul, and it was not a silent trek. "A color...?" Kasumi blinked. She hadn't thought of that. "I never really thought of it..." She made audible thinking noises for a moment before she sunk deep into concentration. "I... think I like greens." She had no idea, but it worked.

"Music... I don't think I have actually heard anything besides what they would play in there." And then, he corrected her. Just calling him Mathias was odd. She had always called someone "Sir," "Mister," "Ma'am", "Madame," and sometimes even "Mistress." Men weren't the only customers in that place, but women were rare. "I... will try." Kasumi then shook her head. "No, I will. My apologies, Mathias." When Kasumi spoke his name, it tensed her body up and sounded incredibly forced.

"I can't say I have dealt with animals much... I know that dogs barking always terrified me because the owner had these two large dogs that would chase down escapees... And I haven't really read anything... I can read Arcadian and Common, but that is all." Kasumi continued in silence for a few seconds before looking down. "I'm sorry... I can't really answer your questions. And when I do, it's obvious it upsets you..."

"If you'd like, we can continue the trip in silence." Kasumi was offering him that. She wasn't asking him to. She just... She couldn't answer the questions. And when she did, it always came back to the fact that she was different. She was not raised like he was. She couldn't answer anything like that because she wasn't allowed to like those things. Although truthfully, Kasumi was more of a cat person than anything.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:47 pm

When she was answering him, Mathias went quiet. He liked being able to hear her. Since she talked so quietly, it was easier for him to understand her if extra noises weren't being sounded out. Apparently she took it as a bad sign. After she answered the questions he asked, she said that she could stay quiet if he preferred. Mathias looked down toward her and blinked a couple times. "Why would I want that?" he asked and then smiled, "I'm only trying to get to know you and actually remember what you have to say. I've seen people talk for hours and then not remember anything that the other person said. I find that to be a waste of time because you don't actually find out anything new." Mathias chuckled a bit and looked ahead of them as they walked, "Silent trips aren't that fun."

"Anyways..." he looked back down to her, "Is there anything you'd like to know about me? Since we're going to be traveling together, it's best to actually know the person you'll be trusting to have your back. You can ask anything you want, I'll answer." Mathias was ready to answer just about any question that she threw at him,  but something told him that she was going to be the type to ask questions that he didn't expect. The one's he asked were normal and basic; what would a mind like hers come up with? In fact, he was actually curious to find out. "Oh, and thank you for calling me Mathias." he added on before she started asking, "Now, go ahead and ask away."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Twist [CLOSED] Header1

Kasumi had gotten him wrong. It hurt a little that her prediction was wrong, but that was cancelled by the fact that she didn't upset him. Kasumi hesitated to ask him questions. But he wanted her to. She didn't know what to ask. She had never interviewed someone. She had never gotten to know anyone. Kasumi was not one of the ones customers asked to go on 'pity trips' with. That meant they would pay for time, but instead of sex, they just ranted. About wives, husbands, bosses, coworkers, children, neighbors, et cetera. Kasumi was not one of the lucky ones. The only non-traditional customer she ever had was the baker.

Kasumi hesitated, and looked to the side as she thought. "What... is your favorite color? And... is there any music you like?" Kasumi's idea was to repeat his questions. It might be rude... but she only had that as an option. "Do you like any animals? And do you like reading?" Kasumi was a little embarrassed as she thought of an original question. It was harder than she thought. And then it hit. She looked to Mathias. "Do you believe in God?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Kasumi was a cutie, a lot more than she likely thought. Mathias didn't mind the first question that came out at all. After the second, he only smiled more. She was repeating what he asked her. She didn't seem to have the best of social skills, so it was fine to him. "My favorite color is purple, without a doubt... As for music, anything my brother plays, honestly." Mathias rubbed the back of his head, "He's sorta a musical genius over in Arcadia... Kinda well known. He plays the flute, violin... piano too... Lots of them and I've never not liked a song he did, so... Oh, the flute would be my favorite out of all of those though." He nodded. He was obviously proud of his brother. The two of them were always close. "So, anymore questions you'd like to ask?" he urged her to continue.

"Hm... Animals are okay. I've never really had a pet or anything like that. I've ridden horses. Oh, I was bucked once, that hurt." Mathias chuckled and rubbed his back as if he was remembering that day, "As for reading, no. Mom used to read to my brother and I when we were younger, but I never got into the habit of it. My brother is a reader though; he likes to learn things and taught me most of what I know. He became a professor over at Rydian Academy." Mathias thought about it a bit more. He was talking more about his brother than himself, though that revealed a lot about him too. Looking back to her again, he continued his kind smile. "Anymore?" he asked in hopes of more questions, but then he was hit with one that caused his smile to drop and his heart to skip a beat.

Mathias stopped walking and thought about that really, really hard. "I've never given it much thought..." he said in a quiet tone, almost as if he was dazing out over the subject. He was thinking back to his family, the things he accomplished, the things he's seen in life, and then looked back to Kasumi. He presumed she was asking this because of how many horrible things had happened to her and was wanting some sort of reasoning behind it all. "I do." he said, his calm face turning up into a smile as gentle as a spring breeze, "I believe there is someone out there watching over us all, wanting us to do good, to live, to love, and to be at peace... I also believe that they guide us through life, aiding us, giving us opportunities that we can choose to take or not to take... I believe there is a God."

"And I believe that is why I was in the forest at that exact moment. I believe that I was given the opportunity to save you, took it, and now I have this beautiful young woman to travel with..." Mathias set a hand on the top of her head, running his thumb softly along her hair, "I believe that everything in my life has led me to this moment, to this time, and to you... so I can do whatever I possibly can to help you find your way... And maybe..." Mathias knelt down and picked a small white flower and held it out to her, "Just maybe... this world can see that pretty smile of yours return to light." Mathias turned down the road again and began walking. He'd keep looking to her to make sure she was walking beside him. He didn't want her getting lost, especially when she just started back on her path.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:26 pm